X1 has live and?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

With the next-gen consoles about to be released, the inevitable comparisons have begun.

PS4 is cheaper than the X1

PS4 is more powerful than the X1

PS4 will have better multiplats

PS4 has more games in development than the x1

PS4 has Santa Monica studios and Naughty Dog (That is a major factor no matter how you spin it)

PS4 has a better controller

Past trends indicate that Sony will support the PS4 for a longer period of time than the X1( GT 6 is coming out on the PS3) and have better and new exclusives

Xbox one has XBL which you can argue is better because it has been a paid service from the beginning. PSN was pretty decent despite its problems but since it was free, how can you complain?

Now that PSN is paid for and Sony confirming it will be vastly improved, you can expect in a few years for them to be pretty even.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-28-sony-vows-to-improve-psn-for-ps4-following-gta5-issues

Once live is the same as PSN, what else will X1 have over the PS4?

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Can't really argue with your 6 main points although the 6th is subjective.

Personally I've never really got the whole "live is better than PSN" arguments. I've played on both (admittedly on PSN much more than Live) and I'm still at a loss as to why one is better than the other. Both enable me to play online games and I've never has much bother doing so on either. Could someone shed any light as to why one is regarded as vastly superior than the other.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I prefer the games on the X1

I prefer the xbox controller

I am ok with that...

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

X1 is better value

X1 has more AAA exclusives

X1 has better controller

X1 has better online, dedicated servers for all games

X1 has Kinect

X1 allows you to watch tv while you game

PS4 DOESNT HAVE TITANFALL!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

X1 is better value

X1 has better controller

X1 has Kinect

It has more AA batteries as well.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Netret0120

More AAA exclusives?

lol hahaha

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

PS4 is cheaper, true enough. But it is still $400 for a video games console or $500 for a video games console that does so much more (plus kinect camera)

PS4 has the better specs true.

Better looking multiplats or better overall? That's to be determined as we currently hear about frame rate issues on ps4 plus multiplayer experience will likely be better on X1 (more on this later)

More games but pretty much due to Indie games... so yeah. More exclusive big titles are on X1 at the moment. X1 will likely get Windows 8 games soon if the rumors are true which will increase library plus the indie support from MS keeps on improving (free Unity anyone?)

Santa Monica and Naughty Dog.. true.

The 360 controller was the best alst gen, no reason to think it wont continue. Plus it now has rumble triggers and dynamic rumble effects

In the past but no one can see the future

XBL will continue to be better than PSN at least for one more generation. Sony can't compete with things like the Azure infrastructure and 300,000 plus dedicated servers for any dev to use. No lobby's needed to wait for online matches, adaptive AI, suspend and resume instantly... Plus you can still party chat and now part video chat with skype (while multitasking mind you). This is also why the multiplat argument may not hold up as these features become more and more utilized.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

The only advantage the PS4 has right now is price, which could easily be squashed by MS if sales aren't up to scratch. In terms of value, you're getting more with the XOne which is funny because thats the exact same argument cows used back in 2006 with the PS3.

Having better multiplats meaning what exactly. If you're talking solely graphics, then yeah potentially. But there are a lot of other factors that can make one version better than the other.

More games in development - yeah, if you like indies. Xbox has more proper games in development.

Yeah, Naughty Dog is a big advantage. But then MS have 343 (and arguably Turn 10). Also partnership with Remedy, one of the best devs out there.

Controller - Nah, XOne controller is definitely superior.

You also forgot to mention features. XOne trounces the PS4 in features on an OS level, and has more potential in the app market with MSs partnerships and their ecosystem of Windows 8 and Windows Phone.

In regards to XBL, there are certain bottlenecks on PS4 meaning it will never match XBL, for example voice chat quality. Also, MS has a pretty huge advantage with Azure, something Sony will never match either.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@RR360DD: really? Voice Chat quality? lol... thats really scraping the barrel like dude

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@RedentSC said:

@RR360DD: really? Voice Chat quality? lol... thats really scraping the barrel like dude

I'm not saying its some essential feature, Im just saying its nice that MS have actually put the effort in. Its another situation where MS planned ahead and Sony didn't, just like last gen when the PS3 couldn't do cross game chat.

I just wonder what other online features MS introduce on the XOne that the PS4 can't do.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

@RR360DD said:

The only advantage the PS4 has right now is price, which could easily be squashed by MS if sales aren't up to scratch. In terms of value, you're getting more with the XOne which is funny because thats the exact same argument cows used back in 2006 with the PS3.

Having better multiplats meaning what exactly. If you're talking solely graphics, then yeah potentially. But there are a lot of other factors that can make one version better than the other.

More games in development - yeah, if you like indies. Xbox has more proper games in development.

Yeah, Naughty Dog is a big advantage. But then MS have 343 (and arguably Turn 10). Also partnership with Remedy, one of the best devs out there.

Controller - Nah, XOne controller is definitely superior.

You also forgot to mention features. XOne trounces the PS4 in features on an OS level, and has more potential in the app market with MSs partnerships and their ecosystem of Windows 8 and Windows Phone.

In regards to XBL, there are certain bottlenecks on PS4 meaning it will never match XBL, for example voice chat quality. Also, MS has a pretty huge advantage with Azure, something Sony will never match either.

Did you just list 343 and Remedy as a "big advantage"? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. The only game 343 has ever done was a steaming pile of average and made a mockery of Bungies hard work.

Remedy hasn't been relevant in god knows how long. Alan Wake was the very definition of mediocre and I also remember playing it on my PC/laptop. Aren't they making some tv show/game hybrid? I thought all lems hated games that tried to be tv/movies? Oh the hypocrisy! I loved Max Payne, Remedy used to be great, but like all devs that join with MS (Rare), they eventually lose relevancy. One of the best devs out there? I want what you are smoking. They aren't even in the top 20.

I can't believe you can actually come out and say the controller is superior. Have you had both in your hands? It's obviously subjective. Jesus lems get it together!

Yes it does trounce the PS4 on an OS level. Mainly because MS is dedicating 3.5GB to the OS. I remember reading sony are dedicating 3GB to the OS. Which means ps4 devs have an extra 0.5gb than x1 devs for gaming purposes. On top of the 5GBB GDDR5. Thank you based sony!

Certain bottlenecks? What bottlenecks? Let's face it, the moment PS+ started giving away AAA games with the subscription the XBL became redundant. Azure, cloud blah blah blah. If the X1 version of a multiplat is getting dedicated servers so will the ps4 version. See COD Ghosts... For

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@YD_11 said:

PS4 is cheaper, true enough. But it is still $400 for a video games console or $500 for a video games console that does so much more (plus kinect camera))

I've been seeing this quite often the past few months. I'm aware that it has HDMI-in and integrates with sports for Fantasy Leagues--but what else can it do that the PS4 can't do? Genuinely interested to know if I'm missing out on some features.

Edit: Left out Snap feature.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@adders99 said:

I prefer the games on the X1

I prefer the xbox controller

I am ok with that...

Pretty much this...

No shade on the PS4, but yeah.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

@Netret0120: Xbox One has better games, better graphics and dozens of more features. next!

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Netret0120

The people that prefer X1 games and controller, does that mean you won't purchase a ps4 down the line and are happy with just the X1?

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

With the next-gen consoles about to be released, the inevitable comparisons have begun.

1. PS4 is cheaper than the X1

2. PS4 is more powerful than the X1

3. PS4 will have better multiplats

4. PS4 has more games in development than the x1

5. PS4 has Santa Monica studios and Naughty Dog (That is a major factor no matter how you spin it)

6. PS4 has a better controller

7. Past trends indicate that Sony will support the PS4 for a longer period of time than the X1( GT 6 is coming out on the PS3) and have better and new exclusives

8. Xbox one has XBL which you can argue is better because it has been a paid service from the beginning. PSN was pretty decent despite its problems but since it was free, how can you complain?

Now that PSN is paid for and Sony confirming it will be vastly improved, you can expect in a few years for them to be pretty even.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-28-sony-vows-to-improve-psn-for-ps4-following-gta5-issues

1. Cheaper, but doesn't include a camera and is missing alot of the features that the XB1 has

2. Sure, but how well it's applied over the generation is another thing. BF4 has higher resolution yet looks worse on the PS4.

3. Not BF4 judging by what we've seen so far

4. Yeah, most of them will get delayed and pushed back to 2015-2016 or even canceled all together. How long were cows waiting for Last Guardian again? The difference is MS doesn't announced their games years in advance like Sony does.

5. If there gonna make more games like GOW Ascension and Last of Us you can have it.

6. Uglier controller with gimmicky screen on it. Total preference. No way you can get an objective decision on what controller is better

7. Past trends will also show that most of Sony's lineup will get delayed and pushed back. You're right about one thing, they'll support their system longer, but it's not like there's going to be alot of games for the PS4 when (if) the PS5 comes out, right now I'm only holding onto to my PS3 for Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Symphonia HD and KH 2.5 After that it's over

8. XBL is better because Microsoft can do software and networking, Sony can't. Sony can have all the money in the world and their online infrastructure, UI and software integration will still be utter shit. They simply cannot do networking right. Even the UI on the PS3 is abysmal.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

X1 is better value

X1 has better controller

X1 has Kinect

For the lolz...

Weaker hardware and forced inclusion of features and hardware that people don't want =/= Value

Yet not a single one has a review up, let alone AAA.

Subjective

Subjective, and only for some games

You really want to post that as a reason?

Because I could never do that before. (lol)

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

@withe1982 said:

Can't really argue with your 6 main points although the 6th is subjective.

Personally I've never really got the whole "live is better than PSN" arguments. I've played on both (admittedly on PSN much more than Live) and I'm still at a loss as to why one is better than the other. Both enable me to play online games and I've never has much bother doing so on either. Could someone shed any light as to why one is regarded as vastly superior than the other.

I've played on both and it's fuckin bs. OP is a fakeboy.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

PS4 is cheaper than the X1

PS4 is more powerful than the X1

PS4 will have better multiplats

PS4 has more games in development than the x1

PS4 has Santa Monica studios and Naughty Dog (That is a major factor no matter how you spin it)

PS4 has a better controller

Past trends indicate that Sony will support the PS4 for a longer period of time than the X1( GT 6 is coming out on the PS3) and have better and new exclusives

Xbox one has XBL which you can argue is better because it has been a paid service from the beginning. PSN was pretty decent despite its problems but since it was free, how can you complain?

Exclusives.

Eventually the XB1 price will drop and be the same as the PS3 with Kinect still included.

PS4 is still more powerful on paper, but we will have to see what M$ did with the final devkit they sent to developers.

PS4 has better multiplats for now. What the future holds is still debatable. Even the PS3 multiplats improved over time, when the XBox 360 versions were far superior.

PS4 does have more games in development, but it doesn't mean they will all be released immediately. Sony always have more games in development and then many get delayed, cancelled or take 2-3 years to be released.

Naughty Dog is Sony's ace. They really have done no wrong except with maybe with UC3.

PS4 controller is better then the DS3, but it's still debatable if it's as good as the XBox One controller.

We don't know how well Sony or Microsoft will support these systems. It's different every generation. There are no guarantees.

XBox One has XBL and Kinect, which the PS4 doesn't have. Sony has said they will improve their PSN, but we haven't seen any proof yet. XB1 has over 300K dedicated servers that Indie developers can use for FREE. Can Sony provide that? Nope. We have to wait and see if Sony makes improvements. Gaikai is still a ways away and we don't know how good that will be either.

XB1 will still have a bulk of exclusive that can only be played on XB1. That's the reasons we buy game consoles if for games.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Don't worry. I already covered all of this in my thread. Lemmings have nothing. They're blind and delusional but you gotta' give it to them. They're faithful. Ever since they defended Microsoft's DRM and internet requirement even before Microsoft took it all back, I just knew there wasn't anything left to be said to lemmings

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Xbone has 720p, AA batteries, ads, Kinect and TV.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

The people that prefer X1 games and controller, does that mean you won't purchase a ps4 down the line and are happy with just the X1?

I can't speak for lems, but I'm getting them both. It's moreso for the games then the specs, graphics or power of the hardware. the PS4 and XB1 are going to have some kick-*** games this generation. Will probably get multiplats on PS4 this generation, especially now that their controller has been improved. It's definitely better then the DS3. No question about that.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

I just knew there wasn't anything left to be said to lemmings

But you still keep posting about them. Why is that?

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@blackace:

Do you really think the the Xbone's price will drop $100 before the PS4 even gets a single price drop? I honestly don't foresee the Bone being $399 until Q4 2014, probably much later..

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@withe1982:

Unless the 6th is accurate since the DS4 comes rechargable and the X1's controller takes AA batteries or you must purchase a charge and play kit seperately.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@RR360DD:

I wonder why Xbots defended MS's BS DRM, mandatory kinect to spy, no renting games, and used game fees? Then MS didn't go through with it since it was all very obviously wrong. So the fact that Xbots defended something that was shown to be wrong proves that everything they stand for is wrong and MS is wrong. This means Sony is right and is the best console maker and they have proven it and are winners.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

1. I don't see PSN ever matching Xbox Live, especially not anytime this generation. PSN has always and continues to just copy the things that Xbox Live brought to the table many years before. PSN on the PS3 was about as good as Xbox Live was on the original Xbox. If we are lucky, PSN on the PS4 will hopefully be as good as Xbox Live was on the 360, but while Sony is still trying to catch up to how good Xbox Live on the 360 was, Xbox Live on the Xbox One is raising the bar even higher.

2. While the PS4 controller definitely looks like a huge improvement over the piece of crap PS3 controller, I still don't like the placement of the analog stick. Because of the analog stick placement, I still strongly believe that I will prefer the Xbox One controller.

3. Xbox One has a far better OS.

4. While Xbox One is more expensive, it offers more value. You not only get a video game machine, but you also get Smart TV features without having to buy an expensive new Smart TV.

5. Xbox One has Kinect which has a lot of potential. I expect to see some creative developers use Kinect in some really cool ways this generation and I'm looking forward to it.

6. There are more factors to determining which multiplat is better than just graphics. I consider better online play to be more important than slightly better graphics which is why I will definitely be buying any multiplat game that has a multiplayer mode on my Xbox One. Being able to suspend and resume my game instantly, snap an app up next to my game, get quicker DLC, and use my favorite controller are other reasons that I will probably buy most multiplats on my Xbox One.

@Netret0120 said:

I will definitely eventually purchase a PS4 as well. I'm not blinded by fanboyism, so I know that all of the consoles have something great to offer and I don't want to miss out on anything. I know that Sony always releases really awesome first party games, so as soon as God of War 4 or the next Naughty Dog game is released, I'll be buying a PS4 to go along with my Wii U and Xbox One.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

every video and music app is stuck behind live gold!

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@YD_11 said:

PS4 is cheaper, true enough. But it is still £248.66 for a video games console or £310.83 for a video games console that does so much more (plus kinect camera)

PS4 has the better specs true.

Better looking multiplats or better overall? That's to be determined as we currently hear about frame rate issues on ps4 plus multiplayer experience will likely be better on X1 (more on this later)

More games but pretty much due to Indie games... so yeah. More exclusive big titles are on X1 at the moment. X1 will likely get Windows 8 games soon if the rumors are true which will increase library plus the indie support from MS keeps on improving (free Unity anyone?)

Santa Monica and Naughty Dog.. true.

The 360 controller was the best alst gen, no reason to think it wont continue. Plus it now has rumble triggers and dynamic rumble effects

In the past but no one can see the future

XBL will continue to be better than PSN at least for one more generation. Sony can't compete with things like the Azure infrastructure and 300,000 plus dedicated servers for any dev to use. No lobby's needed to wait for online matches, adaptive AI, suspend and resume instantly... Plus you can still party chat and now part video chat with skype (while multitasking mind you). This is also why the multiplat argument may not hold up as these features become more and more utilized.

Great non fanboy post