Wow, a lot of these Sony fanboys must be insecure

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MayorJohnny
Member since 2003 • 7838 Posts

Let me make this clear: I'm not a fanboy. I'm a loyal Nintendo fan at heart. I have a PSone and a PS2. Now, I'm going to buy an Xbox 360 soon.

I know that this is System Wars, so I won't get too frustrated because a lot of this recent rhetoric is expected. However, I've become a little annoyed by the recent onslaughts of the PS3 fanboys, or "Cows." The recent provocation of the PS3 fanboys has stirred up a lot of bickering with Microsoft fans or fanboys. Whilst, as usual, the Nintendo fans calmly watch without much interruption (at least as I've noticed lately).

I think that the recent bashing of Microsoft and the Xbox 360 is like a new trend, mostly encouraged by the fanboys. The PlayStation 3 sells more units than the Xbox 360 for one month - the first month of the year - and there's threads of splendor about the victories of the PS3 and how "teh 360 is going downhill!" Then you have the entire format wars, and all of the constant fanboyism surrounding that. It's getting old, so I might have to stop coming to System Wars until the water settles.:P

Anyway, some of you should chill out, espcially the PS3 fans. It makes it seem like your insecure because after only one month you champion the success of the PS3 and the consolidation of the Blu-Ray format. It also makes you seem like you're desperate to make people respect the PS3 after it's been losing to Wii and Xbox 360 in sales most of the time since its Launch.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
What comes around goes around.
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts

The thing is that despite that 2007 was the best year for the Xbox brand and at the same time the worst for PS (in theory) the PS3 still manged to outsell the 360.

Another factor is that the 360 has been in steady decline since 2007 and peaked with Halo3.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
If this is just the beginning for the PS3 then the lemmings will be getting it so bad, all the crap that the cows recieved over the past year will be returned.
Cute_Red_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cute_Red_Panda
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts
Stop crying... Fans claiming "just wait", "no AAAE", and "GBA > PS3 in sales" and now tides turn you complain? Please, if you can't take the heat...
Udsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Udsen
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts
First off, just because you prolong your paragraphs by stating correct terminology doesn't make this thread sound any more intelligent. Secondly, Cows have gone through over a year of constant bashing. I'm not a cow, but really, you couldn't go into one thread without the $599 paperweight, Blu-ray player, no AAAE' bashing being present.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

You are aware that the PS3 has been bashed every single day since it was first officially mentioned two years ago, right? The price, the first Demos, the use of BR, the lack of rumble, having non-replaceable batteries in the controllers, PS3 costs $800 to $1000 to make, losing exclusives, developers complaining, changing skus, two HDMI ports, 4d, Killzone 2, no games, game sales suck, Sony lies, Sony is dead, etc.

Now that the PS3 has good news for a change, and the cows are having a moment in the sun...they must be insecure for bashing the 360?

What does that say about all the previous people bashing Sony in the first place?

I don't think you thought your little theory through to well.

CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts

What comes around goes around. Darthmatt

Yep. The PS3 supporters have been taking it since late 2006, so I say it is about time they dish it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

"GBA > PS3 in sells" Cute_Red_Panda
sALEs

Anyway, that was a hilarious time. When the GBA outsold the PS3 for consecutive months.

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts

You are aware that the PS3 has been bashed every single day since it was first officially mentioned two years ago, right? The price, the first Demos, the use of BR, the lack of rumble, having non-replaceable batteries in the controllers, PS3 costs $800 to $1000 to make, losing exclusives, developers complaining, changing skus, two HDMI ports, 4d, Killzone 2, no games, game sales suck, Sony lies, Sony is dead, etc.

Now that the PS3 has good news for a change, and the cows are having a moment in the sun...they must be insecure for bashing the 360?

What does that say about all the previous people bashing Sony in the first place?

ZIMdoom

you realize how much more crap lemmings took from cows before that, tight?

MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MayorJohnny

Stop crying... Fans claiming "just wait", "no AAAE", and "GBA > PS3 in sells" and now tides turn you complain? Please, if you can't take the heat...Cute_Red_Panda

Uh, I'm not a fanboy.

The PS2 consistently sold more units than the original Xbox. You can't tell me that the poor Sony fans have been in the trenches for a long time.

Also, you talk about the tides turning. So, you want to repay fanboyism with MORE fanboysim? Hah, that's logical.

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
Ever Heard of Karma?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
you realize how much more crap lemmings took from cows before that, tight?shoeman12
Nintendo fans took a bit of crap from cows too, I believe.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

shoeman12

So they dished it out on cows, well guess the cows get to dish it right back.

Rifle76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rifle76
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts

The thing is that despite that 2007 was the best year for the Xbox brand and at the same time the worst for PS (in theory) the PS3 still manged to outsell the 360.

Another factor is that the 360 has been in steady decline since 2007 and peaked with Halo3.

fierro316

Hey do you have a Link for the sales totals for each system I cant find it for the life of me.

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts

[QUOTE="Cute_Red_Panda"]Stop crying... Fans claiming "just wait", "no AAAE", and "GBA > PS3 in sells" and now tides turn you complain? Please, if you can't take the heat...MayorJohnny

Uh, I'm not a fanboy.

The PS2 consistently sold more units than the original Xbox. You can't tell me that the poor Sony fans have been in the trenches for a long time.

Also, you talk about the tides turning. So, you want to repay fanboyism with MORE fanboysim? Hah, that's logical.

yeah i picked that up too i was going to humor him but ehh why make both of us look bad?
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shoeman12

[QUOTE="shoeman12"]you realize how much more crap lemmings took from cows before that, tight?Jandurin
Nintendo fans took a bit of crap from cows too, I believe.

you're right, everyone took a lot of crap from cows. lemmings probably got the worst of it though since the 360 launched a year ahead of the other systems.

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

Let me make this clear: I'm not a fanboy. I'm a loyal Nintendo fan at heart. I have a PSone and a PS2. Now, I'm going to buy an Xbox 360 soon.

I know that this is System Wars, so I won't get too frustrated because a lot of this recent rhetoric is expected. However, I've become a little annoyed by the recent onslaughts of the PS3 fanboys, or "Cows." The recent provocation of the PS3 fanboys has stirred up a lot of bickering with Microsoft fans or fanboys. Whilst, as usual, the Nintendo fans calmly watch without much interruption (at least as I've noticed lately).

I think that the recent bashing of Microsoft and the Xbox 360 is like a new trend, mostly encouraged by the fanboys. The PlayStation 3 sells more units than the Xbox 360 for one month - the first month of the year - and there's threads of splendor about the victories of the PS3 and how "teh 360 is going downhill!" Then you have the entire format wars, and all of the constant fanboyism surrounding that. It's getting old, so I might have to stop coming to System Wars until the water settles.:P

Anyway, some of you should chill out, espcially the PS3 fans. It makes it seem like your insecure because after only one month you champion the success of the PS3 and the consolidation of the Blu-Ray format. It also makes you seem like you're desperate to make people respect the PS3 after it's been losing to Wii and Xbox 360 in sales most of the time since its Launch.

MayorJohnny

and i always thought that ps3 was picked on the most. some people just cant handle some increased bashing for a while. you obviously forget what it was like when ps3 was managing 86,000 units in a month. then we'll talk about flaming

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shoeman12
[QUOTE="shoeman12"][QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

Ragnarok1051

then the lemmings will dish it then the cows then the lemmings again and on and on in a never ending circle.

Tuvola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tuvola
Member since 2008 • 119 Posts

ZIMdoom

excellent post

Cute_Red_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cute_Red_Panda

[QUOTE="Cute_Red_Panda"]Stop crying... Fans claiming "just wait", "no AAAE", and "GBA > PS3 in sells" and now tides turn you complain? Please, if you can't take the heat...MayorJohnny

Uh, I'm not a fanboy.

Didn't call you a fanboy. Also, I don't participate in the fanboy drivel, meaning, I don't call them out like you are doing. Obviously, you have pity for 360 users and think PS3 are a bunch of bullies.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

fierro316

um, no.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I think its just another false sense of hope for cows because once things settles down, the competitition the 360 and Wii, will continue to dominate while the PS3 continues to still be dead last in this gaming gen.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ragnarok1051
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"][QUOTE="shoeman12"][QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

shoeman12

then the lemmings will dish it then the cows then the lemmings again and on and on in a never ending circle.

Thats what system wars is. :|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5dd711115e664
[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

shoeman12

What's your point? Your response has nothing to do with anything I said and in no way addressing the issue being discussed. This isn't about who started it, because that is chicken and the egg. That is the natural cycle of SW.

The POINT is that the TC sees cows finally getting some good news after two years of contantly being beat down, and acts like cows are insecure and being mean bashing the 360.

I stand by my question, if bashing means insecurity, then why does it only apply to cows and not all fanboy groups equally?

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

I think its just another false sense of hope for cows because once things settles down, the competitition the 360 and Wii, will continue to dominate while the PS3 continues to still be dead last in this gaming gen.

ReverseCycology

What exactly does the 360 have to dominate with this year?

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts

ZIMdoom

What's your point? Your response has nothing to do with anything I said and in no way addressing the issue being discussed. This isn't about who started it, because that is chicken and the egg. That is the natural cycle of SW.

The POINT is that the TC sees cows finally getting some good news after two years of contantly being beat down, and acts like cows are insecure and being mean bashing the 360.

I stand by my question, if bashing means insecurity, then why does it only apply to cows and not all fanboy groups equally?

Because the TC is a fanboy. He might say he isn't, but we all know he is.
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

Nintendo gamers stay back and watch because they have everything they want in their console. That's their style of gaming and no one has the right to judge what they play. PS3 gamers and 360 gamers have some issues to solve. Of course this is system wars so bash some1 or get bashed.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

-Renegade

Just wait.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

MayorJohnny

Here is something you have to realize about SW, excuses and fanboys are plentiful. Now that we got that out of the way Sony fans have had to deal with MS fans bashing the PS3s sales all year, and god forbid the word "worldwide" comes up because then you get the lovely "Japan doesnt matter, Europeans play PC, NA is the most important".

Then Sony and MS announce their numbers and turns out all those PS3 bashing threads were wrong and the PS3 outsold the 360 while being priced at 599-499 for most of the year AND the 360 having its "dominating lineup" of Bioshock, ME and Halo3. But of course then you heard the excuse that only NA matters.

Now we see the PS3s sales rise significantly then its average of 150k to its january sales of 270k and the 360s sales are 40k less and your SURPRISED that Sony fans are ranting and raving??

I agree nobody should discount another console based off the few numbers we have, especially NPD, because that didnt help MS fans last year but the truth is MS fanboys kind of asked for this.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clone01
[QUOTE="-Renegade"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

Just wait.

i'm not a fanboy, and that is still funny. much more original than "teh RROD," at any rate.

MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MayorJohnny

ZIMdoom

It applies to all fanboys. Lemmings, Cows, Sheep, and Hermits.

The Sony fanboys shouldn't feel to upset. The PS2 is still a juggernaut.

Actually, though, Nintendo fans have had it the worst. Specifically in the GameCube days.

Cute_Red_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cute_Red_Panda
[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"][QUOTE="shoeman12"][QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

MayorJohnny

It applies to all fanboys. Lemmings, Cows, Sheep, and Hermits.

The Sony fanboys shouldn't feel to upset. The PS2 is still a juggernaut.

Actually, though, Nintendo fans have had it the worst. Specifically in the GameCube days.

If it applies to all fanboys, why are you single out Sony fanboys?

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fierro316
[QUOTE="fierro316"]

clone01

um, no.

In 2007 the 360 sold worse than in 2006 and in 2007 it was outsold ww by the PS3 despite all the media BS.

MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MayorJohnny
[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"][QUOTE="shoeman12"][QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

DireToad

Because the TC is a fanboy. He might say he isn't, but we all know he is.

Whetever. I don't owe you teh effort of proving otherwise.

I will say this: I sold my original Xbox three years ago and then bought a slimline PS2. It's all about the games.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

If this is just the beginning for the PS3 then the lemmings will be getting it so bad, all the crap that the cows recieved over the past year will be returned.Ragnarok1051

You do realise that lemmings got crap for four years or whatever when the PS2 was the leader and that that is the exact reason why lemmings are giving cows crap, correct? What comes around, goes around. The PS3 has been third for over a year now.

Rifle76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Rifle76
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="fierro316"]

fierro316

um, no.

In 2007 the 360 sold worse than in 2006 and in 2007 it was outsold ww by the PS3 despite all the media BS.

Link?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

MayorJohnny

I get your point but..

Werent the lemmings and some sheeps that said same or even worst bashing things about PS3 for a whole year? Didnt Cows heard so many "bad" things about their favorite console already? About price-games-bad sales-crappy blu-ray etc etc!!? So why didnt you leave SW back then and you doin it now? Because you were X360 fan and you didnt mind if ppl were bashing PS3 hard for so long. Thats what i think.

And yes,if you ask me, considering the lack of titles,the "still" expensive price of PS3,not even 1 "BIG" well-known title out yet (MGS-FF-Tekken etc etc) and PS3 doin nice. Not great,but not bad at all. So let cows be happy,and now its their turn to say things to lemmings because for a year or more,they were bashed so hard.

Thats why i say all the time,dont hurry to say things to bash a console.. This gen-war has more than 3-4 to finish. Noone can say anything yet. Lemmings bashed too much already,even if they had right.Now its the turn of Cows. But the true winner will be the one with the better games / sales in the end of this generation.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]If this is just the beginning for the PS3 then the lemmings will be getting it so bad, all the crap that the cows recieved over the past year will be returned.Hexagon_777

You do realise that lemmings got crap for four years or whatever when the PS2 was the leader and that that is the exact reason why lemmings are giving cows crap, correct? What comes around, goes around. The PS3 has been third for over a year now.

What comes around goes around is what I told lemmings and did that stop them from being as arrogant as they were? No it didn't and now they will have to take the heat. What comes around goes around.

fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fierro316

Link?

Rifle76

Just look in GS news archives.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

people forget that it was the cows that cast the first stone. doesn't anybody remember last gen?

cows have 1 good month and they go crazy. they must have a short memory cause none of them remember the pathetic sales they had in the US for the last holiday season.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Hexagon_777

First off, just because you prolong your paragraphs by stating correct terminology doesn't make this thread sound any more intelligent. Secondly, Cows have gone through over a year of constant bashing. I'm not a cow, but really, you couldn't go into one thread without the $599 paperweight, Blu-ray player, no AAAE' bashing being present.Udsen

Guess why that's so. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5dd711115e664

people forget that it was the cows that cast the first stone. doesn't anybody remember last gen?

cows have 1 good month and they go crazy. they must have a short memory cause none of them remember the pathetic sales they had in the US for the last holiday season.

ogvampire

Oh please. One could easily make the arguement that lemmings are just angry SEGA fanboys, and SEGA fanboys bashed the PS1 and especialy the PS2.

And "pathetic" sales last holiday season? Is that why the PS3 outsold the 360 world wide last year?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ZIMdoom

Oh please. One could easily make the arguement that lemmings are just angry SEGA fanboys, and SEGA fanboys bashed the PS1 and especialy the PS2.

Oh noes! A hedgehog conspiracy!
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="Udsen"]First off, just because you prolong your paragraphs by stating correct terminology doesn't make this thread sound any more intelligent. Secondly, Cows have gone through over a year of constant bashing. I'm not a cow, but really, you couldn't go into one thread without the $599 paperweight, Blu-ray player, no AAAE' bashing being present.Hexagon_777

Guess why that's so. ;)

It does not matter, lemmings bashed the cows for over a year and now they want payback. Its the way system wars is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5dd711115e664
[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

Jandurin

Oh noes! A hedgehog conspiracy!

Lol. My point is simply that cows are now bashing 360 because they bashed the PS3 because they bashed the Xbox because they bashed the PS2 because Sega fanboys bashed Sony and Nintendo and Nintendo fanboys bashed Sega and Sony fanboys...and on and on until you have Pong fanboys bashing Atari 2600 fanboys who bashed Intellivision.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hexagon_777
[QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]

ski11buzz

and i always thought that ps3 was picked on the most. some people just cant handle some increased bashing for a while. you obviously forget what it was like when ps3 was managing 86,000 units in a month. then we'll talk about flaming

The Wii actually got the most bashing I believe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

The Wii actually got the most bashing I believe. Hexagon_777
It was fun defending the Wii.

Now everyone either accepts it or hates it, but they keep quiet mostly. Mainly because it's an unstoppable juggernaut I guess.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="fierro316"]

fierro316

um, no.

link? also, if my memory serves, the PS3 outsold the 360 for 1 month. and its not media BS, the PS3 still lacks the depth of titles of the 360. oh, and don't use VG chartz.

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
[QUOTE="ski11buzz"][QUOTE="MayorJohnny"]

Hexagon_777

The Wii actually got the most bashing I believe.

Hell no.