Would you prefer "Steam" Box or a Steam "App" on your Xbox One/Ps4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by High-Res (273 posts) 3 months, 11 days ago

Poll: Would you prefer "Steam" Box or a Steam "App" on your Xbox One/Ps4? (11 votes)

Hell no, Consoles suck - I would rather buy a Steam Box from Alienware or someone like that for $300-$500.00 9%
Hell yes, I would completely prefer to access Steam via an App on my Ps4/XBOX One. 36%
You all suck, PC is god! I would never consider using anything other than a REAL PC! 55%
#1 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

That is never going to be allowed by Sony or M$

#2 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16440 posts) -

A steam app is never going to happen

#3 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4710 posts) -

It would be nice if PS4 was an upgradable PC. Which it isn't. Any way, most worth while games on Steam are multiplats anyway.

#4 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2960 posts) -

An app that would allow me to play My PC games at medium settings on the consoles? Eh, I'll pass. I can walk the 30ft between my PC and consoles if I want to switch.

#5 Edited by BldgIrsh (2185 posts) -

You need to have 500 posts. This was said last time. And a steam app? Lololol.

#6 Posted by melonfarmerz (1143 posts) -

A Steam app wouldn't make any sense. First, there's Sony and MS wanting to keep their monopoly on their own consoles. Then, there's the fact that Steam boxes run Linux based games, they're made for PC and wouldn't run on a console. Also, the hardware's too weak and restricting everyone to the same hardware undermines the whole concept of PC gaming...

#7 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2960 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

You need to have 500 posts. This was said last time. And a steam app? Lololol.

TC is only 246 locked threads away from being legal!

#8 Edited by enzyme36 (1511 posts) -

I want that Steamboy

#9 Posted by BldgIrsh (2185 posts) -

@melonfarmerz: Hardware being too weak doesn't really disqualify the idea. But, yes the whole point of the steam box is to introduce steam/PC to the consolites. A steam app on the consoles would just be a DoA for the steam box.

#10 Posted by lostrib (35766 posts) -

Wth would be the point of a steam app on consoles?

#11 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

Locked.

#12 Posted by blackace (20550 posts) -

@sam890 said:

That is never going to be allowed by Sony or M$

If they get a cut of the profits, it will. Some form of Windows 8 (and 9 most likely) will be on XB1 eventually. Those games will all be compatible.