Would you like to see Nintendo make a first person shooter?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Even though Nintendo as a publisher was a pioneer of console FPS's, first with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and then with the Metroid Prime trilogy of games (please don't let this thread degenerate into a 'Metroid Prime isn't an FPS' discussion), they themselves have never actually quite made an FPS.

With many top Nintendo execs, including Miyamoto, expressing interest in the idea, and with Nintendo shooters, including this year's Kid Icarus: Uprising, having generally seen great success, the idea isn't completely alien.

So, my question to you all is, would you like to see a core Nintendo team develop an FPS?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

I would like a new Metroid more in line with the first 2 Prime games. Nintendo or Retro or someone needs to get on that. Less Metroid Prime 3 that was underwhelming.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Nein
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

Goldeneye... Good old days..

To answer your question, sure. Variety is always good.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

No. It'd just be a Mario game anyway.

Avatar image for slothboyadvance
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 slothboyadvance
Member since 2003 • 12596 Posts

I would love to see Miyamoto's idea of a first person shooter. I can't even begin to conceive what that would look like, but the idea of it definitely arouses my interest.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I would like Nintendo to make a sequel to Geist (it could've been good on the Wii and it will also be good on the Wii U)

I would also like a first person medieval war game. Swords, Halberds, Axes, Maces, Crossbows, Longbows, Canons, and early guns because it would be great to have it multiplayer.

The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

Indeed I would... but only if it does warefare in modern times. Plus, it should have sex scenes, profanity for no reason, and bright colours, like bright brown. It would be a massive hit that would be a sysem seller.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

No. It would probably flop on it's face pretty hard. They should just stick to doing what they do well, gimmicks.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
I think it's time for a change in career for Nintendo. Making games clearly isn't for them. Maybe they should just concentrate on making toys or something? Or how about starting up a bank? They're obviously great with money (it prints money gif).
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#11 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Yes, it could be called "The Mushroom Revolution" You play as Toad who get's tired of putting up with the crap of serving a spoiled b!tch princess who sits on her ass all day and runs a dictatorship. You get a bunch of flower power guns and just run throughout the world killing everyone in site, you team up with Goombas and all the other groups who have been stepped on (both literally and figuratively) and take your revenge!

Eventually Mario, who is resistant to your cause at first, changes his mind and joins you when he realises that for all the times he saved Peach, she never once let him get lucky with her. All he got was a damn kiss. Tired of this sh!t, he doesn't even care if Bowser kidnaps her again, he just let's it happen and he goes on to Hyrule to try and take Links Girlfriend Zelda, who also gives Link no action either.

That will be the sequel, Mario FPS in Hyrule. You should present this idea to Miyamoto or Reggie Charizard, they'll listen to you. They rejected all my other ideas. Guess they didn't like my idea of making a Poke'mon GTA style game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Guess they didn't like my idea of making a Poke'mon GTA style game.

ShadowMoses900
In all seriousness, this would be f*cking awesome.
captainqwark20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 captainqwark20
Member since 2012 • 1221 Posts

Even though Nintendo as a publisher was a pioneer of console FPS's, first with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and then with the Metroid Prime trilogy of games (please don't let this thread degenerate into a 'Metroid Prime isn't an FPS' discussion), they themselves have never actually quite made an FPS.

With many top Nintendo execs, including Miyamoto, expressing interest in the idea, and with Nintendo shooters, including this year's Kid Icarus: Uprising, having generally seen great success, the idea isn't completely alien.

So, my question to you all is, would you like to see a core Nintendo team develop an FPS?

charizard1605
LORD ZARD HAS BROUGHT VARIETY TO SYSTEM WARS. Although the answer is no until they get out of their "let the game play for you" phase.
slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slothboyadvance

Indeed I would... but only if it does warefare in modern times. Plus, it should have sex scenes, profanity for no reason, and bright colours, like bright brown. It would be a massive hit that would be a sysem seller.

The__Kraken

YES!

"This war is making me so f****** wet, sir!"

"Looks like I'm gonna have to put down my pistol and get out my gun."

*Bow chicka wow wow*

Presented by Nintendo

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Meh.. the market is already flooded with "me too" FPS's.. Not sure if a Ninty created one would make much of a splash.

Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

Metroid in the style of Metro? Nah. Leave 'em to others.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Yes, it could be called "The Mushroom Revolution" You play as Toad who get's tired of putting up with the crap of serving a spoiled b!tch princess who sits on her ass all day and runs a dictatorship. You get a bunch of flower power guns and just run throughout the world killing everyone in site, you team up with Goombas and all the other groups who have been stepped on (both literally and figuratively) and take your revenge!

Eventually Mario, who is resistant to your cause at first, changes his mind and joins you when he realises that for all the times he saved Peach, she never once let him get lucky with her. All he got was a damn kiss. Tired of this sh!t, he doesn't even care if Bowser kidnaps her again, he just let's it happen and he goes on to Hyrule to try and take Links Girlfriend Zelda, who also gives Link no action either.

That will be the sequel, Mario FPS in Hyrule. You should present this idea to Miyamoto or Reggie Charizard, they'll listen to you. They rejected all my other ideas. Guess they didn't like my idea of making a Poke'mon GTA style game.

ShadowMoses900

james-and-the-giant-peach-princess-peach

Princess Peach.. being stingy with the Peach. :P

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

if they had a team that really wanted to make one, i wouldnt object. still, one thing i like about nintendo is that theyve stuck with genres even when they werent that popular on consoles. mario and the occasional other nintendo series combined for the last stand of platformers for a few years. they even made the occasional rts which has never really been an abundant genre on consoles. its hard to say fps's are under represented.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
the metroid prime trilogy is made by nintendo themselves :| but sure. they made a nice third person one, from what i hear about kid icarus. i won't reject the idea, but it's not like i'm "OMG CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NINTENDO MAKES AN FPS"
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#20 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Guess they didn't like my idea of making a Poke'mon GTA style game.

charizard1605

In all seriousness, this would be f*cking awesome.

Hell ya it would!

You could play as a Poke'mon Trainer or former member of the Elite Four who has gone rouge and switched to team rocket (or whatever the hell they are called now_ instead and you take your revenge, one Gym Leader at a time. You can deploy Poke'mon like Pikachu to zap bystanders, or deploy a Charizard to fly around the world with and use an Ice Poke'mon to freeze people or put people to sleep with a sleep power attack.

Yep I would buy it, day 1!

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

I don't think Nintendo should, but maybe one of their developers could like Retro Studios.

If by "Nintendo" you mean Nintendo strictly, as I said, no. But one of their studios? Perhaps.

It's kind of weird that I say this, because I still remember that the N64 was were the first person shooters were at back in the day - Goldeneye was as popular as Halo, Turok was major popular, Perfect Dark was incredible, and all the PC ports were on the N64 like Doom and Duke Nukem.

SolidCLOUD_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidCLOUD_
Member since 2012 • 84 Posts
The idea doesn't sound very exciting. If the opportunity should present itself, they will most likely pass it on to another studio since their 1st development team has no experience making FPSes from the ground up. Personally, I'll be surprised if they had someone that can draw blood.
TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Of course

If they did, even people who refuse to give the Wii U a chance will want to buy one to play it.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I'm not against the idea, no. I'd be interested to see what kind of creativity they'd bring ton the genre.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

I could picture them making something similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BZBfHnxOl4&feature=topics

Perhaps they could be 'inspired' by this the same way Sony has been 'inspired' to make PlayStation All-Stars and Little Big Planet Karting.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Only if it breaks all the current trends and has a SMG-level of polish. A remake of Metroid Prime, or spiritual successor to the series (i.e. exploration focused) would be ideal.
Avatar image for Chemical_Viking
Chemical_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chemical_Viking
Member since 2010 • 2145 Posts

They actually might want to do one early on in the Wii U's life to show all the other developers some of the ideas they had when developing the console. Set the standard as it were.

It would be relatively new for Nintendo so they might want to do it in conjunction with a more familiar studio.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

God no, we have a million of those, we don't need another one.

slothboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 slothboyadvance

I could picture them making something similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BZBfHnxOl4&feature=topics

Perhaps they could be 'inspired' by this the same way Sony has been 'inspired' to make PlayStation All-Stars and Little Big Planet Karting.

Stinger78

That actually looks pretty legit.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

That's the last genre I want Nintendo in. There are more than enough great FPS out there already, I'd prefer if Nintendo worked in a non over represented genre.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Well they did produce, and own, Geist. Maybe we could see a sequel wholly developed by Nintendo themselves.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#32 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I would like a Geist 2. One of the most unique FPS out there.

darkdude2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darkdude2k12
Member since 2011 • 874 Posts

charizard1605

Geist was a pretty good FPS by Nintendo. Perhaps something similar wouldn't be bad or a sequel altogether.

The Conduit was a Wii exclusive; does that count?

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Master_ShakeXXX

Only if it breaks all the current trends and has a SMG-level of polish. A remake of Metroid Prime, or spiritual successor to the series (i.e. exploration focused) would be ideal.Zeviander

Nah. Metroid Prime is timeless.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#35 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

What it would look like:

tumblr_m6ah0cDYsp1qenw12o2_500.gif

tumblr_m6ah0cDYsp1qenw12o1_500.gif

3871673_o.gif

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Master_ShakeXXX

I would love to see Miyamoto's idea of a first person shooter. I can't even begin to conceive what that would look like, but the idea of it definitely arouses my interest.

slothboyadvance

Geist is pretty much his idea of a FPS, and it's f*cking cool. It just needed more polish.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

They'd probably need help.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Depends on the concept of the game I guess.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
shooting gallery fps? no exploration type fps like metroid prime? yes
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#40 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
They should just make Metroid Prime 4 and put all the focus on Graphics and Multiplayer so we can have Fakeboys come out of the water and go "Look at dem Graphics!" and Fanboys go "HALOL KILLA!"
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Nah. Metroid Prime is timeless.Master_ShakeXXX
Considering how much it copied almost verbatim from the Super Metroid formula, I'd have to disagree. Echoes is a timeless game because it was Retro's take on Metroid. Prime is just fulfilling an archetype already established nearly a decade earlier. Nothing against Prime (it is my favorite of the series, despite the superiority of it's successors), but it was a safe take in a new perspective for the series, and should be attempted again with more modern technology. The only way to make the game be would be to increase it's technical fidelity. With the U-tablet, they could add significantly more to the scanning and lore aspects, allowing for even greater depth to the interactivity that the player has wroth the game world. The role nature (and water especially) played in the game was grossly underused. Another user here brought up the point of the stark contrast between technology and nature, both in game and gameplay, that I think it could be expanded to the player's world as well, by utilizing motion controls and the Augmented Reality potential of the U-tab.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

No, I'd rather experienced developers do their best at it, and Nintendo stick with ther own type of games. Even if they expand genres, I don't see FPS as a good fit for Nintendo, especially since they are so behind the curve when it comes to multiplayer

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

What it would look like:

tumblr_m6ah0cDYsp1qenw12o2_500.gif

tumblr_m6ah0cDYsp1qenw12o1_500.gif

3871673_o.gif

Slashless

:lol:.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Yes. Starfox.
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

It would be interesting to see them do it. If they anounced one, I would be intrigued.

SolidCLOUD_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidCLOUD_
Member since 2012 • 84 Posts
I find it hard to get excited for that. They will obviously(and wisely) just stick to what they know.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I want an online pvp FPS with no guns.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

Maybe they could revisit geist. That'd be cool

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
I want a first person Mario title. Yes I'm serious. Think about it. It would be awesome.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#50 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts
Do what they did with Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Geist. Leave it to another developer.