Would it be worth it to buy a PS4 if I already have an X1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Twebified

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Twebified
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I will buying an Xbox one for the halo remake but I've been told the PS4's specs are better with games being released at higher quality as compared to the Xbox 1, so I'm curious if it would make sense to buy both and simply restrict myself to playing halo on the X1, or if the difference is negligible and hardly worth owning both consoles for.

Thanks.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Games look and play great on the Xbox One, so don't worry about that. But what you need to ask yourself is if both have exclusives that you want to play.

I have an Xbox One and Wii U and love them both, but am going to be buying a PS4 here pretty soon as well for games like Driveclub, Bloodborne, Rime and No Man's Sky. It's all about the games and that is what should be driving your decision.

sibu_xgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sibu_xgamer
Member since 2014 • 340 Posts

No it isn't. Sell your xbone and buy a PS4. Destiny is better than Halo anyways.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

weird place to ask this question also......

......inb4lock!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

If you want to play PS4 exclusives

Twebified

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Twebified

I think I'd honestly be happy with the xbox one as far as games go, there aren't many exclusives on the PS4 that would make me buy one like I would buy an Xbox for halo. The only thing that worries me is hearing things like tomb raider runs at 60 fps on ps4 compared to 30 on Xbox, and how all PS4 games have and are predicted to have 1080p but xbox games are and will struggle to. But I have no idea how much of a difference that really implies.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@twebified: If you want the PS4 exclusives, sure. The "difference" in performance is overblown.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#8  Edited By ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

@twebified: It is not as huge as the interwebs would have you believe. Look at games like Ryse running at 900p. Seeing that game in person will leave you gobsmacked. Yes, the PS4 is more capable, but the X1 is capable enough to run stunning games as well. My advice? Don't get hung up on all of the fanboy shit and numbers and just buy the systems that have games you want to play.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@twebified said:

I will buying an Xbox one for the halo remake but I've been told the PS4's specs are better with games being released at higher quality as compared to the Xbox 1, so I'm curious if it would make sense to buy both and simply restrict myself to playing halo on the X1, or if the difference is negligible and hardly worth owning both consoles for.

Thanks.

I have Wii U, Xbone, and PS4. As far as owning Xbone and PS4:

Xbone is for exclusives and my PS4 is for exclusives and multiplats since the PS4's performance tops the Xbone. Last gen, the 360 got the majority of multiplats for me, but that's shifted this gen to the PS4 since it's more powerful.

I would buy more PC multiplats, but due to DRM I use it for exclusives.

Regarding ports like TLOU Remastered, Zelda Wind Waker HD, or Master Chief Collection? I'm not buying any of those (at least for over $20), I'm more intrigued for brand new exclusives and games made for these machines like Wonderful 101, Bloodborne, Pikmin 3, Halo 5, Batman Arkham Knight, and Uncharted 4.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@twebified said:

I think I'd honestly be happy with the xbox one as far as games go, there aren't many exclusives on the PS4 that would make me buy one like I would buy an Xbox for halo. The only thing that worries me is hearing things like tomb raider runs at 60 fps on ps4 compared to 30 on Xbox, and how all PS4 games have and are predicted to have 1080p but xbox games are and will struggle to. But I have no idea how much of a difference that really implies.

There you go then. Hold off for now and reconsider in a years time.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

If you honestly want the best performance, you go PC my friend. On consoles, it's small 95% of the times. At the start of the gen it looked much bigger, honestly.

So, unless you want the exclusives, and if you really want to play Halo, go for the xb1. Besides, you can, you know, buy a PS4 latter down the line when it starts building an exclusive library that interests you.

Twebified

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Twebified

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

for me it all comes down to which ceo i think is more handsome, thats how i make all my purchases. now, do u want to give money to this guy

or this guy

the decision is yours friend

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I always get both so I say yes. But it isn't for multiplat performance. Its for the games I cant play on the other. They both get great games, so if you have the time and money of course.

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

@ironcreed:

Slow clap...

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

System War's is the last place where you want to get help.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

Maintain your course since very little separates the two this year and you are leaning one way already for software you are certain you want. They share 90% or more of their library. This may be bad advice but when presented with choice go for your 1st impulse.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

The specs on the PS4 are better. So multiplatform games will most likely play better on the PS4, so far it's held to be true. I would buy the system that has the games you want to play first though. Specs alone doesn't make a system fun to play or memorable, it's the games.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

If the PS4 has games that make it worth it to you to buy it, then yes.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Looks like for this gen you are going to need both.

manny280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 manny280
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

The PS4 does have better specs yes, but for most games it's negligible and devs have been able to achieve 1080p more and more since launch on XB1. Ultimately, the only thing that should sway you into getting a PS4 is whether your interested in the exclusives like you are with the XB1. Buying another $400 system just to play slightly better multi-platform games is a waste.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

don't buy a ps4 yet because all those great looking exclusives aren't even coming out this year anyways. and X1 actually has good exclusives coming out THIS year.....so spend your money on X1 games instead of a ps4 which has no games until 2015.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I wouldn't recommend buying a PS4 just for the small graphics gap which fanboys make into a much bigger deal than it actually is. Unless you are comparing the games side by side then you won't really be able to notice a difference between PS4 and Xbox One games.

I would however also recommend buying a PS4 for it's exclusives so you don't have to miss out on any great games. Though you can probably wait until 2015 since PS4's great exclusives don't start coming out until then.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I did

As long as the system has the games to justify the purchase

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Up to you but If you really need your pew pew Halo fix than get yourself an Xbone. Me? I'm getting too old to play every generic brodude shooter that comes out. That's why I prefer PS4 it has a wider variety of more sophisticated games that I like, but If I ever do feel the need to play a shooter I can play the superior versions of Destiny, CoD or Battlefield.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

PS4 you get exclusives and good multiplats if any of those interest you, then get a PS4. Nothing wrong with owning all consoles, but there is no point in owning one if the exclusives dont interest you.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No reason to get both right now. Not enough exclusives to support owning them both plus having to pay two online subscriptions.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@twebified said:

Thanks.

I wouldn't ask this question on here... do your own research and decide for yourself.