With all this Fallout 3 DLC, has Bethesda forgot what people really want?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts

It's called Elder Scrolls V. (hope it's not an MMo- PLEASE)

I played all the previous Fallout DLC and everytime i go to play them, i think, they put all this time into this, when most people think it's nice to play, but would rather the time and effort go to ESV. Where the heck is it and why have we not seen anything about it?

Dont you agree?

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
I want them to take there time, so its not like Oblivion.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
I want them to take there time, so its not like Oblivion. SAGE_OF_FIRE
I loved Oblivion, punk. :P
Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
I didn't like Fallout 3 but loved Oblivion. I hope they don't take out level scaling etc... I saw a rumor posted a long while ago that it might be coming Winter 2010 hopefully that's the case.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of Fallout 3. I mean, it's not the worst game ever, but so much time and effort to make the drabbest, dreariest, most depressing game I ever played is quite galling, when I consider the fantasic and colourful stuff they could been creating for a new Elder Scrolls.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
i want my daggerfall on psn/wiiware/xbla damn it
Tht1Guy7780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Tht1Guy7780
Member since 2009 • 1277 Posts

fallout 3>oblivion

Honestly I lost interest after the 5th door i had to close. Worst mission ever. EVER! Close 10 gates so we can close a big gate. get to it!

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of Fallout 3. I mean, it's not the worst game ever, but so much time and effort to make the drabbest, dreariest, most depressing game I ever played is quite galling, when I consider the fantasic and colourful stuff they could been creating for a new Elder Scrolls. locopatho
I'm sorry a post-apocalyptic world doesn't look more like Zelda :P I loved FO3 and thanks beth for the continued support!
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kokuro_Kun
Because it wasn't like Morrowind? Too many of my friends say that when we talk about it and honestly i think its better 10 fold. Everything about it expect maybe divers citys. most look a lot a like. I'm hoping to see it by the end of next year or early 11 at latest. It's been plenty long.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
There's no way for us to know if Betheda is delaying TESV because of the Fallout 3 DLC. Actually, that sounds very unlikely. Besides, the Fallout 3 DLC is sweet.
Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kokuro_Kun

fallout 3>oblivion

Honestly I lost interest after the 5th door i had to close. Worst mission ever. EVER! Close 10 gates so we can close a big gate. get to it!

Tht1Guy7780
Lol i know what your saying, but you know you didn't have to do all that? you could just go to the guy and tell him your ready to get it on. You just wont have as much help :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]I want them to take there time, so its not like Oblivion. Kokuro_Kun
Because it wasn't like Morrowind? Too many of my friends say that when we talk about it and honestly i think its better 10 fold. Everything about it expect maybe divers citys. most look a lot a like. I'm hoping to see it by the end of next year or early 11 at latest. It's been plenty long.

Because they took the rpg out of it, and held your hand the way through. here ... http://damicat.googlepages.com/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
I liked fallout 3 a lot more then Oblivion, they added in more choices and more rpg elements...but still felt like they were holding your hand.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of Fallout 3. I mean, it's not the worst game ever, but so much time and effort to make the drabbest, dreariest, most depressing game I ever played is quite galling, when I consider the fantasic and colourful stuff they could been creating for a new Elder Scrolls. blue_hazy_basic
I'm sorry a post-apocalyptic world doesn't look more like Zelda :P I loved FO3 and thanks beth for the continued support!

Didn't have to be a rainbow or anything, but come on, how about a blue sky, a shiny green gun, a red car, a glowing purple monster? Instead everything(ground,sky,water,enemies,guns,buildings,people) was shades of brown and grey... I mean even Gears which everyone mocks for being too grey has bright blue armour on the Gears, glowing yellow imulsion, red gore, bits of greenery here and there, blue skies, white snows, etc. You don't need to be monochrome to have a gritty post apocalyptic world!

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="locopatho"]I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of Fallout 3. I mean, it's not the worst game ever, but so much time and effort to make the drabbest, dreariest, most depressing game I ever played is quite galling, when I consider the fantasic and colourful stuff they could been creating for a new Elder Scrolls. locopatho

Didn't have to be a rainbow or anything, but come on, how about a blue sky, a shiny green gun, a red car, a glowing purple monster? Instead everything(ground,sky,water,enemies,guns,buildings,people) was shades of brown and grey... I mean even Gears which everyone mocks for being too grey has bright blue armour on the Gears, glowing yellow imulsion, red gore, bits of greenery here and there, blue skies, white snows, etc. You don't need to be monochrome to have a gritty post apocalyptic world!

I think u miss the point of a post apocalyptic world.It's mean't to look depressing because it is.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 locopatho

I think u miss the point of a post apocalyptic world.It's mean't to look depressing because it is.

MJPK
Meh I suppose. Just found it distracting and unrealistic that even stuff like the sky which should still be blue, and the supposedly luxurious Tenpenny Tower suites, were all drab and grey like everything else...
MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MJPK

[QUOTE="MJPK"]

locopatho

Meh I suppose. Just found it distracting and unrealistic that even stuff like the sky which should still be blue, and the supposedly luxurious Tenpenny Tower suites, were all drab and grey like everything else...

After a massive nuclear war the ash from it would stay in the sky for many, many years.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
I wish there were more enemy variety in Fallout 3, seems like I'm always killing Super Mutants.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="MJPK"]

MJPK

After a massive nuclear war the ash from it would stay in the sky for many, many years.

It's over 200 years since the war in Fallout though.... Plus you can still see birds and the sun clearly, the sky isn't filled with ash, it's just randomly grey. Meh I'm thinking too much about this!
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

I hope they stop making TES all together because it's garbage. Sent me to sleep. Loved fallout though, bit repetitive but at least it had a better combat system and as 99% of all the quests result in having to kill stuff in both games having an interesting combat system over a bloody awful one it wins.

Tht1Guy7780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tht1Guy7780
Member since 2009 • 1277 Posts

I hope they stop making TES all together because it's garbage. Sent me to sleep. Loved fallout though, bit repetitive but at least it had a better combat system and as 99% of all the quests result in having to kill stuff in both games having an interesting combat system over a bloody awful one it wins.

CreepyBacon

Yeah, I like fallout A LOT more. Ive never really been a fan of sword and magic though. It doesnt really interest me anymore.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Yeah, l'm sure they are delaying everything within their studio solely for the sake of more Fallout 3 DLC....
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
I didn't like Fallout 3 but loved Oblivion. I hope they don't take out level scaling etc... I saw a rumor posted a long while ago that it might be coming Winter 2010 hopefully that's the case.Flamestos
O come on man, at least get farther than escaping the vault. Everyone that seems to hate the game didn't even complete a single mission..
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Yeah, people want Elder Scrolls 5 so badly that not a single thread was made asking why there was lack of info at this year's E3. I just think Oblivion was hated so much on this forum, that most people really don't care. Same goes for Huxley, or as I like to call it, vaporware.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#25 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

TES: V is not something I want to see rushed. TES: IV was a disappointing title to most people who had played the previous games in the series. Many features were dumbed down to appeal to casual/console gamers. I don't want to see that happen again.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

I think that judging by Fallout 3 Bethsoft doesn't really care "what people want" ;)

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts

YES. I loved Oblivion. I got about twice as much playtime from the side quests alone than I do in most games today. Such an epic game.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
I'm glade that Bethesda is release alot of DLC for Falloui 3. Fallout 3 was my game of the year last year. As long as Bethesda keep releasing DLC, I will keep buying it unless its bad.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
it would be great if it had everything oblivion had, but alot more role playing to it
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="Kokuro_Kun"]

I played all the previous Fallout DLC and everytime i go to play them, i think, they put all this time into this, when most people think it's nice to play, but would rather the time and effort go to ESV. Where the heck is it and why have we not seen anything about it?

Dont you agree?

Bethesda forgot what people really want after they produced Daggerfall. All people wanted was for Bethesda to fix Daggerfall, but instead they dumb it down with Morrowind and way, way down with Oblivion.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
[QUOTE="MJPK"]

locopatho

Try the Fellout mod (fixes the weather, the filters, etc. making it appear more realistic). Unless you're playing on 360... [QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"] Because they took the rpg out of it, and held your hand the way through. here ... http://damicat.googlepages.com/

I'm not even going to make the typical "get these mods:" remark...this forum has heard it enough from me. :P The RPG is still there. There's just an action element thrown into the gameplay which does make some aspects of the game more interesting. The action element did streamline the questing (which is one thing I liked more about FO3: choices), but did not limit the ways you could complete the quest, and thus there is still roleplaying involved. The action portion of the game also did away with the horrendous combat and magic system of the previous game, and now Beth needs to take some lessons from Fallout and apply them to the next game when it comes to combat if they want to streamline it like they tried to do in Oblivion (like a polished Deadly Reflex mod). The "action" made other tasks more player-involved. For example, lockpicking is no longer a dull game of chance, but something that a skilled player can find reward in despite the skill system still impeding on their ability to succeed. The same goes for everything in Oblivion really, and to say the Morrowind guilds were "better" based on the quantity of quests would be ignoring the fact they remained incredibly drab in comparison to Oblivion's. The handholding with the questmarkers got irritating at times, and other times I felt it was needed based on the information the journal entries gave. Fast-travel is an arbitrary feature that anyone who wanted the game to feel more like Morrowind disabled or didn't use. The biggest problem with Oblivion was the terrible level scaling system. Not that it's a bad idea, just that it was executed so poorly that it completely destroyed a key element in the gameplay: exploration. There was no reason to explore or try to get stronger other than by powerleveling, and that's the biggest problem I have with the game. Fix that, include more dialogue options for RPing, and tweak the combat/magic system as well as other minor things and the game will be an instant classic in my opinion.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

All this DLC revenue will most likely give them a bigger budget for a better Elder Scrolls later on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
I feel if they had to they could only voice the main quests and important things but add the same amount of dialog found in morrowind through text.
wonderboy63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wonderboy63
Member since 2008 • 720 Posts

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]I want them to take there time, so its not like Oblivion. Stevo_the_gamer
I loved Oblivion, punk. :P

oblivion could have been somuch better

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#35 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Well, look how long it took to make Oblivion. It's not exaclty the kind of game I'd be expecting to see anytime soon. ;) And I'm with you on the MMO part...
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="Kokuro_Kun"]

Dont you agree?

Bethesda forgot what people really want after they produced Daggerfall. All people wanted was for Bethesda to fix Daggerfall, but instead they dumb it down with Morrowind and way, way down with Oblivion.

Exactly. Bethesda need to get back to their roots with the Elder Scrolls franchise, the direction it has been taking the past few years has not been positive.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of Fallout 3. I mean, it's not the worst game ever, but so much time and effort to make the drabbest, dreariest, most depressing game I ever played is quite galling, when I consider the fantasic and colourful stuff they could been creating for a new Elder Scrolls. locopatho
An atomic war is no flower festival dude.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 heretrix

I think that judging by Fallout 3 Bethsoft doesn't really care "what people want" ;)

AdrianWerner

Yeah, everybody hated that game. :|

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Danm_999

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

heretrix

To many fans of the series, it was a major reversion. The ending wasn't very popular either.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#40 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I love the DLC, keep bringing it. Would rather see Fallout 4 than another Oblivion, or even a similar yet new IP.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
To many fans of the series, it was a major reversion. Danm_999
You know this how?
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Danm_999

[QUOTE="Danm_999"]To many fans of the series, it was a major reversion. IronBass
You know this how?

My own feelings, feelings of friends, petitions that circulated the internet during its development, vicious threads here on System Wars, the comparative reception of the announcement of Fallout New Vegas from Obsidian.

I know it's hard to quantify how many people felt this way, but it was a common reaction to Fallout 3 from fans of the series.

Edit: Subrosian did an excellent thread about it about a year ago, which summarises the problems people had with it well.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of Fallout 3. I mean, it's not the worst game ever, but so much time and effort to make the drabbest, dreariest, most depressing game I ever played is quite galling, when I consider the fantasic and colourful stuff they could been creating for a new Elder Scrolls. heretrix

Ha I know, I guess I hoping for something along the lines of Dr Strangelove, where everything is so messed up and horrific it actually turns out insanely hilarious.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]To many fans of the series, it was a major reversion. Danm_999

You know this how?

My own feelings, feelings of friends, petitions that circulated the internet during its development, vicious threads here on System Wars, the comparative reception of the announcement of Fallout New Vegas from Obsidian.

I know it's hard to quantify how many people felt this way, but it was a common reaction to Fallout 3 from fans of the series.

Edit: Subrosian did an excellent thread about it about a year ago, which summarises the problems people had with it well.

No doubt Fallout 3 is different than what the Fallout series started as & no doubt previous games are much better, but its not Black Isle anymore so other fans of the series whom choose to freak out & cry can either accept it & play it or shut up and move on.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#45 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Dude I like ES buy I am loving Fallout 3. I enjoy the wasteland more than ES land.
djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts

fallout 3>oblivion

Tht1Guy7780
I agree, FO3 is one of the best games this Gen. Oblivion was average.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of Fallout 3. I mean, it's not the worst game ever, but so much time and effort to make the drabbest, dreariest, most depressing game I ever played is quite galling, when I consider the fantasic and colourful stuff they could been creating for a new Elder Scrolls. locopatho

Ha I know, I guess I hoping for something along the lines of Dr Strangelove, where everything is so messed up and horrific it actually turns out insanely hilarious.

Lol.That movie was so awesomely screwed up.

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MJPK

I think some people in this thread are forgetting about Fallout: New Vegas.It's not been made by Bethesda so there is a very good chance that they are working on TES 5.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]To many fans of the series, it was a major reversion. Danm_999

You know this how?

Wasn't that prior to release? I think sub, much like me, admitted afterwards it was a good game as long as you didn't get caught up in wanting it to be like the other fallouts. I could be wrong.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 heretrix

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

Danm_999

To many fans of the series, it was a major reversion. The ending wasn't very popular either.

It was different and people didn't want to wrap their heads around it. Too bad for them.

The ending did suck, But the time all the time I spent playing it didn't. The only issue I have with the game is it's too godamn buggy. Broken Steel is the last DLC I'm buying for it on day one,and I'm not sure if I'm getting any of the new ones at all.. The game technically is a mess with the GFWL garbage and they should be concentrating on fixing that instead of making new content every 5 minutes..