Windows Media Briefing *UPDATED! (keep it here)

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#301 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@sailor232:

But MS essentially have up on Kinect and dropped it from being a requirement. Now Im betting only a fraction of consoles ares sold with it and you can bet we wont be seeing many games made exclusively for it.

Yeah that may be true in the near future, it's still a little too early to say if they have given up on it fully yet. Either way it is very useful in its current state. I wanted to experience Kinect at least once to see if I would enjoy it (and I do) so for myself there is no harm done if it is dropped entirely, I also bought a Eye-camera for my ps3 back in the day and enjoyed that enough for as long as it was supported, as long as I get enough enjoyment out of something to justify the purchase, I'm happy with whatever the developers decide to do with it.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#302  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@sailor232 said:

@Heil68 said:

@kuu2 said:

@Dire_Weasel: Its hilarious watching Sony Fan stumble over themselves to make fun of innovation.

How is Move doing?

How is Eye Toy doing?

How is Morpheus doing?

How is Six Axis doing?

How is the touchpad on the controller doing?

Puhlease.........…...Sony Fan wouldn't know what innovation was if it pulled on their short and curlies.

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

How is Zune doing?

How is Kinect doing?

:P

Zune is long dead but I love my Zune HD, it's amazing and always has been, a pity the Apple marketing team were geniuses and people ate that crap up. All in all I have zero problems with companies trying to create a new product, even if they fail, they sometimes fail for the wrong reasons and the product itself can be amazing. I also like Kinect, I thought Eye-toy was alright as well but just not supported enough.

Apple convinced their customers that their problems would go away if you bought a MAC/apple product. Its hard to beat that type of marketing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#303 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts
Loading Video...

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
Loading Video...

Too damn funny!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

This thing has more tech in it than anyone could ever imagine. I like how it has a more panoramic view compared to traditional VR and can detect hard and soft surfaces. What?!?!?

Beta tested in the future.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#306 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This thing has more tech in it than anyone could ever imagine. I like how it has a more panoramic view compared to traditional VR and can detect hard and soft surfaces. What?!?!?

Beta tested in the future.

Impressive!!!

Can't wait to try this.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#307  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I want Hololens now, looks amazing and every preview about it have been positive.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#308 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
Loading Video...

Didn't watch the view but Age of Empires Online was horrible.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#309 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Dire_Weasel: Its hilarious watching Sony Fan stumble over themselves to make fun of innovation.

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

Poor kuu2. He's still never figured out that "fans" should be plural. And not capitalized. It's really adorable.

At this point I'm just chalking it up to a mental deficiency. Maybe it's somehow linked to a being a grown man that thinks Yoda is cool.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 FoxbatAlpha

Here is a interesting read on what VR devs are saying about Hololens.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/26/microsoft-hololens-augmented-virtual-reality-developers-kinect

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#311  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

While the time for the sticky is over, we'll keep this open for any continuing discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#312 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@darkspineslayer: So sad......

Exciting to see the direction of where MSoft is moving.

On the subject of MSoft tech I just purchased the Wireless Display Adapter that they put out and it is very nice. If you travel at all it is a awesome device.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Welp. The biggest flop hype thread for the biggest flop event is finally unstickied. Off it goes to irrelevancy. Back to lems crowing over controller updates that bring it into line with where the PS4 has been since launch.

thegiftoffear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 thegiftoffear
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Welp. The biggest flop hype thread for the biggest flop event is finally unstickied. Off it goes to irrelevancy. Back to lems crowing over controller updates that bring it into line with where the PS4 has been since launch.

Wow must be nice to have that massive 6 hours typical battery life. Must also be nice to have DLNA and instant game resume after sleep. I also know Morpheus is going to be released very soon and that it doesn't even require a PS4 to use. In fact, it doesn't even require electricity to run.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@thegiftoffear: 6 hour battery life is better than having to buy AA batteries. If you're complaining over a controller only lasting 6 hours you probably game too much anyway. 6 hours of non-stop gaming isn't enough for ya? A 20-30 minute recharge break is too long? That's sad lol.

thegiftoffear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By thegiftoffear
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@thegiftoffear: 6 hour battery life is better than having to buy AA batteries. If you're complaining over a controller only lasting 6 hours you probably game too much anyway. 6 hours of non-stop gaming isn't enough for ya? A 20-30 minute recharge break is too long? That's sad lol.

Sure for about $25 you can buy a rechargeable XB1 battery pack, or just buy a set of rechargeable batteries and charger. You can can use it on other stuffs like remote controllers. Run out of battery? Pop a new rechargeable one in! Battery running low on life over time? No problem, just replace with new ones. Easy as 1-2-3! Batteries not available? Then get a 10 ft long USB cord. It works just as well just not wireless. It's even more sad to accept a shitty battery life. Would you accept a phone that can run only 6 hours? Or a tablet running for 6 hours? It has little to do with 20-30 minutes break. I don't want to have to think about charging frequently.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@thegiftoffear: I rarely play games for 6 hours non-stop so it doesn't matter to me. I imagine most ppl don't run into issues with the battery life except ppl who do nothing but game 24/7.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@thegiftoffear said:

Wow must be nice to have that massive 6 hours typical battery life. Must also be nice to have DLNA and instant game resume after sleep. I also know Morpheus is going to be released very soon and that it doesn't even require a PS4 to use. In fact, it doesn't even require electricity to run.

Get enough battery life out of it for my maximum gaming sessions (8+ hours) and I don't need a media box so I dgaf about that or TV trending or any of that other shit.

When da Xbone games coming?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#321 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Very interested to hear and see more on the holo.