Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Scorpio is officially named Xbox one X

$499, 11/07/17, 4k capable

It's essentially a smaller, black, suped up Xbox one S with that same like it or hate it Xbox one controller.

What says you System Warriors? Has Microsoft hook, lined, and sunk you this holiday? Or Will you get a PS Pro for those "Xclusives?" Will you switch to the switch instead? Will you keep ur xbone or buy one for $300 cheaper than X? Or will you join the master race and ascend to the heavens?

IMO XboneX looks like a solid bang for buck machine that is a low cost way to get 4K. It also has no exclusives, no games you can't currently play on current machines, and a serious lack of heavy hitter Xbox IPs. So if I had 500 clams, I would personally put it towards a GTX 1080 Ti but that's just me.

What path will you choose?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

day one. will go nicely with a TV upgrade

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Don't see the point

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#4 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2970 Posts

Inb4 both paths

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46533 Posts

Heck no, I'm not buying any console any time soon.

But I would like to get a Switch ^^

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

no

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Nope.

I jumped on the Xbox bandwagon when Halo 2 released for all of one month. I bought an Xbox system with the CE of Halo 2 and a Live account. I was so sick of the community after one month that I sold the system with everything Xbox I had.

I haven't looked back and won't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

It'll cost me more money to invest in my current gaming PC to get into the whole 4K gaming. So I'm definitely picking up the Xbox One X, I already have a 4K Samsung 55" that I picked up not too long ago. The two will go great together, plus I have the Pro as well...

And on the whole exclusives bit...lol. I can play everything on the Xbox One X, it'll look best for me. I'm not a fan of the Windows Store nor do I want to go through dealing with it. Plus Red Dead Redemption 2 on this...mmmm!

Most of my friends are on the Xbox and anything Sony or Nintendo announces, I got the Switch & Pro for! Love being a gamer and not a fanboy :)

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

No.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

? No.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Absolutely not.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22409 Posts

Day one... got my 4k TV ready to go.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I am seriously debating between a new GPU and CPU or a XBOX for holidays.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Not this year. I see what games they have next E3.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9590 Posts

At this point in time... no. Perhaps if it ever has anything worth buying it for then I will. I honestly don't see the point unless it pushes all new shooters out with at least 60fps. That would be a good reason to get one... IF it was the only console that gave shooters a guaranteed 60fps. However, for slight uprades graphically after already owning a PS4 and Xbox One, and many of us with a PS4 Pro already? No point....

MS literally shot themselves in the foot by not bringing a couple more quality exclusives to the table to trt and showcase this new console as something other than just a gimmick. Not saying it is... but most WILL. Time will tell if it helps performance, but if it's just a small upgrade in graphics I will likely NEVER get one.

I predict a short life span for this console, and feel that people that buy it are going to be disappointed when MS announces another new console much sooner than those early adopters of the X1X expected.

I could be wrong, and anything could change my mind... but as I said before... as of right now, there is absolutely no point at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

After that garbage E3 showing? At that price point?

What do you think.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

@tormentos said:

I feel a new GPU & CPU would push past the price of the XBOX? Because that's where I'm at, I would have to upgrade my GPU, possibly CPU, & monitor to take advantage of 4K and even 30 frames...XBOX offers that at a reasonable price for me...

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrLostRib

@reduc_ab_ said:

What do you think.

that you were never going to get one regardless of E3 or the price

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

What do you think.

Hahaha I mean people have opinions and such for whatever anyone shows but lets be honest. Some people truly dislike or hate Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo despite what they may show that is awesome for others...

I just can't see that if nothing absolutely interested you from Microsoft? You're just a fanboy for the other team and not a gamer...I mean sure some games were alright, some games didn't interest, but they did show some cool games; indie or not that I'm sure any gamer would appreciate...

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Day 1. I've had 4k TVs for years but nothing in true 4k really. finally a product worth having the TVs for.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts

Maybe eventually (mostly for BC if it turns out good). Definitely not day 1 though.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Not sure honestly I could probably settle for One S. What did they say about X, even on a 1080p tv you'll benefit. But how will I, I doubt my tv has hdr and it's not 4k.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

If it hits $300 over the next year or two and Microsoft actually appears to be putting together a solid library of first party games, I might.

So almost definitely no.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Fairmonkey said:

Scorpio is officially named Xbox one X

$499, 11/07/17, 4k capable

It's essentially a smaller, black, suped up Xbox one S with that same like it or hate it Xbox one controller.

What says you System Warriors? Has Microsoft hook, lined, and sunk you this holiday? Or Will you get a PS Pro for those "Xclusives?" Will you switch to the switch instead? Will you keep ur xbone or buy one for $300 cheaper than X? Or will you join the master race and ascend to the heavens?

IMO XboneX looks like a solid bang for buck machine that is a low cost way to get 4K. It also has no exclusives, no games you can't currently play on current machines, and a serious lack of heavy hitter Xbox IPs. So if I had 500 clams, I would personally put it towards a GTX 1080 Ti but that's just me.

What path will you choose?

Day One as long as I get my money. I always get all the systems, so all this console war crap wont phase me none. If I don't have the money for it, I might wait and get the PS4 Pro first. Whatever the case, I will eventually own both of these game consoles.

********************************************************************************

@tormentos said:

You're not debating at all. Pretty sure the GPU and CPU is already in your shopping cart. lol!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@kinky-unikorn said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

What do you think.

Hahaha I mean people have opinions and such for whatever anyone shows but lets be honest. Some people truly dislike or hate Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo despite what they may show that is awesome for others...

I just can't see that if nothing absolutely interested you from Microsoft? You're just a fanboy for the other team and not a gamer...I mean sure some games were alright, some games didn't interest, but they did show some cool games; indie or not that I'm sure any gamer would appreciate...

To both of you: MS did not even show a single new first party exclusive. Not. A. Single. One. What is the X1X for, exactly? They showed some multiplats, and some indies. Great. Where are the big exclusive sellers? Where are the AAA games that I can't play on a PS4 Pro, a much cheaper system that makes games look pretty much the same, from what we've seen, as the X1X makes them look? Forza? What else? Come on, you know that show was garbage. MS had a chance to really challenge Sony, and they completely dropped the ball. This is probably their worst E3 ever. They should have come with so much more.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Probably not at launch. PRO games look great on mah 65" Sammy already. I'm in no hurry, possibly in the future.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

nope. i respect microsoft for putting out such a powerful console, but i feel like there isn't a single game in the XB1 library that i'm missing by only owning a powerful gaming PC, PS4, and switch.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Fairmonkey: Considering 80% of the XBox One X library will be games you can play on PS4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro there is no point unless you really care about a slightly higher resolution with 4K. Don't PS4/Xbox One games already look good enough? And I mean really was there ANYTHING shown last night that really looks better than Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Order 1886?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#30 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Day one.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

Nah. Nothing really changed. Still just another box that offers games I can play elsewhere.

And honestly, I'm cool with that. Thank you MS for not making me want to buy another box.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kinky-unikorn said:
@tormentos said:

I feel a new GPU & CPU would push past the price of the XBOX? Because that's where I'm at, I would have to upgrade my GPU, possibly CPU, & monitor to take advantage of 4K and even 30 frames...XBOX offers that at a reasonable price for me...

Yes that is one of the point in consideration since i am thinking about Ryzen and i would also need a new mother board as well as DDR4 probably to make the most out of Ryzen.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 princeofshapeir

@jcrame10 said:

@Fairmonkey: Considering 80% of the XBox One X library will be games you can play on PS4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro there is no point unless you really care about a slightly higher resolution with 4K. Don't PS4/Xbox One games already look good enough? And I mean really was there ANYTHING shown last night that really looks better than Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Order 1886?

graphically? maybe anthem and battlefront 2. AC origins also has some amazing water effects

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

haha at $499 ms can kiss my ass.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jcrame10

@princeofshapeir said:
@jcrame10 said:

graphically? maybe anthem and battlefront 2. AC origins also has some amazing water effects

if they look better it's only slightly and not worth $500...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22409 Posts

@tormentos said:

Is hell freezing over? Wtf?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70190 Posts

Hell yeah.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70190 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Nah. Nothing really changed. Still just another box that offers games I can play anywhere.

And honestly, I'm cool with that. Thank you MS for not making me want to buy another box.

Fixed. :P

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Day one.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By princeofshapeir

@jcrame10 said:
@princeofshapeir said:
@jcrame10 said:

well yeah. XB1X sounds like a really good deal if you want the best experience of upcoming multiplats and absolutely refuse to build a PC. if you have a PS4 and a PC... not so much

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i don't know. Once released and/or closer to release and comparison videos of games I'll play like Battlefront and COD start showing up I'll make my decision. If I can see a difference and it looks worth it sure why wouldn't I, but if I need DF to tell me why "X" game is better or smoother or have to see their FPS stats on screen showing a slight dip for a Ms, it's really kinda no thanks for me

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17862 Posts

no. no reason too.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DrLostRib

@reduc_ab_ said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

What do you think.

To both of you: MS did not even show a single new first party exclusive. Not. A. Single. One. What is the X1X for, exactly? They showed some multiplats, and some indies. Great. Where are the big exclusive sellers? Where are the AAA games that I can't play on a PS4 Pro, a much cheaper system that makes games look pretty much the same, from what we've seen, as the X1X makes them look? Forza? What else? Come on, you know that show was garbage. MS had a chance to really challenge Sony, and they completely dropped the ball. This is probably their worst E3 ever. They should have come with so much more.

While I agree they dropped the ball, it doesn't change what I said

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jcrame10

@princeofshapeir said:
@jcrame10 said:
@princeofshapeir said:
@jcrame10 said:

well yeah. XB1X sounds like a really good deal if you want the best experience of upcoming multiplats and absolutely refuse to build a PC. if you have a PS4 and a PC... not so much

Xbox One X sounds like a good deal if you haven't purchased any other consoles in the last 4 years.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#45 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@kinky-unikorn said:
@drlostrib said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

What do you think.

They showed games exclusive to their products, W10 and Xbox. You didnt care for them. I dont decide that I like a game based on if its going to be a "big exclusive seller". What does that have to do with liking a game?

Damned if you do, damned if you dont. The man stated almost 3 months ago he doesnt want to announce games years out anymore so he didnt. I have no problem finding out what is coming from June 2018-june 2019 at E3 2018. I dont need to see FF7 Remake type trailers.

LMAO so this E3 was worse then 2013? The deck is stacked against them on your table. That was the point DrLostRib made to begin with. You dont like Xbox going in, we all know it. Your opinion isnt taken seriously.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yes, I don't really need it as a week ago I built a 4k gaming pc but I'm a huge sucker for new gaming technology. I love Xbox as well and console gaming supports HDR which is worth the upgrade alone (coupled with 4k).

People always buy new phones all the time, they cost way more than the X1X and never moan about price, what you get with the new box is a massively good deal. In NZ the cost of the system will be $749, I spent $3200NZD on my pc. The graphics card along was almost the cost of 2 Xbox 1 X's.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@drlostrib: Well, no, it doesn't change what you said. But what you said is not right. If MS announced a bunch of games I really wanted, and could not play on the PS4, I'd get a X1X, though I'd probably wait for a price drop. They announced diddly squat though. You can try to put words in my mouth all you want. It won't make them true.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

$500 to play multiplats and a truckload of garbage indies? It's a tough call but I'm just going to have to pass on that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@cainetao11: Watching lems defend MS's show this year is supreme entertainment.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Microsoft waving the white flag and giving up this generation does not make me want to invest in any of their stuff outside of the PC.