Will you buy an Xbox One at $399?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

With MS lowering the price and removing Kinect to $399

Will you now buy an Xbox One?

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Nope. If the PS4 and Xbox are the same price, there's no incentive to get an Xbox instead of a PS4. Waiting for the first console to hit 300.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Nope. I have no interest in owning the piece of shit that is the Xbone.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Absolutely. I have access to my bro's around 90% of the time (hooked up in my room, unless he wants to play it). I've played it a decent amount, though I took a break with the PS4 for Killzone and Tomb Raider.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Already have one..........havent turned it on in almost a month..............so no :P

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

It's a significantly weaker PS4 at the same price, no.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Already own one, now I feel a little jaded since I wish I could of bought mne without the beyond useless garbage that is known as kinect(lol)-The joke of the industry and gaming and now MS has officially shit canned it into oblivion.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#8 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I wouldn't buy one now. Not much for compelling games.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

I'll wait for the $350 bungaloo on black friday. Nothing you really need to play right now.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

even if I got one for free I would only trade it in for a PS4 or games.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

given the hardware and current software library:

no.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 navyguy21

@Heil68 said:

Already own one, now I feel a little jaded since I wish I could of bought mne without the beyond useless garbage that is known as kinect(lol)-The joke of the industry and gaming and now MS has officially shit canned it into oblivion.

Kinect is brilliant for voice commands tho.

Kind of bummed about it not being bundled. Devs no longer have the incentive to get creative with it.

The right move would be to lower the price to 399 and keep Kinect. Couldve gone a lot further.

Sure, theyd lose money NOW, but they would broaden the base and appeal of the console while attracting creative minds.

Kinect is useless for hardcore games but has huge potential in the creative use arena.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Eurogamer reports it at $349.....tempting. Never mind. That's 349 British pound.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

With the PS4 you at least have a console with the strongest hardware of the three 8th-gen consoles and a higher potential for a strong first-party lineup later in the console's lifetime compared to XB1, if last gen was anything to go by. What does XB1 have going for it? The price would need to be significantly less than a PS4 for it to even be considered.

psone4xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By psone4xbox
Member since 2014 • 64 Posts

I got one for 399 with kinect and titanfall so I'm set for now..

If the ps4 adds a game for 399 or drops the price, I'll pick one up too...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Heil68

@navyguy21 said:

@Heil68 said:

Kinect is brilliant for voice commands tho.

Kind of bummed about it not being bundled. Devs no longer have the incentive to get creative with it.

The right move would be to lower the price to 399 and keep Kinect. Couldve gone a lot further.

Sure, theyd lose money NOW, but they would broaden the base and appeal of the console while attracting creative minds.

Kinect is useless for hardcore games but has huge potential in the creative use arena.

I'm sorry I disagree. The only voice command I use is to turn it on and off and sometimes it doens't work on first try.

Everything else pisses me off when it doesn't pick up the first time and if you have a room full friends or kids, forget about using them there.

I wouldn't miss it one bit and I certainly have not and dont plan on playing any Kinect(lol) only games. And you are absolutely 100% correct that devs will be thinking twice about making games that only use it, since I'm guessing from here on out that sale of the thing will be drastically reduced as people will buy the cheaper unit.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I'll be getting my xbox 1 at $199 on june 9th

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I said before the gen started that this time around I was sticking to one console, though I've been known to "bend" such rules before.

Basically we're going to have to see a sizable increase in truly exclusive AAA developed games for me to consider grabbing an XB1 before it's a legacy machine I get off a bargain bin. Without that, it's a weaker platform than my PC and PS4, and almost all of its games can be played on one of my other machines.

I've been assuming MS was going to get serious about acquiring more studios and franchises for a decade now. It's time for them to start growing their first party again.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

lol, no

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

There is no reason to buy one. Every multiplat plays better on PS4 and MS doesn't have any good 1st party studios.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Possibly, around Xmas time. There are really no games out that I would want on the consoles until AC: Unity comes out at the end of October. But if I can find a deal for $350 during the holidays, then yeah I can definitely see buying it. I lump Sony into the same group as EA in terms of arrogance and general asshattery so i can't really see buying a PS4.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 navyguy21

@Heil68 said:

I'm sorry I disagree. The only voice command I use is to turn it on and off and sometimes it doens't work on first try.

Everything else pisses me off when it doesn't pick up the first time and if you have a room full friends or kids, forget about using them there.

I wouldn't miss it one bit and I certainly have not and dont plan on playing any Kinect(lol) only games. And you are absolutely 100% correct that devs will be thinking twice about making games that only use it, since I'm guessing from here on out that sale of the thing will be drastically reduced as people will buy the cheaper unit.

The only issue i have with voice commands is the turn on command lol. All others work on the first try as long as i have the app installed. Sucks that it doesnt at least go to the store if you dont have the app so i dont spend 10ms yelling like an idiot lol.

I agree that Kinect isnt for everyone, but i look at it like i do VR for PS4. Not everyone will use it but it has the potential to be amazing.

By not bundling it, devs dont have the incentive to say add in the ability to read my emotions in a survival horror game to more accurately issue scares, or having your facial expressions effect peoples responses in an RPG. That is what i was excited about, now that excitement has diminished.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

No, I will never buy one no matter the price.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@SerOlmy said:

I lump Sony into the same group as EA in terms of arrogance and general asshattery so i can't really see buying a PS4.

LOL there is reason EA and Microsoft partnered up. They are both scum.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Nah, maybe when the price goes down some more and it gets some more games though.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

There is no reason to buy one. Every multiplat plays better on PS4 and MS doesn't have any good 1st party studios.

that is why I sold my xbox one and got a ps4....i noticed my friends ps4 multi plats looked a lot better.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Wish I had not believed all the talk about the big wigs behind the X1 saying they were never going to can the Kinect.... after all the lies, I still believed... fool me once.. fool me twice.. fool me three.. four.. fi... ok, well, I guess I am a sucker. lol

I still have NEVER connected my "Kinect" and it still has the plastic wrap and sticky plastic siding....

I would gladly return it for $100... no need to comp me a game :P

I'm not upset... it is just funny (in a gruesome cruel kind of way) that once again MS is giving it full force without lube to early adapters.

However, that said.... I realize that products change, and making money is the bottom line... MS is still learning the hard way, but it appears they concede yet again... My bottom line? They sure aren't winning any friends with their business practices which makes me feel as though they would not think twice to stop support of the X1 ALL TOGETHER if this doesn't change THEIR bottom line.

I kind of get the feeling this is their last console... but then again, all of he big three have had ups and downs.

MS is just putting off that desperate.. "we don't care about our customers" vibe once again. I don't mind the cuts... they are expected, but a pat on the back to early adopters would be nice... its not like they didn't pay out the butt for Kinect tech and Titanfall ads. All I'm saying is that they aren't doing a good job of showing they care about their install base they ALREADY HAVE, and if I feel this way as someone who owns all three consoles and isn't a fanboy, I could see this turning ugly for MS fast.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@GravityX said:

Sorry but PS4 is still more appealing for same price tag ...Some might argue about exclusives but theyll come , you know theyll do for PS4 plus you know that youll get the best exclusives when it comes to both quality and variety let alone quantity till next gen.

Now aside that why to play major multiplatforms at 720p and not 900p or even 1080p or why to not play with better graphical performance or with better frames the very same titles on the very same price tag? If someone for example come to you and say " You want to play X game on 720p or 900p.30fps or 60 , with low graphical settings or medium ? " i think 100% of you youll choose the best version. And almost quaranteed for 90% of multis , PS4 has and will have till next gen the best versions of the very same games on exactly the same price tag. So the choice for multiplatform gaming is so easy.

So if Sony clearly wins on multiplatforming war and its 99.99% sure that youll get amazing support for years to come ... Its pretty easy what to choose when 2 products costs the same.

X1 is for those that CANT live without HALO or Gears or the ones that are brand loyal otherwise i cant think a single reason why to favor X1 over PS4. Except if you got the money for both consoles , that make things way more simplier.

For me X1 would have been appealing if its price tag was -100$ than PS4 considering its way less powerful , providing subpar quality to major exclusives and lack the variety of exclusives Sony can bring on.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#29 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Price drops are always good (for my wallet anyway), but I'm sure there will be another price drop on the way. Once it's around $299, I'll consider it, but only if there are enough games that interest me.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

No the ps4 even at the same price has 1080p and more exclusives psn+ still cost less and has more games. Honestly what does the xflop aka the x180 have ??

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

No the ps4 even at the same price has 1080p and more exclusives psn+ still cost less and has more games. Honestly what does the xflop aka the x180 have ??

Personally? More games. Shit, i'm playing a game that I already played on the 360 ATM.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#32 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@StrongBlackVine:

Eh, it boils down to several things to me. I am ambivalent towards MS whereas i actively dislike Sony. I like Halo more than any of the Sony exclusives. XBL generally has better networking than PS+. All my achievements are on XBL, which is minor, but I still like to have them (I just broke 10k points recently). And I prefer the Xbox controller to Dual Shock. All that combined swings me in the direction of XBox One.

If MS moves forward with what they are planning to allow games devs to knock out certain background functionality to free up hardware for rendering, then the gap will be closer to the PS4 as well. Besides I'm a PC gamer at heart, I run the multiplats with much better visuals on my PC, consoles are for exclusives and games that have better console MP communities (like the AC series).

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#33  Edited By Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Just aren't enough games on it for it to be worth the price to me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Considering I have a PS4 already, probably not. Maybe in the future though...

But I know a lot of people who will definitely buy it at this price, especially since it's actually $50 cheaper than PS4 here in Aus, and comes with Forza.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If I had the money, I'd be ready to buy one at $500.

There is already Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5 and Titanfall that I'm interested in. Both Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive have me interested.

What am I interested on playing on the PS4? N++.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

If enough good exclusives coming out i will buy it sometime, but today? HELL NOOOO:P

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Nope . No compelling exclusive game on any console . And purchasing a console for multiplatform is bad idea since I already own PC .

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yes. Probably around the holidays or sometime next year. Kinect and always-on internet requirement were the things keeping me from purchasing one. Congrats to Microsoft for (finally) doing the right things.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Honestly, you would have to pay me to have one.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Heil68

@navyguy21 said:

@Heil68 said:

The only issue i have with voice commands is the turn on command lol. All others work on the first try as long as i have the app installed. Sucks that it doesnt at least go to the store if you dont have the app so i dont spend 10ms yelling like an idiot lol.

I agree that Kinect isnt for everyone, but i look at it like i do VR for PS4. Not everyone will use it but it has the potential to be amazing.

By not bundling it, devs dont have the incentive to say add in the ability to read my emotions in a survival horror game to more accurately issue scares, or having your facial expressions effect peoples responses in an RPG. That is what i was excited about, now that excitement has diminished.

Well I have the damn thing, hope MS continues to put out apps and improve voice recognition.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Give me one with XBL and games and ill play it. Use my hard earned money on it? Nope.

AppleBeatsPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AppleBeatsPC
Member since 2013 • 148 Posts

@GravityX said:

I already own 3, but I may as well purchase an extra for the bathroom since I can't Kinect while on the toilet.

I'm calling it now, the console war is over. Microsoft has won, and the X1 will skate to an easy victory. At just $499, the X1 was a supreme value when compared to the PSbore, but now that the X1 has shred some weight, it will blaze itself further into 1st place and completely finish off the PS4, and eventually get Sony to file bankruptcy.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Depends on how this year's E3 goes. At the moment I like what the Xbox One has in its line-up, Dead Rising 3, and despite reviews Crimson Dragon and Ryse, and Titanfall. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive at E3. Nothing on the PS4 interests me at the moment, nothing that's released except maybe the multiplats, and I've yet to see any real big disparity on that end except maybe the latest Tomb Raider which I already have on the PS3 anyways. But like I said I'll wait to see where things go at E3. I've no real interest in The Order from what I've seen, hopefully they have something else on the burner besides that and Drive Club.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I'm going to get one with Kinect when I pick one up 7 or 8 years from now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Definitely yes. But not now, not getting any console anytime soon. E3 will likely be the deciding factor for which BIG 2 I'll be getting first. I don't give a shit which console does 1080p or 4K or 6D super eye bleeding out of this world graphics. I care more about the games. Congrats to MS for finally listening and finally getting their heads out of their asses.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

nope. Im happy with my PS4

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#47  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Already did last November

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

As of now, no. I have a ps4 and I don't even play it...

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#49  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

If the Black Friday deals are right, I'll jump in for $300-350.