will the BAD NEWS about RARE LTD ever end??? LOTS of info inside.

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hamzah1235

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 hamzah1235
Member since 2008 • 1189 Posts

Great thread Mayce :D, though i feel sorry for the rare devolopement team :cry:

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
Terrible poll results so far. I'm disappointed with anyone who voted no, even if the majority of them are jealous ps3 fanboys or wii fanboys who think they were betrayed or something. In regard to the OP, I think Rare knows what they're doing. Every game they've released this gen has been good, maybe not great, but it still shows they are very capable developers. Between the assumptions people have made on Natal, as well as Rare, people are already expecting the worst, but there's really no reason to. Sure, Rare might be taking a risk here.. but isn't that what people want in gaming nowadays?
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
When Microsoft is done with them they better sell them off, instead of closing them down..... or else I will be furious.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Meh, I still think rare died with the cube.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#55 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

blame rare , for dispatching goldeneye team ,, blame sony for making them dispatch a second time

and most of all blame microsoft for their greed

how many dlc do we have to pay for -seriously ,

we pay 60 for these games already , , and 50 for xbox live

and rare didnt die with cube silly , xbox killed it

rare only made 1 gamecube game and that was all that time they had, with cube

yes ill be getting perfect dark ,,

already got my 800 points waiting

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mariokart64fan
[QUOTE="mythrol"][QUOTE="Syn_Valence"]

if they were with sony their games would have sold better........im telling unless your shooting things......its not going to sell on the 360.......cause it caters to americans and they like to blow **** up

Then why have RPGs sold better on the 360 than the PS3????

rpgs sold on 360 because their shooting games and fighting games with rpg elements silly , rpgs back on ps2 are vastly different then what 360 offers, \ play wii , , youll get your real rpgs or wait til ff xiii
MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

RARE has been headed downhill for a LONGGGGGGG time now

Vipa37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Vipa37
Member since 2009 • 268 Posts

With the exception of PDZ single player every game that came out was a good to great EVEN Banjo Nuts and Bolts was a great game even though people never gave it a chance and to all the people that said RARE was dead how could it have died after Microsoft bought them if they came out with the Xbox conker game that people praise as a great title?

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#59 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

its not rares decisions, its microsofts. The only game this gen thats not being made was due to rare was any form of a conker sequel, as many members of the rare staff thought it was immature and embarassing due to its rude humour.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44289 Posts

Terrible poll results so far. I'm disappointed with anyone who voted no, even if the majority of them are jealous ps3 fanboys or wii fanboys who think they were betrayed or something. In regard to the OP, I think Rare knows what they're doing. Every game they've released this gen has been good, maybe not great, but it still shows they are very capable developers. Between the assumptions people have made on Natal, as well as Rare, people are already expecting the worst, but there's really no reason to. Sure, Rare might be taking a risk here.. but isn't that what people want in gaming nowadays?Karnage108
Seemingly these dayzzz... You one of the few.. the proud.. a gamers.. gamer.

Nicely done - nailed it - and agreed. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5f6dd6241fdcc
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts

God, we need a new Jet Force Gemini! Oh, and an old school Banjo..!

Ultra_Combo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ultra_Combo
Member since 2009 • 1494 Posts

Yah they only make AA after AA game, you guy are pathetic what do you only play AAA games :roll:

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mariokart64fan

rare has definatelly flopped,

since xbox`1

their only good games believe it or not are on the gameboy and ds

and the arcade , other then that,

pd0 -sales good considering userbase at the time but now its like nothing ,

and it didnt surpass goldeneyes 8 million set in the n64 era , ,

or pds ,

so ya

they wont make another pd because they lost their goods

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="Karnage108"]Terrible poll results so far. I'm disappointed with anyone who voted no, even if the majority of them are jealous ps3 fanboys or wii fanboys who think they were betrayed or something. mitu123

Agreed 100%.

100%? Really? Not 60%? The full 100?

I would argue those are good results so far (it's almost 50/50) considering SW is made up of Hermits, Cows, Sheep that don't have a 360...and Lemmings that don't want this game at all (for whatever reason).

I'm getting it, but imagine this...some poster comes in this thread and only owns a Wii. The question is asking very simply if he is getting a PD XBLA?. Yes or No. Well, he answers no, and automatically he's a jealous Wii or PS3 fanboy thinking of betrayal?

I would assume he just isn't getting the DL XBLA game because he doesn't have a 360.:P You know? :lol:

According that guy's logic, most of the world are fanboy's FOR NOT buying PD XBLA...geez! There is no room for people not liking it, or not having a console!:P

The kicker in all of this? This isn't even going to be made by RARE? :o. It's a whole different team.:P So even the hardcore RARE fanboys are not supporting Rare on this one. :P

This Download game is made by 4J studios (not Rare? D'oh!) who made Wuggle for Iphone, AMF Bowling for DS, Breeders Cup World Thoroughbred for PS2, Star Trek for Wii and PS2, etc.

It's all good.:P

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

What happened to Rare? They don't work with Nintendo anymore. THAT's what happened.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Karnage108"]Terrible poll results so far. I'm disappointed with anyone who voted no, even if the majority of them are jealous ps3 fanboys or wii fanboys who think they were betrayed or something. SolidTy

Agreed 100%.

I would argue those are good results so far (it's almost 50/50) considering SW is made up of Hermits, Cows, Sheep that don't have a 360...and Lemmings that don't want this game at all (for whatever reason).

I'm getting it, but imagine this...some poster comes in this thread and only owns a Wii. The question is asking very simply if he is getting a PD XBLA?. Yes or No. Well, he answers no, and automatically he's a jealous Wii or PS3 fanboy thinking of betrayal?

I would assume he just isn't getting the DL XBLA game because he doesn't have a 360.:P You know? :lol:

According that guy's logic, most of the world are fanboy's FOR NOT buying PD XBLA...geez! There is no room for people not liking it, or not having a console!:P

The kicker in all of this? This isn't even going to be made by RARE? :o. It's a whole different team.:P So even the hardcore RARE fanboys are not supporting Rare on this one. :P

This Download game is made by 4J studios (not Rare? D'oh!) who made Wuggle for Iphone, AMF Bowling for DS, Breeders Cup World Thoroughbred for PS2, Star Trek for Wii and PS2, etc.

Eh C'mon as he & we have seen this tale play out before.. dozens of times. :P Rare has delivered super creative, bone chilling risk taking with an IP like Banjo all that did indeed deliver quality coupled with unigue gaming and none, none flopped and all by GS standards considered great !!

That it seems is always the issue more then say the inferred posters only question.. PD XBL or not.

Oh and PD XBLA will be saweet - AAAE. :o

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#68 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Karnage108"]Terrible poll results so far. I'm disappointed with anyone who voted no, even if the majority of them are jealous ps3 fanboys or wii fanboys who think they were betrayed or something. SolidTy

Agreed 100%.

Yeah, that's true, but this game is 800 points(10 bucks).

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

Rare was dead the moment they left Nintendo.. sorry but leaving nintendo was the worst decision rare ever made.. In fact in the Rare deal only nintendo got a nice profit. since until then Rare was a hitmaker. I doubt MS is happy with the purchase..

and this is comming from someone that loved Rare more then Miyamoto himself and bought a 360 just for Rare games (and Silicon Knights game.. but Too human was a big big dissapointement) funnily enough i only really played conker remake on my 360 and didnt finished kameo since it disgusted me

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6611 Posts

Im glad Nintendo sold them and bought Retro.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Rare actually made some pretty good games this gen PDZ, Kameo, Viva Pinata.. But the problem is that, as peter moore stated late last year, the industry kinda passed by Rare. Most of the games they produce are colorful, vibrant and aren't traditional games ie. Viva and Banjo N&B.. Having said that, most of the "hardcore" gamers on the PS3/360 are looking for Hack & Slashers, FP/TPS's, and to a lessor extent Sports games. If you look at the sales numbers Ratchet & Clank didn't light up the sales charts either. I think the reason LBP was so successful was because of word of mouth and the social aspect it provided. Bottom line.. Rare's talents were redirected towards M$'s Natal project because it's the rare area (no pun intended) in which they can shine. If Rare creates a "must have" title using Natal, we'll all understand M$'s intent.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SecretPolice

Rare actually made some pretty good games this gen PDZ, Kameo, Viva Pinata.. But the problem is that, as peter moore stated late last year, the industry kinda passed by Rare. Most of the games they produce are colorful, vibrant and aren't traditional games ie. Viva and Banjo N&B.. Having said that, most of the "hardcore" gamers on the PS3/360 are looking for Hack & Slashers, FP/TPS's, and to a lessor extent Sports games. If you look at the sales numbers Ratchet & Clank didn't light up the sales charts either. I think the reason LBP was so successful was because of word of mouth and the social aspect it provided. Bottom line.. Rare's talents were redirected towards M$'s Natal project because it's the rare area (no pun intended) in which they can shine. If Rare creates a "must have" title using Natal, we'll all understand M$'s intent.

OhSnapitz

Pretty good and yeah, we shall see if Natal has some real spark with not only unique but also Rare gems we can all enjoy.

I'm betting yes... :)

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

OhSnapitz
people playing colorful kiddy games are just not on the 360.. that simple.. banjo, viva and kameo would have sold a lot better on nintendo platforms or even sony platforms for example.. the 360 is all about bald spacemarines with guns.. if you are not one of those types you dont have much chance to sell well.. that and rare games lack the quality they once had.. back in the SNES, N64 days Rare was one of the Top studios that made almost only AAA titles... now they are happy if they get a AA title out
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"]

farnham
people playing colorful kiddy games are just not on the 360.. that simple.. banjo, viva and kameo would have sold a lot better on nintendo platforms or even sony platforms for example.. the 360 is all about bald spacemarines with guns.. if you are not one of those types you dont have much chance to sell well.. that and rare games lack the quality they once had.. back in the SNES, N64 days Rare was one of the Top studios that made almost only AAA titles... now they are happy if they get a AA title out

Forza III sold 2 million in 3 months.. I don't see any space marines in that game. Fable 2 sold 2.5 million in 2-3 months and I don't see any space marines in that game. And If I'm not mistaken Zak & Wiki (and most 3rd party games) tanked on the wii, and I already mentioned Ratchet & Clank. And let's not talk about past glories.. or should we use Wii-music as a measuring stick for Nintendo's dev future.. :|
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Agreed 100%.

mitu123

Great, that's one hell of a price. Sold! :P

I was planning on getting it anyways, but that was my pricepoint. Now, I get it day one...yay! :P I have exactly 800 points left over for about 6 months now, lol.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

I was planning on getting it anyways, but that was my pricepoint. Now, I get it day one...yay! :P I have exactly 800 points left over for about 6 months now, lol.

Wow, you're lucky, I need points though. Also, I actually knew 4J is doing this, I jsut credit Rare for allowing this game on XBLA, after all, they made it previously.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Yeah, that's true, but this game is 800 points(10 bucks).

mitu123

Wow, you're lucky, I need points though. Also, I actually knew 4J is doing this, I jsut credit Rare for allowing this game on XBLA, after all, they made it previously.

It is a few gens ago port, so definitely some credit to be shared...but 4J deserves the most credit or blame depending. I figure, since Xbox makes all decisions for RARE at this point anyways.

Look at it this way, if it's really, really awesome in HD and online, etc...4J deserves the cred...but if it's terrible...4J deserves the blame.:P

Yeah, I don't buy pics and themes and stuff, I just sit on my points until a new game comes along. I buy in $5 or $10 intervals when possible.:P

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

Im glad Nintendo sold them and bought Retro.

p3anut
As much as I loved the prime games..... Rare>Retro
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Microsoft are notorious for metaphorically strangling developers they buy out or have under their wing, in a variety of ways. Shame about Rare, here is hoping its not another Ensemble, FSA, or their other former in house developers.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts

[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

WRONG they are working on KI3

See? Do you see?

shawn7324

Nope. They are bringing an older KI title to the Arcade.

and that makes me happy....if it's KI2 then I'm extremely happy seeing how that game was one of my fav 2d fighters of all time.

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

I wish for a Killer instinct for this gen. just hearing the commentator yelling out "ULTRAAA ULTRAA"... is orgasmic and rewarding

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mitu123

Perfect Dark 2 might exist, according to this link and a quote from it:

GP: In your own words, can you tell us why it's important to keep Perfect Dark alive as a franchise?

NF: Bringing the original Perfect Dark to XBLA gives us an opportunity to remind core fans just how good the first game was, whilst also introducing the franchise to a whole new generation of players who never got the opportunity to play the original.

If you want to see more of Joanna Dark on Xbox 360, the single best thing you can do is pick up Perfect Dark for Xbox LIVE Arcade. If you like it... tell your friends. We're watching this one closely!

So they are relying on the sales of this game in order to create Perfect Dark 2. Must warn friends on my friends list for 360, which is in the 90s.

And they say sales don't matter?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Agreed 100%.

If the Wii user you talk about really is...why did he come into the thread any ways? its about a rare microsoft, its about a 360 only game...its not about Wii, Ps3 or any other company. he came into the thread and voted on a game he never would have gotten anyways...that makes him a fanboy. Why should people that have no ability to play the game or want to get the game cause they don't own the system its on vote? one would think it would be a poll of those capable of getting the game and weither or not they will get it. your logic is flawed the only reason to come into a thread about a game not on the system you own and vote on it when you had no intention of getting the system and the game is because your a fanboy.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#84 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I will be buying PD for XBLA just for the good old times.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Microsoft are notorious for metaphorically strangling developers they buy out or have under their wing, in a variety of ways. Shame about Rare, here is hoping its not another Ensemble, FSA, or their other former in house developers.

they're nortorious for it? what developers can you name besides FASA and ensemble? Ensemble released most of its games *good games* under Microsoft odd.... As for FASA the same can be said true since their games before the acquisition were published by Microsoft... FASA's claims of such things were an excuse because they hadn't produced good games in a long time, and their headquarters were located miles away from Microsoft headquarters so much for interactions that caused FASA to be unproductive FASA members should stop making excuses and start putting the blame on them selves where it belongs. but yes please where are the other video game developers you can cite for Microsoft being notorious for strangling game developers? only 2? that's not being notorious come back when they've done as much as EA has in the industry in that regard.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Agreed 100%.

WilliamRLBaker

If the Wii user you talk about really is...why did he come into the thread any ways? its about a rare microsoft, its about a 360 only game...its not about Wii, Ps3 or any other company. he came into the thread and voted on a game he never would have gotten anyways...that makes him a fanboy. Why should people that have no ability to play the game or want to get the game cause they don't own the system its on vote? one would think it would be a poll of those capable of getting the game and weither or not they will get it. your logic is flawed the only reason to come into a thread about a game not on the system you own and vote on it when you had no intention of getting the system and the game is because your a fanboy.

No, because the TC wooed people into the thread with this title :

"will the BAD NEWS about RARE LTD ever end??? LOTS of info inside."

SW is a place of information, and many different types are on the boards. So, let's go with the Wii guy again.

New information on Rare, a previous Nintendo exclusive developer. Lots of info inside promised by the TC. Seems like a great information thread.

Then, when he comes in, there is a poll. He answers honestly, and reads about the info.

Besides, there are many, many, many 360 owners that won't be buying this, and some of those guys could again, pop in the thread, and just vote no, but want the information. Again, they wouldn't be a fanboy.

Sure, fanboy's definitely vote in polls, they are broke in SW for years, but the original statement is just false.

--------

"Terrible poll results so far. I'm disappointed with anyone who voted no, even if the majority of them are jealous ps3 fanboys or wii fanboys who think they were betrayed or something."

------

How can he knows who the majority is, in fact, if anything if Cows and Sheep ran this poll, XBLA PD wouldn't be winning...but it is.

All I'm saying is it's not a fanboy thing just to not like or want a game, or even if you do want it, the question specifically askes if they are going to get it. If they don't own a 360, and they are being honest, the answer is no.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#87 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

GP: In your own words, can you tell us why it's important to keep Perfect Dark alive as a franchise?

NF: Bringing the original Perfect Dark to XBLA gives us an opportunity to remind core fans just how good the first game was, whilst also introducing the franchise to a whole new generation of players who never got the opportunity to play the original.

If you want to see more of Joanna Dark on Xbox 360, the single best thing you can do is pick up Perfect Dark for Xbox LIVE Arcade. If you like it... tell your friends. We're watching this one closely!

So they are relying on the sales of this game in order to create Perfect Dark 2. Must warn friends on my friends list for 360, which is in the 90s.

time to send emails. :D
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

mayceV

I'm doing the same, well, to a lot on my friends list on 360, which is a lot BTW. I don't want the series to end with a prequel BTW, what game series does that?

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mayceV
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="mayceV"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

I'm doing the same, well, to a lot on my friends list on 360, which is a lot BTW. I don't want the series to end with a prequel BTW, what game series does that?

that would be dumb to do (ending with a prequel) It would be a shame to see the series go out lik this, with, what people say, a dated feeling game (PDZ) I mean I'm getting it for like 5 bucks soon, to see it its over hated. that and I don't want halo to be the only FPS that my 360 has. also I wonder why MS is holding back conker's other bad day, rarehas the story and they somewhat started.
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
"Rare" is meant to describe the number of actual good games coming out of that studio.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 mayceV

"Rare" is meant to describe the number of actual good games coming out of that studio.beekayjay
then many studios these days should be called scarce. Rare has 4AA's and 1 AAA which is more than most studios this gen.