Will MGS V be more beautiful than Witcher 3?

• 55 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45110 Posts

As I play Witcher 3, I cannot help but think of MGS V. I make a connection with the open world and also the two protagonists as they are long haired dudes with weird voices. But either way, considering the graphical downgrades of Witcher 3 (even I notice it), it got me thinking - which one will look better? I'm putting my money on MGS. Ground Zeroes was a pretty good looking game, and I think overall it was more detailed and made better use of its assets. The cut scenes were also gorgeous. What do you think, SW?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Unity, Crysis3, Far Cry 4 and many other games look better than both.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

It running at 60FPS makes me think it won't. But it'll be interesting to see how the PC versions stack up against each other.

Although if you're talking "beautiful", then yeah, artstyle can sway anyone.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

As I play Witcher 3 I can't help but think of masturbating.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 5 will be a masterpiece

witcher 3 is just a great game

bro just get both

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Maybe, Kojima does pretty amazing things with limited hardware.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Will have to compare the pc versions. TW3 has been improved on some fronts with th recent patch.

All that said. Batman Arkham Knight will top both.

Obviously, it's still not a good comparison since MGS5 is 60fps.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

I think so, Ground Zeroes was quite beautiful and optimized and they've had a couple of years to work with the engine.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Unity, Crysis3, Far Cry 4 and many other games look better than both.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

It running at 60FPS makes me think it won't. But it'll be interesting to see how the PC versions stack up against each other.

Although if you're talking "beautiful", then yeah, artstyle can sway anyone.

What do you mean 'the PC versions'?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak

@HalcyonScarlet: The PC versions of TW3 and MGS5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Yes. Still not gonna play it though.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@HalcyonScarlet: The PC versions of TW3 and MGS5.

Oh lol, I thought there was multiple versions of MGS5 for a quick sec there :-P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak

@HalcyonScarlet: It's all good :p

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

i just wish Kojima would drop last gen consoles, but oh well.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Will be a better game, because it's MGS and The Witcher 3 isn't.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossX said:

Metal Gear Solid 5 will be a masterpiece

witcher 3 is just a great game

bro just get both

But it's too hard for you to play,how would you know?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Because i avoid videos of the witcher and mgs 5 so i can enjoy the games when i get them i cant say, but looking at grounds zero and the ps4/xbox1 comparisen video ithnk mgs will be more beautiful

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Visually speaking MGS4 was far above any other games (excluding Crysis) back in '08 so I wouldn't be surprised if MGS5 repeated this scenario. However, I think MGS will be AAA at maximum.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

MGS5 it's cross gen bro. Which mean, same assets across the board. And a waste of time and money too since the PS3 and X360 sales will most likely be the lowest.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

A cross gen game? Nah

But it's going to be a fantastic game. The best game this year.

Avatar image for ultimatetruth92
UltimateTruth92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By UltimateTruth92
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Nah, MGSV looks good but it's bland as shit in comparison to Witcher 3, just like previous MGS games they only look good technically but in terms of art style they look so uninspiring. Doesn't help that Ground Zeroes even on PC had texture issues that I've yet to see in Witcher 3

As far how good the game is, Witcher 3 will be so far above Phantom Pain it won't even be funny, an overrated series from an overrated developer who's going to be obscure after 2015, doesn't really help that the Fox aka Fail Engine can't do decent AI to save it's life, the extremely shallow side content doesn't help either

Witcher 3 = 92 on Metacritic and 10 here

MGSV Phantom Pain = Won't even break 85 on Metacritic and won't get above an 8 here

Loading Video...

Amazing what Kojima can do with such a large budget, objectively this will be the biggest flop of 2015

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

MgsV isn't an open world game anyway he said so himself it's just big and lacks "walls" rest will be like previous msg iterations

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@ultimatetruth92 said:

Nah, MGSV looks good but it's bland as shit in comparison to Witcher 3, just like previous MGS games they only look good technically but in terms of art style they look so uninspiring. Doesn't help that Ground Zeroes even on PC had texture issues that I've yet to see in Witcher 3

As far how good the game is, Witcher 3 will be so far above Phantom Pain it won't even be funny, an overrated series from an overrated developer who's going to be obscure after 2015, doesn't really help that the Fox aka Fail Engine can't do decent AI to save it's life, the extremely shallow side content doesn't help either

MGSV Phantom Pain = Won't even break 85 on Metacritic and won't get above an 8 here

Loading Video...

Amazing what Kojima can do with such a large budget, objectively this will be the biggest flop of 2015

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Yeah, not likely. Cross gen game and all that. Kind of sucks seeing as the Fox Engine looks to be more capable than the REDengine, but we'll never see that come to fruition with all of what's going on at Konami.

A lot of the peeps who tried the game at the recent preview event were going nuts over the lighting. Some even said it's almost photorealistic at times, but that was about it. No glowing impressions about the rest of the games visuals and one guy even said that some of the textures were a bit flat compared to Ground Zeroes. Of course they were playing the PS4 version and it was incomplete code, so we'll see how that works out.

@notorious1234na said:

MgsV isn't an open world game anyway he said so himself it's just big and lacks "walls" rest will be like previous msg iterations

What makes you say that? GZ alone plays far differently from previous MGS due it's scale and it's not even a shred of the map sizes from TPP.

Are you just saying this because all of the world in TPP isn't interconnected? If so, it wouldn't really make sense to be walking to be walking through Afghanistan, cross over a hill and BOOM, you're in Africa lol.

It's going to be multiple open worlds, that's not a bad thing, it makes sense geographically.

Heres something for you to check out.

If you don't consider that open world then I really don't know what is. By your logic, even GTA wouldn't be considered open world.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#27  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@elkoldo said:

Visually speaking MGS4 was far above any other games (excluding Crysis) back in '08 so I wouldn't be surprised if MGS5 repeated this scenario. However, I think MGS will be AAA at maximum.

Not really. The visuals in MGS4 were good but somewhat flat even at the time. Character models looked fantastic but the environments were not particularly impressive due to texture work that had a PS2-era look to it. Uncharted 1 was a much stronger visual package and it came out in 2007.

Comparison:

You can see how the image from UC1 looks much more dynamic: everything seems to "pop" while the environments in the MGS image seem extremely flat and unconvincing.

Even Grand Theft Auto IV, which didn't have MGS IV's level of visual fidelity overall, had way more convincing-looking environments, though that probably had more to do with art style than anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Every Metal Gear Solid game to date is better looking than Witcher 3.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I find MGS5's visual aesthetic and artstyle more appealing than The Witcher 3's, but it's not a fair comparison since MGS5's not a big open world game.

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 treelog187
Member since 2005 • 2111 Posts

Where are you guys getting this info?

@notorious1234na said:

Kojima said that Ground Zeroes isn't open world, but instead an open area. He never said MGSV wasn't open world. He did say this:

"Of course it's not going to be a game where Snake fishes all day or changes jobs and pursues a different life."

All he was saying was that it won't have a ton of random things to do like many open world games. It's open world but it's still very much a game focused on stealth action.

@princeofshapeir said:

I find MGS5's visual aesthetic and artstyle more appealing than The Witcher 3's, but it's not a fair comparison since MGS5's not a big open world game.

Are you meaning to say it's not an open world game? Or just not as big as The Witcher? I can agree with the latter, I know MGSV won't approach the scale of TW3. It's still an open world game and everything we've seen and heard so far makes it seem like it's going to be massive.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I don't think it will but boobs will certainly be more high rez in MGS5!

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 princeofshapeir

@treelog187 said:

@princeofshapeir said:

Are you meaning to say it's not an open world game? Or just not as big as The Witcher? I can agree with the latter, I know MGSV won't approach the scale of TW3. It's still an open world game and everything we've seen and heard so far makes it seem like it's going to be massive.

It's not a true open world game like The Witcher 3. It's a collection of large open-ended maps that you can explore, similar to Dragon Age Inquisition, but these maps aren't going to be anywhere near the scale of Velen in TW3. It'll be like Ground Zeroes' Camp Omega, only much, much larger.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

@ultimatetruth92 said:

Loading Video...

Geez your biasness and just ignorance/limited perspective is mind boggling. While YOUR OPINION IS FINE.....That video is simply a bug, a rare instance where A.I can be random at times, a lot of games have this. I bet if snake moved a slight inch in that vid the A.I would have regained the proper function. That being said, the A.I in general is pretty good IMO.

If you care to look back at MGS2 for the PS2 the game, visually and even A.I wise it was ahead of its time....even MGS3 outdid it, visually and tech wise on the same very limited hardware. ALSO wait until the game is out.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

In my opinion both are gonna be equally good.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

@GrayF0X786 said:

i just wish Kojima would drop last gen consoles, but oh well.

It would be stupid for him to do so, because MGSV began development on the previous generation of consoles before this generation begun; it was originally intended to be exclusively for the previous generation. Also, by excluding the PS3 and the XBOX 360, he'd be missing out on a lot of fans who want to play the game and subsequently would miss out on a lot of money.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ConanTheStoner

@soapandbubbles:

Yeah, the guy is our resident MGS douche. Salty all day.

And yeah, it's always funny when a person tries to claim horrid AI and posts a video that's nowhere near the norm. How many people claim that Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is one of the best stealth games ever? Plenty, myself included. But my god, I've seen some of the worst AI glitches in gaming while playing it. Was just playing the 'Displace' mission yesterday and ran into two hilariously bad instances of fucked AI. Doesn't mean it's the norm and it certainly doesn't stop the game from being beast.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

The Witcher 3 looks absolutely amazing and beats the crap out of Ground Zeroes, which I assume is what Phantom Pain will look like.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

The Witcher 3 looks absolutely amazing and beats the crap out of Ground Zeroes, which I assume is what Phantom Pain will look like.

Ground Zeroes came out more then a year ago. Kojima has already said that The Phantom pain will look better then Ground Zeroes.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

On PC I'm guessing MGSV is going to look better for sure.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

I think so, Ground Zeroes was quite beautiful and optimized and they've had a couple of years to work with the engine.

720p on the Xbox One is not exactly something I would call an optimized product, especially considering how non-demanding the engine is.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By princeofshapeir

@nyadc said:
@Krelian-co said:

720p on the Xbox One is not exactly something I would call an optimized product, especially considering how non-demanding the engine is.

Presumably KojiPro could have done either 1080p/30 or 720p/60 on Xbox One, but they went with the latter. TPP probably won't be a consistent 60 FPS on PS4 anyway

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@princeofshapeir said:
@nyadc said:
@Krelian-co said:

Presumably KojiPro could have done either 1080p/30 or 720p/60 on Xbox One, but they went with the latter. Ground Zeroes isn't a consistent 60 FPS on PS4 anyway.

Well I just don't think they properly optimized it in general for the Xbox One, maybe even intentionally as I've always seen Konami as being in bed with Sony. I don't even think they tried to make use of the eSRAM. Konami games don't even look that impressive and on PC their games such as MGS:GZ are not demanding at all, yet on the Xbox One it's at 720p just like PES 2015? A soccer game lol...

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 princeofshapeir

@nyadc said:
@princeofshapeir said:
@nyadc said:
@Krelian-co said:

Presumably KojiPro could have done either 1080p/30 or 720p/60 on Xbox One, but they went with the latter. Ground Zeroes isn't a consistent 60 FPS on PS4 anyway.

Well I just don't think they properly optimized it in general for the Xbox One, maybe even intentionally as I've always seen Konami as being in bed with Sony. I don't even think they tried to make use of the eSRAM. Konami games don't even look that impressive and on PC their games such as MGS:GZ are not demanding at all, yet on the Xbox One it's at 720p just like PES 2015? A soccer game lol...

Edited my post after looking at framerate tests, GZ is a consistent 60 FPS on both XB1 and PS4. I think GZ looks really good for a crossgen game, and while it might not be terribly demanding I don't think the game could have been done on XB1 at 1080p and a consistent 60 FPS. Personally, I applaud Kojima for choosing framerate over resolution.

It'll be interesting to see what the larger environments and supposedly improved graphics of TPP mean for framerates on both versions though.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Not sure TW3 looks great and I expect MGSV to do the same. But MGS runs at 60fps so it probably won't look quite as good.

PS: Geralt is a midevil Solid Snake

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Yes, and I made a thread about this before and told hermits about TW3 downgrade before it was officially announced to the deluded fanboys.

@Heirren said:

Every Metal Gear Solid game to date is better looking than Witcher 3.

LMAO

People saying "crossgen" as an argument? Are you idiots really that stupid? Look at fucking TW3, it's ABSOLUTELY built on last gen assets and geometry DA ****?

MGSV will vaporize TW3 graphically. Kojimas team has extensive skill at pushing the limes of hardware they are working with, CDPR only relies on more powerful hardware to push graphics like most PC-centric devs and they still hasn't done a very good job.

lol, miss me with that "cross-gen" argument crap as a point for TW3. Draw distance is the only thing last gen consoles couldn't pull off for this game and even GTAV proves that wouldn't isn't much of an issue.

This shit is more cross gen than MGSV even being an actual cross gen title.

The sad fact is racist PC nerds don't want to admit MGS V will be better because it's a japanese dev who has been mostly a console guy, same for FFXV which also stomps the shit out of TW3 graphically.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: @treelog187:

Understood what Kojima said. Open world evolved over the years and doesn't just mean invisible walls. That was fine like 1980s. Open world believe stated this somewhere idk w.e. basically for a game to be considered open world, certain criteria must be met. Two of those mgs does not have which is nonlinearity and interactivity with said world.

I saw the image from Neogaff looks like a barren land devoid of everything except the trash mobs and objectives scripted into the game. In an open world game to put it bluntly, devs release much control in order to allow each player to tell their own story. Players make the choices not devs. We both know Kojima probably has 20 hrs of cutscenes to tell his convoluted story so everything will be linear.

Adressing the "stealth focus" remark. Again, an open world or massive non-linear game is about choices. Focusing on stealth eliminates choices. Furthermore, by my logic it would as GTA isn't just a big world. Its a world that at the very least interacts with you and accommodates many different play styles. You do not even have to follow the objective ( telling ur own story) and can just explore the world like an amusement park.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I dunno if it will look better, but I'll enjoy it a hell of a lot more.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ConanTheStoner

@notorious1234na:

Busy, I'll get to you with a more thorough response later, but...

1. You can play missions out of order. You can outright skip missions and bosses. That girl Quiet they keep on showing? You can meet her early in the game or you can never meet her at all. You can choose to befriend her, be her enemy or kill her. That's just one example from the start. The story unfolds in an episodic format. Overall, yes it's going to be a linear progression in that it has a definite beginning and end (just like every open world game), but how you get there and the order in which you choose to get there is up to you. If you want to say **** the missions and free roam, you can do that too.

2. The world is plenty interactive. Plenty of the recent previews went on to say that it was more interactive than most games.

There goes your two disqualifiers, but truth be told, those things don't define open world gaming in the slightest.

-

Kojima explicitly stated that Big Boss will rarely speak because it is such a choice filled game and doesn't want the player just doing what Big Boss would do. Again, this has nothing to do with a game being open world, but you did bring it up and once again, you're incorrect.

-

Beyond that, this game has far more freedom in playstyle than GTA could ever begin to muster, lol. Are you kidding me? In GTA you're just stuck with flimsy TPS mechanics. MGSV is a game that is not only stronger than GTA mechanically as a TPS, but is also robust as a stealth game. Not only are you getting better mechanics, you're getting more freedom of playstyle. This is just speaking of raw mechanics, factor in the loads of gadgets, weaponry, vehicles, and other misc. items that you can obtain, or develop (and upgrade for more functionality) and it's not even fair. You could play the game as a ninja, a walking tank, or anything inbetween.

And as I stated above, yes you can free roam, explore, tackle multiple missions at a time, tackle no missions at all, whatever you wish to do.

-

You were wrong on literally every point. I think rather than following the game you're just making wild assumptions.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

I think so.. and lol at how most of the people ITT are considering the console version of MGS5. The PC version exists, and going by Ground Zeroes, it will look substantially better than the PS4 version and at least match TW3, although it won't be true open world.