Will Lightning Returns get its own Realm Reborn?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Square Enix has insisted that the Final Fantasy name can not be damaged. FF14 was an awful game when it came out. Square Enix took FF14 and remade it into something that is generally good.

Lightning Returns is out now, and while it isn't a huge disaster like FF14, it doesn't seem to be doing all that well with critics. Do you think that Square will release a special edition of the game a year from now? Possibly on PS4 and X1?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@JangoWuzHere: You're too late, the score has been posted and its a 5

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Dear lord no. Burn it with fire and move on to the next game...

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Doubt it.

The game engine of 13 cost alot of money and SE made this trilogy to recoup as much money as they could from it.

Expect FF15 to have a trilogy or sequel at the very least aswell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

No because Lightning Returns isn't an MMO and I highly doubt there's that many singleplayer games out there that have had a complete overhaul because the developers fucked up. And let's be realistic, you can't fix a shit story/characters with a patch.

Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

Hopefully they're finished with that piece of shit. They make what is universally agreed to be the worst game in the series and decide to milk it and shove and unliked crappy character down everyones throats. Makes absolutely no sense and I'm 100% sure Square Enix lose some money on this shitty idiotic project.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

No because Lightning Returns isn't an MMO and I highly doubt there's that many singleplayer games out there that have had a complete overhaul because the developers fucked up. And let's be realistic, you can't fix a shit story/characters with a patch.

The Witcher 1 released the enhanced edition which made major changes to the story delivery, animations, gameplay systems, visuals, etc.

The Witcher wasn't a famous game at all when it came out. The changes in the enhanced edition made it an RPG classic.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Crossel777 said:

The Witcher 1 released the enhanced edition which made major changes to the story delivery, animations, gameplay systems, visuals, etc.

The Witcher wasn't a famous game at all when it came out. The changes in the enhanced edition made it an RPG classic.

Well. Square Enix is not CD Project.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Probably not.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@Legend500:

FF13 is a massive financial success..... Sold millions of copies. So did 13-2.....

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

No point, plus they would have to redo the first two too side they were garbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

@jhonMalcovich said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Crossel777 said:

Well. Square Enix is not CD Project.

This. Not many developers are willing to offer a free overhaul of their game to fix issues and The Witcher 1 pre-patch was still a good game that got great reviews. FFXIV got a reboot simply because it was complete epic failure of an MMORPG. Square-Enix where forced into having to fix it because it was an MMORPG with a monthly fee that has a huge life span, not to mention it was putting a dent in the franchises name.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
@Netret0120 said:

@Legend500:

FF13 is a massive financial success..... Sold millions of copies. So did 13-2.....

Only because it had the name Final Fantasy and it the first next generation FF at the time and the trailer sparked major interest. Only when people actually played it did the hate for this game start overflowing. FFXIII-2 sold under half as many. Over 3 million jumped ship on this series of games. 3 million wondering why SE continued make sequel to a game nobody liked. Now let's fast forward to the future,

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/27/lightning-returns-lowest-opening-sales-final-fantasy-xiii-game/

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/11/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-continues-series-sale-decline/

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII launches in Japan with low sales of 277k

It just keeps falling and falling. Square-Enix can only dream they where back to selling 10 million per game. The FFXIII is a failure in that it only managed to stray people a way from liking the FF franchise anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if this disaster has a massive effect on Final Fantasy XV's sales. People are jumping ship with every game release.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#14 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I don't see this happening at all, but I suppose Square-Enix has wasted their resources on worse things.

Speaking of, I've been curious about A Realm Reborn. I don't do MMOs and I have no interest in paying a monthly fee for something I may not pick up enough in the month, but what I've seen of the game looks good. Maybe someday I'll check it out.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

It won't happen, plus who the hell would want to play through 13's awful characters again?