Will Halo 3's siingle player be weak like Halo 2's your guys thoughts

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FatBoyNotSlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FatBoyNotSlim
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
well im a huge fan of Halo dont get me wrong this is not a Wii or PS3 fanboy bashing. so where to start ah yes Halo 2 well i beat the game and felt kinda unsatisfied with the single player it was good but Halo 1 single player was better. now with Halo 3 and the end of the fight except for Halo Wars i wonder and beg for a better single player experience cause the multiplayer on Halo will only take the game so far. plus Killzone is coming out not that im scared of it killing Halo (like that would ever happen) but without single player Killzone might put a hurt on the best shooterive played and one of the best games the 360 has. so your thoughts people.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

I actually enjoyed Halo 2's campaign very much.

Anyways, since Bungie isn't being rushed by MS like they were previously, they are able to optimize things fully and do things THEIR way in this installment, so I'd fully expect it to be better.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

yes. Bungie admitted they did not spend the time they needed with Halo 2's sp.

they are working hard to make a great campaign to end an epic trilogy.

so - OF COURSE.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Bansheesdie
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts
From the look of things thus far, Bungie is putting their recourses more into single player then multiplayer for H3. Bungie is about to enter crunch mode in preparation for September, so this is the time when their best will come out.
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts

I'm pretty sure it will be better than Halo 2's SP, but will it meet the next-gen standards?

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts
hope they have learned from their mistakes...and halo 3 will be a blast
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
I didn't think Halo 2's campaign was bad, but I hope Halo 3's is much better nonetheless.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

well im a huge fan of Halo dont get me wrong this is not a Wii or PS3 fanboy bashing. so where to start ah yes Halo 2 well i beat the game and felt kinda unsatisfied with the single player it was good but Halo 1 single player was better. now with Halo 3 and the end of the fight except for Halo Wars i wonder and beg for a better single player experience cause the multiplayer on Halo will only take the game so far. plus Killzone is coming out not that im scared of it killing Halo (like that would ever happen) but without single player Killzone might put a hurt on the best shooterive played and one of the best games the 360 has. so your thoughts people.FatBoyNotSlim

Halo 3 plays much more like Halo 1 so that alone will probably help towards the campaign gameplay. The story wont end with a cliffhanger or atleast not anywhere close to like it did in Halo 2 since its the end so you wont have to worry about that. So those 2 points alone fix a lot of what was wrong with halo 2's campaign. Now another large problem was the AI, the brute's were pretty boring to fight since they didnt do much to you but now they have had time to really work on the AI and make it smarter.

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts
Halo rocked, Halo 2 not so much. I expect Halo 3 to be better than Halo 2 , but I'm not sure it can match the fun of Halo. So time will tell.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _en1gma_

I'm pretty sure it will be better than Halo 2's SP, but will it meet the next-gen standards?

D00nut

and those are?

D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 D00nut
[QUOTE="D00nut"]

_en1gma_

and those are?

Oh you know... :P
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Halo 2 had the best FPS single player ever imo. Seriously, see sig.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bansheesdie

Now another large problem was the AI, the brute's were pretty boring to fight since they didnt do much to you but now they have had time to really work on the AI and make it smarter. justforlotr2004

Bungie has completely reworked the AI, in Brutes especially. Watch this. The Brute Pack is going to be an amazing AI feature.

Finale-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Finale-
Member since 2007 • 981 Posts
Halo has a story?
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="D00nut"]

D00nut

and those are?

shiny textures? motion-sensing? using a psp to look at the rear view-mirror? :P

Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blue-Sphere
Member since 2006 • 1972 Posts
I doubt it. Bungie themselves realized how they botched the SP in H2, and will make sure H3's SP will be great.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#17 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

I thought Halo 2's campaign was better than the first. It didn't have the redundancy, or the "forwardtracking" to hindered the first. I always thought it was odd how people rip on the second ones campaign when it essentially fixed the issues people complained about on the first.

I blame it on sophomore syndrome.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _en1gma_

Halo has a story?Finale-

yes. and it comes with great quality and a lot of depth.

who woulda thunk it?

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"]Now another large problem was the AI, the brute's were pretty boring to fight since they didnt do much to you but now they have had time to really work on the AI and make it smarter. Bansheesdie

Bungie has completely reworked the AI, in Brutes especially. Watch this. The Brute Pack is going to be an amazing AI feature.

Yeah, Id like to see it in action though. Mabye they might show some single player fights against the brutes at E3, that would be a nice showing imo.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
I enjoyed Halo 2's single player a lot. I still think Halo 3's will be better.
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts
Yes it will be.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -RPGamer-

Halo has a story?Finale-

Yeah a pretty good one at that.

D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 D00nut
[QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="D00nut"]

_en1gma_

and those are?

Exactly! What am I going to do when I can't see what's behind me in my warthog!?
HeHateMe_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HeHateMe_basic
Member since 2002 • 7161 Posts
Master Chief has a son.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Spartan070
Halo has a story?Finale-
Yeas, the best of any FPS series in many peoples' opinion.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bansheesdie
I thought Halo 2's campaign was better than the first. It didn't have the redundancy, or the "forwardtracking" to hindered the first. I always thought it was odd how people rip on the second ones campaign when it essentially fixed the issues people complained about on the first.

-RPGamer-

Thats a good point actually.

Realistically though, what I most disliked about Halo 2s story were the original Arbiter missions. They just did not fit, they may have continued the Aribiter's story towards what is happening in Halo 3, but they should have been structured differently.. Halo was always about killing the Covenant and destroying Halo and the Arbiter's original missions didn't have that. Now granted the last couple were spot on and probably the best in the entire game.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="D00nut"]

D00nut

and those are?

Exactly! What am I going to do when I can't see what's behind me in my warthog!?

i have this crazy idea. it may just work.

turn. AROUND. :o

:D

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _en1gma_

-RPGamer-

i just fealt that it lost a lot of the atmosphere and a lot of the great feel that Halo CE had.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _en1gma_

[QUOTE="Finale-"]Halo has a story?Spartan070

I personally think the story is up there with KOTOR. :o

I said it!

D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 D00nut
[QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="D00nut"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="D00nut"]

_en1gma_

and those are?

i have this crazy idea. it may just work.

turn. AROUND. :o

:D

:shock:Are you insane!? The 360 is not capable of doing things like that! That's not going to be in games until like Xbox 720!
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _en1gma_

:shock:Are you insane!? The 360 is not capable of doing things like that! That's not going to be in games until like Xbox 720!

it just doesnt have the processing power like the cell has...

i mean. c'mon. its a supercomputer

maybe next gen for the lemmings... tsk tsk

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

_en1gma_

i just fealt that it lost a lot of the atmosphere and a lot of the great feel that Halo CE had.

Which is why I think it's the sophomore syndrome. See the problem with second releases, or anything past the first really, is that you will never feel the same, b/c it will never be "new" again to you. It's a form of bias (don't take the word the wrong way, it's not negative).

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="Finale-"]Halo has a story?_en1gma_

I personally think the story is up there with KOTOR. :o

I said it!

Oh know you didn't :o. Now that i really think about it, it is Halo haves so much depth and a very good atmosphere
mikasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mikasa
Member since 2003 • 4060 Posts

Suposedly much more like the 1st but mo' better.

And multiplayer is a lot like the 2nd, but mo' better. It has the making of being a perfect 10 on GS.

D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 D00nut

-RPGamer-
I can agree with you on some parts, but after about the first3 levels of Halo 2everything started to go a bit downhill. I guess the same could be said about Halo's campaign but Halo 2's just didn't have a similar feel that I enjoyed.
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bansheesdie

Which is why I think it's the sophomore syndrome. See the problem with second releases, or anything past the first really, is that you will never feel the same, b/c it will never be "new" again to you. It's a form of bias (don't take the word the wrong way, it's not negative).-RPGamer-

I kinda said that in my last post, which I edited. Overall Halo 2 kept that atmosphere and feel of the first I felt, with the exception of the original Arbiter missions.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

-RPGamer-

Which is why I think it's the sophomore syndrome. See the problem with second releases, or anything past the first really, is that you will never feel the same, b/c it will never be "new" again to you. It's a form of bias (don't take the word the wrong way, it's not negative).

I see. Halo 2's style of gameplay just changed so dramatically (it really did), it just didn't feel like Halo CE.

Not just that, but the way the story was set up in Halo CE, it had this epic feel to it. Halo 2 just didnt have that for me.

However, Bungie did admit that they didn't spend as much time on the SP as they needed to. So if they say that, we can all expect Halo 3's campaign to be amazing.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"] I thought Halo 2's campaign was better than the first. It didn't have the redundancy, or the "forwardtracking" to hindered the first. I always thought it was odd how people rip on the second ones campaign when it essentially fixed the issues people complained about on the first.

Bansheesdie

Thats a good point actually.

Realistically though, what I most disliked about Halo 2s story were the original Arbiter missions. They just did not fit, they may have continued the Aribiter's story towards what is happening in Halo 3, but they should have been structured differently.. Halo was always about killing the Covenant and destroying Halo and the Arbiter's original missions didn't have that. Now granted the last couple were spot on and probably the best in the entire game.

Yet that's also fixing issues with the original that it was too much of the same. Tossing in the other side, making you care about the very enemy you're supposed to be killing is actually a neat form of story telling when you get down to it. Yes I agree that Halo:CE was about what you just mentioned, but Halo 2 was not Halo:CE, things change.

freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

well im a huge fan of Halo dont get me wrong this is not a Wii or PS3 fanboy bashing. so where to start ah yes Halo 2 well i beat the game and felt kinda unsatisfied with the single player it was good but Halo 1 single player was better. now with Halo 3 and the end of the fight except for Halo Wars i wonder and beg for a better single player experience cause the multiplayer on Halo will only take the game so far. plus Killzone is coming out not that im scared of it killing Halo (like that would ever happen) but without single player Killzone might put a hurt on the best shooterive played and one of the best games the 360 has. so your thoughts people.FatBoyNotSlim

I think Halo 3's single player will fix most of the issues with Halo 2's single player...

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

_en1gma_

I see. Halo 2's style of gameplay just changed so dramatically (it really did), it just didn't feel like Halo CE.

Not just that, but the way the story was set up in Halo CE, it had this epic feel to it. Halo 2 just didnt have that for me.

However, Bungie did admit that they didn't spend as much time on the SP as they needed to. So if they say that, we can all expect Halo 3's campaign to be amazing.

I blame MGS for any issues with "time" that Bungie has had with Halo:CE and Halo2.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

How is any game supposed to live up to the hype that (many) people like us place on them. I'm not asking for perfect, all I expect is a few grins and a a few hours of entertainment.

I found the sp fun and the co-op great.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bansheesdie

Yet that's also fixing issues with the original that it was too much of the same. Tossing in the other side, making you care about the very enemy you're supposed to be killing is actually a neat form of story telling when you get down to it. Yes I agree that Halo:CE was about what you just mentioned, but Halo 2 was not Halo:CE, things change.-RPGamer-

The beginning of Halo 2 is like when you are doing something and half-way through your told to start doing the opposite, but being promised that you will end in the same place.

I understand that the Arbiter missions were meant for players to be reacquainted with the Covenant, but saying you will make players do that then facing them off against the very people you are supposed to be learn about is wierd. Especially when H3 is all about killing Covenant and destroying Halo.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -RPGamer-

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]Yet that's also fixing issues with the original that it was too much of the same. Tossing in the other side, making you care about the very enemy you're supposed to be killing is actually a neat form of story telling when you get down to it. Yes I agree that Halo:CE was about what you just mentioned, but Halo 2 was not Halo:CE, things change.Bansheesdie

The beginning of Halo 2 is like when you are doing something and half-way through your told to start doing the opposite, but being promised that you will end in the same place.

I understand that the Arbiter missions were meant for players to be reacquainted with the Covenant, but saying you will make players do that then facing them off against the very people you are supposed to be learn about is wierd. Especially when H3 is all about killing Covenant and destroying Halo.

Are we sure we really know what Halo 3 is actually about? What roles the Arbiter and John have?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Spartan070

Especially when H3 is all about killing Covenant and destroying Halo.

Bansheesdie

I totally disagree. Halo is about Earths/the humans survival. "Killing the Covenant" was always the agreed upon theory of how to do so. That's obviously not what Bungie had or has in mind.

The Covenant are not one entity, the very word covenant means many different people gathered together. Therefore if one branch of the Covenant is the enemy that doesn't mean all of the Covenant is the enemy, especially when there is a massive schism that divides the Covenant in two.

Also remember that the Spartans used the Covenant Engineers as help in "The Third Strike", they even repaired the Chiefs armor.

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
Why doesnt it look like the trailers? I mean its not even close. And after seeing bioshock and ME I wonder why the 360's most anticipated game cannot look better than Halo 2.5
Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bansheesdie
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]I understand that the Arbiter missions were meant for players to be reacquainted with the Covenant, but saying you will make players do that then facing them off against the very people you are supposed to be learn about is wierd. Especially when H3 is all about killing Covenant and destroying Halo.

-RPGamer-

Are we sure we really know what Halo 3 is actually about? What roles the Arbiter and John have?

Since we have no idea were H3 will start I can't say completely truthfully. It is obvious though that the Arbiter, Johnson, and Keyes are all coming back and that Elites are now allied with humans. Halo 3 isgoing to be largely about killing and driving the Covenant under Truth off Earth. Then of course the Flood will factor in somehow, and I have my own theories.

I may have spoken too soon because I, and everyone else, have no idea what Halo 3s story is.

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bansheesdie

Why doesnt it look like the trailers? I mean its not even close. And after seeing bioshock and ME I wonder why the 360's most anticipated game cannot look better than Halo 2.5Hir0_N

Single player graphics will be me much better then multiplayer. Bungie said last year that the E3 graphics are exactly what they are shooting for in real gameplay, and what they expect.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -RPGamer-
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]I understand that the Arbiter missions were meant for players to be reacquainted with the Covenant, but saying you will make players do that then facing them off against the very people you are supposed to be learn about is wierd. Especially when H3 is all about killing Covenant and destroying Halo.

Bansheesdie

Since we have no idea were H3 will start I can't say completely truthfully. It is obvious though that the Arbiter, Johnson, and Keyes are all coming back and that Elites are now allied with humans. Halo 3 isgoing to be largely about killing and driving the Covenant under Truth off Earth. Then of course the Flood will factor in somehow, and I have my own theories.

I may have spoken too soon because I, and everyone else, have no idea what Halo 3s story is.

So wait, if you think (not to say you're wrong, sounds very possible) that the we're going to be fighting along side the Elites, wouldn't that nullify "is all about killing Covenant"?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
[QUOTE="Bansheesdie"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"][QUOTE="Bansheesdie"]I understand that the Arbiter missions were meant for players to be reacquainted with the Covenant, but saying you will make players do that then facing them off against the very people you are supposed to be learn about is wierd. Especially when H3 is all about killing Covenant and destroying Halo.

-RPGamer-

So wait, if you think (not to say you're wrong, sounds very possible) that the we're going to be fighting along side the Elites, wouldn't that nullify "is all about killing Covenant"?

the elites arent apart of the covenant anymore..

Bansheesdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bansheesdie
I totally disagree. Halo is about Earths/the humans survival. "Killing the Covenant" was always the agreed upon theory of how to do so. That's obviously not what Bungie had or has in mind.

The Covenant are not one entity, the very word covenant means many different people gathered together. Therefore if one branch of the Covenant is the enemy that doesn't mean all of the Covenant is the enemy, especially when there is a massive schism that divides the Covenant in two.

Also remember that the Spartans used the Covenant Engineers as help in "The Third Strike", they even repaired the Chiefs armor.Spartan070

The Covenant though means all the aliens under the Prophets, though its under Truth now becaues Regret and Mercy are both dead. And to win back Earth and save humanity the Covenant will need to be defeated and driven out, plus the Flood will have to be dealt with.