WiiU, such a great platform

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

haha thats 1 of the problems with wiiu, ninty need to make it as cheap as possible because it isnt good enough to be the main system and who likes paying £150+ for a side bitch? not me. not to mention the ridiculous prices of ninty games, those motherfuckers never go lower than £30 no matter how old they are

Some of them do go below 30 pounds. Namely, the bad ones like Other M.

Thing about Nintendo game is that they tend to have legs, and thus maintain sales for a long time, not really prompting Nintendo to lower the price. In a worst case scenario they even go up in price. Where I live, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance costs over over 70 pounds... for a used copy.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I was expecting something kind of funny but that was rather lame tbh Champ. That said, I dunno how it's possible to release such a piece of shit system as the WiiU. From the conceptual stage to the marketing the thing is just a joke. Too bad I love Nintendo games I guess.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Its literally just a means to play Nintendo games. As a system, its garbage.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#54 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

LOLZ wii u still has mario remakes and spinoffs

When was the last remake of a Mario game? Seriously, do people understand the MEANING of the term "remake"? Remake is something like Metroid: Zero Mission, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pokemon: FireRed/LeafGreen + HeartGold/SoulSilver, MGS: Twin Snakes, RE(make) 1, and Mega Man: Powered Up. Not every follow up to a Mario platformer.

Nintendo has been making the same games over and over with mario,zelda,smash,starfox,metriod ect ect ect .....How many games have they made based on the same shit for decades.

Yes, ignore the games that doesn't stick out.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#55 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Nintendo has been making the same games over and over with mario,zelda,smash,starfox,metriod ect ect ect .....How many games have they made based on the same shit for decades.

First off, Metroid hasn't been seen in four years. Star Fox (bar 64 3D) hasn't been seen in eight years and people beg their asses to get them back (same with Pikmin, which was gone nearly ten years, so there's some flip-flopping there).

Second off, STILL supporting their leading IP's? Catering to the fans that still want them? What, are you asking them to completely kill off Mario/Zelda/Pokemon? Do you have any idea what a mess that would cause? You might as well ask them to completely kill their relationships with their fans and last I checked, they get shit for "not listening" to them in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#56 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Poor Wii U, rest in pieces. You won't be missed...

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

@charizard1605: I brought mine for Bayonetta 2 and W101. MONSTER HUNTER 4 I was assuming would be on the WiiU too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Haha nice. Why can't System Warriors assemble topics as thorough as this guys video? It seems like they used to at least.

I feel bad for anyone who only games on a Nintendo console... wonder if we have any of those here.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

I was expecting something kind of funny but that was rather lame tbh Champ.

The **** out of here, the hat, the whatever them shits are called you blow during new years, it's terrific. The videos a little long, but I didn't know how to shorten it to just the part I wanted, so I said **** it.

@ConanTheStoner said:

Haha nice. Why can't System Warriors assemble topics as thorough as this guys video?

System Wars has maintained its consistency in stupidity and shitty debating, but never on the same level of sheer entertainment. Yoo-Foo never got the appreciation he deserved.

Avatar image for Wolfman-Classic
Wolfman-Classic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Wolfman-Classic
Member since 2002 • 9449 Posts

Wii U is a disease, Nintendo is disgusting and needs to seppuku.

The Sheep have been owned.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I remember that dude talking about Xenoblade. He does numbers so well, and his voice is God like. For some reason, I expected that dude to be featured in this multiplat vid.

Like I said, he does numbers and presentation really well. And he's not some Nintendo hater. It just so happens to he isn't blind to what's happening.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ConanTheStoner

Haha, yoo-foo... behind the troll facade, he usually had something worth saying. A rare breed of cow no doubt.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

See? This is a good System Wars thread. Newcomers take notes.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Isn't the Wii U in second place worldwide ahead of the Xbox One though?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#66 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@general_solo76 said:

Isn't the Wii U in second place worldwide ahead of the Xbox One though?

Yes, but only because it released sooner. Not that the Xbone will ever be a big seller...

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Blackbond said:

The Wii U is a joke of a system and anybody who says otherwise is either too young to remember Nintendo or too stupid to accept the truth.

How did you ever win SW king making idiotic statements like that? Wii U is the only console that has a place beside a gaming PC.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#68 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

WiiU is a great system.

It's a shame that a lot of games that SHOULD run on the console aren't COMING to the console

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Heirren said:

It is a great console. It is nintendo coming back to their roots.

The nes and Snes had an amazing 3rd party, I wouldn't say they're going back to their roots at all.

They're going back in the sense that they see their audience again. They took a risk with the wiiu trying to get the past wii generation in addition to a piece of the xbox/playstation side of things as well. Unfortunately for them a large amount of the wii buyers were those that ended up not buying another game console. They got their wii sports and that was that for videogames. Now, though, you can see the focus. The third party situation is nintendo not willing to take that full dive into dlc. I know they have some form of their own but the games are always polished and complete. Then there is the other part of it with 3rd parties not willing to take a risk on any innovation with their pad or even bother with the console at all.

It is partially nintendos fault. That is obvious. However, people make this brash assumption that they just don't want 3rd parties bringing games to them. They are a games company. Buying out is risky for them.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts
@verbtex said:

See? This is a good System Wars thread. Newcomers take notes.

OP is a blank post with a link to a Youtube video lool

Video is really well made. Which is why you should debate on and support this Youtubers channel, not this piss poor, shit excuse of a thread.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Pretty sure it has been well known for the last two years that you shouldn't buy a Wii-U as your primary console. Unless you really like playing only Nintendo and Ubisoft games.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Heil68 said:

WiiU as your only console would suck so hard.

I can't even.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

But the Xbone and PS4 don't have Bayonetta 2.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ActicEdge

@jg4xchamp said:

@ActicEdge said:

I was expecting something kind of funny but that was rather lame tbh Champ.

The **** out of here, the hat, the whatever them shits are called you blow during new years, it's terrific. The videos a little long, but I didn't know how to shorten it to just the part I wanted, so I said **** it.

It's not the fact that it's long, it's that it's not funny in any way shape or form. I mean come on Champ. Of all the shit on the net you think this is funny? The video is true, very true. But it's not funny.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@Blackbond said:

The Wii U is a joke of a system and anybody who says otherwise is either too young to remember Nintendo or too stupid to accept the truth.

How did you ever win SW king making idiotic statements like that? Wii U is the only console that has a place beside a gaming PC.

Not everyone has to like what you like. Believe it or not, the PS4 and Xbox One do have some good exclusives, or games not on PC, and some people like myself may like to play some multiplats on them for different reasons, even if they have a gaming PC.

The Wii U is not worthless. Some people find it's worth owning now and that's fine. It is a bit of a joke though compared to the other systems when you consider the lack of third party support, and the gamepad, which was supposed to be the big selling point for the console has generally failed to catch on with gamers and developers.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@coasterguy65 said:

Pretty sure it has been well known for the last two years that you shouldn't buy a Wii-U as your primary console. Unless you really like playing only Nintendo and Ubisoft games.

Shit man, I haven't been able to view a Nintendo console as a primary since the SNES lol.

Always gotta have em, but can't depend on them to do the heavy lifting.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

WiiU was a console I got for Christmas a month after it came out. Didn't ask for it, was a surprise from my parents.

While I've enjoyed a few games on it- ZombiU, 3D World, Mario Kart..... other games such as Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 I find to be very overrated.

Luckily it's not the only current gen console I own, but it's definitely the worst console I've ever owned.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 foxhound_fox
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Games/year (including handheld/mobile)/(console only):

Sony

• God of War has seen 7 games in the past 9 years (.778)/(.556)
  • Uncharted has seen 4 games in 7 years (.571)/(.429)
  • Killzone has seen 6 games in 10 years (.600)/(.400)
  • Gran Turismo has seen 8 games in 17 years (.471)/(.353)

Microsoft

• Forza Motorsport has seen 7 games in 9 years (.778)/(.778)
  • Gears of War has seen 4 games in 8 years (.500)/(.500)
  • Halo has seen 9 games in 13 years (.692)/(.692)

Nintendo

• Zelda has seen 15 games in 28 years (.536)/(.286)
  • Mario (the platformer) has seen 18 games in 29 years (.621)/(.414)
  • Metroid has seen 11 games 28 years (.391)/(.214)

I'm not sure why Nintendo is the only one at fault for this "remaking same games over and over" bullshit. If anything, Sony and Microsoft are more at fault, as they release more games over less time. After crunching the numbers, I'm surprised God of War is so high.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By foxhound_fox
@Maroxad said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

haha thats 1 of the problems with wiiu, ninty need to make it as cheap as possible because it isnt good enough to be the main system and who likes paying £150+ for a side bitch? not me. not to mention the ridiculous prices of ninty games, those motherfuckers never go lower than £30 no matter how old they are

Some of them do go below 30 pounds. Namely, the bad ones like Other M.

Unless you live in Canada and patronize Wal-Mart. I posted this once before thinking it was a pricing error. But I saw it again a few days ago at a different location at the same price. Have no idea what's going on here. Other Wii and Wii U games only went up $5 and then it was only the popular ones like Mario Kart 8.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ConanTheStoner

@foxhound_fox said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Sony

Microsoft

Nintendo

I'm not sure why Nintendo is the only one at fault for this "remaking same games over and over" bullshit. If anything, Sony and Microsoft are more at fault, as they release more games over less time. After crunching the numbers, I'm surprised God of War is so high.

And to make matters worse for his argument, Nintendo franchises typically see more variation from one sequel to the next than the games you listed from the Sony/MS camps.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jg4xchamp

@foxhound_fox said:

But the Xbone and PS4 don't have Bayonetta 2.

The #1 reason the air purifier is even in my game room.

@ActicEdge said:

It's not the fact that it's long, it's that it's not funny in any way shape or form. I mean come on Champ. Of all the shit on the net you think this is funny? The video is true, very true. But it's not funny.

Please his dead pan look and delivery with stating 100% facts makes it plenty funny. You're just a Canadian curmudgeon.

Peanutbutterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Peanutbutterz
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I got a Wii U not expecting much 3rd party support, I got a Wii U strictly for Nintendo content. Pretty much the same thing went for the Wii, not just for me but for tens of millions of Wii owners who did nothing more than buy Nintendo IPs. Playing all those other games not on the Wii U, that's a reason to go buy an XBO or PS4. Again, I chose to get a Wii U to play Nintendo stuff, I had no illusions that the Wii U would be basked in next gen multiplats.

The thing is, the real idiots are those that expect anything more from the Wii U, like this guy in the video and everyone else that agrees with him. That's like ripping on your ice box for not making toast.

I agree with this. If you take the Wii U for what it is, it's a great system. If you're buying the Wii U to play Nintendo titles, you will not be disappointed in the quality at all. It has titles that no other system has (or will ever have), and the titles aren't garbage; they're actually great games.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ActicEdge

@jg4xchamp said:

@ActicEdge said:

Please his dead pan look and delivery with stating 100% facts makes it plenty funny. You're just a Canadian curmudgeon.

:( That hurts

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 foxhound_fox

@ConanTheStoner said:

And to make matters worse for his argument, Nintendo franchises typically see more variation from one sequel to the next than the games you listed from the Sony/MS camps.

I was going to mention that, but I let the numbers speak for themselves.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Haha nice. Why can't System Warriors assemble topics as thorough as this guys video?

System Wars has maintained its consistency in stupidity and shitty debating, but never on the same level of sheer entertainment. Yoo-Foo never got the appreciation he deserved.

Gingerdivid was better but both were the best trolls ever in the history of SWs.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Literally just a means to play games. That's a gaming console for you. You put in the game and then you play it. The PS4 and Xbone can do more because at this point they are gimped PC's not consoles. They are PC's that you can't upgrade with closed ecosystems.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Sony

Microsoft

Nintendo

If all Sony and MS had were the same games you would have a valid point. Sony has 1st party/2nd party and 3rd party basically the most games on console. As seen on the video Nindendo is missing 150 game choices already. Add in the worst online gaming and not even blu-ray playback with 32gb of storage (same as many cell phones) with the weaksauce hardware and the value of the wii u is a joke.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 no-scope-AK47

@farrell2k said:

People buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games. Why is this so hard to understand for some?

That group is shrinking fast obviously. Why because Nintendo made a niche console with so many drawbacks at a high price with crappy online gaming. Obviously for the hardcore sheep they don't care about sales. For Nintendo to continue to stay in the console market they have to sell hardware and software.

When you have a year head start and your console cost less but you still can't sell it your brand has major problems.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@jg4xchamp said:

So much greatness

ahahahhahahaha !! So funny video...

Well , thats why im fighting the last month with sheeps when they come with ridiculous claims like " PS4 has no games " " Wii U has the best games " " Wii U destroys everything " and such idiotic things when they missing massive amount of AAA caliber games ...And that gap will get even bigger every month...

Now i know how ill make em shut up instantly with just a link without much blabla.... Thnx for that.

I would love to see the list a year or 2 from now lol...

Truth is...PS4 has no games...sorry but i won't buy a console for TLOU remake when i played the game in all his glory on the PS3, while WiiU has tons of exclusives worth checking...as for multiplats, well i got a decent gaming PC and yes, this might be coming from a Sheep, but a Sheep that is not afraid to tell that PS3 was my favorite console last gen.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91  Edited By verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

@Thunderdrone: I was more referencing the way people are responding than the OP. None of the stupid memes or common dribble that have been seen in times previous. Sorry for the confusion.

GrandGrv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#92 GrandGrv
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts
Loading Video...

What About This Game ? :D

*The Boobs Pinball*

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Sony

Microsoft

Nintendo

Probably because that's basically all there is to play most of the time on Nintendo systems. Having almost no 3rd party is a big hit.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@RR360DD said:

Literally just a means to play games. That's a gaming console for you. You put in the game and then you play it. The PS4 and Xbone can do more because at this point they are gimped PC's not consoles. They are PC's that you can't upgrade with closed ecosystems.

Thats not what i said.

If the PS4 or XOne console were literally just a means to play Sony or Microsoft games, i wouldn't go near them either.

Nintendos first party may be better, but it nowhere near makes up for the complete lack of third party games.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 no-scope-AK47

@grandgrv said:
Loading Video...

What About This Game ? :D

*The Boobs Pinball*

Nintendo needs all the games it can get lolz. How do you sell a game console missing 90 percent (being nice) of 3rd party software???

Your choices are Nintendo basically with limited game types and styles with crappy online gaming support. Add in the weak sauce hardware and there is no compelling reason to buy a wii u for the average gamer. If the wii u was 150 bucks maybe you could overlook some of the glaring faults but it is only 100 bucks cheaper than the ps4 and x1. Most people already have a ps3 and/or 360 no reason to upgrade to a wii u and miss out on all the games just to play mario kart.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Another Nintendo has no third-party support thread. It totally gets more interesting for everytime it gets posted. I look forward to the next one in 1-2 weeks.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@AzatiS said:

@jg4xchamp said:

So much greatness

ahahahhahahaha !! So funny video...

Well , thats why im fighting the last month with sheeps when they come with ridiculous claims like " PS4 has no games " " Wii U has the best games " " Wii U destroys everything " and such idiotic things when they missing massive amount of AAA caliber games ...And that gap will get even bigger every month...

Now i know how ill make em shut up instantly with just a link without much blabla.... Thnx for that.

I would love to see the list a year or 2 from now lol...

Truth is...PS4 has no games...sorry but i won't buy a console for TLOU remake when i played the game in all his glory on the PS3, while WiiU has tons of exclusives worth checking...as for multiplats, well i got a decent gaming PC and yes, this might be coming from a Sheep, but a Sheep that is not afraid to tell that PS3 was my favorite console last gen.

155 missing games as of last month for what ... 3 exclusives worth mention ? Mario / KArt / Smash ? A year from now might be 250 missing games or more ... No ill pass , keep your mario and kart im ok with Sonic All stars if i want a decent Kart game or there are sooooo many platform games , doesnt matter if its not mario , Rayman did the trick for me last gen , had tons of fun and im not even a platform lover.

For every exclusive Wii U has worth mention , mario/kart/smash that is as of now , i can bring up 10 worthwhile titles to counter each of them ... So please ..with exclusives all the time. Thats the reason why you saying PS4 has no games ? Really ? Because of 3-4 games ? Ok !! 155 vs 4 !! Nice deal.

Im not playing exclusives im playing video games and many of my favorite ones are multis which Wii U will never have. Its not for no reason why every single sheep out there will end up with a second platform soon or later , if most dont have already !! That my friend is a fact and theres a strong reason why is happening / will happen. Just accept the facts and move on

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@no-scope-AK47 said:

Sony

Microsoft

Nintendo

Oh , what logic is this ... what is your IQ !!!? :)

The problem is not how many games .... its the fact that every single generation since SNES or N64 if you like , Nintendo provides almost the very same IPs !

Lets see here

GT = PS1 new IP

God of War = PS2 new IP

Uncharted = PS3 new IP

Do you get it now ? Zelda / Mario and Metroid are like what .... 30 years old !! Solid games ? Sure but ... same titles and experience , especially when it comes to Smash and Kart or in some cases worse experience than older releases ( for example Twilight princess worse than OoT or SSBB worse than melle)

That is why people getting tired already and the issue here is that ... new age of gamers .. dont feel this nostalgia and dont give a crap about Mario or Metroid or Kart and thats what killing Wii U this very moment ! Newcomers into video gaming dont give a crap !

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By foxhound_fox

@no-scope-AK47 said:

If all Sony and MS had were the same games you would have a valid point. Sony has 1st party/2nd party and 3rd party basically the most games on console. As seen on the video Nindendo is missing 150 game choices already. Add in the worst online gaming and not even blu-ray playback with 32gb of storage (same as many cell phones) with the weaksauce hardware and the value of the wii u is a joke.

Online gaming and blu-ray playback are functions of other devices not suited to console gaming. The storage can be expanded infinitely with the user's choice of external HDD's (including 2-4TB devices) and the hardware is capable of 1080p @ 60 fps (in as many cases as the PS4 and Xbone). You seem to have made a conclusion and are reaching for reasons to support it.

The Wii U has been good at one thing all this time since it's release: delivering stellar, varied, first party experiences.

@glez13 said:

Probably because that's basically all there is to play most of the time on Nintendo systems. Having almost no 3rd party is a big hit.

"Basically all there is to play" despite the Wii U having the most highly-rated exclusives of all "next-gen" consoles on Metacritic and that won't be changing until well into 2015 (IIRC, it has more than the other two platforms combined). People seem to hold Nintendo to this unrealistically high standard, and then don't apply the same logic to Sony and Microsoft, despite them being guilty of the same things.

@AzatiS said:

Oh , what logic is this ... what is your IQ !!!? :)

The problem is not how many games .... its the fact that every single generation since SNES or N64 if you like , Nintendo provides almost the very same IPs !

Do you get it now ? Zelda / Mario and Metroid are like what .... 30 years old !! Solid games ? Sure but ... same titles and experience , especially when it comes to Smash and Kart or in some cases worse experience than older releases ( for example Twilight princess worse than OoT or SSBB worse than melle)

That is why people getting tired already and the issue here is that ... new age of gamers .. dont feel this nostalgia and dont give a crap about Mario or Metroid or Kart and thats what killing Wii U this very moment ! Newcomers into video gaming dont give a crap !

Most of Nintendo's first party game franchises see more varied changes to their basic formula than Sony/MS's "new" first party IP's. How many similarities were there between Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess? Aside from the basic formula of "Zelda is kidnapped by Ganon, Link needs to save the day, goes to find tools to get through dungeons" almost nothing was the same (and IIRC, Majora's Mask's story was entirely contrary to the established formula).

How much has God of War, Uncharted, Forza Motorsport and Killzone changed, fundamentally, over the years they have been available? Almost nothing.

Nintendo is held to a completely different standard for originality it seems, and Sony and MS are given free passes to pass off the exact same experiences every generation only if they put a new coat of paint over them (i.e. a "new IP").

Should we bring in the ratings argument? How many main-line Mario and Zelda games have scored below 95 on Metacritic? How many God of War's, Killzones, Halos and Gears of Wars? Some of the highest rated games OF ALL TIME are Nintendo games.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jg4xchamp

@Litchie said:

Another Nintendo has no third-party support thread. It totally gets more interesting for everytime it gets posted. I look forward to the next one in 1-2 weeks.

So you showed your apathy for this topic, by posting in it.

Smooth play there sport.