Wii -- The ONLY CONSOLE EVER to have the WORST games with the most software.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts
Every console that has had the most games has hada great selection of games to choose from. Not so with Wii. Wii is changing that trend. It will be the ONLY console in history to have the most games and the worst selection. :? Do you know how pathetic that truly is? Look at PS2. Sure, it has tons of bad games. But the console itself has the most games for last gen and the best selection of gamees. It won't happen with Wii. Wii may have the most games this gen, but it will have the worst selection of games to choose from. Thistrend hasNEVER EVER HAPPENED and is going to with Wii.Good job developers! Thanks for taking Wii seriously! :roll:
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
you would be right if the wii had the most games. devs haven't gotten to that level yet. we've yet to see many games to actually start development on the wii.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

Most games are rushed PS2 ports. What did you expect?

Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grasshopper_12
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts

Good job comparing a 6 year old console to a 1/2 year old one. Oh and there is no way of knowing which console will have the best games at the end of the generation at this point.

Geez... try planning out your thoughts better next time you make a topic bashing a system.

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

The Wii doesn't have the most games now, the Xbox 360 does (as far as this current gen)

But I agree a lot of the Wii is 5.0-scoring crap. I can high-five you on that one.

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

yea i agree

wii will have the most worst games ever

and a few good games

not great

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I seem to somehow have bought 7 Wii games from the point the system game out.....And their are more I want yet can not afford....Nope no lack of games to me

And yes the PS2 had a great number of games that also because the PS1 was hot and companies kept going with it....Nintendo just came off of a very dead system so a number of companies still do not know what to think

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AvIdGaMeR444

The Wii doesn't have the most games now, the Xbox 360 does (as far as this current gen)

But I agree a lot of the Wii is 5.0-scoring crap. I can high-five you on that one.

PhoebusFlows

It will eventually. And it will break the trend in a very negative way. Gameboy had the most games and best selection vs. other other handhelds. Atari 2600 had the most games and best selection vs. the competition. NES had the most games and best selection vs. the competition. SNES had the most games and best selection vs. the competition. PS1 had the most games and best selection vs. competition. PS2 had the most games and best selection vs. the competition.

Wii is going to have the most games and the WORST selection vs. the competition. This has never happened in videogame history.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Well it's not like you have to buy thoses bad games.... ya know.

I will just play the good games. Simple as that.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
New hardware and new controller. Compared to: New hardware and a 5/10 year old controller. Developers need to get used to the Wii-mote. Hardly any have. Developers know how to build around last gen/last last gen controls.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ontain
[QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

AvIdGaMeR444

It will eventually. And it will break the trend in a very negative way. Gameboy had the most games and best selection vs. other other handhelds. Atari 2600 had the most games and best selection vs. the competition. NES had the most games and best selection vs. the competition. SNES had the most games and best selection vs. the competition. PS1 had the most games and best selection vs. competition. PS2 had the most games and best selection vs. the competition.

Wii is going to have the most games and the WORST selection vs. the competition. This has never happened in videogame history.

thanks for your prediction. now what are tomorrows lotto numbers?

Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Grasshopper_12
[QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

AvIdGaMeR444

Can I borrow you're crystal ball? There's no way to know that for sure.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AvIdGaMeR444
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"][QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

Grasshopper_12

If the current pattern of Wii software continues, it will have the most games and worst selection vs. the competition. And after SSBB, SMG, and MP3, I don't see anything good on the horizon on Wii...

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PhoebusFlows
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"][QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

Grasshopper_12

Can I borrow your crystal ball that Metroid prime Corruption or Super Mario Galaxy will be any good? :roll:

what's with sheep always using the "crystal ball" and "walmart" line for 1000 times already. It's called making opinions through common sense and track records.

Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Grasshopper_12
[QUOTE="Grasshopper_12"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"][QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

AvIdGaMeR444

If the current pattern of Wii software continues, it will have the most games and worst selection vs. the competition. And after SSBB, SMG, and MP3, I don't see anything good on the horizon on Wii...

Wait until E3. 2008 is pretty far off yet, so I think developers will have plenty of time to make some good games.
Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Grasshopper_12

PhoebusFlows

Can I borrow your crystal ball that Metroid prime Corruption or Super Mario Galaxy will be any good? :roll:

what's with sheep always using the "crystal ball" and "walmart" line for 1000 times already. It's called making opinions through common sense and track records.

Saying wii will have the most games based off the first few months of it's life isn't common sense. I might as well say that PS3 will sell 100 million units because the first two did.

Also, what's the Wal-mart line? Never heard that one before.

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
Oh right, because the PS3 has a rediculously great amount of games to choose from....theres Resitance, resistance, uhhh ReSistance, RESistance, annnnd I'm pretty sure resISTance is also popular.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ontain

AvIdGaMeR444

if current pattern also has the wii with the least games. however becoming the top selling console will change a lot of things won't it?
Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Grasshopper_12
Oh right, because the PS3 has a rediculously great amount of games to choose from....theres Resitance, resistance, uhhh ReSistance, RESistance, annnnd I'm pretty sure resISTance is also popular.flclempire
Don't forget Restistance :P j/k, lay off the Ps3 a bit. This thread's about the Wii. Try not to change the subject.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ego
Member since 2002 • 716 Posts
[QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

AvIdGaMeR444

WOW, I wish my crystal ball was as good as yours.

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
Wii doesn't actually have a lot games.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AvIdGaMeR444

Wii doesn't actually have a lot games.Riviera_Phantom

It will though.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

You're comparing a console that had a great predecessor along with most of the 3rd party with it and had a 7 year life span; to a console that just came out, its last predecessors had horrible 3rd party and sales in comparison to the competition...

The Wii to me is just like any other Nintendo console in existence, with its great critically acclaimed series. The only difference being that now this console has that, along with a better and a constant grow of 3rd party along with it, with a much higher sucess then its predecessors.

Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grasshopper_12

You're so right! I mean, history dictates that consoles that sell the fastest month after month never end up with the most games! :roll:

AvIdGaMeR444

Yes, Wii might end up with the most games. What I meant to say was that the quality of those games will improve. Soory about that. Back on topic:

Let's look at the launch of the PS2. Hmm, how many good games did it have at it's launch? (I'm actually not sure what it did have :P )

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ego
[QUOTE="Grasshopper_12"][QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"][QUOTE="Grasshopper_12"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"][QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

AvIdGaMeR444

Saying wii will have the most games based off the first few months of it's life isn't common sense. I might as well say that PS3 will sell 100 million units because the first two did.

You're so right! I mean, history dictates that consoles that sell the fastest month after month never end up with the most games! :roll:

Yeah like the initial sales of the PSP :roll:

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ontain

AvIdGaMeR444

history would also dictate that console would get the best games too. at least be consistent. you're saying it'll follow history for one aspect and not for another with no explanation of why in either case. what a bias post.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
wii is a dumoing ground just like ds
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
New hardware and new controller. Compared to: New hardware and a 5/10 year old controller. Developers need to get used to the Wii-mote. Hardly any have. Developers know how to build around last gen/last last gen controls.nintendofreak_2
True.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ego
[QUOTE="Ego"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"][QUOTE="Grasshopper_12"][QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"][QUOTE="Grasshopper_12"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"][QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

AvIdGaMeR444

Yeah like the initial sales of the PSP :roll:

PSP at that time was getting more games released monthlythan the DS was. Then DS surpassed PSP in sales, and theDS ended up getting more games released than PSP on a monthly basis. Nice try though...

Your skipping rope so fast, your tripping all over yourself.

you said"history dictates that consoles that sell the fastest month after month never end up with the most games"

"end up" as in "at the end" as "fine" "as in "in the furture", not "currently"as in "now" as in "today"

the wii is selling most now and has less games, but u claim will "end up" with the most games. the psp was selling most then and didint "end up with the most games"

Please write better flambait, so you dont spin faster than sony PR agents

Hoennhyruleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Hoennhyruleguy
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

AvIdGaMeR444

Gee, probably cause they HAVENT BEEN DEVELOPED YET. And "if the current pattern" of consoles with the most games continues, Wii will have the best selection. Funny how hypocrisy works, huh? genius...

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

you would be right if the wii had the most games. devs haven't gotten to that level yet. we've yet to see many games to actually start development on the wii.Ontain

Sounds mighty fishy. I usually hear that for the PS3.

Except the PS3 actually has more AAA and AA's.

peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
I pretty positive the PS1/PS2 had more crap games than they did great games. If the Wii keeps selling like it is, it is bound to get more and more third party support. Will some of it be casual trash? Heck yes!! Will some of it be quality titles for the hardcore? Most likely. All you have to do is look at the PS1/PS2. Because of their worldwide domination, they became the dumping ground for horrid third party titles, casual trash, movie tie-ins, AS WELL AS, excellent third party titles that catored to casual and hardcore fans. The Wii will be no different if it dominates like the PS1/PS2 did. You will see horrible games as well as quality games. It all comes with the territory.
Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Grasshopper_12

[QUOTE="Ontain"]you would be right if the wii had the most games. devs haven't gotten to that level yet. we've yet to see many games to actually start development on the wii.NobuoMusicMaker

yes, PS3 has some pretty wicked games in development right now. Oh, and if you count VC games on Wii, I think they have the same amount of AA. Don't flame me if I'm wrong though.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ontain

[QUOTE="Ontain"]you would be right if the wii had the most games. devs haven't gotten to that level yet. we've yet to see many games to actually start development on the wii.NobuoMusicMaker

well to be fair the ps3 games were in development BEFORE the ps3 came out. many started with the expectation of spring launch. they've had a long time. I don't know many wii games that got more than 1 year of development yet.

and with the ps3 devs are getting less reasons to develop for it every month.

lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I don't agree with your current trends explanation, instead, I think developers won't have enough creativity to always come up with new immersive and interesting control schemes. Nintendo might, but they are nintendo.

It's not a specific problem with developers, as much as a problem with the entire globilized culture. Very little people innovate, and if they realise they can make money even without making much effort, they will.

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PhoebusFlows

Nintendo is getting ignored a lot from developers, every day I see a new PS3 and Xbox 360 game announced. This is just like the Gamecube days.

Sheep say devs are "flocking" to the Wii and abandoning PS3 and 360 :lol: Not from the list I've seen. At least Microsoft and Sony have a release scheduale deep into 2008, the Wii hardly has anything announced or concrete for 2008. Anything in 2008 will be a 2007-delayed game.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
So I've tried summarize this thread. The Wii doesn't actually have the most but WILL... What makes you so sure that the next flood of games will all be Hour of Victory-like-scoring crap?
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

crystal ball anyone :roll:

Grodus5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Grodus5
Member since 2006 • 7934 Posts
I dunno, I sure have a lot of Wii games. Also we got Brawl. We need no more.
no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts

Wii: 2 AAA's, 7 AA's

PS3:3 AAA"s, 17 AA's

Who doesn't have games now huh sheep?

mathew952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 mathew952
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Every console that has had the most games has hada great selection of games to choose from. Not so with Wii. Wii is changing that trend. It will be the ONLY console in history to have the most games and the worst selection. :? Do you know how pathetic that truly is? Look at PS2. Sure, it has tons of bad games. But the console itself has the most games for last gen and the best selection of gamees. It won't happen with Wii. Wii may have the most games this gen, but it will have the worst selection of games to choose from. Thistrend hasNEVER EVER HAPPENED and is going to with Wii.Good job developers! Thanks for taking Wii seriously! :roll:AvIdGaMeR444

I agree, that they need to have a bigger Pallet of games, not to mention better games, but I think a lot of Devs are worried about the "Wii Bubble" bursting, worried it will suddendly drop off in terms of popularity, sot hey want to cash in and get out, rather that take the games seriously, and make them good. It's not nintendos fault they choose to make bad games. Sure, they could refuse to license it, but then they'd get sued for discrimination And racism and a bunch of crap.

PS. I LOVE the Angry Game Nerd.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Eponique

Wii:1 AAAE,4 AAE

PS3:0 AAAE,3 AAE

no_submission

*cough**cough*

"Oh yeah... JUST WAIT!!!"

When's the next XBOX port coming out anyway?

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts
The only thing that the Wii will have is first-party games, just like the gamecube. so we know where its going to end up.
no_submission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 no_submission
Member since 2007 • 961 Posts
[QUOTE="no_submission"]

Eponique

*cough**cough*

Hey, PS2 called... it wants it's games back.

Grasshopper_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Grasshopper_12
[QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="no_submission"]

no_submission

*cough**cough*

sigh, don't sink to his level please.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Eponique
[QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="no_submission"]

no_submission

*cough**cough*

Take 'em.

But the XBOX would be a mean kid if it takes its back from the PS3, it would have nothing then.