Wii Short Term Console?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]i think for now, the wii sales are generated PURELY from the gist that its something new. Once the "oh hey a new product lets buy it" hype dies, i expct wii sales to come to an almost screeching stop because it doesnt have the lineup to keep sales going.

And lets face it, no one is holding off on the wii. Unlike 360 and ps3, its a cheap pos. Anyone who wants one is out getting one right now. thats why sales wont surge when the "big" games like mario and metroid drop. Unlike 360 and ps3, its doesnt have the "benefit" of being pricy. you'll see huge surges in sales when games like MGS and halo 3 drop because people are holding out for those games.

The wii will loose steam by the end of the yearand be pretty lackluster for the rest of the gen. Unlike 360 and ps3, who have the benfits of huge price drops to spur sales.
Shinobishyguy
By the ned of the year Wii will have the games support, by virtue of being the number one console, at that point it'll be unstoppable like the DS

sheep always compare the ds to wii like they are one in the same. :roll:

they arent. get over it. success as a handheld=/= success as a console how much times to i have to say this?

hmm...ps3 is pushing a new format :psp and umd: It's more expensive .Ps3 has better graphics but the Wii is appealing to a wider audience. All of those factors seem to be playing roles in the psp vs ds debate..why not compare them to the wii vs ps3 debate? the reason why you spout "TEH HANDHELD =/= CONSOLE:cry:" nonsence proves that you're afraid of getting owned.

so handhelds and console are identical?

and um, the ps3 is $350 more than the wii. that in and off itself would explain the initial sales advantage between the two.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
SW and its never ending stupid arguments. :|
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
SW and its never ending stupid arguments. :|Tjeremiah1988
then leave. :|
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]SW and its never ending stupid arguments. :|shadow_lord_11

That is sig-worthy ;) but mine is already full with something better so.....
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#55 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]Yes because obviously, if a handheld sells well so will its console counter part. :roll: thats why the n64 and gc dominated thier gens :roll: you sheep act like just because they both have a gimmick that means they are one in the same.shadow_lord_11
Are you still going on about the "gimmick" thing? :roll: Can't you come up with something else? So, I suppose a "gimmick" is obliterating the PSP? If that's the case - you'd better hope the Wii isn't a "gimmick". The DS and Wii share the same philosophy - something that the GC and N64 didn't share with their respective handhelds.

the ds isnt selling because of the gimmick, :lol: its selling because it has a better game lineup.

The word "better" is subjective - thus, that can't be used as a reason for the DS' success.
Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]Yes because obviously, if a handheld sells well so will its console counter part. :roll: thats why the n64 and gc dominated thier gens :roll: you sheep act like just because they both have a gimmick that means they are one in the same.HeedleGlavin
Are you still going on about the "gimmick" thing? :roll: Can't you come up with something else? So, I suppose a "gimmick" is obliterating the PSP? If that's the case - you'd better hope the Wii isn't a "gimmick". The DS and Wii share the same philosophy - something that the GC and N64 didn't share with their respective handhelds.

the ds isnt selling because of the gimmick, :lol: its selling because it has a better game lineup.

The word "better" is subjective - thus, that can't be used as a reason for the DS' success.

Agreed. The DS is selling better because it has more games with mass-market appeal.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]SW and its never ending stupid arguments. :|super_mario_128

yes, sig worthy it is. Do it. I want to be famous in this place called SW :)
Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
[QUOTE="super_mario_128"][QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]SW and its never ending stupid arguments. :|Tjeremiah1988

yes, sig worthy it is. Do it. I want to be famous in this place called SW :)

Like I said, 'Mine is already full with something better so......'
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]i think for now, the wii sales are generated PURELY from the gist that its something new. Once the "oh hey a new product lets buy it" hype dies, i expct wii sales to come to an almost screeching stop because it doesnt have the lineup to keep sales going.

And lets face it, no one is holding off on the wii. Unlike 360 and ps3, its a cheap pos. Anyone who wants one is out getting one right now. thats why sales wont surge when the "big" games like mario and metroid drop. Unlike 360 and ps3, its doesnt have the "benefit" of being pricy. you'll see huge surges in sales when games like MGS and halo 3 drop because people are holding out for those games.

The wii will loose steam by the end of the yearand be pretty lackluster for the rest of the gen. Unlike 360 and ps3, who have the benfits of huge price drops to spur sales.
shadow_lord_11
By the ned of the year Wii will have the games support, by virtue of being the number one console, at that point it'll be unstoppable like the DS

sheep always compare the ds to wii like they are one in the same. :roll:

they arent. get over it. success as a handheld=/= success as a console how much times to i have to say this?

So far they seem to be both succeeding for the same reasons
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Tjeremiah1988
but mine is already full with something better so..... not only you, who ever! I dont care for a pointless internet rep with this OWNED , sheep and lemming crap you people come up with. No one in here can say someone else has no life. Most of the people who B* on and off about which is better are probably playing the ones they bash later on. Its really pointless, but then again someone will reply to this and come up with something crazy to defend their internet rep. and then the next person will say " Tjeremiah got OWNED".
pminooei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 pminooei
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts

i'm talking about long term if you look at Wii and 360/PS3 you won't be buying Wii any more

Wii would probably cost around 100$
360/PS3 Will cost less than 200$ meybe even cheaper for 360

games all 3 consoles will have good games, wii library if it continues will have alot of PS2 ports.

next gen handhelds would look the same as wii and cost more.

PSP which already looks the same as Wii will cost Less than 100$ as well

the only diffrents that all 3 consoles would have in 3-4 years is the graphic, because all consoles will almost cost the same, and all consoles will have good games. so what consoles you think you would buy in 3-4 years?

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#62 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
no, there'll be great games right til the end of the gen IMO