Wii owners ; how satisfied are you with Wii U?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I got the Wii at launch. Played it a lot in the first 2 years and then it collected dust. I had Skyward Sword and Galaxy 2, but otherwise, nothing since 2009. It was insanely fun at first, but it didn't age well. I bought a Wii U despite the fact I overall didn't like the Wii. And so far I'm loving it. Let's hope it continues.

As one of my friends put it, "I've owned the Wii U for 6 months and I'm having more fun with it than I did with the Wii in 6 years".

At the same time, I saw a comment on this site that did make sense. They said the Wii U might have the same problem as the Wii, that once their initial burst of first-party is established, they'll run out of steam and have a drought, which I hope doesn't come true.

How about you?

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I think that I've already had a lot more fun with my Wii U in 2 years than I did with my Wii during it's entire lifespan. The Wii U's library of games is more fun and Nintendo isn't ruining games by forcing waggle controls where they don't belong on the Wii U like they did on the Wii (I'm looking at you Donkey Kong Country Returns).

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm extremely satisfied. It's my favorite console I currently own. The exclusives are just phenomenal. It had a slow start, but the past year or so has seen an increase of awesome games.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Wii U >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii. I'm certainly having a blast.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45108 Posts

it's not bad, but not great either. bayonetta 2 and smash are great exclusives, but the rest are pretty much negligible. zelda and xenoblade will be great though.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

I dint own one but it has what seem to be a few great titles. Just missing out on some if the popular multiplats

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

It's exactly what I expected. Another Nintendo 1st party box. Just like my PS4, it'll be that side bitch of a platform that occasionally gets some great exclusive to play. Something to pull me away from the PC every so often.

Satisfied? Well I guess. It is what I expected after all. And the games have been good. Best console at the moment at least (not saying much).

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#9 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

I'm very satisfied with my Wii U, the system is solid, the games are fun and very fluid unlike some many games on other system. The point you get from each game you buy let you have some cool game or item from club Nintendo ( but the interesting stuff doesn't come that often ).

The gamepad is really nice and very fun to use in Pikmin and Zelda, in mario kart it is nice to have the race on it for a fast glance at your overall place in the race.

I also have a 3DS and I don't see any interest in getting a PS4 or a X1 nor do I want to play on a PC. I'm quite done with empty shell multiplat game for a while

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Hmm... It's hard to beat all the fun I had with Wii Sports and MKWii, and some other games.

But the console itself and how to control games(gamepad), I prefer that over the Wii. And it has Bayonetta 2.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Love the Wii U. See what threw everything out of balance last gen was Wii Sports. It got everyone into the door. The problem was that the game was so addictive, that was what everyone was expecting. It meant that other non Nintendo gems didn't get much time or love. This gen has been more traditional in that while there was some issues with games after launch, (last gen no one cared because all they needed was Wii Sports) the games after the first generation are showing fantastic improvement. I'm already satisfied and the biggest and best games have yet to hit. The Wii U is beyond excellent.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Satisfied so far and with the upcoming games.

And I can play all my Wii games as well

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#13 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Pretty happy so far. Loving Smash and Kart, though I won't lie, seeing as they're quite known commodities takes a little bit of the fun out as compared to the Wii's gargantuan amount of original games. These two are fun, but they feel like their old versions in HD.

I'm more excited to play Bayonetta and the like because they don't resemble anything beforehand.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

i loved the wii...excellent console and the controller should have been the start of a new line of controller design and game design. the wiimote and nunchuck were the nes pad of motion controls....a good start but a lot of room for improvement. i still have quite a few games to go back to on that console. over half of my wii games were also 3rd party so plenty to play. its just a shame the industry, outside a few exceptions, never really tried getting the best out of the wiimote and nunchuck. most just tried to map games designed for a traditional controller onto the wiimote and nunchuck and those games ususally suffered as a result.

the wii was my 3rd most played platform last gen (behing the PC and DS) and thats still a lot of playtime. for me the PS3 and 360 didnt even come remotely close (though if i didnt have a PC then it would be a different story).

so thats where i am coming from.

the wiiu is a terrible console. its awful. i have no idea what nintendo were thinking. its slow, its badly designed and the tablet adds nothing, absolutely nothing, to the games being made for the console. it could but nintendo are making the wrong games.

there are 2 positives for the wiiu as far as the console goes

1) the integration of the tablet into the rest of the system is the standard setter. nothing else comes close. its a 60FPS stream at the screens native res....no messing. other companies treat the streaming as a tickbox feature. for the wiiu its at the absolute core of the system. nintendo have done an impressive job ensuring that the experience of streaming games to the gamepad is seemless...its like the game is running on the controller itself.

2) no installations. nintendos decision to leave a HDD out of the system is absolutely daft. it should have been there to allow developers to cache data to a second data source to improve loading performance. the disc drive in the wiiu is not sufficent on its own. however i find the business of installing all games onto the HDD as is done on other consoles to be absolutely daft. caching to the HDD should be a seamless process. its been done going back to the first xbox on consoles so installs whouldnt be necessary on any console.

games wise though....i was always going to be a wiiu ownser once X was announced. so far im pretty happy but i havent had a mario galaxy type experience on it yet or anything like red steel 2. so for me it just hasnt hit the highs of the wii. there are a couple of games coming out for it next year though (including X, fingers crossed) that have my interest and more will be announced in due course im sure. but, besides X, i hope there is more to get me really excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Very satisfied. First party games are excellent, but as we all know don't rely on it for all your gaming needs unless you don't care much for 3rd party games.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I got a Wii at launch and was satisfied with it, I mean I bought it at launch realizing it was a gimmick but still offered fun, got about 30 retail games (and countless digital content) for it over several years and it provided loads of fun, just not as much as my Xbox 360 which I bought a lot more games for. As for my Wii U, I play it a good deal, got mine last year and was playing catch up on what I missed, and the later half of this year has had a good deal to keep me busy, though it was slow earlier this year while Mario Kart 8 released. Good thing I have other systems to keep me occupied during the lulls, a PS3 and 3DS, so it's not like I've been too bored with what I have, I've always something to play, and if I need something I just go out and buy another game, or attack my backlog.

It was a lot easier than I thought to transfer games from my Wii to my Wii U, though not everything can be upgraded to play off the GamePad. The Wii VC library that'll play on the Wii U is a lot smaller than what was offered on the Wii, no Genesis, no TurboGrafx, No N64, bummer. Still, you can play everything you had on the Wii through the Wii U's Wii mode.

I'm was rather surprised by how much I enjoy off-TV GamePad only play with Wii U. I honestly had no interest in this feature when I got it but when I tried it I was hooked. Now it's something I look at when getting a new game, whether it has this feature or not.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

I had plenty of fun on my Wii if I recall correctly... Galaxy 1, 2, Zelda TP and SS, MK Wii (though it was nowhere near the game MK8 is) Metroid trilogy... it was a good console for me.

The Wii U, on the other hand... Right now I only have three games: MK8, Mario 3D World and DK Tropic Freeze and I have to say it hits the ball out of the park. I also want to play Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101, SSBU and Monster Hunter, and I can't wait for 2015. I don't regret buying the Wii U one bit :D

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@drekula2 said:

I got the Wii at launch. Played it a lot in the first 2 years and then it collected dust. I had Skyward Sword and Galaxy 2, but otherwise, nothing since 2009.

It's a bit bothersome that you missed out on the Wii's strongest title. Donkey Kong Country Returns came out in 2010.

In any case, the Wii U shows Nintendo at their very best. They've produced some of their strongest titles in a long time (DKC: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Mario Bros. 3D World, Smash Bros.) and brought one of the best action game ever made back out of development death and published it (Bayonetta 2). Then it has a good slew of great games for good measure (Shovel Knight, New Super Mario Bros. U+Luigi U, Nintendo land, Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101).

Personally, it's one of the strongest showings I've ever experienced from any console.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Extremely satisfied. The sheer number of games I want to buy completely blows almost every other console I've owned at this point in it's life out of the water.

And the Wii U Pro Controller is easily the best gamepad I've ever used.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@Blabadon said:

These two are fun, but they feel like their old versions in HD.

I haven't really like a Mario Kart game since SMK and MK64 and MK8 is by far leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the series. It combines all the great aspects of the other games without the negatives (except the double player karts from Double Dash) in a very attractive HD package.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

I'm extremely satisfied. It's my favorite console I currently own. The exclusives are just phenomenal. It had a slow start, but the past year or so has seen an increase of awesome games.

lol you try too hard

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Some great games on it but looks like there will be another dust storm for me till xenoblade x comes out...honestly I regret purchasing it so early even if I got it on sale. Disappointed

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

8/10. Great system. It will be a 9/10 if Xenoblade and Zelda meet expectations and if they release a Metroid Prime game. 10/10 if they also release a new F-Zero.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

The Wii U is great and SO MUCH MORE BETTER than the Wii. I gradually started to despise the Wii compared to the PS 3 and X 360. BUT, this console is great for what I need, has excellent multi player games, Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 and list goes on . Everything else I just play it on PC until 2015, then I will have to fire up the PlayStation 4 which I truly believe will have a great year. See even I can praise my rival console and I'm sheep :). I'm so classy ya'll!

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Well, I like that I can switch inputs with the controller, but software wise, it's lacking, and wtf is up with not being able to switch netflix profiles?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

I just got a Wii U this past May along with MK8 Wii U bundle and it's okay, nothing amazing as my PS4/Xbox One but what Wii U lacks in power and very little 3rd party support makes up for it's great exclusives game that Wii U offers. All in all, Wii U is good and once SSB comes out, my Wii U will be getting lot's of attention. Also Wii U ain't got nothing on Wii.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I'm very, very satisfied...i remember playing my Wii a lot back in the day, thanks to Twilight Princess, SMG and Brawl, but so far, the WiiU has been getting IMO better games with more variety, i already have a huge backlog for the WiiU.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Right now, I rarely play it for anything.

When I get Smash Bros that will all change though.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I think it's lineup is worth the price of admission already and I'll buy one with the next couple of months. I'd rather buy a new GPU than a Quad or Xbone.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

The game of the year just came out for it exclusively so I'd say I'm enjoying it quite nicely.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

@yokofox33 said:

lol you try too hard

Not trying anything. Just offering my opinion.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

It is not my primary gaming platform so i am happy for those few exclusives it get. Cant wait for the new zelda game :P

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

I have been having a blast with WiiU since i bought it, which was a MK8 bundle about 4 months ago. Picking up smash today :D

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I have 15 Wii U games and Captain Toad on the way. To be honest I have never bought that many games in the first 2 years of a system ever. So I would say I am beyond pleased.

The game that has surprised me the most on the system so far is Hyrule Warriors. I just LOVE that game and ordered all the DLC. I love the 8 bit map adventure mode in it. And how the game splits into various Zelda game levels in the normal mode. Epic game.

Knowing that the game of the generation (for me I know not for everyone) is coming next year only on Wii U just makes it even better. I have always been a big Xeno fan since 1995 when Xenogears game out on Ps1. Then Xenosaga 1-3, and then Xenoblade on Wii........ then Shulk and Xenoblade stage on Smash.......Now it is almost time for Xenoblade Chronicles X!!

MWHAAHHAH!!!!!

As you can tell I am most pleased with my Wii U. (Almost as much as my PC but I like building games the most like Trove, Landmark, Terarria ect.)

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#35 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

@yokofox33 said:

lol you try too hard

Pretty sad when someone gets butthurt about other person's enthusiasm.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Better than wii? Not just yet, but I have to admit the first party games are probably more interesting though. Unfortunately its not getting those mid tier exclusive third party games, so its going to take more time to beat out the wii imo.

It's definitely the favorite out of my current gen consoles so far, and next year it will probably remain that way tbh.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GreySeal9

It's really interesting how much good will there is for the Wii U on SW these days. I'd even go as far as to say the Wii U is SW's favorite current gen console, which I never thought I'd be saying in the early days.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Yeah. The wII U is already much better than the Wii.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

9/10 satisfied. It would be a 10/10 but they still need to work on some UI improvements such as a Simple messaging system. Going through Miiverse takes too much just to send a message.

Great console though. I'm enjoying it otherwise.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

on a one to ten scale i'm enjoying it negative one billion

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GreySeal9

@farrell2k said:

It must be infuriating for the pc clone console owners to see game outlets and the media recommending the WiiU over both the Ps4 and Xb1.

Yeah, the anger and bitterness is very real lol

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
@GreySeal9 said:

@farrell2k said:

It must be infuriating for the pc clone console owners to see game outlets and the media recommending the WiiU over both the Ps4 and Xb1.

Yeah, the anger and bitterness is very real lol

It is like those kids that finally got a portable and went with Game Gear or Atari Lynx just to say "f u this is in color" and then shortly later had buyers remorse.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

I'm happy with the Wii U but the Wii is still a considerably better system...for obvious reasons.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Not satisfied till Xenoblade Chronicles X gets release. :P

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#46  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Don't have one.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I forget I even have it most of the time.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Very satisfied.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#49 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts
@inb4uall said:

Yeah. The wII U is already much better than the Wii.

QFT.

I tried the Wii at a friend's a couple times. Played Twilight Princess and Paper Mario I think. Overall, I didn't really like it. The graphics were mediocre, and I hated the controller. I can play piano easily, but I still find the wii mote too small and difficult to use comfortably (especially the d-pad). The Wii U gamepad is much better overall - and the Wii U pro controller is almost perfect.

I've got Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World (Meow), Pikmin 3, Hyrule Warriors, and Super Smash Bros - and they're all fun. They have great controls and run very well on the system. They are also, I should point out, very VERY different games. Mario Kart and Mario 3D World, for example, don't really feel like the same game, despite the "Mario" in the title.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@commonfate said:

I forget I even have it most of the time.

oh man =D