Why wouldnt Microsoft just make more Kinects to meet demand?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ultratechfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Ultratechfan
Member since 2010 • 92 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

You could always not buy it until it has something worthwhile... in which case you may never have to waste the money.

TheEroica

didnt dance central outscore GT5? that might be worthwhile? to answer the TC's question, i dont think kinect will be out of supply very long. its a christmas thing.

yeah I know but i want to get it before xmas lol

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23035 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

You could always not buy it until it has something worthwhile... in which case you may never have to waste the money.

Ultratechfan

didnt dance central outscore GT5? that might be worthwhile? to answer the TC's question, i dont think kinect will be out of supply very long. its a christmas thing.

yeah I know but i want to get it before xmas lol

I havent read all the posts people are giving you, but I can say the last few times ive been to best buy its been in stock. want me to buy you one and send it to you? im willing to bet if you order one on best buy.com or walmart.com or whatever, youll have it before xmas.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

Same deal as the Wii...false shortages = more $$$AL_GREEN

Yep, same case, only difference is that the Wii shortage was real.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 madsnakehhh

So, they were planning to sell 5 million units for this year and they have a "shortage" now?

:lol: Yeah, right.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23035 Posts

[QUOTE="AL_GREEN"]Same deal as the Wii...false shortages = more $$$madsnakehhh

haha... and this is fake? wha? do you keep the books over at Nintendo AND Microsoft? I guess the real reason could be its popular? nah, impossible.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="AL_GREEN"]Same deal as the Wii...false shortages = more $$$TheEroica

haha... and this is fake? wha? do you keep the books over at Nintendo AND Microsoft? I guess the real reason could be its popular? nah, impossible.

The Wii keep the sell rate for over 3 years, that's enough to prove that the shortage was real, and now, M$ is telling me that they are expecting 5 millions units sold during this year, however, they cannot keep up with the demand...yeah right M$.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="AL_GREEN"]Same deal as the Wii...false shortages = more $$$TheEroica

Some people prefer to lie to themselves than to admit some tech they dislike is selling well. Yet all news report confirm this thing is a Holiday hot item, it's really no wonder it's selling out.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 madsnakehhh

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

themyth01

Some people prefer to lie to themselves than to admit some tech they dislike is selling well. Yet all news report confirm this thing is a Holiday hot item, it's really no wonder it's selling out.

So basically, they were expecting millions of units sold, however, they cannot keep up with demand even if they were expecting that huge deman? damn, i though they were genius with the shortage strategy, but now i think they just don't know how to do their job.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 themyth01

[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] haha... and this is fake? wha? do you keep the books over at Nintendo AND Microsoft? I guess the real reason could be its popular? nah, impossible.madsnakehhh

So basically, they were expecting millions of units sold, however, they cannot keep up with demand even if they were expecting that huge deman? damn, i though they were genius with the shortage strategy, but now i think they just don't know how to do their job.

They were initially expecting 3 million units sold and 2.5 million have been sold as of a few days ago already. Even if they supply 2.5 million in the last 25 days of December, it still doesn't seem to be enough given how fast the first 2.5 million went out before December.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#60 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

It's all about supply and demand. It is a business model that worked great for the wii. If it is hard to get and find one, more people hear about it, thus making them think it is popular and want to get one too.

15strong

Or perhaps they did not anticipate the demand. Making it difficult to for customers to buy your protect is pretty stupid. The longer you make the customer wait the more likely they'll get tired of waiting and look for an alternative.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

Ultratech fan mmmGiancar
I bet he has a hot wife.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Keiji993"]If you really want one just get Move. You get a EyeToy with a bunch of games already out and Move for 100 bucks.ImportBMWRacer

Wait...So you are suggesting that he spends more money on something else....Instead of something he clearly wants....Sorry but the move just does not compare to the Kinect.

Your right, it's not fair to compare a gaming device with a webcam.

ralphikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ralphikari
Member since 2006 • 752 Posts

[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="TheEroica"] haha... and this is fake? wha? do you keep the books over at Nintendo AND Microsoft? I guess the real reason could be its popular? nah, impossible.madsnakehhh

The shortage only applies to the US and the UK. Here in Canada Kinect is visibly available at retail and there has been no shortage in Asia. The unit itself is manufactured in China, and it seems more like a logistics problem due to the demand in US/UK exceeding sales projection. If MS only allocates units according to a region's user base, how many Kinects should they give Japan? 100?

Ultratechfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ultratechfan

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"] Some people prefer to lie to themselves than to admit some tech they dislike is selling well. Yet all news report confirm this thing is a Holiday hot item, it's really no wonder it's selling out. ralphikari

The shortage only applies to the US and the UK. Here in Canada Kinect is visibly available at retail and there has been no shortage in Asia. The unit itself is manufactured in China, and it seems more like a logistics problem due to the demand in US/UK exceeding sales projection. If MS only allocates units according to a region's user base, how many Kinects should they give Japan? 100?

to be honest I wouldnt even ship to Japan and give it to the US/UK contingent cause they will sell and the ones in Japan wont. Im in the US so I think you are mainly right, but Im really really trying to get this thing at retail for about 3 days and its annoying.

Ultratechfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ultratechfan

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="themyth01"] Some people prefer to lie to themselves than to admit some tech they dislike is selling well. Yet all news report confirm this thing is a Holiday hot item, it's really no wonder it's selling out. themyth01

They were initially expecting 3 million units sold and 2.5 million have been sold as of a few days ago already. Even if they supply 2.5 million in the last 25 days of December, it still doesn't seem to be enough given how fast the first 2.5 million went out before December.

thats the best answer, I say ship Japans supply back to the states.... Do it.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 themyth01

[QUOTE="themyth01"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

Ultratechfan

thats the best answer, I say ship Japans supply back to the states.... Do it.

I doubt MS shipped a lot to Japan anyways (not enough to satisfy western demand), but it's probably more than they need to ship anyways lol.
ak47bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ak47bang
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts

Same deal as the Wii...false shortages = more $$$AL_GREEN

That worked very , very , well for the Wii , I don't think anyone can deny that .