Why would anyone buy an xbox one?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

G-O-M-J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 G-O-M-J
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts

Microsoft simply cant compete with the likes of sony and nintendo, the only reason the 360 was so awesome back in 07 was because developers were struggling making games for the cell. Once 3rd parties got the hang of it and sonys first parties gained momentum the 360 got steamrolled.

Lets not kid ourselves here, half of what the xbone will have to offer in the first 2 years is timed exclusive

:)

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
the first 2 years is timed exclusiveG-O-M-J
Because I don't want to wait :cool: Sucks for you if you can only afford one
Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts
to watch tv?
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
the only reason the 360 was so awesome back in 07 G-O-M-J
And Halo, and Gears, and Banjo Kazooie, and Bioshock, and Mass Effect, and Forza, and PGR, and...
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11792 Posts

I honestly think with a PC, a WiiU, and a PS4 there isn't gonna be much to be missed on the Xbone...

Aside from what Halo, and Gears?  Both of which have continually gone downhill I might add.  Halo went downhill after 2, and Gears 1 was really the only good one. (2 was generic as hell)

I say this as a fan of both games. 

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Because everyone needs a $500 input button, of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

I honestly think with a PC, a WiiU, and a PS4 there isn't gonna be much to be missed on the Xbone...

Aside from what Halo, and Gears?  Both of which have continually gone downhill I might add.  Halo went downhill after 2, and Gears 1 was really the only good one. (2 was generic as hell)

Lach0121
you only need a PC + wiiu. most ps4+xbone games will come to pc
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I would assume for games.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts
Probably wont get Xbox One. They had Sony on the ropes and they let them off the hook. MS messed up good.
BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

Reasons? Sony lost to Microsoft in the last console war. Xbox One is the superior console between the PoS4. The PoS4 is a glorified PS3, offers nothing new. Xbox One on the other hand has more features out of the box on launch then the PoS4 will have in its life.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

narutosup

you only need a PC + wiiu. most ps4+xbone games will come to pc

Actually, a lot of PS4 games will not, PS has more exclusives that don't end up on PC compared to xbox.

The ps4 is also to reduce the need to upgrade PCs as much for a while.    Offset some of the heavier gaming.

Hell one of the games I am most looking forward to isn't officially stated to come out on pc... The Division.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

The better question is why do people feel the need to make numerous threads about the same question. When people have already answered that question over and over. Use the search function.

BLaverock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 BLaverock
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

Lach0121
AND you'll also save a sh*tload of money going PC instead of Xbox One because STEAM SALES ARE SICK!!! All you have to buy is an xbox 360 controller for the PC ;)
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
Why do people care what people buy.
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23725 Posts

Probably for the same reasons people buy any gaming platform.  To play games they want.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Why would anyone buy a PS4 or Wii U?

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

BLaverock

AND you'll also save a sh*tload of money going PC instead of Xbox One because STEAM SALES ARE SICK!!! All you have to buy is an xbox 360 controller for the PC ;)

Its true, we already have our PCs though.

Mine is almost 5 years old, (with upgrades of course) and it is still doing some rather high performance gaming, considering its age. 

My next build will be able to game of course, but it will will be built more around audio production.   (while the WiiU, and PS4 help offset that)

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

For the games, UI experiance, they like the controller more, they like kinect, they dont like sony, they think the tv intergration is interesting,they want  early dlc for EA and call of duty ....

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44260 Posts

Consider becoming more Game fan, less company fan and it will all become clear to you.

CraZed__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CraZed__
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

BLaverock

I use my PS3 controller via BT on my PC.... Motion joy for those who do not own a 360 and DO own a PS3. And yes, Steam sales are sick.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 timbers_WSU

Consider becoming more Game fan, less company fan and it will all become clear to you.

SecretPolice
That made way too much sense for System Wars.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Well, it's a GAMING CONSOLE, so I'm assuming TO PLAY GAMES.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
I simply don't see what the attraction is to the Xbox One. Nobody wants the Kinect 2.0, yet it's being forced on everyone. $499 is just not a good price point. $399 is the magic number and Sony hit it with the PS4. I already have a cable box, why would I want another one? Really, MS...still with the "AA" batteries? It is a proven fact that the X1 is substantially under powered in comparison to the PS4. That may not be an issue right now or even in the first couple years, but at some point the PS4 exclusives will look head and shoulders above the X1's. That lack of power will ultimately make multiplats look somewhat underwhelming since the devs will make games that both systems can run, so PS4 owners have to suffer! Lastly, MS simply doesnt have the developer resources that Sony does. The X1 like the 360 will rely heavily on 3rd party support and that is not a good thing...So to summarize ..... 1. Paying for a peripheral nobody wants is bad 2. $499 just isn't consumer friendly. 3. Lack of recharging capabilities in controllers is just so two generations ago. 4. Underpowered when compared to its competition will ultimately gimp multiplats 5. Lack of in house dev talent will once again haunt MS's console
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts
They would buy it because they like it? What do you want us to say here G-O-M-J? Different strokes for different folks, that's why they make both chocolate and vanilla ice cream.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Michael0134567

Don't you know that anybody who creates a thread like this isn't actually looking for a logical response? :P

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 timbers_WSU

I simply don't see what the attraction is to the Xbox One. Nobody wants the Kinect 2.0, yet it's being forced on everyone. $499 is just not a good price point. $399 is the magic number and Sony hit it with the PS4. I already have a cable box, why would I want another one? Really, MS...still with the "AA" batteries? It is a proven fact that the X1 is substantially under powered in comparison to the PS4. That may not be an issue right now or even in the first couple years, but at some point the PS4 exclusives will look head and shoulders above the X1's. That lack of power will ultimately make multiplats look somewhat underwhelming since the devs will make games that both systems can run, so PS4 owners have to suffer! Lastly, MS simply doesnt have the developer resources that Sony does. The X1 like the 360 will rely heavily on 3rd party support and that is not a good thing...So to summarize ..... 1. Paying for a peripheral nobody wants is bad 2. $499 just isn't consumer friendly. 3. Lack of recharging capabilities in controllers is just so two generations ago. 4. Underpowered when compared to its competition will ultimately gimp multiplats 5. Lack of in house dev talent will once again haunt MS's consoleShoTTyMcNaDeS
Well thankfully for Microsoft not everyone shares your opinion. And 343 and Turn 10 have made games as good or better than any Sony dev.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It would be illogical for a non brand loyal consumer to purchase an Xbox One at this point.

Deevoshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Deevoshun
Member since 2003 • 868 Posts

Killer Instinct

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

AdobeArtist

Don't you know that anybody who creates a thread like this isn't actually looking for a logical response? :P

I'll remember that for next time. :(
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44260 Posts

It would be illogical for a non brand loyal consumer to purchase an Xbox One at this point.

Wasdie

Sooo wrong and unfortunately, I'm not surprised these days.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner

Wasdie

Not really.  If someone really loves Halo, Forza, Gears, or Fable or is self loathing enough to enjoy using Kinect for games then its console to get.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
I have genuine interest in the games they showed or the developers working on them(Remedy, Sweery, Insomniac).
TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheRealBigRich

for someone to say no one want the kinects kinda confuses me when even sony thinks there is a market for camera since they are selling one. So from my experiance of having a ps3 and 360 and not like any ps exclusives(yes its possible) and only liking one or two xbox exclusives(mainly forza) and buying a kinect for my 360 my only question is why would I buy the ps4

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

ConanTheStoner

Not really.  If someone really loves Halo, Forza, Gears, or Fable or is self loathing enough to enjoy using Kinect for games then its console to get.

That is a fair point. It isn't necessarily loyalty to a brand, but loyalty to any number of game series.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

ConanTheStoner

Did I not just say brand loyal?

If you love the heck out of Halo, Forza, Gears, or Kinect (lol Fable) you're going to be biased or loyal to a brand on that machine.

For those who just play some CoD and whatever they can get their hands on, the choice is pretty obvious. 

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6960 Posts

Wasdie

Negative.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

If you love the heck out of Halo, Forza, Gears, or Kinect (lol Fable) you're going to be biased or loyal to a brand on that machine.

For those who just play some CoD and whatever they can get their hands on, the choice is pretty obvious. 

you don't necessarily have to be loyal to the brand. you can still just enjoy them and want to play more.

Avatar image for ricky8741112121
ricky8741112121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ricky8741112121
Member since 2013 • 32 Posts
that's a tough one i guess to watch tv
robbie80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 robbie80
Member since 2005 • 988 Posts
I'm getting ps4 in winter probably build a PC in two years the graphic cards be miles ahead of consoles in graphics.The games I missed from the xbone Ill get on steam sale like titianfall
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

What if the non-gaming features that Microsoft introduces are more important? If the PS4 had voice controls, could easily switch between cable TV, Hulu, HBO Go, etc. and allow me to take a Skype video call without inteupting my game or show then I would consider giving it the primary spot in my living room. It can't though so in my case it would be illogical to choose the PS4. Your logic is wrong, admit it.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Xbox One offers so much more that I am interested in than the PS4. And it will have the same multiplats, plus the MS exclusives like Halo, Forza, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, and TitanFall that I want. Its a complete package with the voice and motion controls, Skype, exclusive tv programs, the quick switching between live tv, streaming, and gaming. I don't mind about the timed console exclusives like TitanFall and I'm fine with the specs being what they are as I have seen the games and I'm satisfied that they are next gen and only first gen for Xbox One. I am pretty uninterested in what I have seen from the PS4 game wise, and its a 400 dollar gaming console. I just want more than a gaming console for 400 bucks and will pay the extra 100 for what the Xbox One has to offer. I was only impressed by Infamous, but not enough to want a PS4.  The Xbox One games appealed to me more, and then you add in the NFL deal and how much of a fan I am of fantasy footbal you just have a system that appeals to a gamer who wants more than to just game. I have never bought the system that was supposed to be the most graphically powerful. I've only ever bought what system had the games and features that appealed to me the most.

So far the Xbox One is a runaway hit in my book.

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

HadOne2Many

What if the non-gaming features that Microsoft introduces are more important? If the PS4 had voice controls, could easily switch between cable TV, Hulu, HBO Go, etc. and allow me to take a Skype video call without inteupting my game or show then I would consider giving it the primary spot in my living room. It can't though so in my case it would be illogical to choose the PS4. Your logic is wrong, admit it.

Our Sony smart TV's, home therthes, blu ray players, and media boxes provide a better, cheaper, and easier experience than that of the Xbox One.
yummifullz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 yummifullz
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

tumblr_m8rybncMnm1rtu6zto1_1280.jpg .

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 shawn30
[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

HiraiKazuo

Our Sony smart TV's, home therthes, blu ray players, and media boxes provide a better, cheaper, and easier experience than that of the Xbox One.

Prove it. Show me how you can mimic the Xbox Ones features in a smart TV for its price, that also includes the next gen gaming. Go ahead. We'll wait :)
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

Ok.  I thought you meant brand loyal as in loyal to the console maker.  People who buy Nintendo, Sony, or MS platforms regardless of the games.

Honestly, I guess I still dont get what you mean.  If you are counting love for a certain series as brand loyalty then everyone is brand loyal.  Everyone buys consoles for games they like.

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts
[QUOTE="HiraiKazuo"][QUOTE="HadOne2Many"]What if the non-gaming features that Microsoft introduces are more important? If the PS4 had voice controls, could easily switch between cable TV, Hulu, HBO Go, etc. and allow me to take a Skype video call without inteupting my game or show then I would consider giving it the primary spot in my living room. It can't though so in my case it would be illogical to choose the PS4. Your logic is wrong, admit it.shawn30

Prove it. Show me how you can mimic the Xbox Ones features in a smart TV for its price, that also includes the next gen gaming. Go ahead. We'll wait :)

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL40EX640-40-Inch-Internet/dp/B006U1VG74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693747&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+smart+tv http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NSZ-GS7-Internet-Player-Google/dp/B008BDBPTS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693747&sr=8-4&keywords=sony+smart+tv http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S5100-Blu-ray-Player-Wi-Fi/dp/B00AWKC0JM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693747&sr=8-10&keywords=sony+smart+tv http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL46R453A-46-Inch-Full-1080p/dp/B00C1X2CK0/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693747&sr=8-16&keywords=sony+smart+tv http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL42EX440-42-Inch-1080p/dp/B008KECFRO/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693960&sr=8-16&keywords=sony+smart+tv
TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheRealBigRich

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

Lets say you just want to play some Cod and you want the DLC as soon as it came out why not get the one since its comes out first. Also lets say the average consumer looks at them both and see they play the same game. Yeah one cost 100 more but one has TV integration and they Kinect looks interesting ...why would the choice be so simple
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shawn30

[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="HiraiKazuo"] Our Sony smart TV's, home therthes, blu ray players, and media boxes provide a better, cheaper, and easier experience than that of the Xbox One.HiraiKazuo

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL40EX640-40-Inch-Internet/dp/B006U1VG74/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693747&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+smart+tv http://www.amazon.com/Sony-NSZ-GS7-Internet-Player-Google/dp/B008BDBPTS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693747&sr=8-4&keywords=sony+smart+tv http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S5100-Blu-ray-Player-Wi-Fi/dp/B00AWKC0JM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693747&sr=8-10&keywords=sony+smart+tv http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL46R453A-46-Inch-Full-1080p/dp/B00C1X2CK0/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693747&sr=8-16&keywords=sony+smart+tv http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KDL42EX440-42-Inch-1080p/dp/B008KECFRO/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1372693960&sr=8-16&keywords=sony+smart+tv

LMAO!!!! I don't think you understood the question, but you sure made my choice easier. So for 500 my Xbox One will be able to turn the HD TV I already have into one that does all the things in those devices, AND plays next gen games, and adds voice and motion controls. Thank you Microsoft!!!!!! You saved me hundreds of dollars. :)

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheRealBigRich

[QUOTE="HiraiKazuo"][QUOTE="shawn30"] Prove it. Show me how you can mimic the Xbox Ones features in a smart TV for its price, that also includes the next gen gaming. Go ahead. We'll wait :) shawn30

LMAO!!!! I don't think you understood the question, but you sure made my choice easier. So for 500 my Xbox One will be able to turn the HD TV I already have into one that does all the things in those devices, AND plays next gen games, and adds voice and motion controls. Thank you Microsoft!!!!!! You saved me hundreds of dollars. :)

yeah I saw that and was thinking do I really have to pay 150+ to get voice/gesture control