Why people are mad when GS doesn't give their game 9/10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

The majority of people only buy a handful of games per year because they have limited time and money. Whereas critics play like 20+ games in a given year.

So most gamers say "Wow, this is an amazing game! I've never experienced anything like this! 9/10! 10/10!"

Then GS critic says "This is a cool game but I've played lots of games like it. 7 or 8"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

why do you continue to make awful threads

SwagSurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SwagSurf
Member since 2009 • 3022 Posts

@Ackad said:

@drekula2 said:

The majority of people only buy a handful of games per year because they have limited time and money. Whereas critics play like 20+ games in a given year.

So most gamers say "Wow, this is an amazing game! I've never experienced anything like this! 9/10! 10/10!"

Then GS critic says "This is a cool game but I've played lots of games like it. 7 or 8"

Majority of people? Also, limited time and money rather points to the contrary, don't you think?

Was thinking the same thing. Op, stop making threads. Please.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

will continue to make more and more and more threads. more threads than a tailor, son.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@drekula2 said:

will continue to make more and more and more threads. more threads than a tailor, son.

inb4 you get banned. lel, won't miss you.

Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts
@drekula2 said:

Makes kind of sense but that's just one possibility.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I've always thought critics should be harsher with scores so it's good to see it going that way a bit. The majority of games are average so we should see a lot more around the 5 mark and it shouldn't even be considered a really terrible score.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Having limited time and money to play games does not devalue your ability to accurately express your opinion on how good they are out of 10.

Whilst I enjoy reading reviews and respect most of their opinions I dont consider their opinion to be more valuable than my own or anyone elses.

I had much more time and money to spend on games when I was a teenager without kids. I resent the concept that because now I have a family and other financial commitments my ability to review a game is somehow less valued than a spotty teenager with 10 weeks off a year from school.

I dont have a degree in art history, nor am I wealthy enough to own a Rembrandt, but I still have eyes and the capacity to enjoy art and rate it on a numbered scale.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@bulby_g said:

I've always thought critics should be harsher with scores so it's good to see it going that way a bit. The majority of games are average so we should see a lot more around the 5 mark and it shouldn't even be considered a really terrible score.

You really need a score that much?

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: Not really, I play any game I fancy the look of. If they're going to use a scoring system though them may as well make it true/useful (which it isn't at present). I don't believe for a minute that critics find nearly every game above average as the scores would suggest.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

My game got a 9/10 so I wasn't mad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Blame it on the hype trains. The Hyperbole swallowed up by the naive in order to buy thier games, so getting tols that "this is going to be the NeXT big thing, this is going to be the shizzle!" the consumer naturally might feel betrayied by a site that dismisses that belief (especially since we do have a fair bit of gamers, WHO rivals religious fanatics).

The notion about reviewers review alot of games and Thus the impact is lessened, is a fairly good point aswell.

And lastly: reviewers needs to be more strict with scores, or abandom them entirely, there is a 10 point scale, yet we keep seeing games get placed in the upper range, despite Glaring flaws.

Ironically GS is not as bad as other sites, but still. Time to reign in those scores lads! A 9 should only be given out to games that are exceptionally crafted and with the ability to shape the future of genre and industry. A 10 would be a bloody high mark of gaming if there ever was one, so pretty much no flaw should be accepted, nor should poor texturework, soundwork, or the like.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

because cow.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points