Why PC gaming will always own cosoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

meh.....only in SW is the PC a direct competitor to consoles.

IF MS saw the PC as the threat to the x360, then no Games for Windows would've been shown at E3. Nor would've Sony allowed Epic to announce UTIII being exclusive to the PS3 & PC this year.

But yeah, here in SW, hermits can claim some sort of weak ownage over the consoles......or cows will hide behind the PC.

I happen to think most gamers are either PC or console gamers. NOt both

LosDaddie

In case you didn't know, neither Sony nor Microsoft have the authority to prohibit games from coming out on the PC unless they published the games themselves. The PC is an entirely open platform.

YOu missed the point of my post.

None of the Big 3 see the PC as a competitor. In fact, MS sees the PC as an ally.

because there is no one to compete with....nobody owns PC gaming.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#152 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts
Do you hear Sony telling anyone to buy a PS3 and not a computer? Deihmos
Well, almost.]
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#153 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
YOu missed the point of my post.None of the Big 3 see the PC as a competitor. In fact, MS sees the PC as an ally.LosDaddie
I didn't see your underlying point as important. I merely adressed the misconception aparent. Sony nor Microsoft have the ability to hault a PC game release unless they publish the game.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]YOu missed the point of my post.None of the Big 3 see the PC as a competitor. In fact, MS sees the PC as an ally.Vandalvideo
I didn't see your underlying point as important. I merely adressed the misconception aparent. Sony nor Microsoft have the ability to hault a PC game release unless they publish the game.

Every single person with a console owns a PC. It's something everyone has in their home.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#155 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

IF MS saw the PC as the threat to the x360, then no Games for Windows would've been shown at E3. Nor would've Sony allowed Epic to announce UTIII being exclusive to the PS3 & PC this year.

But yeah, here in SW, hermits can claim some sort of weak ownage over the consoles......or cows will hide behind the PC.

LosDaddie

If it came down to it, Microsoft would sell their holdings in the console market down the river in a second to protect their PC interests.

Sony also has absolutely no power to stop Epic from announcing UT3 on the PS3.

The PC does directly compete with consoles, not just on SW.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#156 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

I don't feel like constantly upgrading, I want more to play than FPS , MMOs and stategy games and the PC lacks my favorite game series.

I don't care what you think, these reason will always be why I play with game console over PCs any day.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Vandalvideo

I don't feel like constantly upgrading, I want more to play than FPS , MMOs and stategy games and the PC lacks my favorite game series.

I don't care what you think, these reason will always be why I play with game console over PCs any day.

vashkey
The onl thing that isn't a misconception in this paragraph is, The PC lacks my favorite game series." Congratulations on an opinion.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#158 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

Danm_999

If it came down to it, Microsoft would sell their holdings in the console market down the river in a second to protect their PC interests.

eh...if you say so. Every gamer I know is either a PC or console gamer......most being a console gamers.

Only in SW have I ever seen the PC portrayed as a direct competitor to the consoles.

Also, Sony could have very well told Epic not to announce UTIII for the PC at Sony's press conference. Sony does have that control.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 vashkey
[QUOTE="vashkey"]

Vandalvideo

The onl thing that isn't a misconception in this paragraph is, The PC lacks my favorite game series." Congratulations on an opinion.

No, actually all of it is true.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Vandalvideo
Also, Sony could have very well told Epic not to announce UTIII for the PC at Sony's press conference. Sony does have that control.LosDaddie
Sony DOES NOT have the control to prohibit the launch of U3 on the PC. Only the publisher does.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 LosDaddie

[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]YOu missed the point of my post.None of the Big 3 see the PC as a competitor. In fact, MS sees the PC as an ally.Vandalvideo

You didn't see my point as important only because you disagree with it.

Again, if anything, MS sees the PC as an ally, not a direct competitor to the x360. I happen to think Sony would feel the same way.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="vashkey"]

vashkey

You are not required to upgrade at all over the span of a generation to get graphics equal to consoles and the PC has all of the genres you know and love on consoles including fighters, action adventures, and sports. Was gonig to let you save face, but chagned my mind. *Whipes off the blood*
Noles_Enemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Noles_Enemy
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts
I'm still surprise people game on PC. Console gamingis 10x better.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 LosDaddie

[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]Also, Sony could have very well told Epic not to announce UTIII for the PC at Sony's press conference. Sony does have that control.Vandalvideo
Sony DOES NOT have the control to prohibit the launch of U3 on the PC. Only the publisher does.

Read the post in its entirety. NOt just the part you want to read.;)

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Vandalvideo
Again, if anything, MS sees the PC as an ally, not a direct competitor to the x360. I happen to think Sony would feel the same way.LosDaddie
"How they feel" has little relevance to the discussion at hand mate. PC sales do affect console sales. Someone will inevitablly have to make the choice between the two for multiplats. If he chooses PCs, consoles have just lost a sale. It has affected sales. Occam's Razer buddy.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]Also, Sony could have very well told Epic not to announce UTIII for the PC at Sony's press conference. Sony does have that control.LosDaddie

I'm responding to the only part worth while. Don't try to disguse misconceptions in other points. I will weed them out like a gardener.
Core0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Core0
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts
I'm more surprised people still game on consoles, really. I guess something has to fill the "cost efficent, but mediocre" niche there.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

LosDaddie

eh...if you say so. Every gamer I know is either a PC or console gamer......most being a console gamers.

Only in SW have I ever seen the PC portrayed as a direct competitor to the consoles.

Also, Sony could have very well told Epic not to announce UTIII for the PC at Sony's press conference. Sony does have that control.

Your anecdotal evidence is interesting (well, not really), but Microsoft themselves say the PC userbase is 2007 is estimated at 200 million.

And on that point, who is Epic going to listen to. The firm with a console of a userbase of a few million who they've never had much major interaction with, or the system they consider their primary one, with a userbase in the hundreds of millions?

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Vandalvideo

Deihmos

YEs he is right. WHen was the last fighting game on PC or the last boxing game?

We have Kwonho, Melty Bloody, Guilty Gear, and many more. Its not that we lack Fighters by any stretch of the imagination, we just have different fighters.
meggido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 meggido
Member since 2005 • 16980 Posts

Deihmos

No console fighting games can compete with this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22497.html

This game is mega-win.

Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Great_Ragnarok
Member since 2007 • 3069 Posts

lol the consoles simply opened the gaming market and brought it to the public as a home expereince.(casual)

as for microsoft they wont you to have X360 for games and a PC(vista,Xp) for work etc. That way they both win!! crazy!!!

I for one has both because I didnt want to miss out on some console games.and like I've mentioned earlier PC are not expensive and are fully customizable.If u cant afford a perfect rig then you can make a decent affordable comp and still have a great gaming expereince.My old PC which I bought for 700$ still plays games at max resolution.and its three years old!! The latest game I have for it is lost planet and it works perfectly.however developers tend to push smart programming much more often in consoles tho because they dont have that much power to be taken in to granted.for example I'm amazed at god of war graphics.I mean the PS2 couldn't even anti alias!!!that said some PC games like crysis has really pushed the hardware tho.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualityeq"]

Wich system brought online gaming?

Wich System Invented 3d Gaming?

Wich system keeps advancing every year in new technology like HDR lighting and such?

Wich system has been around since the atari 2600 days?

Wich system invented the first person shooter ?

Wich system invented RPGs?

Wich system keeps pushing the limits every year??

shall i keep going?

PCs have been paving the way for the new consoles every year nothing more needs to be said.

Keep adding to the thread if u have more stuff PCs have invented

bri360

Technically you cant count that since games are all made on computers so every genre was invented on a computer.

that logic would mean you CAN count it, you just can't count any console creating any genre :)

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 vashkey
[QUOTE="vashkey"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="vashkey"]

Vandalvideo

You are not required to upgrade at all over the span of a generation to get graphics equal to consoles and the PC has all of the genres you know and love on consoles including fighters, action adventures, and sports. Was gonig to let you save face, but chagned my mind. *Whipes off the blood*

Yeah, it has all that if you don't mind looking really hard for it or if you just one of those losers who pirates games from other consoles. Most of the good new games are the three genres i mentioned. And you do need to consistantly upgrade to keep up and stay on top to have your games running at top cpacity and no lag. And invest alot of money into it.

I'm not embarassed. I'm telling the truth.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]Also, Sony could have very well told Epic not to announce UTIII for the PC at Sony's press conference. Sony does have that control.Vandalvideo

I'm responding to the only part worth while. Don't try to disguse misconceptions in other points. I will weed them out like a gardener.

You're just trying to twist my words instead of addressing the points I'm trying to make.

But go ahead and deny that too.:)

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Vandalvideo
Yeah, it has all that if you don't mind looking really hard for it or if you just one of those losers who pirates games from other consoles. Most of the good new games are the three genres i mentioned.I'm not embarassed. I'm telling the truth.vashkey
Thanks for admitting you were wrong about having to continuously upgrade and that the PC lacks variety. We have tons of games from numerous genres. Your only valid point was it doesn't have the series YOU like. As far as upgrading is concerned, lets set ONE thing straight right here right now. Top of the line and hgihest end settings ARE NOT equal to consoles. You find me a console that pumps out 1200P at 120 FPS and we'll talk. You don't need to upgrade to get graphics equal to consoles over the span of a generation. KAPISH?
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="vashkey"]

meggido

No console fighting games can compete with this:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22497.html

This game is mega-win.

I wonder why most of us never heard of it or why it isn't listed on this site as a PC game. I know there are some underground fighters but they are not popular plus i refuse to play anything at my PC desk that requires a controller.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 AdrianWerner

Deihmos

Actualy pc is getting some fighting games. Not much, but some do apear, like King of fighters, GuiltyGear series or Melty Blood. not to mention soon you will be able to play whole SNK fighters line-up on Gametap, with online play.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

Danm_999

Your anecdotal evidence is interesting (well, not really), but Microsoft themselves say the PC userbase is 2007 is estimated at 200 million.

And on that point, who is Epic going to listen to. The firm with a console of a userbase of a few million who they've never had much major interaction with, or the system they consider their primary one, with a userbase in the hundreds of millions?

Epic would listen to the company (Sony) who they signed a multi-part deal with.

Sony controlled everything that was said in their E3 press conference....as did MS and NInty. Nothing was said in those conferences that the Big 3 did not want to be said.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Vandalvideo
You're just trying to twist my words instead of addressing the points I'm trying to make.But go ahead and deny that too.:)LosDaddie
I alraedy adressed your points, but since you tootsie footed around it: "How sony feels" has little to do with this discussion. PC games sales DO affect console sales on some level. ITs a gaming platform, people WILL have to choose between the two for multiplats. When they choose the PC, consoles lose a sell. So yes, PCs CAN and WILL affect console sales.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Vandalvideo
I wonder why most of us never heard of it or why it isn't listed on this site as a PC game. I know there are some underground fighters but they are not popular plus i refuse to play anything at my PC desk that requires a controller. Deihmos
I refuse to play teh 360 on MUH COUCH lawl. The 360 has no shooters. See how this works? Lame. The PC has plenty of fighters, and nothings stopping you from hookign your PC up to your TV besides your own blind preference.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Danm_999

Sony controlled everything that was said in their E3 press conference....as did MS and NInty. Nothing was said in those conferences that the Big 3 did not want to be said.

LosDaddie

So you see the rhetoric of a conference more important than reality? Because the former is the only type of control Sony has.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 LosDaddie

[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]You're just trying to twist my words instead of addressing the points I'm trying to make.But go ahead and deny that too.:)Vandalvideo
I alraedy adressed your points, but since you tootsie footed around it: "How sony feels" has little to do with this discussion. PC games sales DO affect console sales on some level. ITs a gaming platform, people WILL have to choose between the two for multiplats. When they choose the PC, consoles lose a sell. So yes, PCs CAN and WILL affect console sales.

And after all that, you still haven't realized I was never debating that point.

In fact, all you've done is proven that you haven't read my posts at all. Instead, you've just picked out things you wanted to read.

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Not just in gfx, but mods are enough to beat any console.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]You're just trying to twist my words instead of addressing the points I'm trying to make.But go ahead and deny that too.:)LosDaddie

And after all that, you still haven't realized I was never debating that point.

In fact, all you've done is proven that you haven't read my posts at all. Instead, you've just picked out things you wanted to read.

Are you kiding? You explicitly stated that Sony and microsoft don't consider them as a direct competitor. That post I just made MORE than covers this statement.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]

Danm_999

So you see the rhetoric of a conference more important than reality? Because the former is the only type of control Sony has.

The reality is that neither MS or Sony see the PC as a direct competitor to their platform, especially MS.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Vandalvideo
The reality is that neither MS or Sony see the PC as a direct competitor to their platform, especially MS.LosDaddie
Again, how they feel means jack in this discussion. PC sales do affect console sales. It IS a direct competitor.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 vashkey
Seeing as you can't put up a real counter argument, I guess I win.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 LosDaddie

[QUOTE="LosDaddie"]The reality is that neither MS or Sony see the PC as a direct competitor to their platform, especially MS.Vandalvideo
Again, how they feel means jack in this discussion. PC sales do affect console sales. It IS a direct competitor.

YOu can keep repeating that, but the Big 3's actions speak otherwise.

Unlike the PC, you don't see x360/PS3 versions of a game announced at the competitor's E3 conference. NOw just why is that?

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Vandalvideo
Can you read unless your some computer nerd no one is going to think it's cheap to keep up twith the constant upgrading. And like I said, there are no good PC games unless you like only FPS, strategy games and MMOs. "KAPISH"?vashkey
I will repeat, since you can't seem to comprehend the words that are coming out of my mouth. Find me a console that supports 1200p at 120FPS. I dare yu. Thats right, YA CAN'T. Highest settings DO NOT equal consoles. PERIOD. You do not have to upgrade at all to keep up with consoles. Upgrading is not a requirement. Not to mention we have a wide variety of genres.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 vashkey
Also, not only does the PC fail in variety, but also in sales. Most Gamestops don't even carry PC games since they make up less than 10% of game sales.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 AdrianWerner

And like I said, there are no good PC games unless you like only FPS, strategy games and MMOs. "KAPISH"?

vashkey

And there are no good console games unless you like only sports, shooters and racing. "KAPISH"? :D

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Vandalvideo
SO you suggest I move my computer back and forth to hook it up to a TV so I can play a fighter that no one plays? Sure....onsoles are better for those kind of games and the community is always much larger. The most popular PC onine game to this day is the first Half Life.Deihmos
Nothing is stopping you from hooking up your PC to your TV besides your own blind prereference. The PC has plenty of great fighters. I could care less about your opinion. Once again, your opinion means jack in this discussion. The fact of the matter is the PC has plenty of every genre.
meggido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 meggido
Member since 2005 • 16980 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]I wonder why most of us never heard of it or why it isn't listed on this site as a PC game. I know there are some underground fighters but they are not popular plus i refuse to play anything at my PC desk that requires a controller. Deihmos

I refuse to play teh 360 on MUH COUCH lawl. The 360 has no shooters. See how this works? Lame. The PC has plenty of fighters, and nothings stopping you from hookign your PC up to your TV besides your own blind preference.

SO you suggest I move my computer back and forth to hook it up to a TV so I can play a fighter that no one plays? Sure....

I was kind of being sarcastic when I posted that video, which I don't think anyone watched.

In the game you drag your mouse across the enemies face to slap them. :|

And I don't see why we should care if you don't use controllers at your desk. Doesn't make a difference IMO and what about emus :o

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="LosDaddie"]The reality is that neither MS or Sony see the PC as a direct competitor to their platform, especially MS.LosDaddie

YOu can keep repeating that, but the Big 3's actions speak otherwise.

Unlike the PC, you don't see x360/PS3 versions of a game announced at the competitor's E3 conference. NOw just why is that?

You can't deny the simple FACT that PC sales can and will affect console sales in some form or fashion. ITs just juvenile.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 vashkey

[QUOTE="vashkey"]Can you read unless your some computer nerd no one is going to think it's cheap to keep up twith the constant upgrading. And like I said, there are no good PC games unless you like only FPS, strategy games and MMOs. "KAPISH"?Vandalvideo
I will repeat, since you can't seem to comprehend the words that are coming out of my mouth. Find me a console that supports 1200p at 120FPS. I dare yu. Thats right, YA CAN'T. Highest settings DO NOT equal consoles. PERIOD. You do not have to upgrade at all to keep up with consoles. Upgrading is not a requirement. Not to mention we have a wide variety of genres.

It is a requirement if you want to play the more recent games that are actually worth playing.... Then again, to me there are no PC games worth playing. I don't like MMOs or stategy games and I prefer Halo over any PC fps I've ever played. That and alot of the PC FPS games are also on consoles.

Theres really no point in gaming on a PC for me.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Vandalvideo
Also, not only does the PC fail in variety, but also in sales. Most Gamestops don't even carry PC games since they make up less than 10% of game sales.vashkey
PC doesn't fail in variety, we have a WIDE variety of genres. Forget about digital distribution?
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts

Also, not only does the PC fail in variety, but also in sales. Most Gamestops don't even carry PC games since they make up less than 10% of game sales.vashkey

they dont carry them very often because you cant rent or return PC games...both of which are very profitable to stores.

go to bestbuy and check their...the PC section is actually bigger then any individual console platfrom.