Why PC gaming will always own cosoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dualityeq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dualityeq
Member since 2003 • 606 Posts

Wich system brought online gaming?

Wich System Invented 3d Gaming?

Wich system keeps advancing every year in new technology like HDR lighting and such?

Wich system has been around since the atari 2600 days?

Wich system invented the first person shooter ?

Wich system invented RPGs?

Wich system keeps pushing the limits every year??

shall i keep going?

PCs have been paving the way for the new consoles every year nothing more needs to be said.

Keep adding to the thread if u have more stuff PCs have invented

Dualityeq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dualityeq

i remember my Vic 20 and commodore 64 lol

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
PC gaming also has the advantage of being attached to a proliferate modern electronic item that isn't likely to be removed from our society any time soon.
x_boyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 x_boyfriend
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts

PC gaming also has the advantage of being attached to a proliferate modern electronic item that isn't likely to be removed from our society any time soon.Danm_999

Haha true that.

N-K0d3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 N-K0d3R
Member since 2004 • 500 Posts
PC is the only system that always had and always will have his category on gamespot (up there on the site`s navigation menu). GCN had its category, now it`s gone... GBA had, N64 had etc. They`re all gone now. PC still stands
Dualityeq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dualityeq

HAHAHA i remember having to type my lines of code in to create the games those were the days

Dualityeq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dualityeq

Also u see what happens when we dont get auto aim on our FPS

HAHAHA

Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts

I'll add:

Fully Customizable specs

Games are cheaper

Better and cheaper online

Customizable controls

NerdMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NerdMan
Member since 2002 • 2749 Posts
Nobody disputing this? How dissapointing, no n00bs to own.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

Not to mention the fact that consoles will probably never have the sort of install base in homes that PC's have.

But since you only seem to be pointing out the praises of PC's, let me point out a few negatives. The PC gets nowhere near as many games as consoles. The PC doesn't have as much variety as games on a console, (what's the last really great platformer you played on a PC???), & there are always issues of compatibility/bugginess/upgrading/expensive OS's etc with PC's.

Just playing the Devil's advocate here so that you all don't start patting yourselves on the back too much ;)

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

Nobody disputing this? How dissapointing, no n00bs to own.NerdMan

Geez are you really that desperate for ownage?:x

my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 my_name_is_ron
Member since 2005 • 5549 Posts

Wich system keeps advancing every year in new technology like HDR lighting and such?

shall i keep going?

PCs have been paving the way for the new consoles every year nothing more needs to be said.

Dualityeq

a current gaming platform shouldn't be compared to others by what the previous incarnations have invented. so what if the pc 'invented' rpgs? does that mean all console rpgs are inferior? no it doesn't.

hardly any pc games interest me and i feel there is more variety on consoles. consoles are also cheaper than keeping completely up to date with pcs and you don't have to know how to upgrade a console for it to work with the most recent titles. all in all, if you understand the insides of a pc then i'm sure yuou'll have a great time with shooters, strategy and sandbox games, not forgetting console ports with mods. however, i don't want to fret over how my computer will handle the game i just spent too much to own. if i buy it for a console i know it will work.

taikthebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 taikthebate
Member since 2007 • 1427 Posts
Nobody disputing this? How dissapointing, no n00bs to own.NerdMan
Well thats one part about PCs that stinks. Checkz out my uber 1337 skillz. Casual gaming is fun to.
Avatar image for mynameisjosh657
mynameisjosh657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 mynameisjosh657
Member since 2004 • 1285 Posts

Being a recent owner of a pretty nice PC, I now see the advantages of PC gaming as well as it's disadvantages. Pretty much all of the so called "exclusive" 360 games will eventually come out on PC (Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4) except for Lost Oddysee and Blue Dragon, which look like console exclusive JRPGs. It's also getting games like Crysis, World in Conflict, Hellgate London, and Starcraft 2. Good luck seeing those games on consoles! Mods and stuff are cool too, as well as services like Direct2drive and fileplanet that make lazy people like me not have to drive out to town to buy a new game. PCs can surf the internet better than consoles and have keyboards and mouses. The only thing PC doesn't get is Nintendo games and games like Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, etc. that only appear on consoles. Other than that, PC pretty much does own console gaming.

And for the people who say stuff like "PC gaming is buggy, requires maintenance, it's a hassle, etc." A couple things. 1.) you've probably never owned a sweet, reliablegaming rig and 2.) My 360 has frozen and crashed more than my PC. I have Oblivion on both my 360 and PC, on my PC it looks better and it's never crashed. Oblivion on my 360 has frozen up and crashed so many times that I just got frustrated and got it for PC. A 360 is less reliable than a nice computer.

my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 my_name_is_ron

Being a recent owner of a pretty nice PC, I now see the advantages of PC gaming as well as it's disadvantages. Pretty much all of the so called "exclusive" 360 games will eventually come out on PC (Gears of War, Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4) except for Lost Oddysee and Blue Dragon, which look like console exclusive JRPGs. It's also getting games like Crysis, World in Conflict, Hellgate London, and Starcraft 2. Good luck seeing those games on consoles! Mods and stuff are cool too, as well as services like Direct2drive and fileplanet that make lazy people like me not have to drive out to town to buy a new game. PCs can surf the internet better than consoles and have keyboards and mouses. The only thing PC doesn't get is Nintendo games and games like Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, etc. that only appear on consoles. Other than that, PC pretty much does own console gaming.

And for the people who say stuff like "PC gaming is buggy, requires maintenance, it's a hassle, etc." A couple things. 1.) you've probably never owned a sweet, reliablegaming rig and 2.) My 360 has frozen and crashed more than my PC. I have Oblivion on both my 360 and PC, on my PC it looks better and it's never crashed. Oblivion on my 360 has frozen up and crashed so many times that I just got frustrated and got it for PC. A 360 is less reliable than a nice computer.

mynameisjosh657

i know that pc owners don't need to upgrade their systems whenever a new game or piece of hardware comes out, but every pc owner, if they want to stay up to date will, at some point have to upgrade their base unit. opening up the back of a piece of electrical gear, pulling stuff out and putting newer stuff in is something i don't understand and therefore would not be comfortable doing. which is why i prefer console gaming.

Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Great_Ragnarok
Member since 2007 • 3069 Posts
lol Its a well known myth that people use saying that a PC is costly and have to be upgraded every year or so. Its possible to buy a PC thats far more powerful than the PS3 for a cheaper price!!! and lets not forget that the PC gaming industry is the largest.Its also funny how ninetndo have come to cheap novelty tactics by changing its interface and claim it as revolution. the keyboard and the mouse hasn't changed at all but it still manages to deliver a more rich experience than the wii.
my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 my_name_is_ron

lol Its a well known myth that people use saying that a PC is costly and have to be upgraded every year or so. Its possible to buy a PC thats far more powerful than the PS3 for a cheaper price!!! and lets not forget that the PC gaming industry is the largest.Its also funny how ninetndo have come to cheap novelty tactics by changing its interface and claim it as revolution. the keyboard and the mouse hasn't changed at all but it still manages to deliver a more rich experience than the wii.Great_Ragnarok

so it's possible to play every pc game you want to play on max settings without ever upgrading anything inside your pc from time to time? i've spent £440 on consoles (a wii and an xbox360) in the past year which i intend on keeping for about 5 years. so that's about £90 per year. how muchis pc gaming likely to cost you in hardware upgrades in that time? i'd imagine it would be similar but a bit more nonetheless

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

shall i keep going?

Dualityeq

Those aren't reason why "Pc is better than console" but are mostly things that the PC did first/are doing first.
To say that "I was first, which means I am better than you" is not saying to much because every console this generation is so much more advanced than a 2600, offer an online service that is argueably easier than whats on a PC, reinvented all those generes of games you've mentioned with a release of a game in that genre at some point, is pushing the limits on graphics and what we see in the game.

I mean, you could keep going but all your said points are refutable as to why "PC is greater than consoles" because what one person can get from it could be something totally different and/or negatively impact them, making them completely disgusted with PC gaming. Highly unlikely probably but still enough to thwart your every point.

Basically..this whole thread is one big ole' fat opinion. Hell, I can even list reasons why console gaming owns PC gaming. I think I will:

Easier to use:

You buy a console, you buy a disc, you slide it in, and play until you get bored.Overthrow

More retail games(According to GSpot there are over 31,000 console games)
To get the best out of console, you ultimately end up paying less. Not speaking face value.
More mobility, especially when you take in consideration that you have 'the best' that platform has to offer. Try carrying around a HD2900XT or 8800GTX in a micro ATX case.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

so it's possible to play every pc game you want to play on max settings without ever upgrading anything inside your pc from time to time? i've spent £440 on consoles (a wii and an xbox360) in the past year which i intend on keeping for about 5 years. so that's about £90 per year. how muchis pc gaming likely to cost you in hardware upgrades in that time? i'd imagine it would be similar but a bit more nonetheless

my_name_is_ron

1. Playing games in SD is ridiculous.
2. After 5 years the 360 will be very very far behind pc's (The difference is already bad enough)
3. My 8800gts will easily last longer than your 360
my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 my_name_is_ron
[QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"]

anshul89

1. Playing games in SD is ridiculous.
2. After 5 years the 360 will be very very far behind pc's (The difference is already bad enough)
3. My 8800gts will easily last longer than your 360

1. i play games in hd

2. only in graphics perhaps. gameplay is something that doesn't 'fall behind'. but in 5 years time my xbox will still play the games i buy for it. won't your pc, with 5 year old hardware inside it, struggle to play games at max settings?

3. maybe you're right, i dunno what a 8800gts is, but i repeat point #2.

i also prefer console gaming because i don't have to replace outdated bits inside my console. when it gets too old the next xbox or playstation will be out.

as for keyboard and mouse, well i only see the advantages of them in games like fps's, rpgs and strategy games. titles that the pc has in spades. i'd like to see a keyboard and mouse provide superior controls forplatform and driving games

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pro_wrestler
[QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"]

anshul89

1. Playing games in SD is ridiculous. /Your opinion.
2. After 5 years the 360 will be very very far behind pc's. /Its all about the experiece you get from it. Its the reason why XBLA and VC exists...
3. My 8800gts will easily last longer than your 360 /Not sure what this means..though expect to see a drop in performance over the life of this gen. Its called scalling which is non-existant on consoles.

:)

Avatar image for -LegendaryLuck-
-LegendaryLuck-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -LegendaryLuck-
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts
Viva la PC! I can understand why PC Fanboys...lemmings, if I understand this animal talk right. I can understand why Lemmings prefer PC gaming over all console gaming, the best backwards compatability, mods, best online, best library of games, region free, etc. etc. But you Lemmings should admit, consoles have their ups to. To many people, building/upgrading a PC can be intimidating, and having the items ready in the box with simple plug-in-and-play method of set up can be attracting also.
JCblueside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JCblueside
Member since 2005 • 14529 Posts

shall i keep going?

Dualityeq

Which system is so damn expensive to keep up to date and play its games at full potential!?

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pro_wrestler

Viva la PC! I can understand why PC Fanboys...lemmings, if I understand this animal talk right. I can understand why Lemmings prefer PC gaming over all console gaming, the best backwards compatability, mods, best online, best library of games, region free, etc. etc. But you Lemmings should admit, consoles have their ups to. To many people, building/upgrading a PC can be intimidating, and having the items ready in the box with simple plug-in-and-play method of set up can be attracting also.-LegendaryLuck-

You mean cows.

The whole mod thing is the most refutable thing about PC games. Its bad enough that you have to keep your drivers up to date for any GPU if you want the best performance but modding your game can cause all kinds of unwanted glitches. Does not have best library of games, does not have the best online.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anshul89

2. only in graphics perhaps. gameplay is something that doesn't 'fall behind'. but in 5 years time my xbox will still play the games i buy for it. won't your pc, with 5 year old hardware inside it, struggle to play games at max settings?

my_name_is_ron

Take crysis for example...

The 360 will die trying to play the game at max settings if its ported.

And my pc (Its not even a top of the line pc too) will be able to run 99% of the multiplats at higher settings than the 360 for another 5 years :D
my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 my_name_is_ron
[QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"]

anshul89

And my pc (Its not even a top of the line pc too) will be able to run 99% of the multiplats at higher settings than the 360 for another 5 years :D

max settings for a console and a pc are completely different entities. because the hardware inside a console is predetermined the graphics you get in a console game (port or not) are the max settings, whereas because a good pc will be more powerful it will be able to manage better graphics.

it goes back to my original point that any game i buy for my console will work without having to sacrifice any of the graphics available to that platform, whereas there will eventually come a point in your pc's life where your graphics card will be unable to play the most recent games with the best graphics. and i'm willing to bet that time will be before the new xbox or playstation is released.

besides, is the pc gamers argument just about online, graphics and keyboard and mouse? what about the gameplay? surely that's the most important thing unless you just enjoy gawping at pretty pictures

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
The only reason I don't PC game as much as Console game is the lack of JRPGs, Platoformers and fighters. And those are my favourite genres.
my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 my_name_is_ron
so yes i suppose you could say that pc gaming owns console gaming, but only consistently from a graphics perspective
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#29 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
$1000 dollars for a pc that will run games at least semi-decently
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts

Add mods, cheaper games and a far greater online expirence too :)

KirbyFan10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KirbyFan10101
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts

Console gaming is fun and easy.

A few years ago I had the time to install drivers, grab updates, do my own tech support and update my PC by myself. And those were great times, and back then I lovd it.

Now I get home from a late nights work, I want an ice cold beer and a hassle free couple of hours to relax and enjoy myself. I don't have time to be fiddling around with graphics settings 'till I hit the sweet spot, nor am I interested in sweating as I read the "reccomended requirements" on the side of the box.

If you love PC gaming, more power to you. Some of us enjoy consoles more. Why do you feel the need to gloat your supposed superiority over others? A little insecure, maybe?

Avatar image for kefkaconchetuma
kefkaconchetuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kefkaconchetuma
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts
i don't like pc gaming i do like some games on pc though hehe i just don't like to have my eyes red by looking so close at a freaking monitor while my arms hurt by pressing those damn uncomfortable keyboard directions , still there are som epic games on pc, but i still prefer consoles and will always just my opinion.
Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Great_Ragnarok

lol you dont know what an 8800gts is????? Then I'm afraid you dont know much about PCs let alone how much they cost or how often you have to upgrade.

First of all upgrades are options, you dont have to do them coz while the games are developed for with the highest setting in mind they make it possible for weaker PCs to play as well. and some games even on medium settings out class the consoles.and you dont have to upgrade to vista yet coz most DX10 games like Crysis are also compatible with DX9.

HD display runs lower compared to the PC.However thats because TV uses large pixels and PC uses smaller ones.

My old PC cost me 700$ and its 3 years old(now)!! and still handles brilliantly. and easily puts the 360 and the PS3 to shame!

note that I got the parts individualy and made them myself which is what the large majority of us PC gamers do.The keyboard and the mouse gives the most efficient and the highest number of inputs for a game!! and its extremely simple to match out puts for it. and the experience for action games and driving games are also good in PCs. except DMC3:SE which was the worst and laziest port ever(didnt let me custmoize buttons).

Now it may seem like I hat consoles but I dont.I own xbox,360,PS1,Wii and a PS2.I bought them because they had great games.Its that I hate consoles whent they become pretentious!!

Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts

Basically..this whole thread is one big ole' fat opinion. Hell, I can even list reasons why console gaming owns PC gaming. I think I will:

Easier to use:
[QUOTE="Overthrow"]You buy a console, you buy a disc, you slide it in, and play until you get bored.Pro_wrestler

More retail games(According to GSpot there are over 31,000 console games)
To get the best out of console, you ultimately end up paying less. Not speaking face value.
More mobility, especially when you take in consideration that you have 'the best' that platform has to offer. Try carrying around a HD2900XT or 8800GTX in a micro ATX case.

Interesting how you lump all console games together. There are over 31000 console games, how many different consoles do you need to play them?

Whereas a current PC has access to almost every PC game ever released. Consoles are out of the league on that topic.

You notion of consoles costing less? I seriously doubt that too. If you buy a current gen console, say at $400.00, you have no online, no second controller, and a host of other things you most likely will get overcharged by the manufacturer to purchase. Additionally games cost substantially more. Console games on average cost about 30% per title more than PC games.

In the future consolies have microtransactions to look forward to as well. That looks like that will be fun.

Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Great_Ragnarok

Those things we mentioned earlier affects the gameplay drasticaly.Theres no other controller that offers the inputs of the PC.In a PC the game mechanics are so easy to understand and so is very easy to master.therefore gameplay is just awesome.Of course there are a lot of merits in consoles as well. such as the ease of developing titles and maximising hardware. Because they dont have to make thier games compatible for a lot different systems they can get the best out soon.also developing for a console prevents developers from being lazy because theres no grunt to rely on.where as sometimes PC developers become very lazy and as a result are forced to use powerful computers to do brute force calculations.

The best thing about PC is the ability to have a customized experince.and that not everyone has to have a expensive PC.If you dont have much money then you can still buy a very cheap PC thats more powerful than a console and still play games.
Despite the consoles weak power they can still make some great graphics due to very smart programming.But such programming takes quite an effort.that said there are developers for PC who utilise all the power as well.Like crysis.

and if you really want you could use ur PC like a console by connecting it to your HDTV.

Like I said before there are good things about consoles.and it is very simple to set up its that sometimes consoles tend to get pretentious!!

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 anshul89

3. maybe you're right, i dunno what a 8800gts ismy_name_is_ron

99% of cows and lemmings are like that. ;)
Avatar image for norfair_dweller
norfair_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 norfair_dweller
Member since 2007 • 1639 Posts
You forgot "the biggest library of great games".
xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

shall i keep going?

Dualityeq

Look this is what I do for my living I work on PCs. I don't think anyone on gamespot is arguing what it has, and hasn't invented. I think the biggest argument on system wars is which is more popular, which has better graphics(Which really shouldn't be argued), and which has the better games. But to be honest with you just because PC had all these things first doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be the top dog in the gaming market. Consoles in the past 10 years have given pc a run for its money if not taken over it. I think the real question is, is which has the biggest gaming community consoles or pcs?

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts
[QUOTE="my_name_is_ron"]

anshul89

Do you know why you need higher settings on a PC? It's because you are sitting 18 inches from the screen. 720P looks just as sharp when you are sitting 4 foot away from a 42 inch HDTV screen. :roll:

naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 naughtydog360
Member since 2007 • 805 Posts

shall i keep going?

Dualityeq

U can have all those, But will get TOns of Exclusives and multi-plats not comming to PC :)

U can Enjoy ur 5 Games/ per year

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualityeq"]

shall i keep going?

naughtydog360

U can have all those, But will get TOns of Exclusives and multi-plats not comming to PC :)

O Really, Let me remind you pc has the highest number of AAA and AA titles each and every years.

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

PC gamming and console gamming are different and to say PC gaming will always own consoles is kind of dumb because if that were true there would be no consoles

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

Not to mention the fact that consoles will probably never have the sort of install base in homes that PC's have.

But since you only seem to be pointing out the praises of PC's, let me point out a few negatives. The PC gets nowhere near as many games as consoles.The PC doesn't have as much variety as games on a console,(what's the last really great platformer you played on a PC???), & there are always issues of compatibility/bugginess/upgrading/expensive OS's etc with PC's.

Just playing the Devil's advocate here so that you all don't start patting yourselves on the back too much ;)

ColoradoKindBud

1. The PC has alot more games coming than any one console, try to keep up.

2. Outside of fighting games, I can't really think of anything the console has, that the PC doesn't.

3. If $100 is expensive for a new OS to you, then you must be one broke mofo then.

P.S. I haven't had one single issue with windows vista yet. It plays all my old games that I have installed without issue.

GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts
thyat is why this is system wars, not platform wars. We know that if youstick in PC, it will always win.
blubsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blubsi
Member since 2004 • 45 Posts

ot sure what this means..though expect to see a drop in performance over the life of this gen. Its called scalling which is non-existant on consoles.

:)

Pro_wrestler

LOL

Maybe you're a fakeboy and I've just taking the bait, but if not that is one of the best examples of self-ownership I have ever seen.

I think the word you are looking for is Scalability. Scalability is one of the great benefits of the PC platform. It's also the reason the platform became so popular in the first place, and it will be a major factor in the continued success of the platform. Ever wondered why the PC so commonly represents the cutting edge of technology? This is one of the reasons.

Read about what scalability actually means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalability
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualityeq"]

shall i keep going?

naughtydog360

lol you that wasnt very smart to say....

since the 360's launch....the PC has gotten 43 AA exclusives....the 360 has gotten 7.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

But since you only seem to be pointing out the praises of PC's, let me point out a few negatives. The PC gets nowhere near as many games as consoles. The PC doesn't have as much variety as games on a console, (what's the last really great platformer you played on a PC???), & there are always issues of compatibility/bugginess/upgrading/expensive OS's etc with PC's.

ColoradoKindBud

Nowhere near as many games as consoles? All consoles combined, yes. But why are you comparing one platform to 3? Compare the PC to one other system, and we do get the most games. We actually have the largest gaming library, so I don't see where you getting these facts from.......

Variety? When's the last time the 360 had an amazing RTS? What about any type of sim (racing, tank, helicopter, flight, combat, etc, etc, all which provide a totally different experiance than the other)? What about adventure (no, not RE4 type adventure games)? What about games like Galactic Civ? How many hardcore tactical FPS's like OFP or ArmA do consoles get?

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

trix5817

Variety? When's the last time the 360 had an amazing RTS?

LOTR and C&C3 TW

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="mynameisjosh657"]

my_name_is_ron

i know that pc owners don't need to upgrade their systems whenever a new game or piece of hardware comes out, but every pc owner, if they want to stay up to date will, at some point have to upgrade their base unit. opening up the back of a piece of electrical gear, pulling stuff out and putting newer stuff in is something i don't understand and therefore would not be comfortable doing. which is why i prefer console gaming.

Honestly, upgrading now a days takes about 2 minutes, if that. Take the old GPU out snap the new one in. A 5 year old could do it. If you don't know how, just read up on it. It really isn't complicated at all. And buidling your own PC is easier than ever, although you don't have to do that if you don't want to.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

shall i keep going?

Dualityeq

Why should I care about who invented it?