Why is everyone still buying Wii's!

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheBeast789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheBeast789
Member since 2008 • 1414 Posts
Seriously i have every single nintendo console (excluding the gameboys) and Wii is the worst, its games are terrible, and still i hear people trash talking the ps3...I wish i had one, Buying a Wii is the biggest regret of my life, So if you are borderline buying a Wii, DON'T
Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts
Seriously i have every single nintendo console (excluding the gameboys) and Wii is the worst, its games are terrible, and still i hear people trash talking the ps3...I wish i had one, Buying a Wii is the biggest regret of my life, So if you are borderline buying a Wii, DON'TTheBeast789
Just becasue you do not like it does not mean there are others that can like it...
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Well, I guess nintendo's lucky the world isn't filled with 6 billion of you.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
Is this a rhetorical question? or did you make this topic to simply show your dislike for the wii? i'm guessing the latter either way, this belongs more on a blog
Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
Because they at times, can find them. Put yourself in position of a casual and you will see why they want Wiis.
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
Seriously i have every single nintendo console (excluding the gameboys) and Wii is the worst, its games are terrible, and still i hear people trash talking the ps3...I wish i had one, Buying a Wii is the biggest regret of my life, So if you are borderline buying a Wii, DON'TTheBeast789
I know i wish i never got one! SO glade MS saved me with my 360!!
Well, I guess nintendo's lucky the world isn't filled with 6 billion of you.goblaa
*cough* soon to be 7.2 billion in 2010 *cough*
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

They want the only next gen console available out of the three.

Have a nice day

TheBeast789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheBeast789
Member since 2008 • 1414 Posts
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26689431&tag=topics;title-hells-
haha way too lazy to point out the Wii's numerous flaws, but you tackled them all there.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Because Nintendo is a freaking genius, business-wise.

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

simple answer, wii buyers arent, for the most part, actual gamers. They buy it so they can say they have it, play wii sports and thats it.

try to explain to ridiculously good sales for hardware and comparably terrible sales on games. The Wiis are just a decoration in the living room like books on the wall that arent read

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
Good home party system. With simple games that you can understand even when you are wasted / high.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Because people like it?
OmegaCookie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 237

#14 OmegaCookie7
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts
While I do agree that the Wii is the worst Nintendo console to date, it's still a great console.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
People still want one, simple as that is there anything else business related that you want to go over?
More_Dakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#17 More_Dakka
Member since 2007 • 1625 Posts

Well, the Wii is leading right now primairly because there are many more casual gamers than hardcore gamers I do believe.

Though, Wii started gaining initially at least partly due to the fact that it was also the cheapest of the 3 next-gen consoles, at least initially. (Not so much the case now)

I own both a Wii and PS3, and I generally use the PS3 relatively more often. But I don't regret buying my Wii in any way- it still gets it's fair share of usage from me.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="BaraChat"]

Because Nintendo is a freaking genius, business-wise.

freek666

This.

Yes, re-releasing the Gamecube with a remote, was pure genius, from a business perspective I guess, gamers of course, don't really matter. Like if you bought a lighter that emitted water.
Shermans_HUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Shermans_HUD
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

While I do agree that the Wii is the worst Nintendo console to date, it's still a great console.OmegaCookie7

Actually your off. The gamecube was the worse to date. At least with the Wii, its backwards compatable with old school games, and has internet capabilities.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
The games are what is selling it. They just happen to be games you don't like.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
For the same reason that people buy 7 and 8 pairs of shoes and they can only wear one at a time. Options. I enjoyed the 360, didnt stop me from wanting a PS3. I enjoy the 360 and PS3, and I dont believe that the Wii is a KILLER console, but that  wouldnt stop me from getting it. Its something to do, sometimes you want to switch it up....I wouldnt mind taking a break from MGS4, PSN, Gears 2, and XBL to play Brawl for a hour or two. Thats me though.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Have a nice day

Jaysonguy
If "next-gen" is determined by a new input method, sure. I would prefer either a 360 or a PS3 over a Wii in almost any scenario you could name.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's cheap.

Attracts certain people who never played games before(like kids and certain parents, basically families).

Most games are for all ages.

It has pretty good 1st party support.

You can find some unique games if you look past shovelware crap, though there's less than 20 I believe. 

And that's about it. 

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

[QUOTE="OmegaCookie7"]While I do agree that the Wii is the worst Nintendo console to date, it's still a great console.Shermans_HUD

Actually your off. The gamecube was the worse to date. At least with the Wii, its backwards compatable with old school games, and has internet capabilities.

Yeah I agree even with a bad year I still play my Wii alot and it was worth the money.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Have a nice day

SpruceCaboose

If "next-gen" is determined by a new input method, sure. I would prefer either a 360 or a PS3 over a Wii in almost any scenario you could name.

Thats not true. If you wanted a room full of adults to make total fools of themselves, no console could do that better than a Wii. Wii + Wii music=Instant humor. Nothing on the PS3, or 360 could come close. 

Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts
[QUOTE="TheBeast789"]Seriously i have every single nintendo console (excluding the gameboys) and Wii is the worst, its games are terrible, and still i hear people trash talking the ps3...I wish i had one, Buying a Wii is the biggest regret of my life, So if you are borderline buying a Wii, DON'Txmen1414
I know i wish i never got one! SO glade MS saved me with my 360!!
Well, I guess nintendo's lucky the world isn't filled with 6 billion of you.goblaa
*cough* soon to be 7.2 billion in 2010 *cough*

:shock:
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I guess all the older games are still selling the console as all newer games are terrible.  My girlfriend had one & she sold it because of the lack of good games & got her a Nintendo DS.  

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#28 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
People are buying it to play Wii Sports and Wii Fit.
GodOfSpore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GodOfSpore
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

The real gamers will have bought it already. The people buying it now are casuals who like Wii Fit and Wii Music. Oh, scratch that, nobody bought Wii Music.

So this Christmas, when you see those high Wii sales, think about who is buying it and whether this will bring more games to the Wii or more JUNK to the Wii. I happen to support the latter theory, because that's what seems like is happening.

BigJerm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BigJerm1
Member since 2004 • 938 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Have a nice day

IIJuggaNottII

Thats not true. If you wanted a room full of adults to make total fools of themselves, no console could do that better than a Wii. Wii + Wii music=Instant humor. Nothing on the PS3, or 360 could come close.

SingStar, Lips, Rock Band 1 & 2, and GH:World Tour would disagree. Plus, with those games, you're actually playing a real game. Wii Music is another in a long line of sad Wii tech demos. The main reason the room full of adults in your scenario would be fools is because one of them bought Wii Music.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
.......because Wii is still the most appealing to the casual and nongaming community.
adman66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 adman66
Member since 2003 • 1744 Posts
i dont like mgs4 or blu ray . so why are people buying ps3s?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts
People want the Wii because, well... they want it, that is the best answer I got.
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
how do you not like blu-ray? what is to hate? anyways, people buy wii because they want to enjoy some of nintendos games that you can only get on the wii. like zelda, brawl, mario galaxy, wario land, mario kart, plus a ton of virtual console games and wiiware games. that is why people buy it and that is why i bought it.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Why do people want Multi-Media Devices like 360/PS3 when they can buy a PC.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
well then get a ps3
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Why do people want Multi-Media Devices like 360/PS3 when they can buy a PC.Dibdibdobdobo

This one.  I'll stick with a Wii and a PC.

BigJerm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BigJerm1

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]Why do people want Multi-Media Devices like 360/PS3 when they can buy a PC.svetzenlether

This one. I'll stick with a Wii and a PC.

Because we already have a PC(and a laptop), but don't feel like bothering to hook up the PC to the big screen HD TV in the living room? And because we don't care for gaming on PC's?

Guntrix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Guntrix7
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts

The games on Wii are better than the PS3

Brawl, MKwii, Okami, No more heroes

that already beats the 3 games on ps3 (MGS4, LBP, and resistance 2)

btw this is coming from a wii60 owner 

Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jodan77
Member since 2005 • 2567 Posts

Regardless of your opinion on the system, Nintendo just has good tactics. They could probably sell the same console next gen but with shiny new bells next gen with the same success.

Kind of like what they did with the Gamecube...:P

BigJerm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BigJerm1

Guntrix7

I'm not the biggest fan of the PS3's lineup either, but are you serious?

Brawl: Same shallow fighting system with tons of balance issues. See how quickly the hype died down after the game was released? There's a good reason for it.

MKwii: I'm assuming you mean Mortal Kombat on the Wii? I'm not even going to comment. Waggle for fatalities. Pass.

Okami: Great game. Of course you can also play it on the PS3, since it's a PS2 game.....

No More Heroes: In most opinions, the review that game got here was an anomoly(much like Perfect Dark Zero). Combat sucked, graphics went beyond sucking, and the little "job" mini-games were lame.

As for the PS3 lineup you listed:

I'm no fan of the MGS series, but part 4 was epic in a way that isn't even fathomable on the Wii. LBP, by most accounts, is an amazing game with endless replay value. I'm personally too lazy to create my own levels, but this is the type of innovative game that would thrive on the Wii, if it weren't so busy being weighed down with shovelware. Resistance 2 is an improved sequel to one of the best shooters from last year. Just because it's not possible on the Wii doesn't make it a bad game.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts
it's like asking someone why they like a particular food. Just because you don't like it... doesn't mean others will share the same opinion.
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts
People voted for Bush didn't they? Hell it was widely accepted the world was flat at one point. The spice girls sold millions. The truth is that the mass consumer wants something like the Wii, simple, casual and lacking all that annoying depth and story type games that mire the other platforms, they just want to waggle a controller round. its the non gamers console, a console for those who say "Bio-what?" and "Valve who?"
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
People buy Wii's for two reasons: 1) They like Nintendo games, which are only available on Nintendo systems 2) They've heard good things about it or they played it and think its fun Only idiots on system wars bought a Wii thinking it would be the king of ultra-violent games or that it had graphics abilities that would beat out the 360 and PS3.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
The reason everyone is still buying Wii: Its $250, has alot of kiddie/family games, and most importantly.....they dont know any better.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
[QUOTE="Guntrix7"]

BigJerm1

I'm not the biggest fan of the PS3's lineup either, but are you serious?

Brawl: Same shallow fighting system with tons of balance issues. See how quickly the hype died down after the game was released? There's a good reason for it.

MKwii: I'm assuming you mean Mortal Kombat on the Wii? I'm not even going to comment. Waggle for fatalities. Pass.

Okami: Great game. Of course you can also play it on the PS3, since it's a PS2 game.....

No More Heroes: In most opinions, the review that game got here was an anomoly(much like Perfect Dark Zero). Combat sucked, graphics went beyond sucking, and the little "job" mini-games were lame.

As for the PS3 lineup you listed:

I'm no fan of the MGS series, but part 4 was epic in a way that isn't even fathomable on the Wii. LBP, by most accounts, is an amazing game with endless replay value. I'm personally too lazy to create my own levels, but this is the type of innovative game that would thrive on the Wii, if it weren't so busy being weighed down with shovelware. Resistance 2 is an improved sequel to one of the best shooters from last year. Just because it's not possible on the Wii doesn't make it a bad game.

He was refering to Mario Kart Wii.Duh.:roll:

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
most of them are bought by casuals who don't know much about the other consoles and don't know/care about the wii's lack of games
Ewok432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ewok432
Member since 2006 • 425 Posts
i find it hilarious that people always say its only bought by casuals. cause thats exactly how the ps2 was and the ps1 was and the snes was, suddenly tho cows are the moast hardcore and were never associated with casuals.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts
There was a line to buy Wii's this morning at Wal*Mart. They ran out two hours earlier.
tm0054

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tm0054
Member since 2005 • 557 Posts
I think the Wii sells a ton because a lot of people who don't ordinarily play video games want one. My parents and gf want one and they have hardly played video games at all to this point. A lot of the people on this board hate the Wii because it is not primarily geared towards the serious gamer. Nintendo is shifting their focus on the Bejeweled/Solitaire crowd. What is the last game released for the Wii that had true gamer appeal? SSBB in March? Nintendo sees that it can make a fortune on the casual crowd and that is their focus for the time being. Personally I question if this strategy is going to work for more than one generation - they'll probably be back to their normal strategy next gen as we've yet to see if these casual gamers are going to bother upgrading to the next Nintendo console when it comes out. I'm guessing a good % of them are in it because it is trendy (and I doubt they'll be the types to be clamoring for the latest and greatest). That being said I think the Wii makes a nice second console. For most on this board it simply isn't in the same league as a gaming PC, XBox 360 or PS3. Sure Galaxy and RE: 4 (and a few others) are awesome games but the library just isn't that deep overall. Plus waiting for killer releases can be painful. I would probably not be gaming at all at this point if it were my only console.