Why I think Wii > Xbox 360, PC

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts

I never owned a PS3 so I can't say what I think about it.

But having now played extensively Wii, Xbox 360, and the PC that I built, I can really say Wii is best.

It's simply because of the games. Many of you may think that the games on Wii don't interest you, but that's what I thought for the majority of them as well when I had Wii. But I tried them and tried to like them because it was the only console I had at the time, and I discovered some of the best games I have ever played.

Wii has great motion controls (provided you have a good set-up and play the right games in the right way) however it may not be the most intuitive system or as accurate as people have thought pre-motionPlus. Still it has delivered amazing experiences.

I tried the same on 360 and yes there are GREAT games such as Halo 3 (very over-hated in my opinion, has amazing multiplayer) and of course multiplatform games. But the games simply do not compare to what Wii has imo.

I decided I would try out PC gaming so I learned about computer parts and made the cheapest computer that would perform well. I will admit I dont play some of the older PC games, but I mean, how fair is it to compare a system that has a whole library of games from past generations? There are too many unoriginal games for the computer, too many FPS games, RTS and what-not for me.

So my question to you is: Based on consoles you've owned and played extensively on which is your favourite system?

You must say which consoles you've played and what one is your favourite out of them and why.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
Too many unoriginal games on PC. :lol:
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Love mah PS3 because of it's exclusives and overall it's a great entertainment system.

[spoiler] It's also the only current gen console I have right now. =3 [/spoiler]

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
I own a gaming PC, Xbox 360, PSP, Gamecube, PS2, and I play my brother's PS3 quite often. PC is hands down my favorite system.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 brandontwb
Too many unoriginal games on PC. :lol:DragonfireXZ95
Why not comment on why you think there aren't unoriginal games on PC? I was talking this generation of PC games, sure there are original games, like Portal and idie games, but I still think there are too many FPS games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
pc can use wii mote and eventually will get all the wii games.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

There us no reason why thinking the Wii is the best is wrong. Its just those reasons are quite poor.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DragonfireXZ95
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]Too many unoriginal games on PC. :lol:brandontwb
Why not comment on why you think there aren't unoriginal games on PC? I was talking this generation of PC games, sure there are original games, like Portal and idie games, but I still think there are too many FPS games.

Do you realize how many indie games exist on the PC in this gen alone?
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brandontwb

There us no reason why thinking the Wii is the best is wrong. Its just those reasons are quite poor.

ActicEdge
Great games and great motion controls aren't good reasons to like the Wii more?
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Wii

I don't have or want a PS3, but PC and 360 give me a "been there, done that" sort of feeling. The games available on them today, don't seem all that different to games I was playing almost 10 years ago. Aside from BioWare games, and a new Halo or Gears every three years, I have no drive to play on either platform. With Wii, I know I'm going to get a unique experience, and Nintendo games in general just feel like they have more heart to me.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

Wii has like 5 or 6 good games and the 360 has WAY more and the PC does as well

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

I own them all

• I prefer the 360 (best multiplats, Mass Effect FTW)
  • Love the PS3 (free online, Blu Ray, best exclusives)
  • Enjoy my PC (for two or three classics)

I do not like the Wii, I am sorry :cry:

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts
TC your very naughty......positive remarks about the wii will not be tolerated here :P. for the record i have played all curent platforms except the iphone/touch and own them all except the PSP (i used to have one) and the iphone/touch. my fav platform is the PC overall. very powerful, very flexible and loads of crackin games. i prefer the mouse and keyboard, games are cheaper and overall its just the best platform for most types of games imho. however i also think the wii is great. i have more wii games than i do 360 and PS3 games combined. its a great complimentary system for the PC. the wii, sadly, is inundated with crap games but there is more than enough quality there to warrant the investment. however for people who just want to play AAA blockbuster titles on something familiar...the wii is not for them. to get the best out of the wii....you need to try games outside your comfort zone. sometimes you will get burned and think something like NMH or endless ocean is complete crap...but then you might try a rune factory or little kings story and think "that was brilliant".
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

There is no reason why thinking the Wii is the best is wrong. Its just those reasons are quite poor.

brandontwb

No, its fine but if that's all you wanted to say what is there to discuss? You basically just said you like it because you like the games and the controller more. That's fine but what is there in there to be discussed?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DragonfireXZ95

I own them all

• I prefer the 360 (best multiplats, Mass Effect FTW)
  • Love the PS3 (free online, Blu Ray, best exclusives)
  • Enjoy my PC (for two or three classics)

I do not like the Wii, I am sorry :cry:

tomarlyn
The PC has the best multiplats, fyi.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 brandontwb
[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]Too many unoriginal games on PC. :lol:DragonfireXZ95

Do you realize how many indie games exist on the PC in this gen alone?

I know there are a lot, and a lot of them are also really kind of like little cool games but not full ones or full experiences. I do like Braid though
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

There is no reason why thinking the Wii is the best is wrong. Its just those reasons are quite poor.

ActicEdge

No, its fine but if that's all you wanted to say what is there to discuss? You basically just said you like it because you like the games and the controller more. That's fine but what is there in there to be discussed?

Well mostly people say what their favourite system is but they don't say what ones they've really dedicated time to. I'm just saying that as a person who likes Wii, I have tried PC and 360 and still like Wii more. A lot of people think that Wii users are fanboys that only own Wii or don't try other consoles, or at least that's what I gathered from reading stuff around here.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

As someone who has played a wii extensively over the course of a week, I disagree. The quality of the wiimote leaves a lot to be desired, at least without the motion+ addon.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
pc can use wii mote and eventually will get all the wii games.ferret-gamer
This, actually.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="brandontwb"]Great games and great motion controls aren't good reasons to like the Wii more?brandontwb

Well mostly people say what their favourite system is but they don't say what ones they've really dedicated time to. I'm just saying that as a person who likes Wii, I have tried PC and 360 and still like Wii more. A lot of people think that Wii users are fanboys that only own Wii or don't try other consoles, or at least that's what I gathered from reading stuff around here.

I'm Wii only who still thinks the other systems are better overall. Just not for me. Its a fine system with a different flavour is all, lots of people arouund here don't appreciate that. So be it.

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BURSTIIIFIRE
Member since 2007 • 2025 Posts

Is this a joke? You must be a pretty casual gamer than if you like Wii better than the 360 and PC. The 360/PC library including multiplats that it shares with the PS3 totally destroy anything on the Wii. I am talking about: (off the top of my head)

- GTA

- Halo

- Mass Effect

- Left for Dead

- Fallout

- ES IV: Oblivion

- FFXIII

- Bad Company 2

- Call of Duty

- Forza

- Crysis

- Stalker

Upcoming games:

- Alan Wake

- Splintercell

- Starcraft 2

- Diablo 3

- Halo Reach

- Red Dead Redemption

How can the Wii alone be better than these games?

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 brandontwb

As someone who has played a wii extensively over the course of a week, I disagree. The quality of the wiimote leaves a lot to be desired, at least without the motion+ addon.

topgunmv
What games have you been playing? I think games like Metroid Prime 3 and WarioWare make very good use of motion controls. I dont mind using a little waggle for some games just becasue it replaces a button. It also gets you a bit more involved and feels more natural. I want to try out Red Steel 2 it's supposed to be amazing with motion controls.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

brandontwb

What games have you been playing? I think games like Metroid Prime 3 and WarioWare make very good use of motion controls. I dont mind using a little waggle for some games just becasue it replaces a button. It also gets you a bit more involved and feels more natural. I want to try out Red Steel 2 it's supposed to be amazing with motion controls.

Just wii sports and cabela's dangerous hunts or whatever it's called. What left a particularly bad taste in my mouth was the boxing game.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ActicEdge

You must be a pretty casual gamer than if you like Wii better than the 360 and PC. The 360/PC library including multiplats that it shares with the PS3 totally destroy anything on the Wii. I am talking about: (off the top of my head)

- GTA

- Halo

- Mass Effect

- Left for Dead

- Fallout

- FFXIII

- Bad Company 2

- Call of Duty

- Forza

- Crysis

- Stalker

Upcoming games:

- Alan Wake

- Splintercell

- Starcraft 2

- Diablo 3

- Halo Reach

- Red Dead Redemption

How can the Wii alone match with these games?

BURSTIIIFIRE

To be honest if I said remove anything with shooting a gun this is what you're left with (being modest too)

- Diablo 3

- Forza

- FFXIII

Honestly, that isn't a hard list for the Wii to overcome. Even if I dodn't make excuses that list still isn't anything too beyond what the Wii has and its very linearly focused on one demographic too.

x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

Wii

I don't have or want a PS3, but PC and 360 give me a "been there, done that" sort of feeling. The games available on them today, don't seem all that different to games I was playing almost 10 years ago. Aside from BioWare games, and a new Halo or Gears every three years, I have no drive to play on either platform. With Wii, I know I'm going to get a unique experience, and Nintendo games in general just feel like they have more heart to me.

Renegade_Fury

yep "unique experience" only good games wii have is No More Heros(Wait thats coming to the 360 nevermine), Mario Galaxy, Zelda twilight princess, mario kart, and thats about it. But the 360 and the PChas Mass Effect 1&2, Bioshock 1&2, Gears of war 1&2, Fallout 3, Alan Wake, Street fighter IV, CoDMW2, ODST(it was OK), Ect.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Too many unoriginal games on PC. :lol:DragonfireXZ95
Yea after reading that I can't take anything the TC posted seriously lol.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 brandontwb

You must be a pretty casual gamer than if you like Wii better than the 360 and PC. The 360/PC library including multiplats that it shares with the PS3 totally destroy anything on the Wii. I am talking about: (off the top of my head)

- GTA

- Halo

- Mass Effect

- Left for Dead

- Fallout

- FFXIII

- Bad Company 2

- Call of Duty

- Forza

- Crysis

- Stalker

Upcoming games:

- Alan Wake

- Splintercell

- Starcraft 2

- Diablo 3

- Halo Reach

- Red Dead Redemption

BURSTIIIFIRE
Boom Blox Super Mario Galaxy Red Steel 2 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption New Super Mario Bros Super Paper Mario Mario Strikers Charged Battalion Wars Mario Kart Wii Super Smash Bros Brawl No More Heroes To name a few Those are all EXCLUSIVE games to Wii
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#28 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Never Challenge the PC! you'll be hounded by so many PC players that'll prove you wrong!

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 brandontwb

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Wii

x8VXU6

yep "unique experience" only good games wii have is No More Heros(Wait thats coming to the 360 nevermine), Mario Galaxy, Zelda twilight princess, mario kart, and thats about it. But the 360 and the PChas Mass Effect 1&2, Bioshock 1&2, Gears of war 1&2, Fallout 3, Alan Wake, Street fighter IV, CoDMW2, ODST(it was OK), Ect.

I guess you did just what your sig says, never bothered to try out all the of good games.
BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BURSTIIIFIRE

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

- GTA

- Halo

- Mass Effect

- Left for Dead

- Fallout

- FFXIII

- Bad Company 2

- Call of Duty

- Forza

- Crysis

- Stalker

Upcoming games:

- Alan Wake

- Splintercell

- Starcraft 2

- Diablo 3

- Halo Reach

- Red Dead Redemption

ActicEdge

To be honest if I said remove anything with shooting a gun this is what you're left with (being modest too)

- Diablo 3

- Forza

- FFXIII

Honestly, that isn't a hard list for the Wii to overcome. Even if I dodn't make excuses that list still isn't anything too beyond what the Wii has and its very linearly focused on one demographic too.

What's wrong with shooting a gun? Than let's not count Metriod on the Wii either since you have a gun in that as well.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Wii

x8VXU6

Cool story, bro. I have 17 360 games and almost 70 PC games, and all I can say is that Galaxy and Metroid Prime Trilogy alone have provided me more fun than any game I've played on any other platform this gen.

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BURSTIIIFIRE

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

brandontwb

Boom Blox Super Mario Galaxy Red Steel 2 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption New Super Mario Bros Super Paper Mario Mario Strikers Charged Battalion Wars Mario Kart Wii Super Smash Bros Brawl No More Heroes To name a few Those are all EXCLUSIVE games to Wii

lol those games are not better than the ones I listed. All I see is Mario this and Mario that.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 brandontwb

[QUOTE="brandontwb"][QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

BURSTIIIFIRE

lol those games are not better than the ones I listed. All I see is Mario this and Mario that.

I assume you've played them all? No. Just because it has Mario in the title does not make it any inferior to any other game. Most Mario games are excellent.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

- GTA

- Halo

- Mass Effect

- Left for Dead

- Fallout

- FFXIII

- Bad Company 2

- Call of Duty

- Forza

- Crysis

- Stalker

Upcoming games:

- Alan Wake

- Splintercell

- Starcraft 2

- Diablo 3

- Halo Reach

- Red Dead Redemption

BURSTIIIFIRE

- Diablo 3

- Forza

- FFXIII

What's wrong with shooting a gun? Than let's not count Metriod on the Wii either since you have a gun in that as well.

If I don't want to shoot things because it does not hold my attention, I basically get 4 games from your list. Nothing wrong with shooting things, just that you picked a shallow boring list of good games is all. Could have used more variety. But meh, not counting Metroid (which I forgot about) doesn't really diminsh my point.

ttam01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#35 ttam01
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts

My pc has more power than 10 wiis, END OF FREAKING STORY!

ps It also has better games.

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BURSTIIIFIRE

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

- Diablo 3

- Forza

- FFXIII

ActicEdge

If I don't want to shoot things because it does not hold my attention, I basically get 4 games from your list. Nothing wrong with shooting things, just that you picked a shallow boring list of good games is all. Could have used more variety. But meh, not counting Metroid (which I forgot about) doesn't really diminsh my point.

A shallow boring list? lol...some of those games are the best games of this GEN.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

BURSTIIIFIRE

A shallow boring list? lol...some of those games are the best games of this GEN.

You ignored the last part " of good games". Still doesn't stop the list from being cookie cutter, boring, shallow and one mind tracked. Sorry. Being good isn't really enough tbh. There are many games you could use to flesh out that list. You just picked bad is all.

brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 brandontwb

My pc has more power than 10 wiis, END OF FREAKING STORY!

ps It also has better games.

ttam01
So does mine probably, but power != fun
mike_on_mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 mike_on_mic
Member since 2004 • 886 Posts

I have PSP, DS, PS2, PS3 and 360 which I all still play. I would say theone gets the most time is the 360 for now. But it is likely to change. Since it is all based on what games I own and since I am mostly playing a couple on the 360 it is what gets fired up.

BURSTIIIFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BURSTIIIFIRE

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

ActicEdge

You ignored the last part " of good games". Still doesn't stop the list from being cookie cutter, boring, shallow and one mind tracked. Sorry. Being good isn't really enough tbh. There are many games you could use to flesh out that list. You just picked bad is all.

Well that's just your opinion...games like Fallout, GTA. Half Life, BioShock, Mass Effect are not boring to me. But do you still think that the Wii has a better library than the 360 and PC?

Keenzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Keenzach
Member since 2006 • 1210 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

BURSTIIIFIRE

dude i can see what hes saying to many of 360s games are shooters ps3 and wii have a way better variety. Who cares if some of them are best this gen? So are alot of games on wii. and it deffinetly has better exclusives.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

BURSTIIIFIRE

Well that's just your opinion...games like Fallout, GTA. Half Life, BioShock, Mass Effect are not boring to me. But do you still think that the Wii has a better library than the 360 and PC?

Yes it is. I still don't think its hard to see why that list is boringly composed though. I am not attacking the games, just that its a really stale way to show off a library but anyway . . . . .

As for the Wii, hell no, PC and 360 kick its ass in games. Not games I personally like but in general yes.

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

I find the wii to be boring.

kansasdude2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 kansasdude2009
Member since 2006 • 11802 Posts

For me, the Wii provides a multitude of gaming experiences. It's the go-to console for your fix of almost any genre that isn't crazily populated by the other consoles.

1. Mario -- Platformer
  2. Zelda -- Action/Adventure
  3. Metroid -- First Person Adventure
  4. Super Smash Bros -- 4 player fighter
  5. Mario Kart -- Kart Racer
  6. Little King's Story -- RTS/RPG/Action/Adventure
  7. Zack & Wiki -- Adventure
  8. Endless Ocean -- Scubadiving
  9. Trama Center -- Surgery Puzzle Game
  10. No More Heroes -- 3rd Person Action
  11. Red Steel 2 -- First Person Shooter/Slasher -- FPSS?

There are more, with even more obscure genres, but these are the ones I own. :)

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#45 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i own a dsi -curse you nintendo i was gonna get dsixl , now i ll get a 3ds instead

ps3

psp-needs to be replaceb ut 3ds is coming so ill wait till i find one dirt cheap

ps2

xbox360

ps1 nes snes n64 gc gbc gba gba sp gbm gg genesis w scd saturn dc 2600 and an xbox ,

as well as wii

so ya i like my wii more as do i like ds more then psp , im hyped for 3ds, , , , gonna wipe the floor with ps3 3d hahahah

not only will it be cheaper , it will be portable , haahaha

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

there aren't many good wii games that properly use the motion controls. and since i like multiplayer and shooters, wii only would give metheconduit. i'd take cod, halo, killzone, and even resistance (hate that game) over it.

besides mario, zelda, metroid, and smash bros. (the same big franchises that they use every gen) the library kind of stinks. a few diamonds in the rough, sure, but at leastthe other consoles don't soley rely on 1st party to get the job done.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

this nothing wrong with your opinion but coming here to express is not a good idea this is liked raped with power hungry males that love flashy visuals and high development value

Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

i respect your opinion but i completely disagree. ill take a couple 360 games(GTA4, Halo 3, Mass Effect 2)over the entire wii library.

to answer your question, i've played all the consoles a good amount and the ps3 is easily my favorite. i dont think i need to say why. it only does everything. lol

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="BURSTIIIFIRE"]

- GTA

- Halo

- Mass Effect

- Left for Dead

- Fallout

- FFXIII

- Bad Company 2

- Call of Duty

- Forza

- Crysis

- Stalker

Upcoming games:

- Alan Wake

- Splintercell

- Starcraft 2

- Diablo 3

- Halo Reach

- Red Dead Redemption

brandontwb

I count 5 mario games and 1 semi mario game. And only 3 AAA's.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

It seems to me it's your tastes in games that dictate what system to get. It's the same with me. I like flight sims and other simulators in addition to the regular genres. Quite frankly, none of the consoles have the simulators I like. That means it's the pc for me. That said, we do have a Wii and PS3 at home (plus GC and PS2).