Why I'm not sold on Shadowfall

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

Well, if you aren't aware of modes, major gameplay changes, system overhauls, etc. - then i'm afraid you have HONESTLY not be looking hard enough because a TON of it is out there.

MP - No EXP based unlock system a la CoD/BF, everything is unlocked right when you start MP. Progression system is tied exclusively to challenges, challenges unlock further abilities for your class.

- Gamemodes can still change up on the fly mid-match like in KZ2 or KZ3, but now you can create your own custom gamemodes and share them on the online gamemode sorting system. You can vote up or down custom gamemodes that are good or bad. GG has provided 12 or so gamemodes that will be standard, the rest are all community driven

- All additional Maps for COMPETITIVE MP will be free of charge.

- Season Pass for KZ:SF unlocks a horde-based co-op mode. Season pass nets you all the additional content that pertains to that mode.

Singleplayer - Many (might be majority, still unclear how many do this) of the levels are open ended, allowing you to explore environments, complete multiple objectives in any order you choose, and approach encounters by any method you desire. Two levels have been shown so far using this.

- At least one playable zero-g section.

-The OWL drone gives you multiple abilities unique to the campaign.

-In the open-ended levels, stealth seems to be a viable playstyle.

- For the first time in series history, game's narrative takes place seemingly outside of a central conflict. Central narrative is more about stopping any 'powder keg' situations from getting out of hand that COULD re-ignite the war between the two factions.

- For the first time, you will explore civilian environments, most notably Helghan civilians.

These are a few of the things off the top of my head. I'm sure there are a few more surprises we'll find out about come launch day.

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

The gunplay is in between KZ2 and KZ3.

For the single player, the environments are now much more open. There is destruction. You can now choose different approaches to playing the game. You now have control of the OWL, which is a bot that flies around assisting you. Apparently you will also be making decisions in the story mode.

For the multiplayer, I haven't really looked into it much. I'm not worried about it since it has always been the best part of Killzone. I just know that there will be 3 classes, and they're allowing more customization options for the game modes.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@theshensolidus: I'm not trying to troll, but how is it that there isn't a top down description for people who don't have time to read blogs and watch videos. How is it that when I wiki other games there is info, plain and simple, for people who are looking into a potential launch purchase. Not all of us want to wade through web pages for this. Not even a strong promotional piece on Amazon other than new weapons, that Owl thing, and whatever vague reference they want to make. How is that games usually have this and this doesn't? Cause to me it sounds dileberate.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

Also, some of us haven't played Killzone in years or never have and just want an idea what to expect. Showing someone run around shooting people doesn't actually say much. I can do that in the much cheaper Counter Strike.

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

So many "Why I'm not" topics lately. Stay original people! :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

I think we all know it's not going to be anything brilliant, but I'm still looking forward to it.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Killzone isn't enough of a reason to buy a PS4 like a lot of people seem to think. They would be better off buying one later down the road unless they don't own a gaming PC which I guess means they aren't that bothered about gaming in general.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

What a stupid thread. They've told so much info about the game that I have to prevent from watching videos so I don't see spoilers