Why does UK love Knack and hate Mario?

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

Knack has been outselling Mario since forever, what's up with that? I mean Knack is a nobody made-out of whatever particles, and Mario is a legend, and yet he's been destroying Mario sale number.

#2 Posted by sts106mat (19853 posts) -

there's a new mario game out?

#3 Posted by blackace (20885 posts) -

Proof? Any links?

#4 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

UK game charts for the last 6 weeks. Knack always charted, Mario 3D World is nowhere to be seen

#5 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Because Knack was bundled with a large amount of the PS4s?

#6 Edited by blackace (20885 posts) -

So..no links to these charts? No proof.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

#7 Posted by dommeus (9373 posts) -

lol knack looks so balls

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -

@muffin2020 said:

Because Knack was bundled with a large amount of the PS4s?

This and PS4 didn't have any other platformers.

Mario will outsell it in the long run

#9 Posted by AtariKidX (6282 posts) -

Knack>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario.

#10 Edited by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

Knack>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario.

9.0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4.0

93 MC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 54

#11 Posted by Shewgenja (9614 posts) -

Knack was a pretty fun game. Some of the boss fights were awesome :)

#12 Edited by j_assassin (908 posts) -

If mario is was available on ps4, I bet you it will be a different story

#13 Edited by beerm_basic (2487 posts) -

Reason - theres not many games too choose from if get a ps4

Not many owners of wiiu

"Graphics"

#14 Posted by blackace (20885 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Knack was a pretty fun game. Some of the boss fights were awesome :)

The same thing could be said about Ryse, which got the same score. lol!!

Still don't see any proof in this thread. I'm wondering how Knack is doing worldwide against Mario 3D World. Not so good I'm sure.

#15 Edited by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

Simple really. It's not that they love Knack over Mario, it's that they love PS4 over the Wii U.

#16 Edited by AtariKidX (6282 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@AtariKidX said:

Knack>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario.

9.0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4.0

93 MC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 54

Websites opinions..............lol look at the sales......gamers love Knack.

#17 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

Very simple. Knack was a launch game that came bundled with many ps4s. It's not like people had a lot of ps4 games to choose from... On top of that, we all know Mario has much longer legs than Knack.

#18 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4802 posts) -

Knack is the best game of the century. I hope all PS4 exclusives will be like Knack >:D

#19 Posted by dommeus (9373 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Knack was a pretty fun game. Some of the boss fights were awesome :)

lol here we go

#20 Posted by MBirdy88 (8317 posts) -


they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

#21 Posted by DocSanchez (1639 posts) -

@Crossel777: Agreed

#22 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Still prefer Sackboy over them two.

#23 Posted by Speak_Low (1097 posts) -

It's not Mario - UK doesn't care about Nintendo.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750620

Nintendo doesn't have a single Wii U game in the Top 40. It was like this last month too, in the thick of the Holidays.

They can't play Mario when they don't care about the flop console it comes on. What's worse is Just Dance Wii outsells every Wii U game, and Pokemon continues to sell. So now Nintendo is confused - the only sales they are getting are for casual and kiddie games, but the Wii U has lots of casual and kiddie games and they're flopping.
Nintendo am confused!

#24 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@j_assassin said:

If mario is was available on ps4, I bet you it will be a different story

@MBirdy88 said:

they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

*laughs so hard*

#25 Edited by Basinboy (11229 posts) -

I prefer to think of it as the UK is trying to make Nintendo jealous by hooking up with a far less interesting game solely to drive Nintendo crazy.

B*tches and their damn mind games.

#26 Posted by sts106mat (19853 posts) -

@speak_low said:

It's not Mario - UK doesn't care about Nintendo.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750620

Nintendo doesn't have a single Wii U game in the Top 40. It was like this last month too, in the thick of the Holidays.

They can't play Mario when they don't care about the flop console it comes on. What's worse is

Just Dance Wii

outsells every Wii U game, and Pokemon continues to sell. So now Nintendo is confused - the only sales they are getting are for casual and kiddie games, but the Wii U has lots of casual and kiddie games and they're flopping.

Nintendo am confused!

most people here dont know what the WiiU is.

#27 Edited by Jag85 (4587 posts) -

Nintendo were never really all that dominant in the UK to begin with. Back in the 8-bit and 16-bit days, Sega dominated here. And then Sony dominated in the 32/64-bit and 128-bit days. The Wii was the first and only Nintendo console to ever dominate the UK market. And now that the Wii fad is over, things have gone back to the way they were before for Nintendo.

However, handhelds are the exception. Nintendo has always dominated the handheld gaming market all over the world.

#28 Posted by MBirdy88 (8317 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@j_assassin said:

If mario is was available on ps4, I bet you it will be a different story

@MBirdy88 said:

they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

*laughs so hard*

Whats so funny? that nintendo's patheticness with hardware is preventing the majority of gamers from experiencing mario now?.... yea. I find it quite funny myself.

#29 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3610 posts) -

Bad taste, I guess.

#30 Edited by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

@AtariKidX: Except a lot of gamers have slammed Knack, too. How many have slammed Mario 3D World?

#31 Edited by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

Europe loves SONY.

#32 Posted by Jankarcop (9618 posts) -

Because Mario is a tired played out rehash, like CoD

#33 Edited by Lucianu (9443 posts) -

@blackace said:

Proof? Any links?

Here's a link.

Also it's a combination of things as to why it's selling well over Mario 3D World. For starters, the PS brand is much stronger in Europe than Nintendo's brand, the marketing is much more competent and Knack is a launch game on a system dry of any good exclusives right now.

#34 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22488 posts) -

It's a combination of the UK never giving a shit about Nintendo outside of the Wii and Knack being bundled

#35 Edited by AtariKidX (6282 posts) -

@PannicAtack said:

@AtariKidX: Except a lot of gamers have slammed Knack, too. How many have slammed Mario 3D World?

a lot of gamers also.........

#36 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Nintendo in the UK.......... Not even once.

360 completely dominated PS3 here last gen. Lel. It's safe to say, as a whole, the UK have terrible taste in gaming. Actually so does the US. The rest of Europe and the Japanese know what's up though...

#37 Posted by clone01 (24832 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

Knack has been outselling Mario since forever, what's up with that? I mean Knack is a nobody made-out of whatever particles, and Mario is a legend, and yet he's been destroying Mario sale number.

Its probably solely to make you rant about it on an internet forum, TC.

#38 Posted by mems_1224 (47245 posts) -

Same reason people from the UK aren't funny. Because they suck.

#40 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@j_assassin said:

If mario is was available on ps4, I bet you it will be a different story

@MBirdy88 said:

they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

*laughs so hard*

Whats so funny? that nintendo's patheticness with hardware is preventing the majority of gamers from experiencing mario now?.... yea. I find it quite funny myself.

It's funny because this false assumption of how "Nintendo is better off multiplatform" is still lying around. I don't think I need to repeat on why that's a crock.

#41 Posted by super600 (30717 posts) -

@speak_low said:

It's not Mario - UK doesn't care about Nintendo.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750620

Nintendo doesn't have a single Wii U game in the Top 40. It was like this last month too, in the thick of the Holidays.

They can't play Mario when they don't care about the flop console it comes on. What's worse is

Just Dance Wii

outsells every Wii U game, and Pokemon continues to sell. So now Nintendo is confused - the only sales they are getting are for casual and kiddie games, but the Wii U has lots of casual and kiddie games and they're flopping.

Nintendo am confused!

And super mario 3d world has an attach rate of more than 20% right now and maybe over 35%.It probably already sold more than 1.5 million.

#42 Posted by Zassimick (6632 posts) -

I love Super Mario 3D World.

Still really want to play through Knack but no stores around here offer it as a rental and I'm not interested enough to pay anywhere near full price. If I wait long enough maybe it'll become a PS+ game?

#43 Posted by gameofthering (10311 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

That's how I feel.

#44 Posted by MBirdy88 (8317 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@j_assassin said:

If mario is was available on ps4, I bet you it will be a different story

@MBirdy88 said:

they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

*laughs so hard*

Whats so funny? that nintendo's patheticness with hardware is preventing the majority of gamers from experiencing mario now?.... yea. I find it quite funny myself.

It's funny because this false assumption of how "Nintendo is better off multiplatform" is still lying around. I don't think I need to repeat on why that's a crock.

I don't care about nintendo's benefit ... neither does anyone else, but they stunt their own sales. now that the wii fad is over and they don't profit as much from hardware (if at all) they now need to rely on software sales. so you tell me why mario being on PC/PS4/X1/Wii U would not get the company alot of money hmmm?

the 2 GAME stores here in Bristol ..... they don't have Wii-U's out or the games on display at the moment. only used. and 3DS.

instead of New super Mario 3D World selling 10m+ its struggled its million.... sad for nintendo, sad for gamers.

#45 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

@MonsieurX said:

@AtariKidX said:

Knack>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mario.

9.0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4.0

93 MC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 54

Websites opinions..............lol look at the sales......gamers love Knack.

Only in UK

The rest of the world doesn't really care about Knack,no wonder it's one of the top traded game

#46 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@j_assassin said:

If mario is was available on ps4, I bet you it will be a different story

@MBirdy88 said:

they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

*laughs so hard*

Whats so funny? that nintendo's patheticness with hardware is preventing the majority of gamers from experiencing mario now?.... yea. I find it quite funny myself.

It's funny because this false assumption of how "Nintendo is better off multiplatform" is still lying around. I don't think I need to repeat on why that's a crock.

I don't care about nintendo's benefit ... neither does anyone else, but they stunt their own sales. now that the wii fad is over and they don't profit as much from hardware (if at all) they now need to rely on software sales. so you tell me why mario being on PC/PS4/X1/Wii U would not get the company alot of money hmmm?

the 2 GAME stores here in Bristol ..... they don't have Wii-U's out or the games on display at the moment. only used. and 3DS.

instead of New super Mario 3D World selling 10m+ its struggled its million.... sad for nintendo, sad for gamers.

(I guess I do have to repeat something) Much of the audience found on other systems is FAR from the same as found on Nintendo systems (this comes from someone who's playing XBOX 360 games too, mind you). Mario 3D World would sell even less on other systems. Besides, aren't Sony fans trying lambast Nintendo for re-using Mario?

Nintendo would have to go against more powerful opponents in this area. What chance do they have against Rockstar, Bethesda, Activision, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix, EA, etc?

Damn sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll leave it at that.

#47 Edited by charizard1605 (58137 posts) -

Because of the PS4's general success, the Wii U's general failure, and bad taste.

#48 Edited by MBirdy88 (8317 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@j_assassin said:

If mario is was available on ps4, I bet you it will be a different story

@MBirdy88 said:

they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

*laughs so hard*

Whats so funny? that nintendo's patheticness with hardware is preventing the majority of gamers from experiencing mario now?.... yea. I find it quite funny myself.

It's funny because this false assumption of how "Nintendo is better off multiplatform" is still lying around. I don't think I need to repeat on why that's a crock.

I don't care about nintendo's benefit ... neither does anyone else, but they stunt their own sales. now that the wii fad is over and they don't profit as much from hardware (if at all) they now need to rely on software sales. so you tell me why mario being on PC/PS4/X1/Wii U would not get the company alot of money hmmm?

the 2 GAME stores here in Bristol ..... they don't have Wii-U's out or the games on display at the moment. only used. and 3DS.

instead of New super Mario 3D World selling 10m+ its struggled its million.... sad for nintendo, sad for gamers.

(I guess I do have to repeat something) Much of the audience found on other systems is FAR from the same as found on Nintendo systems (this comes from someone who's playing XBOX 360 games too, mind you). Mario 3D World would sell even less on other systems. Besides, aren't Sony fans trying lambast Nintendo for re-using Mario?

Nintendo would have to go against more powerful opponents in this area. What chance do they have against Rockstar, Bethesda, Activision, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix, EA, etc?

Damn sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll leave it at that.

Baseless assumptions.

Absolutely baseless.

#49 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26872 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

@j_assassin said:

If mario is was available on ps4, I bet you it will be a different story

@MBirdy88 said:

they dont hate mario, they hate wasting £250 on a machine so oudated. its a shame mario isn't third party.

*laughs so hard*

Whats so funny? that nintendo's patheticness with hardware is preventing the majority of gamers from experiencing mario now?.... yea. I find it quite funny myself.

It's funny because this false assumption of how "Nintendo is better off multiplatform" is still lying around. I don't think I need to repeat on why that's a crock.

I don't care about nintendo's benefit ... neither does anyone else, but they stunt their own sales. now that the wii fad is over and they don't profit as much from hardware (if at all) they now need to rely on software sales. so you tell me why mario being on PC/PS4/X1/Wii U would not get the company alot of money hmmm?

the 2 GAME stores here in Bristol ..... they don't have Wii-U's out or the games on display at the moment. only used. and 3DS.

instead of New super Mario 3D World selling 10m+ its struggled its million.... sad for nintendo, sad for gamers.

(I guess I do have to repeat something) Much of the audience found on other systems is FAR from the same as found on Nintendo systems (this comes from someone who's playing XBOX 360 games too, mind you). Mario 3D World would sell even less on other systems. Besides, aren't Sony fans trying lambast Nintendo for re-using Mario?

Nintendo would have to go against more powerful opponents in this area. What chance do they have against Rockstar, Bethesda, Activision, Capcom, Ubisoft, Square Enix, EA, etc?

Damn sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll leave it at that.

Baseless assumptions.

Absolutely baseless.

Baseless? Have you not seen the top sellers on each system? Have you not seen some of those third party games sales numbers compared to Nintendo's games? Pokemon X and Y may have sold in the millions, but GTA V still outsold it. Also compare Skyrim's hype compared to Skyward Sword and how much those games sold.

#50 Posted by BigBoss255 (3539 posts) -

I'm sorry but that question is pretty darn stupid. Are Knack and Mario on the same platform? Nobody in their right mind would purchase Knack over Mario if they were both on PS4. Knack outselling Mario says more about how undesirable the Wii U is then it says about the actual game.