Why does everyone like to kick PS3 down??

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood. nervmeister

What is so utterly sad is that you fail to realize that you're doing the EXACT same thing...

Escobahr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Escobahr
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

people tend to identify with a brand...most of the times for petty reasons...such as

"well i bought the 360 so its the best"
obivously...

thats usually what it is though, this is what i have so everything else is lame.

the 360 had a headstart and theres alot of gamers out there who are afraid of losing that lead for fear that their system will then lose system exclusives and games altogether. so they take every attempt to make sure their system stays on top...and if that means that they have to spread untruths and endlessly debate...well then thats hwat it takes.

i remember the 360's first year. it was a wasteland of crappy lame ports and horrible titles, with a few good releases sprinkled in..but for the most part it was either oblivion or nothing. most 360 fanboys forget this when they talk about the PS3's first year. its called "convenient memory disorder"

also factor in microsofts unscrupulous practice of hiring bloggers and forum weasels to constantly bash sony. microsoft is smart enough to know that a majority of gamers are dumb enough to believe anything they read, so they employ a small army of bloggers, posters, forum fanboys and other agents to spread misinformation.

when you have a group of customers with incredibly powerful ADD (ateention def disorder) raised on youtube culture...its not hard to get the Wrong (right) message out.

audioaxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 audioaxes
Member since 2004 • 1570 Posts

people hate on Sony because of their arrogance

the fanboys had it coming with how they much they claimed how much better the ps3 was going to be than anything else

so when it didnt sell or have the graphics and performance anywhere near they were bragging about, you just have to make fun of them

beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

i kick it down as its a horrible console with a few good games

Vectoin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Vectoin
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

It's because Sony made a bounty of wrong decisions, treating their customers like dirt, and shoving a trojan horse down their thoarts. Eveyrhting Sony has done up to this point has hurt it's image, and blacken their loyalist consumers. The threw countless lies at us and withdrew plenty of features we desired, for instance, rumble, and only know they are repenting for their mistakes, because of poor recpetion. Prime example http://next-generationsystems.blogspot.com/2007/06/sonys-greatest-quotes.html shows Sony's degradaation and insults us.

Now that it's doing subpar, it's attach rate is abysmal, and that the 360 has beaten out PS3, which shows signs of revival in Japan, is all the justification you need to encompass hatred towards this paperweight.

Oh, and there's no games, most people bought it for a cheap substitute of a blu-ray player, majority of it's 'potential' is yet to be seen, reinstating rumble now when they stated 'no one cares' or it's 'last gen.' Lost of exclusives, a online system nobody gives two cents about... ectera, ectera.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I don't know if its just Cows, but people tend to forget about the past. Sony shot itself in the mouth like Snake in the game trailer when they announce the price for the PS3. Also they made all kinds of promises and boasted about the things the PS3 can do and all its potential. Fast forward now, and the PS3 have nothing to offer for the masses. They've broken promises and undelivered. So its just a natural reaction for someone to bash something if that something like the Sony PS3 have lied to you, cheated you, and continue to do so.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

What is so utterly sad is that you fail to realize that you're doing the EXACT same thing...

Verge_6
Excuse me? Did I go on a tirade and bash the 360, Wii, or PC? No. I did NOT.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
[QUOTE="Verge_6"]

nervmeister

Excuse me? Did I go on a tirade and bash the 360, Wii, or PC? No. I did NOT.

I suggest you look up the term 'implication', spud.

skeebo_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 skeebo_max
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts

- People will work harder to pay for the PS3

-4d

-Next gen doesn't start until we say it does

-Rumble is last gen

They used the hype-machine that worked so well for the PS2 but this time not so much which makes it fun to pick on.

Personally, I can't wait to buy one when it has games and I know it will be amazing but if you can't understand why it's being picked on, you're a crab.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

people tend to identify with a brand...most of the times for petty reasons...such as

obivously...

thats usually what it is though, this is what i have so everything else is lame.

the 360 had a headstart and theres alot of gamers out there who are afraid of losing that lead for fear that their system will then lose system exclusives and games altogether. so they take every attempt to make sure their system stays on top...and if that means that they have to spread untruths and endlessly debate...well then thats hwat it takes.

i remember the 360's first year. it was a wasteland of crappy lame ports and horrible titles, with a few good releases sprinkled in..but for the most part it was either oblivion or nothing. most 360 fanboys forget this when they talk about the PS3's first year. its called "convenient memory disorder"

also factor in microsofts unscrupulous practice of hiring bloggers and forum weasels to constantly bash sony. microsoft is smart enough to know that a majority of gamers are dumb enough to believe anything they read, so they employ a small army of bloggers, posters, forum fanboys and other agents to spread misinformation.

when you have a group of customers with incredibly powerful ADD (ateention def disorder) raised on youtube culture...its not hard to get the Wrong (right) message out.

Escobahr
ah so you remember the cows constantly bashing the 360, every minute, of every hour, of every day. Now cows are crying about the PS3 getting bashed? Hmmmm Karma perchance?
drblake79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 drblake79
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts

I can't speak on behalf of everyone (although I'm sure it's the same for some of you) but I'll explain to you why I personally like to kick the PS3. My first system was Atari but by the time I was 7 or 8, the Nintendo became very popular. Growing up in a small town, it seemed everyone had a NES. My parents own a summer home close to the city that we used to spend our summers at. I remember hanging out in the city with some friends I met one summer and some kid in the group went on about how much better the Sega was than the Nintendo and that we were foolish for liking the Nintendo. I remember thinking he was an idiot but I let him go on thinking that. That was my first "system wars" experience.

When the Ps1 came out, I didn't give it much thought. I was in high school by then. I loved the N64 and for awhile it seemed as though everyone I knew still got the N64. But after awhile, especially after mod chips came out for the PS1, I noticed that a lot of people seemed to have a PS1 and they talked highly about it. I still loved my N64 but when the PS2 came out, I went out and bought one.

At first I thought it was a great machine but there seemed to be something missing. The graphics were great but I was never really crazy about the gameplay in most games for it. After awhile I had gotten sick of it and got a Gamecube when it came out. I decided that Playstation was just not for me, although I always respected other people's opinions. Especially since I remembered how that Sega kid acted so long ago.

By then everyone had a PS2 and was very opinionated. I would get made fun of by friends and classmates for liking the Gamecube. I remember comments like "kiddy this, kiddy that" and "Nintendo is over dude, just get over it". I was borderline being discriminated against! I'd think about the company that I had admired for so long, and had brought me so much joy during my childhood. A company that seemed to grow up at the same time as me, was being mocked, ridiculed and bashed from every angle. It became personal.

I know this may sound childish but I just have to say it...They started it.

And you can imagine the happiness I felt in my heart when I first seen the videos of the Wii. And the success that would soon follow it.

And because of all the bashing Nintendo fans have had to put up with last gen. We are entitled to have some bravado this time around. We earned the right to bash other consoles.

Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112 Battleer
Member since 2004 • 1261 Posts

-4d

-Rumble is last gen

They used the hype-machine that worked so well for the PS2 but this time not so much which makes it fun to pick on.

Personally, I can't wait to buy one when it has games and I know it will be amazing but if you can't understand why it's being picked on, you're a crab.

skeebo_max
If you actually knew what that mean't you would relize that all consoles are 4d, even the Wii.
-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
Because u cows were doing the same lastgen with everything that didn't say sony or playstation on it, what it goes around comes around, deal with it.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts
People make fun of the PS3 so much because it is so easy to, hell sony sometimes does it themselves! People like things that are easy, like the choice of a nex gen console, they don't even consider the PS3
Pajamasalad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Pajamasalad
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts
[QUOTE="skeebo_max"]

-4d

-Rumble is last gen

Battleer

If you actually knew what that mean't you would relize that all consoles are 4d, even the Wii.

Agreed. Wouldn't that make all systems that were 3d 4d?

Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116 Battleer
Member since 2004 • 1261 Posts
[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="skeebo_max"]

-4d

-Rumble is last gen

Pajamasalad

Agreed. Wouldn't that make all systems that were 3d 4d?

Techncally but sound isn't really defined as the fourth dimension, its just been believed to be.
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#117 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts

People can remain bitter about past events for very long periods of time.

Palax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Palax
Member since 2003 • 2399 Posts

obivously...

Escobahr

LOL its a Microsoft conspiracy in the press!!!

Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Techncally but sound isn't really defined as the fourth dimension, its just been believed to be.
Battleer

This has to be the most hilarious post of the day. Ironic, really, considering you just told someone that if he"actually knew what [4d] mean't [sic]"...

You really need to think for a bit before posting.

LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts
This is System Wars. SYSTEM WARS. No console is safe here.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
I knock the ps3 because when it was announced cow's were going nuts on how it was supposed to blow away EVERYTHING. And now it's flopping in everything hardware sales software sales and game quality. And Iv never liked Sony anyways.