Why does everyone like to kick PS3 down??

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Battleer
Member since 2004 • 1261 Posts
[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="i-lick-monkeys"][QUOTE="Battleer"]

Because it sucks, is it that hard to understand?

JinGodFist

its a great sytem,better then the 360 imo

I'm no fan of the 360 but I beg to differ. Could I either get an explanation or a \sarcasm, asap.

So anyone who likes PS3 better than 360 is lying/joking?:? That sounds really fanboyish

Ahh, you need to learn a very basic fact about system wars, no one cares about anyone else's oppinion, simple as dat.
JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 JinGodFist
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
I know Fanboys don't want to hear it because it's true, but just wait til 2008. I know it's been said to death, but it's true. MGS, FF, and GT5 are like 3 Halos. All three of them are major system sellers. So yeah, PS3 is still in its infancy.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
[QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.Battleer
:lol: funniest post all day, please delv into your bag of tricks and give me an example.

The example is you, my friend.
JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JinGodFist
[QUOTE="JinGodFist"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="i-lick-monkeys"][QUOTE="Battleer"]

Because it sucks, is it that hard to understand?

Battleer

its a great sytem,better then the 360 imo

I'm no fan of the 360 but I beg to differ. Could I either get an explanation or a \sarcasm, asap.

So anyone who likes PS3 better than 360 is lying/joking?:? That sounds really fanboyish

Ahh, you need to learn a very basic fact about system wars, no one cares about anyone else's oppinion, simple as dat.

Then why did you ask him for an explanationfor his opinion:roll:

Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Battleer
I know Fanboys don't want to hear it because it's true, but just wait til 2008. I know it's been said to death, but it's true. MGS, FF, and GT5 are like 3 Halos. All three of them are major system sellers. So yeah, PS3 is still in its infancy.JinGodFist
Three Halo's? Please save me lest I puke my brains out.
JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JinGodFist

[QUOTE="JinGodFist"]I know Fanboys don't want to hear it because it's true, but just wait til 2008. I know it's been said to death, but it's true. MGS, FF, and GT5 are like 3 Halos. All three of them are major system sellers. So yeah, PS3 is still in its infancy.Battleer

GT smashes Halo's sales, MGS and FFis right by Halo's sales, so I don't get your point:? If you're gonna act fanboyish, please don't post.

Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Battleer
[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.nervmeister
:lol: funniest post all day, please delv into your bag of tricks and give me an example.

The Ps3 owner's think their system is supperior. Example? The example is you my friend. You have flaud logic backed up with no proof.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

Go play LAIR and maybe you'll get an idea of why I'm disappointed in PS3.

lantus

I'm not saying it isn't trash but I seriously doubt you've played it yourself.

JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 JinGodFist

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.Battleer

The Ps3 owner's think their system is supperior. Example? The example is you my friend. You have flaud logic backed up with no proof.

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, you're a 360 owner, so try applying your logic to yourself bud.

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts
[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]

Ninja Gaiden Sigma, despite what people say its exclusive to PS3, so thats PS3's AAA exclusive here.

jethrovegas

Wrong. It's a port of a 2 year old game.

because you can play as Rachel in the original, right?

It is a ****ing port with some additional content and new graphics. It is the same core game.

How many times must this be said, damn it? :|

The fact of the matter is, if you played the origninal NG three years ago, then sigma is a big let down. The better graphics and the new contents doesn't justify the hair-pulling difficulty (Yes, I beat the original TWICE. I know just how hard this game is! Some of the boss fights almost made me threw out my Xbox because its punishing hard!), same story, same gameplay, same everything!

Am I saying the game is bad? No! I'm just saying the new contents and new graphics doesn't justify paying another $60 for basically the samething again! I rented the game then returned it for something else on teh same day because it was such a let down!

Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Battleer

[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]I know Fanboys don't want to hear it because it's true, but just wait til 2008. I know it's been said to death, but it's true. MGS, FF, and GT5 are like 3 Halos. All three of them are major system sellers. So yeah, PS3 is still in its infancy.JinGodFist

GT smashes Halo's sales, MGS and FFis right by Halo's sales, so I don't get your point:? If you're gonna act fanboyish, please don't post.

You're stacking those three against one game? Try stacking it against the whole 360 lineup, and all the lost sales.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nervmeister
[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.Battleer

Funny. Did my post evensay that PS3 owners fear that their console has the most power under the hood? Try reading a bit more carefully nex time.
Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Battleer

[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.JinGodFist

Well if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, you're a 360 owner, so try applying your logic to yourself bud.

For your info, I don't own a 360 and I don't plan to. My PCWiiDS lineup works just fine.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
I was at a local gamespot a couple weeks ago watching a Cow in denial trying to decide which bad PS3 game to buy. The dude looked like a cross between House of Pain and Eminem, and he ended up buying Folklore. I'm guessing he will play it for two days and trade it in. It Just didn't look like his type of game. While he's at the counter, he tells the Gamestop dude the obligatory "My cousin's girlfriend's brother had to send his 360 in for repairs 30 times!" story. Cows like to tell RRoD storys to each other. It is part of modern Cow culture. I've got a PS3 and a 360. The PS3 is a nice gaming machine, but in the immortal words of Chad Warden: "ain't got no gaaaaaaaaaaaymes". The last game I bought for the PS3 was Warhawk. Great game. The last one before that was VF5. I play WoW as well, so my console gaming is limited, and the 360 dominates that time because it has the games. I'm not about to kick my PS3 down the stairs or anything though :)
JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 JinGodFist
[QUOTE="JinGodFist"]

[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]I know Fanboys don't want to hear it because it's true, but just wait til 2008. I know it's been said to death, but it's true. MGS, FF, and GT5 are like 3 Halos. All three of them are major system sellers. So yeah, PS3 is still in its infancy.Battleer

You're stacking those three against one game? Try stacking it against the whole 360 lineup, and all the lost sales.

The same way PS3 has no game to match Halo's sales this year, is the same way that 360 has no game to compete with Sony's Trio next year. Besides, there's plenty more awesome PS3 gamesto mention besides those 3 games:?, so you have no point.

Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Battleer
[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.nervmeister

Funny. Did my post evensay that PS3 owners fear that their console has the most power under the hood? Try reading a bit more carefully nex time.

What good is crapy power if the PS3 can do nothing with it? Try stacking it up to Crysis.
JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JinGodFist

I was at a local gamespot a couple weeks ago watching a Cow in denial trying to decide which bad PS3 game to buy. The dude looked like a cross between House of Pain and Eminem, and he ended up buying Folklore. I'm guessing he will play it for two days and trade it in. It Just didn't look like his type of game. While he's at the counter, he tells the Gamestop dude the obligatory "My cousin's girlfriend's brother had to send his 360 in for repairs 30 times!" story. Cows like to tell RRoD storys to each other. It is part of modern Cow culture. I've got a PS3 and a 360. The PS3 is a nice gaming machine, but in the immortal words of Chad Warden: "ain't got no gaaaaaaaaaaaymes". The last game I bought for the PS3 was Warhawk. Great game. The last one before that was VF5. I play WoW as well, so my console gaming is limited, and the 360 dominates that time because it has the games. I'm not about to kick my PS3 down the stairs or anything though :)joe_g_patton

thats your opinion

JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 JinGodFist

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.Battleer

What good is crapy power if the PS3 can do nothing with it? Try stacking it up to Crysis.

PC will always be more powerful than consoles, so why compare:?

Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Battleer
[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]

[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]I know Fanboys don't want to hear it because it's true, but just wait til 2008. I know it's been said to death, but it's true. MGS, FF, and GT5 are like 3 Halos. All three of them are major system sellers. So yeah, PS3 is still in its infancy.JinGodFist

The same way PS3 has no game to match Halo's sales this year, is the same way that 360 has no game to compete with Sony's Trio next year. Besides, there's plenty more awesome PS3 gamesto mention besides those 3 games:?, so you have no point.

I'm not going to defend the 360, but I will defend the Wii. Brawl anyone?
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nervmeister
What good is crappy power if the PS3 can do nothing with it? Try stacking it up to Crysis.Battleer
And what good is a insanely graphical game if no PC has enough power to run it at an even remotely smooth framerate?
Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Battleer

[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.JinGodFist

I'm comparing because he said his console has "power under the hood". I was just owning this power.
JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 JinGodFist
[QUOTE="JinGodFist"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]

[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]I know Fanboys don't want to hear it because it's true, but just wait til 2008. I know it's been said to death, but it's true. MGS, FF, and GT5 are like 3 Halos. All three of them are major system sellers. So yeah, PS3 is still in its infancy.Battleer

Yeah, I'm down for some when it comes out.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 nervmeister
[QUOTE="JinGodFist"]

[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="nervmeister"]The reason why other console-users bash the PS3 is simple: They're insecure with what they have. So they try to mentally reassure themselves by picking on the one which they fear has the most power under the hood.Battleer

I'm comparing because he said his console has "power under the hood". I was just owning this power.

That's not what I said.
Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Battleer
[QUOTE="Battleer"]What good is crappy power if the PS3 can do nothing with it? Try stacking it up to Crysis.nervmeister
And what good is a insanely graphical game if no PC has enough power to run it at an even remotely smooth framerate?

Straight from your's truly GS themselves, "You'll need a fairly high-end system to make the game look its best." Lol you don't even need the highest-end system to make it look its best. Accept ownage my friend.
Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Battleer
[QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]

I'm down for some MGS when it comes out, your point?
queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 queenster08
Member since 2005 • 859 Posts

I don't. I still want one. There's been a 60gb ps3 sitting at my local store for like 4 months now while the 80gb are selling off the shelves.I was like wtf? I want to get that thing,because there a finally gonna be games coming out for it like Ratchet and Clank and UT3.xLegend24

I suggest jumping on it. I live in a small town that got plenty of 60G and they are all gone now at BB and GS. Went to BB today to get SMG and saw that the stack of about 30 PS3s (half 40G, half 80G) were half gone. Funny thing is, all those people would be SAB if they knew they could use that 20% Walmart coupon this week.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nervmeister

[QUOTE="nervmeister"][QUOTE="Battleer"]What good is crappy power if the PS3 can do nothing with it? Try stacking it up to Crysis.Battleer

Straight from your's truly GS themselves, "You'll need a fairly high-end system to make the game look its best." Lol you don't even need the highest-end system to make it look its best. Accept ownage my friend.

I'm accepting nothing from the likes of you.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

Read the last sentence under "THE BAD".

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts
[QUOTE="jethrovegas"][QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="jethrovegas"][QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="dracula_16"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]

Ninja Gaiden Sigma, despite what people say its exclusive to PS3, so thats PS3's AAA exclusive here.

Warp_2567

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

Snip

SMB 3 was a new core game, get it?

I have played Ninja Gaiden . I have played Ninja Gaiden Black. I have played Ninja Gaiden Sigma. They are the same game.

Sigma is not a sequel to Gaiden. It is an expansion pack.

The majority of the gameplay in Sigma can also be played in Ninja Gaiden. It is the same core game. End of ****ing story.

how was SMB3 or even the second one considered new core??? explain to me, because apparently they all possess the same core gameplay. just newer graphics and some more content, same story, same gameplay formula, etc. Sounds like NGS

I really wanted someone else to take this but couldn't stand it anymore......

If you really think SM2 and SM3 is all the same then you really need to take a gun and shoot yourself!

Many people have complaint that SM2 is the worst of all SM platform game because it's unlike any SM game. You pluck veggies and throw it at enemies. You can choose from different characters, Mario, Luigi, Toad and Princess Peach, each with different characteristics before starting a level. There is a mini bounous game where you spin the jackpot for more lives etc.

SM3 is still considered by some as the epitome of platform goodness and the best mario game so far. It's new content not just added to the gameplay, but completely changed how the game is played. The racoon leaf for ex. totally opened up a whole new arena that is not found in any other mario game previous, especially not SM2! , the sky and you can also swing the tail to beat enemies or horizontal blocks. The frog suit made swimming faster and a bunch of other that totally changes how the game is played! Trying using SM or SM2 strategies on SM3 will lead to only one thing! A quick and painful death! So anyone who says SM3 is an "Upgrade" of SM2 doesn't know what the heck they are talking about and need to dragged outside and shot for such a stupid offense! Saying SM3 is the same as SM2 is about as fanboyish as saying SMG is the same as SM64!

NGS is NOT an exclusive because it's new content does not change how the game is played! The story is still the same, the new content barely if at all changes how the game is played and doesn't add any new strategies to the game. NGS is cool for those who never played the original. But for some of us who already played the original to death and already beat the game twice, its a big yawner because it adds nothing new to the game. It just felt like a "Souped-Up" version, that's about it.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

I givecredit to youpeople out there that still remain optpmistic about PS3, but I can't unless something drastic were to happen and dramatically change the business model on what Sony is using. Do you guys honestly think PS3 is in a wonderful state or something? It's not even performing half as good asSonyhad predicted, whether you admit it or not, despite the fairly opomistic front, Sony internally is a mad house. They've dropped the price of their console $200 in one year, please people don't tell me I'm the only one that thinks that's a cause for concern. Andit's not driving software like it's predecessors, PlayStation used to be the 'go-to' console to make money on, now I'm seeing games being cancelled, getting ported, or downright just not happening because it's too expensive, and they have to sell a million copies to turn a profit.

PS3 is a great machine, but not hyped up to what you guys like to think of it as, same for 360,they both havesome major faults, but every console I've had has so I'm able to cope with them, but PS3 is just way off the charts for me right now. I hope things improve I really do, because I really am a PS fan, I have beensince Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, andit does me no pleasure to see a brand I've known my whole lifefall so far. But until then I'll stick to 360 and Wii since they both seem to be working for me.

queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 queenster08

^

No offense but SMB2 was the worst of all SMB. The big N redeemed themselves with SMB3.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts
Because there are people who don't like the PS3 and have there own opinions about gaming. This is system wars, if you don't like how things are done here I suggest that you go to another forum.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 nervmeister
Because there are people who don't like the PS3 and have there own opinions about gaming. This is system wars, if you don't like how things are done here I suggest that you go to another forum.
shadowfox55
Well said. And besides, it's not like we're emailing each other's friends and families with death threats and "Sony/Xbox RULZZ" computer viruses.
queenster08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 queenster08

[QUOTE="shadowfox55"]Because there are people who don't like the PS3 and have there own opinions about gaming. This is system wars, if you don't like how things are done here I suggest that you go to another forum.
nervmeister
Well said. And besides, it's not like we're emailing each other's friends and families with death threats and "Sony/Xbox RULZZ" computer viruses.

LOL, that would suck!

JinGodFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 JinGodFist
[QUOTE="JinGodFist"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"][QUOTE="Battleer"][QUOTE="JinGodFist"]

I'm down for some MGS when it comes out, your point?

Whats your problem, I was just saying I'd play it with you online when it comes out:| Chill out dude, I think you've been posting too much:?

den4sir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#85 den4sir
Member since 2003 • 1235 Posts

PS3 has many AAA games here on IGN, GameInformer, Gamerankings etc. Ninja Gaiden Sigma, despite what people say its exclusive to PS3, so thats PS3's AAAexclusive here. PS3 will have many in the future as well, especially 2008. Why can't we all just like all consoles, why does everyone like to kick the PS3 down around here:? Anyway, Ratchet got a 7.5 here, that doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game, same for Sonic and the Secrect Rings, The Smackdown Games, and Heavenly Sword etc. If a game has to get a 9.0 or higher for you to enjoy it, something is wrong. Bioshock got a 9.0 here, but its a perfect 10 in my book, yet Halo 3 got a 9.5 and its an 8 in my book. My point is PS3 has many great games to play and will get many more in the future and that scores from sites such as Gamespot are only as good as our own opinions. Therefore fanboys should stop it with the PS3 has no great games argument, it's so early '07.

JinGodFist

I'm guilty of kicking the PS3 down myself and I own an X360. I think my hating days are numbered and my admiration for the console to over come adversity(not quite yet... they're still in the rough), the acceptance and humility that they have been showing since Kutaragi has been replaced, and the games that are finally coming to the console are growing. The only thing left for Sony to do is to make better development tools or at least upgrade them. I really admire the fact that they have stuck it out and have sucked it up so far. The changes are becoming more obvious and are snowballing at a rapid pace. The use of the SIXAXIS is pretty cool, I tried it out with Ratchet the other day and it worked much better than I anticipated. I can't wait for rumble to make it's comback. Once it does, the console will take off once again. The only thing that they have now is the format war. I think that they are ready to make peace, however, it seems as if it would be "too little, too late." Call this very far fetched(I mean to the point of non-existant), but I think I see a merger of Sony and Toshiba due to the similar technologies and advancement they both make each in every generation. It only makes sense since both brands are almost identical when it comes to their products.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts
The Ps3 just has a lot to prove at the $600 price tag. Now the price has come down so Im not as mad at them as I once was. But still it just does not get the play that my Wii and 360 do. Will this change next year? I sure hope so.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 nervmeister
The Ps3 just has a lot to prove at the $600 price tag. Now the price has come down so Im not as mad at them as I once was. But still it just does not get the play that my Wii and 360 do. Will this change next year? I sure hope so. mojito1988
Hey! You user ID is that of my favorite alcoholic beverage. Kudos to you, buddy. And yeah, the price drop is definitely helping Sony. In fact, it's helping them much better than I expected.
Battleer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Battleer
Ahh the crapy Html in not well formed, anyway in regards to my debate. And that diaproves my last statment....how? It may laugh but it can still be run at highest settings.
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 nervmeister
Ahh the crapy Html in not well formed, anyway in regards to my debate. And that diaproves my last statment....how? It may laugh but it can still be run at highest settings.Battleer
That still doesnt change what I said about the framerates. But yes, it will indeed run.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

We do it because we care.

:D

gridlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 gridlok
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts

because the PS3 is the most overhyped console in history, with the most overhyped launch in history, and the most overhyped exclusives in history,with the Cell being overhyped as well.The expectations for the PS3 were way too high after the 100 million+ fanbase andsuccess of the PS2, everyone expectedPS3 to be the console that would dominate in both sales and games.

it hasn't dominated anything, it's in last place.sales are ok, but not by PLAYSTATION standards, certainly not what the PS2 fanboys were all hyping up in 2005. Some games aregood, but not by PLAYSTATION standards, certainly not what the PS2 fanboys were bragging about over the last 2 years. Take a look at the PS2 games reviewed at GS last gen. There are over 60+ AAA games reviewed at GS for the PS2, that's way more than XBOX and GC, but yet Cows call GS "lemmingspot" these days because they can't accept the fact that the PS3's games are not as good as the PS2 games so far.

/thread

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#92 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

I like to kick the PS3 down, because it deserves to be kicked. It has had an incredibly lackluster first year, and I see no games for it that could possibly justify a purchase at this point.

Its software is largely ass, its hardware is nice, but, once again, not nice enough to make me want to buy it.

The PS3 has to prove itself to me.

I am not going to cut it slack, I am not going to say "oh well, it has only been out for a year", and I am not going to buy it until it has the damn software to make the ****ing cut. :|

*Oh, and by the way, the PS3 does not have a single AAA exclusive on GameRankings.

jethrovegas
Well, there you go... What annoys me is that Sony assumed that everyone would drop $400/500/600 on the PS3 simply because of the PS brand.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

Because they used the PS3 as a trojan horse to get Blu-Ray and the Cell into peoples homes and then ended all future Cell Research and Development and are in what Sony USA head Howard Stringer says is a "stalemate" and an "unwinnable format war" with HD-DVD.

PS3 owners like myself are going to be stuck with the bill on the thing with only a few good games to show for it.

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts

Anyone else getting sick of these Chris Crocker-esque waterworks about the PS3 being, "picked on" and how it just can't get a break?...

Change the record cows, it's called fallout from a great a deal of hype that never materialized.

elms1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 elms1
Member since 2006 • 273 Posts
Because they know that Sony is very likely to succed on having the number one console on the market after this generation and microsoft will be last.
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
its just the thing to do these days. Only time will tell which console ends up in the forefront. I would love to see the ps3 excel, but right now i am really enjoying my system and i could care less what the haters have to say.
beavisofcod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 beavisofcod2
Member since 2007 • 445 Posts
if it weren't for the ps3 system wars would be pretty quiet
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Wow where to start, why kick the PS3 when its down?

1) ITS SYSTEM WARS

2) Its fun

3) cows/Sony deserve it, oh man do they deserve it!

4) do cows/Sony or anyone else for that matter pass up on bad news about other platforms? Nope, so why should the PS3 get a free pass? Because cows whine more?

Oh, and how many AAA's does the Ps3 really have at gamerankings? :)

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Anyone else getting sick of these Chris Crocker-esque waterworks about the PS3 being, "picked on" and how it just can't get a break?...

Change the record cows, it's called fallout from a great a deal of hype that never materialized.

D0013ER

You leave the PS3 alone. LEAVE IT ALONE!

great stuff:lol:

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
It's System Wars, spud. Sony talked a MESS of smack, and when the PS3 finally released, it was a massive underdeliverance. One year later, and they STILL haven't pulled through with most of their talk regarding the damned LAUNCH.