Why do Many Gamers Hate COD?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

Different reasons for different people. I personally like the franchise but I skipped playing BO simply because I was tired of shooters in general, the market is oversaturated with them

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

You happy now TC? I kinda hope you are trolling, cause even the most hardcore, the bro'est, the most twelve-year-old'est COD fan would get depressed reading through this thread.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I duuno, there just something fishy about Cod. :twisted:

I've never been much a fan of the series and in fact the last one I purchased was CoD 2. :o

SecretPolice

youre the worst!!!:evil:

lol jk, it did become fishy as time went by though didnt

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I only hate treyarchs COD which is pretty much all of COD now since infinity ward pretty much left.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#56 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Extremely linear, invisible walls, small maps, dumb AI, spawnpoints suck both in campaign and online, killstreak system only annoys and isn't well thought out, low maximum player limit, very little variation in gameplay or ways to approach a game, the community is downright frightening, half the unlocks are weapons you never want to use/the ones you want are unlocked within a day, no teamplay, high pricepoint and high map prices, overrated by critics according to the users even when it was taking steps back from its predecessor, has an insane amount of marketing which somehow created an enormous amount of sales, has way too much coverage on gaming sites (mappack reviews?) and is starting to influence other games with its mediocrity, and its designers/publishers are complete ****s.

It is a very expensive meatgrinder made by people you don't want to ever touch a game again, let alone make one, with extremely straightforward shootouts from the 90's. The games are OK, maybe GOOD, but definitely not GREAT. Yet they are treated as such by basically every critic that I know of. The only likeable aspect of the new direction of COD games, is that it is a very cinematic shooter and has some interesting features like the perks that, sadly, in practice are completely unbalanced. We've seen that 4 COD's ago, and all reviews since have been a waste of bandwidth and asskissery.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Because Dude-bro gamers are a slight against humanity

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#58 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

The reason gamers hate Call of Duty is not so much because we despise the terrible campaign, the unbalanced cheap multiplayer, or the pure mediocrity of the game. We hate it because other developers try to copy their formula that we hate in favor of actually innovating and trying something new with the genre. A lot of us also think that CoD is casualizing the genre.

Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts
Well, In MY opinion. I think CoD is terrible. Its the same game released EVERY SINGLE YEAR with one or 2 new features every time. It even looks like the same engine as CoD4 for crying out loud. Its just a milking franchise now. Thats all it will ever be. And that CoD: elite thing ??? WHAT CRAP IS THAT ACTIVISION ?! They need to pull their head outta their butt and be realistic.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

It's only here I encounter COD hate.

Lots of gamers I talk to outside SW love it.

Lto_thaG

nope...i know of cod hate outside this place.My mate hates the game with a passion someone mentioned it in passing at the pub and he just replied with that recycled garbage that you buy every year?

Me and him would rather play CoD4 which was the last excellent game of the series, the perfect balance of a good story and good multi.

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

[QUOTE="Lto_thaG"]

It's only here I encounter COD hate.

Lots of gamers I talk to outside SW love it.

razgriz_101

nope...i know of cod hate outside this place.My mate hates the game with a passion someone mentioned it in passing at the pub and he just replied with that recycled garbage that you buy every year?

Me and him would rather play CoD4 which was the last excellent game of the series, the perfect balance of a good story and good multi.

I went ahead and bolded something for you.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

The games just get a lot of love for apparently no reason. It seems everything they do is gold but if some one else does it it's crap. I loved how the original acted as a pimp for MoH:AA that was the epitome of WWII shooters at that time. The expansion was more of that awesomeness. With the second I even convinced myself to look the other way with the bloody screen-regenerating health but it was still a blast. CoD4 was again awesome but I could no longer convince myself to look the other way and ignore all the flaws and how the fanboys treated it as their golden god. Didn't even bought WAW, MW2 or BLOPS.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts
I think of it like this, say like 5% of people that play a game will absolutely hate it no matter what, well if a game only sells like 500K copies, that's not as many people complaining as if 5% of 30 million people absolutely hate a game, if 5% of 30 million hate a game then that's like 1.5 million complainers, that's more than some games even sell, so you're going to come across them a lot more giving you the impression it's massively hated but in reality it only seems that way because the games are so damn popular.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

ITs a rehash every year and has just become boring. Plus I hate playing with all the frat boys and young teens who think being racist and obnoxious is funny. I used to play from time to time because I thought it was funny that I barley play the game and I get matched against people in the highest prestige and still destroy them

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

I almost fell asleep during that MW3 gameplay footage at the MSpres... the most exciting part was when his controllergot disconnected.

ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ShyGuy0504
Member since 2009 • 1138 Posts

There is a simple answer. If a game is really popular and has a lot of people that like it, it also has a lot of people that dislike it. All the people making remarks about how they don't like it is just a testament to how popular it is. A few years back Halo was in the same position until COD overtook it as the most popular fps on consoles.

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
cuz CoD sucks..... to me :roll:
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

There is a simple answer. If a game is really popular and has a lot of people that like it, it also has a lot of people that dislike it. All the people making remarks about how they don't like it is just a testament to how popular it is. A few years back Halo was in the same position until COD overtook it as the most popular fps on consoles.

ShyGuy0504

The reasosn for people hating on Halo were different than why people hate COD. Most complaints about COD are completely valid

ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ShyGuy0504
Member since 2009 • 1138 Posts

[QUOTE="ShyGuy0504"]

BPoole96

The reasosn for people hating on Halo were different than why people hate COD. Most complaints about COD are completely valid

And I would agree. I don't like COD. But I was just pointing out why there are so many people that voice there dislike for it.

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

It's cool to hate what is popular? The game can't be all that bad. It sells millions, gets high scores from critics and it's fans play the heck out of it.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I'm not hating at all.
AugustusGraham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 AugustusGraham
Member since 2011 • 343 Posts

"Jealousy comes with success you can't escape it." Wiz Khalifa

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="deadlyabdus123"]Instead of going on a rant like my other post, Ill ask you guys and then counter the argument. I feel all this COD hate going around the gaming community is alienating us from most gamers and fails in logical reasoning and would love to hear your thoughts. deadlyabdus123

short and long

cause its rehash city,crappy engine,meh gameplay and animations that looked good last gen but now just look horid,robotic and generally reek of rehash.Not to mention an engine older than time itself.

Isint Fallout: new Vegas more of same, isint, every madden more of the same? Why lose a winning formula, Fallout is boring as hell, im very impatient with it. COD I can pick up and play any time. BF is a better game and much more tactical, doesent make it more fun.

So in other words, you just have no patience and require instant gratification. That is not really what gaming should be about.
Upparoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Upparoom
Member since 2010 • 2111 Posts

It's not so much that I hate it personally, more so that I'm tired of it. They've really exhausted the hell out of COD4 formula to the point where I cringe whenever I even see other games' multiplayer being so much as similarto it. The boring Michael Bay campaigns don't help, as well as the fact that the games honestly feel shallow as puddle sometimes.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Because it's been the same thing every year, for four years straight, and the formula wasn't all that great to begin with.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Instead of going on a rant like my other post, Ill ask you guys and then counter the argument. I feel all this COD hate going around the gaming community is alienating us from most gamers and fails in logical reasoning and would love to hear your thoughts. deadlyabdus123

The game has been rehash after rehash. It is made for quick thrills. It is all flash. Activision is more or less in charge of the consumer and is leading the industry down a dangerous path. 5 hour campaign? Okay, let's deal with that for a minute. You pay $60 for a five hour campaign, but oh, you get countless hours of multiplayer, right? Wrong, tack on another $30(plus now a subscription fee). How they sucker kids into this is beyond me. The game ISN'T EVEN BALANCED. You'd think that once they have SURE SALES from the fans, they'd at least listen to them and correct the problem. Instead, they treat the consumer like kids in slave labor camps hungry for food. It is quite sad, really.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

no idea.... personally I think COD4 on the PC is one of the best games of all time. The rest of the COD titles dont quite compare, but were still good, with MW2 being the worst of the bunch. Do agree the series needs to evolve and stop taking steps sideways and in some cases backwars.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
It's the same derivative thing every year. I've been playing COD since the first, I don't hate it, I've had enough of it.
HiImUPSMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 HiImUPSMan
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

wanna know why? ill tell you why

since cod4 its been the same engine every year with no changes what so ever. overpriced mappacks and now this elite subscription

if i played cod4 then basically i played all the new cod's

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

they hateses it cuz they are so cool and everyone that likes things they don't like are fistbumping 12 year old foul mouthed soccer mom frat boys.

oohhhhh they sooooo upset!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#81 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9732 Posts

How many things have changed in the last four years?

rollermint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 rollermint
Member since 2010 • 632 Posts
Instead of going on a rant like my other post, Ill ask you guys and then counter the argument. I feel all this COD hate going around the gaming community is alienating us from most gamers and fails in logical reasoning and would love to hear your thoughts. deadlyabdus123
I don't hate it. I played COD4 to hell and back. But I'm done with that kind of FPS. Lost all taste for it. I think the haters aren't really hating the GAME but Activision and its approach to that IP. Which is basically reselling the same game every year. Its the principle that some folks are against.
deadlyabdus123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deadlyabdus123
Member since 2011 • 120 Posts
[QUOTE="deadlyabdus123"]Instead of going on a rant like my other post, Ill ask you guys and then counter the argument. I feel all this COD hate going around the gaming community is alienating us from most gamers and fails in logical reasoning and would love to hear your thoughts. rollermint
I don't hate it. I played COD4 to hell and back. But I'm done with that kind of FPS. Lost all taste for it. I think the haters aren't really hating the GAME but Activision and its approach to that IP. Which is basically reselling the same game every year. Its the principle that some folks are against.

Like EA with Madden? I think the improvments are just enough worth 60 bucks if you log hours into a game like I do. For example, if a Swimmer trains 2 more months to add .2 seconds to his score at a competition, isint it worth it? yes for him that .2 adds value in what he likes and is worth the effort. The added fun of wagers, kill streaks, etc is worth my 60 bucks due to how much i play twitch shooters.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Oh you play CoD. That other thread you made practically insulting people makes so much more sense now.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

I liked MW1 and MW2 but, black ops killed it. Too many re hashes of one game leads me not to like it anymore. I could play bf3 instead of new cod re hash. Least the battlefield series is worth buying. I think I played bad company 2 more than I played cod. But, when my friends were online they were all playing cod so I played cod when they were on. I only cod due to the popularity of my friends playing it. Nothing more.

rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

[QUOTE="rastotm"]

I hate it because i find it to be the epitome of casual gaming, i'm not a casual FPS player so i can't stop feeling 'what a crappy noob game' whenever i play call of duty.

deadlyabdus123

so does it make you an elitist gamer hating it? cause I'd consider myself a big gamer and i dont mind playing with casual gamers, In fact, most of my friends are casual gamers or not gamers at all, id rather not associate myself with a person as big into gaming as I am because they tend to be physically like their stereotype. If your good at COD, you have skill, even the biggest gamers suck at FPS because they dont have the reflexes. COD just doesent have a steep learning curve and you dont have to master anything. It seems I adressed ever issue you guys argued in my replys, the only issue I agree with is that the series hasnt evolved much but thats because of the nature of the game and the tech limitations of having it 60 fps. we try to put as much as we can but current gen consoles dont allow too much shine at 60 fps. Also the lag is a big issue but servers cost money to maintain.

I never said I hate casual gamers, i just said i dislike casual games. I actually do play COD with friends simply because it's so accessible, even though my reason to play COD is because I have friends playing it, not because i like it.

I agree that going in the COD/skill debate is pointless but it remains a fact that many elements in COD are simplyfied to make the game more action packed. It's not odd that there are quite a bit of gamers who have a grudge against that kind of gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="deadlyabdus123"][QUOTE="rastotm"]

I hate it because i find it to be the epitome of casual gaming, i'm not a casual FPS player so i can't stop feeling 'what a crappy noob game' whenever i play call of duty.

rastotm

so does it make you an elitist gamer hating it? cause I'd consider myself a big gamer and i dont mind playing with casual gamers, In fact, most of my friends are casual gamers or not gamers at all, id rather not associate myself with a person as big into gaming as I am because they tend to be physically like their stereotype. If your good at COD, you have skill, even the biggest gamers suck at FPS because they dont have the reflexes. COD just doesent have a steep learning curve and you dont have to master anything. It seems I adressed ever issue you guys argued in my replys, the only issue I agree with is that the series hasnt evolved much but thats because of the nature of the game and the tech limitations of having it 60 fps. we try to put as much as we can but current gen consoles dont allow too much shine at 60 fps. Also the lag is a big issue but servers cost money to maintain.

I never said I hate casual gamers, i just said i dislike casual games. I actually do play COD with friends simply because it's so accessible, even though my reason to play COD is because I have friends playing it, not because i like it.

I agree that going in the COD/skill debate is pointless but it remains a fact that many elements in COD are simplyfied to make the game more action packed. It's not odd that there are quite a bit of gamers who have a grudge against that kind of gameplay.

COD is as casual as it gets. It is one of the most simplified pick-up-and-play games on the market.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#88 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

So you're other thread bashes people who play core games more than once and this one defends purchasing a new CoD every year. I hope you see the problem with this.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#89 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

I have bought every COD game since COD4. I don't hate it, I'm just tired of it... MW3 looks more of the same.SaltyMeatballs

No silly, you're supposed to buy every CoD game up to 4 (excluding 3), not every game starting with 4.

I miss when CoD was good:(