Why Bioshock, Gears, Mass Effect ARE exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
I agree as well but cows will never let it happen. At least we still have about 4 more AAA's.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]

I agree.

Regardless of whether SW defines Gears as "exclusive" or not, the fact still stands that Gears 360 still makes up a part of the competitive advantage of that console vis-a-vis the PS3. And in the end, it's business that matters, not SW's definitions.

L1qu1dSword

They constitute an advantage, sure, but to call that advantage 'an exclusive game' is a complete misuse of the term.

Gears of War is a Microsoft Exclusive.

Tell me what is either false or grammatically wrong with that statement....

Ok.

It's coming to MAC.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Danm_999

This very strongly crystalized the point I was trying to make. People are getting mired down in the technicalities of SW rules and forgetting the reasons the rules were created in the first place.

L1qu1dSword

So what your arguing is, you want to focus on the big picture (why we created the rules) by focusing on the small picture (1v1 system wars).

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]

I agree.

Regardless of whether SW defines Gears as "exclusive" or not, the fact still stands that Gears 360 still makes up a part of the competitive advantage of that console vis-a-vis the PS3. And in the end, it's business that matters, not SW's definitions.

Danm_999

They constitute an advantage, sure, but to call that advantage 'an exclusive game' is a complete misuse of the term.

Ok.

It's coming to MAC.

No the correct response would have been it IS on MAC. Which it is not yet. Lets face it, MAC gets lumped in with PC but I cant imagine MAC sales of Gears ammounting up to more then 1 percent of total sales so why even bother talking about it?

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
===========================

Yeah, except, it wouldn't count if it was "Console" wars, since it isn't, since gamespot.com does reviews/features on pc games, since pc gamers have a special nickname for their fans, since exclusive means exclusive not "I feel I'll disclude this version", games that are on pc/x360 or pc/ps3 are not exclusive.

I could do what you are doing, "Oh, well, since the x360 and pc are similar, I'm not including them in my comparisons, so, it's all ps3 vs wii, wow, look how many exclusives the ps3 has now!".

============================

You're debating the semantics of a term here. Nobody cares about that.

Nor are we discluding the PC. Think about it. The point people are trying to make is that *even though the game appears on PC, it's still a huge advantage for M$ assuming it never goes multiplat with other consoles.* Look at the PC game sales for those games compared to the consoles. The console versions clearly count for the majority of purchases.

Do you or don't you deny that ME, Bioshock, and Gears are reasons somebody would choose a 360 over a PS3/Wii?

Do you or don't you deny the significance of "console exclusivity" in reality, outside of the nonsense boundries of System Wars?

_Impmacaque_

I can easily deny the significance of "console exclusivity" in reality, it's pretty much non-existant, you can deny that pc gaming/ps3/x360/wii are all in direct competition all you want, doesn't make it so. As was said earlier, "direct competition" indicates different products that perform a similar task being available on the free market. Since all four provide access to "current video games", thereby performing a similar task, they are in "direct competition". If one game is available on 50% of said platforms, it cannot be considered exclusive to one.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

This very strongly crystalized the point I was trying to make. People are getting mired down in the technicalities of SW rules and forgetting the reasons the rules were created in the first place.

Danm_999

So what your arguing is, you want to focus on the big picture (why we created the rules) by focusing on the small picture (1v1 system wars).

Wrong. Using the millitary analogy saying Windows/360 are different branches of the same army is looking at the larger picture.

Here is what everyone is misunderstanding. I am not excluding Windows games but INCLUDING them.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]

I agree.

L1qu1dSword

Ok.

It's coming to MAC.

No the correct response would have been it IS on MAC. Which it is not yet. Lets face it, MAC gets lumped in with PC but I cant imagine MAC sales of Gears ammounting up to more then 1 percent of total sales so why even bother talking about it?

Lol, so sales define exclusivity now?

Do you even understand what the word 'exclusivity' means? It means available nowhere else.

It does not mean 'available elsewhere but hey people aren't likely to get it from there'.

Honestly, I'm fine with saying Gears of War is an advantage for the 360 against the PS3 and the Wii. It is.

But it's not an exclusive. It's not what the word means. How hard is that to understand!?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 L1qu1dSword

Here is my argument at it's purest and most simple.

There are those on system wars for politcal reasons claiming that

DMC4 ----> 360 == Gears ----> PC

I am here to say that

DMC4 ----> 360 =/= Gears ----> PC

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

L1qu1dSword

Wrong. Using the millitary analogy saying Windows/360 are different branches of the same army is looking at the larger picture.

Here is what everyone is misunderstanding. I am not excluding Windows games but INCLUDING them.

Right exactly, so, exclusive should be changed to a term that people can use however they want. I own an x360, and a decent pc, and a wii, and a ps3, but, you know, I consider my x360 and pc to be too similar, so, now, this gen to me is only about ps3 and wii...wow, all the sudden the ps3 has soooo many exclusives...it's remarkable!

Terms, and use there of, does not simply change to strengthen your arguement. That's simply not how it works.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]

I agree.

Danm_999

Ok.

It's coming to MAC.

Do you even understand what the word 'exclusivity' means? It means available nowhere else.

It does not mean 'available elsewhere but hey people aren't likely to get it from there'.

Honestly, I'm fine with saying Gears of War is an advantage for the 360 against the PS3 and the Wii. It is.

But it's not an exclusive. It's not what the word means. How hard is that to understand!?

So God of War is NOT exclusive because it can be played on the PSP?

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Danm_999

L1qu1dSword

And umm, why are we using the military analogy? It's complete crap.

Microsoft does not own the PC market. It makes an Operating System which most PCs in the world use.

This does not make a PC game a Microsoft exclusive anymore than it makes a game a NVIDIA exclusive, an ATI exclusive, an INTEL exclsuive, an AMD exclusive. No one company brings the package together on the PC, it is a decentralized market, and you claiming that it's part of the same military as the 360 is like claiming Hollywood is part of the US military.

Furthermore, Windows isn't even a necessity anymore for PC games. Emulators and programs, completely legal, exist which can run PC games on MAC and Linux (check out CodeWeavers).

The fact is, claiming you need Microsoft to play PC games isn't only irrelevent, it's just untrue.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Andrew_Xavier

L1qu1dSword

Correct. Or rather, it would be, if God Of War or God Of War II were available for the PSP.

Chains of Olympus is a sequal and a seperate game. If the PC version was a completely new game, like Gears Of War: Chains Of Saw, with a new storyline, new mechanics, and new game play, then the x360 version would be exclusive.

TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts

L1qu1dSword

Neither is MLB The Show because it's on the PS2 :roll:

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 L1qu1dSword

Right exactly, so, exclusive should be changed to a term that people can use however they want. I own an x360, and a decent pc, and a wii, and a ps3, but, you know, I consider my x360 and pc to be too similar, so, now, this gen to me is only about ps3 and wii...wow, all the sudden the ps3 has soooo many exclusives...it's remarkable!

Terms, and use there of, does not simply change to strengthen your arguement. That's simply not how it works.

Nah Im just saying if our current SW terminology gives us:

DMC4 ----> 360 == Gears ----> PC

Then our terminology has grown obsolete and no longer is capable of accurately describing things as they are. So is God of War not exclusive because it can be played on PSP?

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Danm_999

L1qu1dSword

Umm, the God of War on the PSP (Chains of Olympus) is a completely different game to the one on PS2.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Danm_999

L1qu1dSword

Umm, the God of War on the PSP (Chains of Olympus) is a completely different game to the one on PS2.

Did that really need to be explained?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

TMontana1004

Im just being technical like you guys.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

TMontana1004

Bingo. The Show is available on the ps2, meaning it isn't exclusive to the ps3, it's on multiple platforms, see how that goes?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#69 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
Gears is on the Mac.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="TMontana1004"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Andrew_Xavier

Bingo. The Show is available on the ps2, meaning it isn't exclusive to the ps3, it's on multiple platforms, see how that goes?

Exactly. I am showing you guys how a rigid adherence to technicality leads to a failure to make sense or discuss anything. Even though we can all agree that is inane, a rigid interpretation of SW rules that you guys call for leads to those kinds of results. Ones that don't make sense. You are happy with that though as long as it gives you better bragging rights which to me is kind of pointless.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
[QUOTE="TMontana1004"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

L1qu1dSword

Im just being technical like you guys.

You are obviously not getting it then. :|

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Danm_999

Exactly. I am showing you guys how a rigid adherence to technicality leads to a failure to make sense or discuss anything. Even though we can all agree that is inane, a rigid interpretation of SW rules that you guys call for leads to those kinds of results. Ones that don't make sense. You are happy with that though as long as it gives you better bragging rights which to me is kind of pointless.

L1qu1dSword

Calling a game that appears almost identically on two platforms a multiplat is not an inane and rigid interpretation of the rules, it's common sense.

_Impmacaque_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 _Impmacaque_
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts
=================================

I can easily deny the significance of "console exclusivity" in reality, it's pretty much non-existant, you can deny that pc gaming/ps3/x360/wii are all in direct competition all you want, doesn't make it so. As was said earlier, "direct competition" indicates different products that perform a similar task being available on the free market. Since all four provide access to "current video games", thereby performing a similar task, they are in "direct competition". If one game is available on 50% of said platforms, it cannot be considered exclusive to one.

=================================

If you deny "console exclusivity" meaning anything outside of SW, then you're just a fanboy in severe denial.

Are you honestly dense enough to think that Bioshock, Gears, ME didn't account for a significant amount of 360 sales that could've been PS3/Wii sales, in spite of it also being on PC? You circle the point with stupid arguments about definitions and semantics, but you're completely oblivious to the fact that those games, by not being on the PS3/Wii, gave MS an unquantifiable advantage in the system wars.

If you outright don't understand how "console exclusivity" is severely important this gen, then I'm done talking with you. Fanboyism FTL.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Andrew_Xavier

L1qu1dSword

Except, I'm stating that the show isn't an exclusive. Actually, it's a similar situation,
people have a choice, if they are buying a platform for The Show,
they can choose the cheaper platform (ps2), with less graphical ability and some minor mode differences,
or they can choose the more expensive (ps3), with more graphical ability, and a couple more modes,
it's the same situation with Gears Of War,
they can choose the cheaper platform like I did (x360, lower graphics),
or the most expensive platform (pc),
the choice is there, since this isn't company wars, having a choice of platforms when buying for a game, means no one platform has exclusivity over said game. See how that works?

Also, bud, I'm pretty sure the only reason you want "console exclusive" to be implimented, is for "bragging rights", I'm pretty sure those of us who are pro-english language definition are not doing it for "bragging rights".

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Andrew_Xavier

If you outright don't understand how "console exclusivity" is severely important this gen, then I'm done talking with you. Fanboyism FTL.

_Impmacaque_

Ah, joy, the "fanboy" defense, I can see how not excepting multiples as sigularities is very fanboyish of me. But, this applies in life too, do you go about holding an orange and an apple and claiming the only piece of fruit in the world is the apple? The orange doesn't matter, since people going to buy apples surely won't buy oranges.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Andrew_Xavier

Except, I'm stating that the show isn't an exclusive. Actually, it's a similar situation,
they can choose the cheaper platform (ps2), with less graphical ability and some minor mode differences,
or they can choose the more expensive (ps3), with more graphical ability, and a couple more modes,
the choice is there, since this isn't company wars, having a choice of platforms when buying for a game, means no one platform has exclusivity over said game. See how that works?

Also, bud, I'm pretty sure the only reason you want "console exclusive" to be implimented, is for "bragging rights", I'm pretty sure those of us who are pro-english language definition are not doing it for "bragging rights".

OK so then you would disagree with a majority of cows on system wars that MLB the show exclusive? Im just playing devil's advocate by the way.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Andrew_Xavier

Cows on SW list MLB the show as one of PS3's great exclusives. You disagree. Fine by me.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

L1qu1dSword

OK so then you would disagree with a majority of cows on system wars that MLB the show exclusive? Im just playing devil's advocate by the way.

I'm not a "cow", I own multiple platforms, and defend multiple platforms, do I need to repost some posts of mine from the last couple of days defending all 3 consoles? When asked to name ps3 exclusives, I've never once named "The Show".

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 L1qu1dSword

I'm not a "cow", I own multiple platforms, and defend multiple platforms, do I need to repost some posts of mine from the last couple of days defending all 3 consoles? When asked to name ps3 exclusives, I've never once named "The Show".

Before you go through the trouble you might want to doublecheck and see if I actually called you a cow.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Danm_999

Fine Ill be technical too and point out that it is not out on the MAC yet. My definition still stands. MS exclusive. The main point as far as Im concerned is that its primary competitor, the PS3 is EXCLUDED. To me thats about all that matters.

L1qu1dSword

If we're being technical, I might as well point out Microsoft exclusive is not an accepted term here, and that what matters to you is not a very persuasive argument.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Danm_999
How about this: if the 360 and PC are not in direct competition, why then doesn't Microsoft release Halo on PC simultaneously with 360?
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Fine Ill be technical too and point out that it is not out on the MAC yet. My definition still stands. MS exclusive. The main point as far as Im concerned is that its primary competitor, the PS3 is EXCLUDED. To me thats about all that matters.

Danm_999

If we're being technical, I might as well point out Microsoft exclusive is not an accepted term here, and that what matters to you is not a very persuasive argument.

Every term here has evolved over time and continues to. Acting like its written in stone and must be followed to the death is ludicrous.

MS exclusive is correct and if you have no better way to dispute that then to say that "its not excepted here" then i dont even see the point of arguing with you.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

L1qu1dSword

Every term here has evolved over time and continues to. Acting like its written in stone and must be followed to the death is ludicrous.

MS exclusive is correct and if you have no better way to dispute that then to say that "its not excepted here" then i dont even see the point of arguing with you.

I agree, we're not going to use gamespot for reviews anymore btw, because I don't agree with them. Yup, it's all IGN from now on.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 L1qu1dSword

How about this: if the 360 and PC are not in direct competition, why then doesn't Microsoft release Halo on PC simultaneously with 360?Danm_999

As I stated twice previously it is possible for things not in direct competition to still be in competition. Direct competition as defined is when the two products are so similar that their brand name is almost the only difference. PS3 and 360 are good examples.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Danm_999

Every term here has evolved over time and continues to. Acting like its written in stone and must be followed to the death is ludicrous.L1qu1dSword

I'm not arguing terms are objective and eternal. I'm arguing you can't make up a new meaning for exclusive on a whim.

L1qu1dSword

So let me get this straight. I've laboured over how MS does not actually control the PC market, how you don't actually need Windows to play an astounding number of PC games, and how System Wars does not recognise the term.

Your response is that you don't care the term isn't recognized. And I'm the stubborn one?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 L1qu1dSword

I agree, we're not going to use gamespot for reviews anymore btw, because I don't agree with them. Yup, it's all IGN from now on.

Gears of War is a MS exclusive. I fail to see how your above statement in any ways indicates that my statement is either grammatically incorrect or wrong.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Danm_999

[QUOTE="Danm_999"]How about this: if the 360 and PC are not in direct competition, why then doesn't Microsoft release Halo on PC simultaneously with 360?L1qu1dSword

As I stated twice previously it is possible for things not in direct competition to still be in competition. Direct competition as defined is when the two products are so similar that their brand name is almost the only difference. PS3 and 360 are good examples.

THAT IS NOT WHAT DIRECT COMPETITION MEANS. DIRECT COMPETITION IS WHERE TWO PRODUCTS ARE IN COMPETITION AS THEY PERFORM THE SAME ROLE.

PCs AND CONSOLES PERFORM THE SAME ROLES, PLAYING GAMES. THEY EVEN PLAY THE SAME GAMES. THEY ARE IN DIRECT COMPETITION.

Sorry for the caps, but I don't think you'll read it otherwise.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Danm_999

[QUOTE="Danm_999"]How about this: if the 360 and PC are not in direct competition, why then doesn't Microsoft release Halo on PC simultaneously with 360?L1qu1dSword

That is not what direct competition means. Direct competition is where two products are in competition and perform the same role.

PCs and consoles perform the same role. They even play THE SAME GAMES. They are in direct competition.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

Another thread asks this:

Has Xbox 360 Exclusive Come To Mean Exclusive Except For.....or whatever else logo.

L1qu1dSword
Wow, you are trying way too hard.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Every term here has evolved over time and continues to. Acting like its written in stone and must be followed to the death is ludicrous.Danm_999

I'm not arguing terms are objective and eternal. I'm arguing you can't make up a new meaning for exclusive on a whim.

If by "whim" you mean a logical argument ammounting up to several paragraphs then yeah.

L1qu1dSword

So let me get this straight. I've laboured over how MS does not actually control the PC market, how you don't actually need Windows to play an astounding number of PC games, and how System Wars does not recognise the term.

Your response is that you don't care the term isn't recognized. And I'm the stubborn one?

So what is the system wars name for a MAC user? Oh yeah that's right they lump them together with PC because they are so negligable by themselves. I nevr said you were stubborn. Just that your arguments are not logically disproving what I am saying. Besides that I would prefer something be RIGHT then ACCEPTED

jtickner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 jtickner
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"]No. Like it or not, the consoles DO compete with PCs. I know they certainly do for me. L1qu1dSword

If Windows and Xbox are owned by MS how exactly is this competion?

Besides I never said that anyways. I said they do not compete in the same manner as PS3 and 360 do.

How is not competition?, The Xbox is still competing against the PS3 and PC. The PC is not solely owned by MS nor will it ever be. Take apart your Dell/Acer whatever you may have... and, I've already completed my statement by starting it off with Acer and Dell at the begining.

Also how do they not compete on the same manner? Because it's a lot easier to pirate games? Get them for little or no cost? The select few who do purchase PC games invest in them with the intention of playing them as do I when I purchase a console game. So yes, they do compete in the same manner when you take look at the PC from it's gaming side. In turn saying that games such as GoW and Bioshock are still exclusives for Xbox is completely stupid. They clearly are not exclusives here let me show you;

Notice the the differences? Oh wait sorry.. GoW is exclusive to the 360.. I failed.

In your initial post you pointed out an existing thread, why not just post your argument in there? Did you want mass appeal for your flawed statement?

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Another thread asks this:

Has Xbox 360 Exclusive Come To Mean Exclusive Except For.....or whatever else logo.

skektek

Wow, you are trying way too hard.

Thanks for keepin it real by not trying at all. Need to balance out overachievers like me.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Danm_999

If by "whim" you mean a logical argument ammounting up to several paragraphs then yeah.L1qu1dSword

More amateur semantics play. You constantly avoid a rebuttal by locking onto a new word and trying to funnel the argument down that tangent. Frankly I'm tired of it.

So what is the system wars name for a MAC user? Oh yeah that's right they lump them together with PC because they are so negligable by themselves. I nevr said you were stubborn. Just that your arguments are not logically disproving what I am saying. Besides that I would prefer something be RIGHT then ACCEPTED

L1qu1dSword

My arguments absolutely disproved what your saying. It doesn't matter how many people own MACs. That's not what exclusive means.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Danm_999

If by "whim" you mean a logical argument ammounting up to several paragraphs then yeah.L1qu1dSword

More amateur semantics play. You constantly avoid a rebuttal by locking onto a new word and trying to funnel the argument down that tangent. Frankly I'm tired of it.

L1qu1dSword

My arguments absolutely disproved what your saying. It doesn't matter how many people own MACs. That's not what exclusive means.

Anyway, I'm done, I can't take anymore. And neither can the English language. Please, pick up a dictionary, or an economic textbook or SOMETHING and end this nightmare for us all.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"]No. Like it or not, the consoles DO compete with PCs. I know they certainly do for me. jtickner

Besides I never said that anyways. I said they do not compete in the same manner as PS3 and 360 do.

How is not competition?, The Xbox is still competing against the PS3 and PC. The PC is not solely owned by MS nor will it ever be. Take apart your Dell/Acer whatever you may have... and, I've already completed my statement by starting it off with Acer and Dell at the begining.

This is now the fourth time Ive repeated this but I never said it is not competition. I said it is not what I defined as direct competition. That is when two products are nearly the same product save their brand name IE 360 and PS3. I have said countless times that products NOT in direct competition still compete however not as fiercely as in direct competition.

Also how do they not compete on the same manner? Because it's a lot easier to pirate games? Get them for little or no cost?

No. See above. As a matter of fact read the whole thread before you post anymore or I wont even reply because Im getting tired of repeating myself.

The select few who do purchase PC games invest in them with the intention of playing them as do I when I purchase a console game. So yes, they do compete in the same manner when you take look at the PC from it's gaming side. In turn saying that games such as GoW and Bioshock are still exclusives for Xbox is completely stupid. They clearly are not exclusives here let me show you;

Pointless to say that and post those pictures because in this thread I called Gears of War a MS exclusive.....and oh yeah MS is on both boxes. Once again read the whole thread or you are wasting my time.

Notice the the differences? Oh wait sorry.. GoW is exclusive to the 360.. I failed.

Sure did.

In your initial post you pointed out an existing thread, why not just post your argument in there? Did you want mass appeal for your flawed statement?

Your throwing stones in a glass house pal.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"]No. Like it or not, the consoles DO compete with PCs. I know they certainly do for me. jtickner

How is not competition?, The Xbox is still competing against the PS3 and PC. The PC is not solely owned by MS nor will it ever be. Take apart your Dell/Acer whatever you may have...

And find all kinds of components made by different companies.......JUST LIKE 360!

and, I've already completed my statement by starting it off with Acer and Dell at the begining.

This is now the fourth time Ive repeated this but I never said it is not competition. I said it is not what I defined as direct competition. That is when two products are nearly the same product save their brand name IE 360 and PS3. I have said countless times that products NOT in direct competition still compete however not as fiercely as in direct competition.

Also how do they not compete on the same manner? Because it's a lot easier to pirate games? Get them for little or no cost?

No. See above. As a matter of fact read the whole thread before you post anymore or I wont even reply because Im getting tired of repeating myself.

The select few who do purchase PC games invest in them with the intention of playing them as do I when I purchase a console game. So yes, they do compete in the same manner when you take look at the PC from it's gaming side. In turn saying that games such as GoW and Bioshock are still exclusives for Xbox is completely stupid. They clearly are not exclusives here let me show you;

Pointless to say that and post those pictures because in this thread I called Gears of War a MS exclusive.....and oh yeah MS is on both boxes. Once again read the whole thread or you are wasting my time.

Sure did.

Your throwing stones in a glass house pal.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Are lemmings really this desperate?

This point has been made and rejected before, there was a mod thread about it.

Exclusive = 1 platform. Just because you have a very very poor line up of games lemmigns will try every trick in the book to essentially cheat.

jonnyt61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 jonnyt61
Member since 2003 • 2147 Posts

L1quid, you're ignoring the System Wars fact, that "[Insert company name] Exclusive" is not an accepted term here.

There is only one use of the word exclusive here, and that's a title being on ONE platform. Not two, not three, one.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

If by "whim" you mean a logical argument ammounting up to several paragraphs then yeah.Danm_999

L1qu1dSword

I said that current SW terminology leads to the incorrect scenario of

Gears ---> PC = DMC4 ----->360

which is incorrect leaving current terminology flawed.

Also I said that Gears is a MS exclusive.....which as of right now it IS.

You disproved nothing.

Anyway, I'm done, I can't take anymore. And neither can the English language. Please, pick up a dictionary, or an economic textbook or SOMETHING and end this nightmare for us all.

Wow for a momment I thought you spoke on behalf of your ideas but clearly I underestimated how pretentious you are. I suppose you also represent an entire dialect as well. Might as well ignore me and go after Hip-Hop o' savior of the native tongue.

jtickner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 jtickner
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts
Sure MS is on both boxes but they are for different platforms. Not exclusive to the 360 at all, there is not an ounce of exclusivity as it is on PC.