Why Battlefield is inferior to Call of Duty in almost every way.

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

After listening to all the rediculous hype from Battlefield fanboys about how BF "destroys" COD, I finally decided to pick up Bad Company 2 the other day. Seriously? This is the game that has been getting so much hype? . .

• The graphics are terrible.
  • The guns feel terrible as well. Terrible sound design, terrible feedback and weak rumble (almost on Uncharted 2 levels). As much as you guys may hate COD, there is no denying that CoD has set the industry standard for shooting mechanics. CoD's guns feel perfect. But this isnt so much a comparison to Bad Company, as it is simply pointing out how unpolished BC2's guns are compared to CoD. Everything in the game feels like its made out of cardboard when you shoot it.
  • The character movement is nowhere near as polished and fluid as in CoD, especially black ops. It feels like you are on a boat, or on roller skates. (which is funny because this was one of the things i've heard BF fanboys make fun of CoD for :lol: )(which is also weird because you dont even feel yourself running in BC2).
  • ZOMG teh destructable environments! Lol, refer to my "made of cardboard"comment.
  • ZOMG, teh vehicles. They are not polished at all, nor do they ad anything relevant to the gameplay. Basically, they dont need to be there. They are there for the sake of being in there.
  • ZOMG CoD just rehashes every year, and never does anything new....From what im seeing, Battlefield 3 looks like the exact same thing as Bad Company 2, just with better graphics.

Sometimes I really dont think people even know why they hate CoD so much.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
*grabs popcorn*
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

First of LOL @ comparing BC game to a main BF game. Next up, poor graphics......yea an CoD is running on what? Id Tech 3 :lol:. Bad sound design....holy **** the sound design in BC2 is absolutely brilliant. Vehicles don't hold any relevance.....what in the hell guy? I mean I could go on and on.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Oh look,it's this thread again. Was this thead needed?
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Yet with everything you mentioned, it's still leagues beyond CoD.

Also? Battlefield on consoles? Lulz!

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

can we wait for these games to come out

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

u serious?

Oh, you ain't serious.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

I hate COD cause it's unbalanced trash :|

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

First of LOL @ comparing BC game to a main BF game. Next up, poor graphics......yea an CoD is running on what? Id Tech 3 :lol:. Bad sound design....holy **** the sound design in BC2 is absolutely brilliant. Vehicles don't hold any relevance.....what in the hell guy? I mean I could go on and on.

rpgs_shall_rule

Umad. COD just too good for you!

Naw, I'm too good for it.
Iridescent406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 Iridescent406
Member since 2011 • 126 Posts

Dis gonna be good.

iliatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iliatay
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts

After listening to all the rediculous hype from Battlefield fanboys about how BF "destroys" COD, I finally decided to pick up Bad Company 2 the other day. Seriously? This is the game that has been getting so much hype? . . -The graphics are terrible. . . -The guns feel terrible as well. Terrible sound design, terrible feedback and weak rumble (almost on Uncharted 2 levels). As much as you guys may hate COD, there is no denying that CoD has set the industry standard for shooting mechanics. CoD's guns feel perfect. But this isnt so much a comparison to Bad Company, as it is simply pointing out how unpolished BC2's guns are compared to CoD. Everything in the game feels like its made out of cardboard when you shoot it. -The character movement is nowhere near as polished and fluid as in CoD, especially black ops. It feels like you are on a boat, or on roller skates. (which is funny because this was one of the things i've heard BF fanboys make fun of CoD for :lol: )(which is also weird because you dont even feel yourself running in BC2). -ZOMG teh destructable environments! Lol, refer to my "made of cardboard"comment. -ZOMG, teh vehicles. They are not polished at all, nor do they ad anything relevant to the gameplay. Basically, they dont need to be there. They are there for the sake of being in there. -ZOMG CoD just rehashes every year, and never does anything new....From what im seeing, Battlefield 3 looks like the exact same thing as Bad Company 2, just with better graphics. Sometimes I really dont think people even know why they hate CoD so much.StrongDeadlift

I feel the exact opposite of every point you made. guns are much more realistic in terms of sound and recoil, graphics are miles better on bfbc2 (atleast on pc anyway), much more balanced because of the lack of killstreaks and also much more complex and polished game mechanics because of the presence of squad based teamwork. The destruction also adds alot to adaptive gameplay by players to make each game interesting instead of in COD where you just rush to the same point and go through the same route.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
*grabs popcorn*CaptainAhab13
this guy's sig sums up my thoughts.
Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

had no idea it was still opposite day. Thanks for reminding me TC.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I feel sorry for anyone who fell for such a bad joke topic...

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Trying much too hard.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongDeadlift

millerlight89

I would take Modern Warfare 2's graphics over Bad Company 2 any day. If you mentioned black ops, you would have a point, but BC2 is unaesthetic, with flat textures. The game literally looks like its made out of cardboard. And people were hyping the destructable environments? Please. Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 had more impressive destructability. Maybe if the game managed to have Modern Warfare 2 single player graphics (which are underrated on here) while doing all of that, I would be impressed.

And reguarding the sound design? The guns ALL sound the same. :|

They sound (and feel) like pea shooters. Every single one of them. Not only that, but they have really weak rumble feedback almost on Uncharted 2 levels. Every single gun in the game sounds exactly the same. Even the tanks.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

StrongDeadlift

I would take Modern Warfare 2's graphics over Bad Company 2 any day. If you mentioned black ops, you would have a point, but BC2 is unaesthetic, with flat textures. The game literally looks like its made out of cardboard. And people were hyping the destructable environments? Please. Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 had more impressive destructability. Maybe if the game managed to have Modern Warfare 2 single player graphics (which are underrated on here) while doing all of that, I would be impressed.

And reguarding the sound design? The guns ALL sound the same. :|

They sound (and feel) like pea shooters. Every single one of them. Not only that, but they have really weak rumble feedback almost on Uncharted 2 levels. Every single gun in the game sounds exactly the same. Even the tanks.

Looks pretty good on my PC, sorry it doesn't on your console. It's sound design is breath taking. Many hardware sites and magazines use this game to test audio for speakers and such. Bottom line is, BC2 is much more advanced than CoD and that's a fact. Whether you want to take notice is up to you. You diss the destruction, but let's stay on topic shall we. This is b/w CoD and BC2 not Infamous. You can't even shoot a **** coffee cup in CoD. The objects are all static...it's pathetic.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StrongDeadlift

Oh look,it's this thread again. Was this thead needed?MonsieurX

Someone has to counter the 10's of "why battlefield 3 is teh best gaem evar, 10/10 AAAA, CoD is finnished" threads that are made every day. The amount of Battlefield fanboyism on this website is disgusting and the unwarranted elitism is vomit worthy at this point. System Wars (as well as the internet at large) has become BF fanboy paridise. They are starting to become the most insecure, annoying comunnity of gamers on the internet. Just remember, im in the minority on here. For every ONE thread like this, there are 100 other CoD hate threads.

Alot of the people who bash it, dont even know WHY they bash it. Ive seen some of them say "ive never bough a CoD game, and I never will!". We get it, you hate things that are cool and popular, and you want to appear "different" :roll:

Stevelovessony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Stevelovessony
Member since 2011 • 267 Posts
Well i never played bf but it looks way better than what your describing
26whitewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 26whitewolf
Member since 2011 • 323 Posts

BC2 graphics are better even than MW3 that hasn't been released yet. Textures on PC are fine, and even on consoles looks better than sub-hd crap.

No way a quake3 based engine is better than Frostbite achievements.

COD graphics sucks, and bashing BF graphics won't make it better. Its actually pathetic. Even MOH looks better than any COD game.

_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 _VenomX
Member since 2009 • 1614 Posts
Looks like someone can't play Battlefield this September
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

idk bad company 2 was cool to me

[QUOTE="rpgs_shall_rule"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]

millerlight89

for some reason your avy matched that response perfectly :lol:

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#24 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

Another one of these thereds, geez.

I hate COD because they do nothing to innovate the series and BF is always different and the graphics are better. Heck even MOH that came out last year has better graphics. It seems like you need to watch the new BF3 trailer in 1080p because that alone will prove you wrong.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 millerlight89

idk bad company 2 was cool to me

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="rpgs_shall_rule"]

eboyishere

for some reason your avy matched that response perfectly :lol:

It's the glasses. :P
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StrongDeadlift

Looks like someone can't play Battlefield this September _VenomX

Right, because its impossible that someone just doesnt WANT to play Battlefield this september? :roll:

I actually bought the game to prepare me for BF3, but i dont even want it now TBH. Honestly, for the first time ever, I actually WANT the game to fail just because of the fanboys.

26whitewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 26whitewolf

BC2 its not a full realistic game, but its at least better than COD on this aspect (and every other). The guns feels more real than those on the modern rehash series. The pace, the movement, the teamplay, everything is better.

The recoil on cod games is the worst ever. Its all laser-like for players like the OP who can't aim. Games like KZ3, MOH, hell even Breach has better recoil.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

I have a big problem with your vehicle and destruction comments.

• The Apache can totally oblitorate the advancement of attackers in the right hands, and when a tank rolls in at the right time it can be a nightmare to defend your objective.
  • Being able to create my own entry point by blowing a hole through a wall can save time and get me out of trouble in certain situations, destroying a building gives attackers one less place to hide and regroup.

I think you need more time to get it. I like COD too.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Someone has to counter the 10's of "why battlefield 3 is teh best gaem evar, 10/10 AAAA, CoD is finnished" threads that are made every day. The amount of Battlefield fanboyism on this website is disgusting and the unwarranted elitism is vomit worthy at this point. System Wars (as well as the internet at large) has become BF fanboy paridise. They are starting to become the most insecure, annoying comunnity of gamers on the internet. Just remember, im in the minority on here. For every ONE thread like this, there are 100 other CoD hate threads.

Alot of the people who bash it, dont even know WHY they bash it. Ive seen some of them say "ive never bough a CoD game, and I never will!". We get it, you hate things that are cool and popular, and you want to appear "different" :roll:

StrongDeadlift

We're stating the faults that CoD has had for years and hyping a game that actually makes changes, changes for the better. Insecure? About what? Annoying? No one is more annoying than CoD fanboys who act like their game is perfect and supreme. It seems CoD fanboys are the insecure because their game finally has true competition at the casual market, while still maintaining the core market.

It's cool and popular and that's the reason we hate it. Perfect logic. That's the only reason someone can ever bash popular, isn't it? It's impossible to have a legitimate complaint about something that has a truck-load of faults.

_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 _VenomX

[QUOTE="_VenomX"]Looks like someone can't play Battlefield this September StrongDeadlift

Right, because its impossible that someone just doesnt WANT to play Battlefield this september? :roll:

I actually bought the game to prepare me for BF3, but i dont even want it now TBH. Honestly, for the first time ever, I actually WANT the game to fail just because of the fanboys.

You don't have a gaming PC, true story.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

*insert TC's sig as response

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

Using Bad Company to represent Battlefield as a whole is like using Mario Party to say the platforming games suck.

_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _VenomX

His first FPS is probably COD, I don't blame him.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StrongDeadlift

ChubbyGuy40

Which is why there has NEVER been an AAA Battlefield game on Metacritic or Gamerankings, yet BOTH CoD4 and Modern Warfare 2 are 94 on both sites. (Not to mention Black Ops scored the same as the highest scoring Battlefield game on BOTH sites ;) )

Oh whats that? You only count gamespot scores? Well fine, there is ONE AAA Battlefield game on here(Bad Company 2) and 4 AAA CoD games.

You were saying?

You guys can scream "teh salez dont mattah" all you want but what Battlefield fanboys fail to realize is that the games are ALSO more critically acclaimed than the Battlefield games, and I can almost PROMISE you the same will happen with Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3. MW3 will get more critical acclaim around the board. You guys do seem to forget that Modern Warfare is an AAA franchise.

Seriously, I have never seen this much unwarranted arrogance/elietism from one group, when they havent even earned it :lol:

AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

Please tell me you are joking, especially about the vehicles.

Anyone who thinks vehicles don't add anything to the gameplay has not used one correctly before.

And you might want to change your sig. The UC3 beta ended awhile ago.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 millerlight89

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

StrongDeadlift

Which is why there has NEVER been an AAA Battlefield game on Metacritic or Gamerankings, yet BOTH CoD4 and Modern Warfare 2 are 94 on both sites. (Not to mention Black Ops scored the same as the highest scoring Battlefield game on BOTH sites ;) )

Oh whats that? You only count gamespot scores? Well fine, there is ONE AAA Battlefield game on here(Bad Company 2) and 4 AAA CoD games.

You were saying?

You guys can scream "teh salez dont mattah" all you want but what Battlefield fanboys fail to realize is that the games are ALSO more critically acclaimed than the Battlefield games. Seriously, I have never seen this much unwarranted arrogance/elietism from one group, when they havent even earned it :lol:

BF2 is at a 91 :? You seem to think Bad Company started BF.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
why hasnt this been closed yet?
26whitewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 26whitewolf

[QUOTE="_VenomX"]Looks like someone can't play Battlefield this September StrongDeadlift

I actually WANT the game to fail just because of the fanboys.

Dude, its just videogames.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I agree CoD gets hated on way to much around here. All of a sudden Dice hypes up how the new battlefield is gonna have a few perks on the PC version and some hermits are ready to worship them as Gods. Lets call battlefield what it is: a me too wannabe CoD clone that's just not quite as fun.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

After listening to all the rediculous hype from Battlefield fanboys about how BF "destroys" COD, I finally decided to pick up Bad Company 2 the other day. Seriously? This is the game that has been getting so much hype? . .

• The graphics are terrible.
  • The guns feel terrible as well. Terrible sound design, terrible feedback and weak rumble (almost on Uncharted 2 levels). As much as you guys may hate COD, there is no denying that CoD has set the industry standard for shooting mechanics. CoD's guns feel perfect. But this isnt so much a comparison to Bad Company, as it is simply pointing out how unpolished BC2's guns are compared to CoD. Everything in the game feels like its made out of cardboard when you shoot it.
  • The character movement is nowhere near as polished and fluid as in CoD, especially black ops. It feels like you are on a boat, or on roller skates. (which is funny because this was one of the things i've heard BF fanboys make fun of CoD for :lol: )(which is also weird because you dont even feel yourself running in BC2).
  • ZOMG teh destructable environments! Lol, refer to my "made of cardboard"comment.
  • ZOMG, teh vehicles. They are not polished at all, nor do they ad anything relevant to the gameplay. Basically, they dont need to be there. They are there for the sake of being in there.
  • ZOMG CoD just rehashes every year, and never does anything new....From what im seeing, Battlefield 3 looks like the exact same thing as Bad Company 2, just with better graphics.

Sometimes I really dont think people even know why they hate CoD so much.

Graphics, sounds weapons and the gameplay is all subjective. But are you serios when you say that BF3 looks the exact same as BF:BC2?
_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 _VenomX

BF2 is at a 91 :? You seem to think Bad Company started BF.

millerlight89

He's just a troll trying hard to bash BF series, thing is... It's too good to be compared on a COD game trolololo

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 millerlight89

I agree CoD gets hated on way to much around here. All of a sudden Dice hypes up how the new battlefield is gonna have a few perks on the PC version and some hermits are ready to worship them as Gods. Lets call battlefield what it is: a me too wannabe CoD clone that's just not quite as fun.

Pray_to_me
Hermits are the only ones hyping this. That's rich bro. Great stuff.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
why hasnt this been closed yet?yellosnolvr
System Wars needs more freedom not less
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

millerlight89

You were saying?

You guys can scream "teh salez dont mattah" all you want but what Battlefield fanboys fail to realize is that the games are ALSO more critically acclaimed than the Battlefield games. Seriously, I have never seen this much unwarranted arrogance/elietism from one group, when they havent even earned it :lol:

BF2 is at a 91 :?

You are right. I miscounted. That is the ONLY AAA installment of the franchise EVER, and it is NOT from this generation (not counting the late 360 port, which doesnt even have its servers up anymore, and wasnt AAA anyways).

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Are you serious, guy?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#46 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Battlefield has bad SOUND? You serious? :o

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 I_am_a_PS3_FB
Member since 2009 • 400 Posts

I find it funny that TC thinks BF fans are annoying when CoD Fanboys make at least 3 threads per MINUTE. about how "Call of duty Is the most supreme" "battlefield inferior to call of duty" "CoD is perfect FPS"

CoD is one of those M rated games that kids play to look Badass and wise to street or whatever.. its not even in the same league as battlefield. the attitude of CoD fanboys sickens me, lmao very sensible person on earth knows that BF is much more realistic and has much better graphics than CoD. Sure CoD has a market too (the 12 year olds) and its known for its unrealistic but "rewarding" (yeah you get a prize for installing the game as well) nature.

you cant compare these two games because they are aimed at different audiences (Cod : 12 year olds/11 year olds / Battlefield : Hardcore FPS players and everyone else older than 12)

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

do u realize that bf3 is a big improvement to bc2 you should watch vids of it all of your statements about animations, sound effect, graphics, and physics will show you how much a game should improve after a certain period of time
_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 _VenomX

Battlefield has bad SOUND? You serious? :o

kozzy1234
He is blind and deaf,I hope not!
AndyAlfredo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 AndyAlfredo
Member since 2009 • 1402 Posts

Compare Battlefield's user scores to CoD's on Metacritic or Gamerankings. Tells a whole different story.