Who's your favorite game creator? POLL inside

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Captain_Waffles
Captain_Waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#51 Captain_Waffles
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts

Some one else... seriously why are they all Japenese devs? My favs (couldn't choose one) Valve, Bungie, Epic, Westwood, Capcom, Blizzard, Microsoft Game Studios, I'm very indecisve...

EDIT- Justsaw Lionhead.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
Miyamoto, but I voted "someone else" because Suda51 needs some more lovin'. :)
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

John Carmack is a badass_en1gma_

godfather of FPS. *bows*

Axel_rocks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54 Axel_rocks14
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts
Miyamoto obviously
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
What I like mostly is the total control you have over Snake, wich is totally unique. Snake can Run, walk slow, stalk, duck, jump forward, shoot while standing up, crouching and lying down and you can crawl fast, slow and stalk, hang from rails, drop from rails, lean against walls, knock on walls, hide in cardboard boxes, choke enemies, break their neck, slit their throat, interrogate them, stun them, knock them out, put them to sleep, and not to mention the CQC moves and the whole FREEZE! thing wich is awesomeabudjasim
And yet Snake could be stopped in his tracks by any object over a foot tall because he couldn't JUMP
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#56 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

miyamoto .. his games speak for themselves

abudjasim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 abudjasim
Member since 2005 • 519 Posts

[QUOTE="abudjasim"]What I like mostly is the total control you have over Snake, wich is totally unique. Snake can Run, walk slow, stalk, duck, jump forward, shoot while standing up, crouching and lying down and you can crawl fast, slow and stalk, hang from rails, drop from rails, lean against walls, knock on walls, hide in cardboard boxes, choke enemies, break their neck, slit their throat, interrogate them, stun them, knock them out, put them to sleep, and not to mention the CQC moves and the whole FREEZE! thing wich is awesomeZerostatic0
And yet Snake could be stopped in his tracks by any object over a foot tall because he couldn't JUMP

Actually he can climb over it hitting the triangle button/

abudjasim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 abudjasim
Member since 2005 • 519 Posts
[QUOTE="abudjasim"][QUOTE="GrlGmr"][QUOTE="abudjasim"]

Who's your favorite dev? And why?

My favorite is Kojima. He invented the stealth-action genre single-handidly, wrote the most awesome story in a game ever and created the most awesome game character ever: Solid Snake. GrlGmr

Pet peeve of mine. Kojima did not invent the stealth-action genre. Tenchu: Stealth Assassins was the first stealth game released,andwas alreadyin production before MGS was announced.Thief was also in production at the same time as MGS. So at best Kojima helped shape the genre. He didn't invent it

Are you kidding? You cant compare crappy games like tenchu and thief with MGS.

Considering that Thief outscored MGS with a 9.1 , and Tenchu: Stealth Assassins got 8.3 (scoring only .2 behind MGS), I wouldn't exactly call them crappy games. IMHO, both games kick MGS square in the balls.

MGS wasn't the first, nor was it the best stealth game. Was it memorable? Yes. But that doesn't mean it was first or best.

It WAS the first. The original Metal Gear on the MSX was the first stealth game. And IMHO MGS kicks tenchu and thief square in the nuts. And those scores dont mean anything. Every site and magasine has its own score anyway.

quocthai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 quocthai
Member since 2005 • 1995 Posts

Yu Suzuki.Panzer_Zwei

virtua fighter and shenmue. Can't beat that

GrlGmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 GrlGmr
Member since 2003 • 4179 Posts
[QUOTE="GrlGmr"][QUOTE="abudjasim"][QUOTE="GrlGmr"][QUOTE="abudjasim"]

Who's your favorite dev? And why?

My favorite is Kojima. He invented the stealth-action genre single-handidly, wrote the most awesome story in a game ever and created the most awesome game character ever: Solid Snake. abudjasim

Pet peeve of mine. Kojima did not invent the stealth-action genre. Tenchu: Stealth Assassins was the first stealth game released,andwas alreadyin production before MGS was announced.Thief was also in production at the same time as MGS. So at best Kojima helped shape the genre. He didn't invent it

Are you kidding? You cant compare crappy games like tenchu and thief with MGS.

Considering that Thief outscored MGS with a 9.1 , and Tenchu: Stealth Assassins got 8.3 (scoring only .2 behind MGS), I wouldn't exactly call them crappy games. IMHO, both games kick MGS square in the balls.

MGS wasn't the first, nor was it the best stealth game. Was it memorable? Yes. But that doesn't mean it was first or best.

It WAS the first. The original Metal Gear on the MSX was the first stealth game. And IMHO MGS kicks tenchu and thief square in the nuts. And those scores dont mean anything. Every site and magasine has its own score anyway.

No, Metal Gear was NOT the first stealth game. If you're going to count Metal Gear as a stealth game in the same vein as more recent games like MGS, then it's still predated by the original Castle Wolfenstein, which came out in 1981.

Tenchu was the first 3D stealth game released, and it was in development before MGS was. Those are the facts.

The fact that you called Thief and Tenchu (and I'm only talking about the first one here) crappy games makes me doubt your judgement. They were not crappy games (Thief especially), and their scores reflect that.

Thief: The Dark Project: 90% on Gamerankings: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/71536.asp?q=thief

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins: 83% on Gamerankings: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/198911.asp?q=tenchu

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
^ yep thief is badass, There's a lot of stealth games out there but none of them are about stealing and making a profit.
tibicina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tibicina
Member since 2005 • 927 Posts

No Sid Meiers or Will Wright? This thread sucks.

Edit: No Tim Schafer or Michael Ancel? This is madness!

ATLBIinger
Agreed, I would have voted Will Wright (because of Spore, the Sims, Simcity, ect...).
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

1. I voted Miyamoto

2. Toriyama is a character designer, not a game designer

3. Where the hell is Will Wright?

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

I don't really have a favorite game creator per say.

Miyamoto *Mario, Zelda* , Kojima, *Metal Gear Solid, Lunar Knights* Kazuya Niinou *Trauma Center, Etrian Odyessy* , and Suda-51 *Killer 7* are amongst my favorites. :)

marioraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 marioraider
Member since 2006 • 1247 Posts

Miyamoto, and also, Ejli Aouma (sry if i destroyed his name). Both men are worthy of best developers. Also, Miyamoto is just a silly, fun person.