who wishes R* would have put GTAV on the PS4 and 720?

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

I'm a bit dissapointed that R* is putting GTAV on the current gen than waiting to put it on next gen consoles. First, i understand their logic. Current gen has a larger base, so they'll make more money, i get it. However, i'm sure this game if it was a launch title would have pushed out more consoles. Secondly, the main reason i'm dissapointed is that the game itself will likely not have a long life span since the next gen of console and games will laucnh mere months after the game has been released. Thirdly, I'm sure that the game itself would have looked and performed much better on next gen consoles.

Anyone agree?

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

There's always GTA VI

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Yeah, i would've preferred that. Now they have to hold back because of the 360:(

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Trinitarian

There's always GTA VI

ZombieKiller7
true, but its not like CoD and they get a new release every year. It will probably be 3 years at the least before we see that.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ZombieKiller7

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

There's always GTA VI

Trinitarian

true, but its not like CoD and they get a new release every year. It will probably be 3 years at the least before we see that.

Well yeah but

Is graphics that big a deal?

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

There is a risk involved by putting it on next gen systems.

Let companies like EA / Activision take care of the install bases with franchises like CoD, BF, Fifa, Madden.

What they are doing is ideal imo. Also don't forget about the budget increase if that was the case.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
*raises hand* I think some of these studios who don't want to sacrifice visual fidelity they are pushing the hardware to extents it just can't anymore. I mean I think technical prowess is the least of their concern, but considering that's the only thing they are special at anymore I'd like them to have more room to flex their muscle.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

Yeah, i would've preferred that. Now they have to hold back because of the 360:(

Cheleman
You poop.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts

I don't and I think Dan Houser's reasoning makes sense.

"Rockstar is a content company, not a hardware company. We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware. The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level. GTA 4 was our first attempt at a new platform and HD visuals, so the first part of development was seriously difficult. Now we know what the hardware's capable of, so it's become a lot easier to move things along and a lot more fun, too."

"GTA: San Andreas came out at the peak of the PlayStation 2's cycle, and we put out a really good game thanks to that. All the best games for a console come out at the end of the life cycle, right? So now's the best timing of all." Dan Houser

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/14/why-grand-theft-auto-5-is-sticking-to-current-gen-systems/

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Badosh

You poop.

I speak nothing but the truth, my son:cool:

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Trinitarian

Let companies like EA / Activision take care of the install bases with franchises like CoD, BF, Fifa, Madden.

What they are doing is ideal imo. Also don't forget about the budget increase if that was the case.

SuperFlakeman
Well, for them it is ideal. For the rest of us its not. That game is a power house. I know it would have pushed system sales through the roof when it came out. Going the route they have chosen will surely break record sales. However, now their game will not have a very long life span and will may quickly get over shadowed by next gen games. I wish they'd have taken the noble route and help with the launch of next gen systems and thus would have made a better, longer lasting game. Eitherway, they'd have made a profit but i agree launching it on next gen would have been risky but i'm sure they'd still come up on top. Come on this is R* were talking about lol.
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
With it being so close to launch, they might as well. Though this way they will be taking advantage of a much larger user base.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZombieKiller7

They prolly been working on V for years.

It's not like they woke up yesterday and went "hey let's make GTA V dude" Do you think we should wait for Xbox720? "Nah 360 is good enough"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I dont or I wouldnt be able to play it, at least for quite a while

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Why would I want it on a console that I don't own and will not own for quite some time. Besides, that would mean more delays, and since it will be in early stages of the console's life, fvck ups are more prone to happen. Like GTA4.
megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

I don't and I think Dan Houser's reasoning makes sense.

[QUOTE="Dan Houser"]"Rockstar is a content company, not a hardware company. We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware. The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level. GTA 4 was our first attempt at a new platform and HD visuals, so the first part of development was seriously difficult. Now we know what the hardware's capable of, so it's become a lot easier to move things along and a lot more fun, too."

"GTA: San Andreas came out at the peak of the PlayStation 2's cycle, and we put out a really good game thanks to that. All the best games for a console come out at the end of the life cycle, right? So now's the best timing of all." AcidSoldner

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/14/why-grand-theft-auto-5-is-sticking-to-current-gen-systems/

This is pretty much all that needs to be said.

fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fernandmondego_
Maybe Saint's Row 4 will be on the 720/PS4.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

Trinitarian
Well, for them it is ideal. For the rest of us its not. That game is a power house. I know it would have pushed system sales through the roof when it came out. Going the route they have chosen will surely break record sales. However, now their game will not have a very long life span and will may quickly get over shadowed by next gen games. I wish they'd have taken the noble route and help with the launch of next gen systems and thus would have made a better, longer lasting game. Eitherway, they'd have made a profit but i agree launching it on next gen would have been risky but i'm sure they'd still come up on top. Come on this is R* were talking about lol.

The new gen hardware might have a difficult learning curve and the game could potentially be ruined because they are not used to it yet. As good as R* may be they still need time to get used to the architecture . Then there's the time issue, since MS and Sony's nex gen development tools are not final and keep getting updates so it would make development difficult possibility causing delays (which would be upsetting if it were planned to be a launch game).
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
I dunno. This way it should be less buggy and with more "meaningful" sideactivities. Also possibly a bigger focus on gameplay. If they released it on the new consoles it would probably have been a new GTA4 (aka a very stripped GTA experience).
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Cheleman
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Think of it as the multiplat swan song of their gen.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#24 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Considering we don't even know when the PS4 or next xbox are coming and it's been almost four years since GTA IV came out... I really don't wish to wait any longer for the next GTA.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

In an interview with IGN when asked

IGN: Why isn't GTA V a next-gen launch title?
R*: Some other people talk about the limitations of the [current] hardware. We don't feel there are that many limitations. We feel we can do some very impressive stuff and do it for a large audience. This felt like the way... There'll be a much larger audience on PS3 than there will be on PS4. At a creative level, which is the most important for us, we could say everything we wanted to say and do everything we wanted to do on these machines. We didn't sit there saying, "We'd like to do this in the game, but we can't." There's plenty of power in these machines.

Source

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

its fine....i think they sell more by releasing it this gen and wait til the install base is more than a couple of million

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

$60 to play gtav, or $660, I'll take it this gen.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Maybe Saint's Row 4 will be on the 720/PS4. fernandmondego_
Thats if EA doesn't get their hands on it first.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts
well, for sales concerns I think having it on the Xbox 360 and PS3 to start would be best, with a combined userbase of both systems taken into consideration I think that's the smartest thing to do, otherwise working on additional ports may hinder development of the games on other systems and they can still put both games on next gen consoles later, after all GTA V is likely going to have DLC, and maybe later they'll release a stand alone retail version of the DLC like the Episode From Liberty City for GTA IV which included Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony and multiplayer, or Red Dead Redemption also had the stand alone Undead Nightmare retail game with some MP DLC included, then later the games would be released to include both the full game and the DLC/stand-alone retail content... so maybe by that point the new consoles will have a larger userbase, and if the game sells well on the Xbox 360 and PS3 then maybe it'll seem like a safe bet just to port the complete collection over
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fernandmondego_
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Maybe Saint's Row 4 will be on the 720/PS4. clyde46

EA will support both consoles.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Maybe Saint's Row 4 will be on the 720/PS4. fernandmondego_

EA will support both consoles.

And kill that series in the process.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 faizan_faizan

Well the simple thing is if you want the Next Gen experience then play it on the PC.. done.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
Well, it would've given me a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good reason to go out and buy one of the two.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 clyde46
Could imagine the butthurt in SW if GTA 6 was either a PS or XB exclusive?
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 faizan_faizan
Could imagine the butthurt in SW if GTA 6 was either a PS or XB exclusive?clyde46
You remember what happened with TBOGT? It was a X360 exclusive at launch.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"]Could imagine the butthurt in SW if GTA 6 was either a PS or XB exclusive?faizan_faizan

I remember when GTA4 was announced for the 360. There was butthurt, butthurt everywhere!
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Could imagine the butthurt in SW if GTA 6 was either a PS or XB exclusive?clyde46

I remember when GTA4 was announced for the 360. There was butthurt, butthurt everywhere!

GTA has been on the Xbox since GTAIII; it was only a 6 month exclusivity window back then. Never understood the butt hurt.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clyde46
[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] You remember what happened with TBOGT? It was a X360 exclusive at launch.

GTA has been on the Xbox since GTAIII; it was only a 6 month exclusivity window back then. Never understood the butt hurt.

I know, the Cows hated the fact that GTA4 was going to be launched at the same on the 360 and MS had that "exclusive" DLC deal.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] You remember what happened with TBOGT? It was a X360 exclusive at launch.

lol but the lems were butt hurt back in the day. you should have seen the halo vs gta threads
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 faizan_faizan
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Could imagine the butthurt in SW if GTA 6 was either a PS or XB exclusive?clyde46

lol yeah when Peter Moore showed his tattoo.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clyde46
[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] You remember what happened with TBOGT? It was a X360 exclusive at launch.

lol yeah when Peter Moore showed his tattoo.

SW burned on that day.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Yes, but in the end it's still gonna be better than Watch Dogs

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#43 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I think they will just port it to the 720 and PS4 later anyways.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 faizan_faizan

OB-47
Why are you even comparing both? GTA is a series that comes from HELL True Crime tried to compete failed Saints Row tried to compete failed Just Cause tried to compete failed Driver SF tried to.........It was a flop game Watch Dogs.........
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#45 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Definitely not. We need our GTA. It's also better for Rockstar this way. They get to release the game on systems with big userbases rather than the tiny ones that the ps4 and 720 will start with.
Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

I say they should juust do what they are more comfortable doing and believe that they can get the best content out of.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts
We all know it will be ported anyway. so why would they stress about developing for new hardware when they can reach so many more people by doing it this gen?
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#48 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
That would have been logical.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

faizan_faizan

Why are you even comparing both? GTA is a series that comes from HELL

True Crime tried to compete failed

Saints Row tried to compete failed

Just Cause tried to compete failed

Driver SF tried to.........It was a flop game

Watch Dogs.........

True Crime did fail I'll agree.

Saints Row though I don't like didn't fail as it found an audience that detested GTA4's realism focus.

Just Cause I thought did pretty well?

Driver San Fransico didn't flop at all. That was the best game in the franchise

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 faizan_faizan

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

OB-47

Why are you even comparing both? GTA is a series that comes from HELL

True Crime tried to compete failed

Saints Row tried to compete failed

Just Cause tried to compete failed

Driver SF tried to.........It was a flop game

Watch Dogs.........

True Crime did fail I'll agree.

Saints Row though I don't like didn't fail as it found an audience that detested GTA4's realism focus.

Just Cause I thought did pretty well?

Driver San Fransico didn't flop at all. That was the best game in the franchise

Again.....It's my opinion, Saints Row relies on the excuse of IV's realism and it isn't even worth, It's GTA IV with Mods.