Who will win E3?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who will win E3? (96 votes)

Sony 66%
MS 24%
Nintendo 10%

I am going with Sony, though I think there will be strong showings from MS and Nintendo. Sony is in high gear now with the Neo, VR, and great first party content. Xbox is sort of past it's peak and Nintendo is only showing Zelda lolol. What are your thoughts on this, SW? Who will win E3?

• 
BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1082 Posts

Sony imo.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

The poll reflects the current state of the actual winners and losers this generation!!!

And the people who were wrong when choosing the sides against the obvious better choice among the options this gen will continue to be wrong and have egg on their face for the rest of the generation.

Tip: most people actually chose the correct option

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

@casharmy said:

Sounds like a bitter hermit who mad that PC doesn't have anything exciting for people to talk or care about.

Some of these guys are in a constant state of negative butthurt. Maybe those monthly indie projects they hype on here aren't as fulfilling as they would have us believe?

I own a PS4 and a One. Hell I wish I had a gaming PC, because the exclusive line-up there is much more promising on top of having the best of what the PS4 and the One have to offer.

The big three have constantly underperformed at these conferences for the past few years, so why would I bother anticipating something that likely won't be all that interesting in the first place? I do not care for mid-generation upgrades, which is likely going to be the focal point for MS and Sony. As for Nintendo? Literally all they're showing is Zelda. Big whoop.

So forgive me for not being as gullible as you seem to be. Like I said in another post, I couldn't care less about developers wishing to show very specific portions of their games to generate vapid hype.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I'm going with Sony they've had the edge from the get go and I don't see how MS can gain an edge. MS would have to come up with something colossal ,but even if next xbox is detailed that's in the future. Wouldn't do much currently, so Sony should be primed for good showing at E3. MS just needs to keep the boat afloat and keep the people like me happy with more output in console excluisves /exclusives. I'm def. Not seeing any help from third party this gen like the x360 as Ps4 has taken that edge and most likely NX will take some as well.

MISTER_Davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MISTER_Davis
Member since 2016 • 286 Posts

@Chozofication: i second that

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts

Not Nintendo v_v

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Don't know. It won't be Nintendo that's for sure. They aren't even showing NX at the E3. Their holiday is completely ruined this year.

**********************************************************************************************

@sukraj said:

I hope both Microsoft and Sony have a good E3.

They will. They did last year.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#58 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

With Nintendo essentially dropping out this year, I have almost no excitement for E3. They're usually the only ones that could keep a secret.

Maybe there will be more Wild shown at sony's event. I'd be interested in seeing that.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

MS/PC/WIndows will slaughter cows

many tears shall be shed that day.

Cows already scared Xbox 2.0 will slaughter neo spec wise

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Sony >>>>MS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nintendon't.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts

probably sony.

it should be nintendo. the NX, zelda and the rest of the NX lineup and so on...it should have been an easy win really. but they are not turning up. one could argue that its actually more forward thinking of them. E3 is a bit of a dino from a bygone era. but...its E3...y'know? it's E3.

so sony will have the neo (agree or disagree with the idea, new hardware always generates hype) and a bunch of games. it would be nice of more of those games will actually be released before next E3 but its not a requirement for the event.

what does MS have in the tank? not sure really. they could have some really big surprise that floors everyone..we shall see. but i wouldnt put my money on it.

itll be a great event for PC fans as they will be able to look at a lot of games at the sony and MS conferences (and others) and think "yep...getting that". seriously sonys event last year was also great for the PC. MS wasnt bad either. hopefully the PC conference is improved. i thought they laid a solid foundation last year and hopefully they can build on that. just please: no "why PC?" type questions.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@tormentos said:

Sony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Poop>>>>>>>MS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nintendon't.

Fixed

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I think Nintendo will win it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

I just hope this years E3 2016 PC game show has something great cause last year was a letdown.

I say Sony will win mainly they have to show PS VR, PS4 Neo, (if it does exist that is) Horizon: Zero Dawn full details/release date, The Last Guardian, Persona 5, ABZU, and especially Hideo Kojima's (partnership with Sony) new game coming to PS4/PC is what I hope to see at E3 would be a good main event.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

It's really difficult to say.

Nintendo aren't bringing anything to E3 besides Zelda. Zelda could end up been the greatest game ever created, it's still just one game, which by default makes for a rather lackluster E3 showing.

I don't think Sony will have much in the way of surprises this year. We already know about the PSNeo and that it's just an updated PS4, so that announcement will be a lot less exciting than it could have been, and they'll probably spend far too much time talking about the PSVR, which will drag down the event. We'll get to see the same games we saw last year, FFVII, Shenmue 3, TLG, Horizon, we might get one or two new announcements, but unless one of them is either TLoU2, or a ND developed Crash Reboot, it'll probably be rather underwhelming. Especially if one of them happens to be yet another God of War *YAWN!*. It'll still probably be a decent show, but nothing mind blowing like last year.

Microsoft is actually in a really interesting position. We're hearing rumors of a new Xbox, but nothing solid, so it'll be interesting to see if anything comes from that. Aside from Gears 4, we've really not seen much of any of their announced games in a long time, so it'll also be interesting to see them again.

It's between MS and Sony for sure. Knowing what we know Sony will probably have at the show, they're in the best position to win, however MS is in the best position to give us some surprise announcements which could give them a shot, so there is really no way you can rule them out just yet.

I'm actually far more excited for EA than anyone else this year, which is shocking even to me. I just can't help feeling like a kid on Christmas knowing we'll see Mass Effect: Andromeda, and some new Star Wars games. I'm even hearing rumors of a Mass Effect: Enhanced Trilogy, but I don't wanna get my hopes up because they've dismissed that idea several times in the past.

Avatar image for deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1
deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-57adcc01ab2b1
Member since 2016 • 329 Posts

Probably Sony.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Why is Nintendo even an option?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Microsoft is gonna have another embarassing e3. They'll try to show they're involved in VR by re-iterating the Rift comes with an xbone controller, and show some more footage of games everyone already knows about.

If they announce a new console, I have zero confidence it's gonna be anything impressive.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#69 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Not Nintendo

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

I don't see how you can pick anyone but Sony.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

I haven't heard about anything major from anyone that could make me vote any of the three. I do know that Nintendo has practically announced "we ain't winning sh*t this year" with their lack of NX and focus on Zelda.

Personally, the only thing I'm looking forward to is more Persona 5 news during the event, but I don't count that as a victory for Sony since it's coming from Atlus.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17689 Posts

Don't know, but I can tell you who's not going to win.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Zergforlife
Member since 2016 • 467 Posts

@casharmy said:
@kvally said:
@casharmy said:
@deeph said:

Spoken like a true gaming fan.

Sounds like a bitter hermit who mad that PC doesn't have anything exciting for people to talk or care about.

Some of these guys are in a constant state of negative butthurt. Maybe those monthly indie projects they hype on here aren't as fulfilling as they would have us believe?

I don't speak for all PC gamers, but I know for 2016 I am pumped for PC exclusives. Routine, Blade & Soul, WOW: Legion, We Happy Few, Total War: Warhammer, Battle Cry, Star Citizen, Fortnite, Shadowrun and more.

So glad I game on all the platforms. It's a win win. Game on top of game, it's insane....in the membrane.

Right!

That's a much better attitude to have than being mad that more console exclusive games will have the highlight of the games shown. PC actually looks better this year for their exclusives than they have to me in the past but I still see a lot of salty hermits because console exclusives usually have the high profile game to show than the ones for PC.

I tire of seeing those bitter defeated comments from grumpy PC fanboys all the time when it's just jealousy and sour grapes at the popularity of high profile console games.

I never see any of what you're talking about, and I never see any PC gamer caring about the popularity/profile of a game especially as PC gaming isn't big on marketing and TV-Commercials in comparison, but is easily big on actual userbase, skill based/competitive, and concurrently gamers (bigger than all the consoles together?). Maybe the bitterness is on another forum? Link? E3 is more for consoles so it makes sense that mostly console games win those hype awards, while GDC/PAX has a bit more PC one.

That being said many of the best and most games at E3 end up being multiplats, even "console exclusive" from Sony/XB conferences, resulting in actually a quite abundance of PC titles at E3 which falls in line with the system's populace and library dominance.

I hope the PC conference (confirmed) this year is better. I heard it will show Dawn of War and Star Citizen! It won't be as flashy or make as much buzz, but it will show great games. One of which has rather insane gameplay ideas and the best gfx I've ever seen (SC).

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

SONY will win for 3rd straight year.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9737 Posts

Loading Video...

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By casharmy

@jagoff said:
@casharmy said:

I own a PS4 and a One. Hell I wish I had a gaming PC, because the exclusive line-up there is much more promising on top of having the best of what the PS4 and the One have to offer.

The big three have constantly underperformed at these conferences for the past few years, so why would I bother anticipating something that likely won't be all that interesting in the first place? I do not care for mid-generation upgrades, which is likely going to be the focal point for MS and Sony. As for Nintendo? Literally all they're showing is Zelda. Big whoop.

So forgive me for not being as gullible as you seem to be. Like I said in another post, I couldn't care less about developers wishing to show very specific portions of their games to generate vapid hype.

Gullible is a silly choice of words considering PS4 has delivered better than any other system so far in terms of E3 excitement unless you are hyping PC for winning the tallest midget contest for having the most basement indies titles.

Not understanding your argument here since you just seem to be upset I said the obvious.

Not really sure why you feel the need to attack me with passive aggressive comments to suggest I am gullible for something when it's you who bought an xbox one...don't talk to me about being "gullible" given the fact that you'd have been better off with a PC instead of that thing you have in xbox one but that's the difference between me and you....since I am not "gullible".

I don't make ill-informed decisions like buying products that aren't going to be worth it to me nor do I misuse words like "gullible" when the context doesn't fit the discussion. There is nothing "gullible" about projecting the winners of a game convention for those who have constantly proven they produce the most compelling titles shown compared to the competitions on a constant basis.

You might want to go look up some words you so loosely throw around before jumping into debates attempting to make points. It doesn't seem like you know how to use them properly or understand what they mean and it breaks down whatever point you were trying to convey.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Sony if they show: Horizon, the rumored norse God of War, Nioh, rumored Sucker Punch Spider-Man game, and Sony Bend's game.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Sony by 20 Dark Matter years. Greatness Arrived!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Corporations.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Mind you last year Sony had Shenmue 3, FFVII Remake AND TLG. It'll only get better this year.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 casharmy

@SolidTy said:

Corporations.

in reality gamers win :)

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@casharmy said:
@SolidTy said:

Corporations.

in reality gamers win :)

In reality, Corporations do win showing us what to buy from them, but as a gamer I do hope we like what we see from the companies. Usually there is something of interest for me.

Certainly there is excitement from fans every year, but typically I see people's ramped up, super expectations are never met.

I go in with zero expectations which has been working out in my situation. :)

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Two things I want to see shown for PS4 at this E3 and if either one makes it, Sony will automatically win E3 for me.

1. Shenmue HD Collection

2. Dino Crisis Reboot with Regina

Sony should offer to buy Dino Crisis from Crapcom so it actually happens.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

I dont even know why this is a question. Its undeniably Sony

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Well Nintendo would have if they were going to show off the NX console, but now it'll probably be Sony, and it's really too bad, because i think Nintendo would have finally had their moment in the sun again, after all these years, and not releasing NX in time for the holiday is not the best move either it gives Sony and Microsoft that much more of a leap forward.

I hope they know what their doing.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Sony .... because it's where all the nerds and nerds-wannabe wants to be .....

meanwhile at ms (base on previous E3 .... some attendees r seems forced to be there by their sponsor.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45415 Posts

damn, Sony is killing it in this poll. I think MS will have some good announcements, even some surprise ones.