Who should I hate here. MS or EA, or both?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

So I buy an X1 for Halo MCC and it's my choice and it's been gathering dust mostly since then but that's okay it is what it is but I buy DA Inquisition for PS4 and now discover the DLC is 'exclusive' to fucking Microsoft?

What do EA think they are going to achieve with this stunt other than make PS4 owners hate them even more than any sane person already does? What does MS achieve? Do they think PS4 owners who bought the game will buy it for X1 as well just to get the DLC?

Staggering stupidity. Maybe MS think Xbox One owners will enjoy the DLC more knowing they have stopped PS4 owners from having it?

The whole world has gone fucking mad!

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Timed DLC sucks, but that's the business these days. It sucked with Destiny and it sucks here, but at least it's coming to PS4 eventually.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Not as bad as the year exclusive destiny dlc on ps4. Every company does it. Get over it.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blueinheaven

@mems_1224 said:

Not as bad as the year exclusive destiny dlc on ps4. Every company does it. Get over it.

So if Sony did it with Destiny that makes it okay for MS and EA? Yep, with people like you in the world they can and will get away with it whenever they want. Anyone who doesn't like it can 'get over it'. Have a word with yourself ffs.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

Or you can hate Sony for not forking out money to secure DLCs at the same time as Xbox or secure it to get it first. Just saying.....

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@blueinheaven: it's not essential dlc. What's the big deal? It's not like Dragon age is lacking in content.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

EA

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blueinheaven

@cdragon_88 said:

Or you can hate Sony for not forking out money to secure DLCs at the same time as Xbox or secure it to get it first.

Nobody should get it first if it's ready for release they should release it to the people who paid good money for their game. They take paying customers up the ass like this and then wonder why people pirate their crap on PC.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@cdragon_88 said:

Or you can hate Sony for not forking out money to secure DLCs at the same time as Xbox or secure it to get it first.

Nobody should get it first if it's ready for release they should release it to the people who paid good money for their game. They take paying customers up the ass like this and then wonder why people pirate their crap on PC.

um what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Who buys a console, only for one game... If I would know that there isn't any other game than Halo MCC on Xbox One I wanted to play, I wouldn't buy it...

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cdragon_88

@blueinheaven said:
@cdragon_88 said:

No, I agree it's stupid. I'm just putting it out there that these exclusive deals can go either way: Sony or Microsoft--so you can blame Sony as well.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@lostrib said:

EA

Always EA

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blueinheaven

@lostrib said:

@blueinheaven said:

@cdragon_88 said:

um what?

PC, Xbox One, PS4 people bought the game on all these platforms. If the DLC is ready for release they should all be able to buy it. They are basically saying '**** you' to people who bought the game on PS4.

@FastRobby said:

Who buys a console, only for one game... If I would know that there isn't any other game than Halo MCC on Xbox One I wanted to play, I wouldn't buy it...

Obviously I bought it hoping there would be other games I want to play on it but I've got most multiplats for PC or PS4. Halo MCC is more than one game btw.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

the general consumer

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Sony is to blame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@FastRobby said:

Obviously I bought it hoping there would be other games I want to play on it but I've got most multiplats for PC or PS4. Halo MCC is more than one game btw.

Yeah I know, I've got I myself. From exclusives, I only bought Ryse (when it was a exclusive, for 20 euro), and I chose Xbox One, because from a multimedia point of view it is better in ANY way compared to the PS4. There isn't any exclusive for PS4, that I really want to play. For Xbox One, barely any. I do see Halo MCC as a exclusive, because I'm not going to connect my old Xbox and Xbox 360 to play those games again...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@lostrib said:

@blueinheaven said:

@cdragon_88 said:

um what?

PC, Xbox One, PS4 people bought the game on all these platforms. If the DLC is ready for release they should all be able to buy it. They are basically saying '**** you' to people who bought the game on PS4.

@FastRobby said:

Play Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, Ori, and whatever else is on Xbone.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

If you own an X1 and don't have sunset overdrive, you are doing it wrong. just sayin

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blueinheaven

@FastRobby said:

@blueinheaven said:

@FastRobby said:

Yeah I know, I've got I myself. From exclusives, I only bought Ryse (when it was a exclusive, for 20 euro), and I chose Xbox One, because from a multimedia point of view it is better in ANY way compared to the PS4. There isn't any exclusive for PS4, that I really want to play. For Xbox One, barely any. I do see Halo MCC as a exclusive, because I'm not going to connect my old Xbox and Xbox 360 to play those games again...

I'm actually fine with buying the X1 just for that. The remasters are fantastic and so are the games. I don't care about online, I play online games on PC only. I'm looking forward to Quantum Break as well. And obviously Halo 5.

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@blueinheaven said:

@lostrib said:

@blueinheaven said:

@cdragon_88 said:

um what?

@FastRobby said:

I'm honestly not interested in any of that stuff. Okay I'll cut to the chase here. I bought and Xbox One and a PS4 thinking I've got all bases covered for exclusives. I have a high end PC as well. The LAST thing I expected was bloody DLC to be exclusive I'm actually furious at EA that they sold me the game for PS4 and never told me they had signed a deal to make DLC exclusive to Microsoft.

Platform exclusives for full games I am totally down with but this shit really has rubbed me up absolutely the wrong way. I bet the DLC is crap as well lol, but that's hardly the point.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@FastRobby said:

@blueinheaven said:

@FastRobby said:

I'm actually fine with buying the X1 just for that. The remasters are fantastic and so are the games. I don't care about online, I play online games on PC only. I'm looking forward to Quantum Break as well. And obviously Halo 5.

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@blueinheaven said:

@lostrib said:

@blueinheaven said:

@cdragon_88 said:

um what?

@FastRobby said:

I'm honestly not interested in any of that stuff. Okay I'll cut to the chase here. I bought and Xbox One and a PS4 thinking I've got all bases covered for exclusives. I have a high end PC as well. The LAST thing I expected was bloody DLC to be exclusive I'm actually furious at EA that they sold me the game for PS4 and never told me they had signed a deal to make DLC exclusive to Microsoft.

Platform exclusives for full games I am totally down with but this shit really has rubbed me up absolutely the wrong way. I bet the DLC is crap as well lol, but that's hardly the point.

Don't get the dlc. It's not like it's necessary, and it's coming to all platforms anyway.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blueinheaven

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@blueinheaven said:

@FastRobby said:

@blueinheaven said:

@FastRobby said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@blueinheaven said:

@lostrib said:

@blueinheaven said:

@cdragon_88 said:

um what?

@FastRobby said:

Don't get the dlc. It's not like it's necessary, and it's coming to all platforms anyway.

Yeah I'm already over it, specially from what people have been saying about it from early reports of playing it. I just needed to rant.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Okay, I don't get this. You want to blame MS for common practices on consoles? Right or wrong this is what gaming is like on consoles. There are far bigger problems than timed exclusive dlc, such as £20 plus season passes on top of a £45 plus game. Developers drip feeding you content that should have been in the game anyways. So much fucking disgusting rubbish. Timed exclusive content isn't even on my radar. I'm of the opinion that if something is timed exclusive, I'll still get my hands on it eventually.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

CDPR

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blueinheaven

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Okay, I don't get this. You want to blame MS for common practices on consoles? Right or wrong this is what gaming is like on consoles. There are far bigger problems than timed exclusive dlc, such as £20 plus season passes. Developers drip feeding you content that should have been in the game anyways. So much fucking disgusting rubbish. Timed exclusive content isn't even on my radar. I'm of the opinion that if something is timed exclusive, I'll still get my hands on it eventually.

It's all part of the same deal. I am blaming EA and MS for what you say is common practices on consoles. Today it annoys me because it's DAI. If I was a Destiny fan it would have annoyed me if I couldn't play the DLC on X1 if that was the only system I had but fortunately for me I knew it was a hilarious disaster in the making so never went anywhere near the thing. No point saying 'right or wrong' the answer is 'wrong' and there's nothing we can do about it but accept it or stop gaming.

Yeah season passes and devs drip feeding you content blah blah blah some of us (probably including you) warned all the plebs what would happen if they accepted DLC as a concept and nobody listened and sure enough we are being taken for mugs left right and centre at absolutely every turn.

You can't change the fact that most people just ARE incredibly stupid. The suits don't sell to the clued-up minority, they sell to the rest.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@cdragon_88 said:

Nobody should get it first if it's ready for release they should release it

And now you understand Microsoft's parity clause! It's not so illogical after all now is it...

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cdragon_88
@nyadc said:

@blueinheaven said:

@cdragon_88 said:

Nobody should get it first if it's ready for release they should release it

And now you understand Microsoft's parity clause! It's not so illogical after all now is it...

Funny, Microsoft only demands parity when they are on the delayed end of the stick.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NyaDC

@cdragon_88 said:

Funny, Microsoft only demands parity when they are on the delayed end of the stick.

Why wouldn't they? Why would they care if another platform got something last? That is for those companies to worry about, not Microsoft.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cdragon_88

@nyadc said:

@cdragon_88 said:

Why wouldn't they? Why would they care if another platform got something last? That is for those companies to worry about, not Microsoft.

Then why demand parity at all? Obviously parity is not what they are really after.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NyaDC

@cdragon_88 said:

@nyadc said:

@cdragon_88 said:

Then why demand parity at all? Obviously parity is not what they are really after.

They're after parity in relation to their platform, they have no vested interest in parity for the sake of others, that is all on them, this isn't hard to understand.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

You should hate them both equally. Microsoft for spending their money on this crap rather than developing games for the Xbox One, and EA for neglecting more than half of their paying customers.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I dunno, look at all the awesome sauce that PS4 gets that Xbox One doesn't and you shouldn't really care. I mean, Free Lives refuses to make Broforce for XB1 because they think the parity clause prevents them even though that's been amended greatly since 2013 and MS has even explicitly express interest in the title coming over, or other indie devs have published on XB1 after games have launched on other platforms. Or just some companies by their own volition refuse to publish on XB1 and only on PS4. So, MS strong arms deals like this, that's what they do. You'll get it eventually, like Lost & Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony, or Bioshock, or Lost Planet, or Ninja Gaiden II, or any of that MS timed exclusive stuff, then everyone on all sides will act like it never happened.

Plus, it's worth noting maybe any substantive DLC might not have happened without MS's financial incentives. Look at how GTA IV got two substantive expansions due to MS's contributions, which eventually went to PS3 as it was timed. Then, with GTA V, no money was used to entice exclusive DLC, so no real big DLC was produced. It's easy to hate MS and EA but maybe when this DLC graces the other platforms people will appreciate it. I mean, who knows what EA might have done without this incentive, maybe they'd of still had DLC but maybe it'd be more shallow milking DLC.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cdragon_88

@nyadc said:

@cdragon_88 said:

@nyadc said:

@cdragon_88 said:

They're after parity in relation to their platform, they have no vested interest in parity for the sake of others, that is all on them, this isn't hard to understand.

You do understand the word parity right? Parity means you keep it equal--not keep it equal when I'm at the bottom. If Microsoft secures first rights then that's not called parity. Why are you even talking about parity at all? Microsoft is simply saying it's cool if we get it first but not cool if Sony gets it before us. What Microsoft proposes isn't parity, it's called having to have the upper-hand, "this isn't hard to understand."

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Well EA does have some sort of partnership through EA Access with Microsoft. If you are going to get a EA game then get it on your ONE. Free games, early access and discounts. I am playing Hardline now through a 10 hour timed demo. I can beat it, unlock the achievements and everything, just like I owned the full retail copy.

But back to the topic............DLC exclusivity isn't nothing new. Usually someone has to lose

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

You should blame yourself for playing such a shitty game.

Play MCC. Get g00d n00b.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#37 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@mems_1224 said:

So if Sony did it with Destiny that makes it okay for MS and EA? Yep, with people like you in the world they can and will get away with it whenever they want. Anyone who doesn't like it can 'get over it'. Have a word with yourself ffs.

But his point is where was your crusade against this with destiny?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

To be fair, MS and EA did say months before the release of Dragon Age Inquisition that the Xbox One would get timed exclusive content first. Why blame EA and MS that you picked it up on the PS4 when the warning signs were there that this would happen? You really should be blaming yourself. You made your bed, now sleep in it, don't blame others, blame yourself, and wallow in that self loathing...

Loading Video...

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Yeah, this pretty much sums up the thread.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Sony did this with Destiny and is doing it with Batman DLC

I guess sony just likes screwing over gamers too

and i think they shutdown servers for a 1 year old game

they wont even let xb1 gamers play street fighter either

stop acting like sony isn't doing this same crap man just take these hits as xbox gamers have had to as well

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Don't buy consoles. Free yourselves from this corporate orgy.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

So I buy an X1 for Halo MCC and it's my choice and it's been gathering dust mostly since then but that's okay it is what it is but I buy DA Inquisition for PS4 and now discover the DLC is 'exclusive' to fucking Microsoft?

What do EA think they are going to achieve with this stunt other than make PS4 owners hate them even more than any sane person already does? What does MS achieve? Do they think PS4 owners who bought the game will buy it for X1 as well just to get the DLC?

Staggering stupidity. Maybe MS think Xbox One owners will enjoy the DLC more knowing they have stopped PS4 owners from having it?

The whole world has gone fucking mad!

ea is parterned with microsoft, no amount of sony fanboyism will change that

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Timed DLC. It sucks, but 1st party companies opt for this these days instead of making more games. M$ stated it way back and it's catching on more and more, I know Sony does it too but not nearly as much. Fighting fire with fire.

I don't like it either, but it will release eventually. M$ did it with COD, Battlefield 4, Evolve, GTA4, Skyrim, Dragon Age, and many others, and Sony did it with Destiny, Watchdogs, and AC most recently. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/10/e3-2013-battlefield-4-second-assault-dlc-coming-first-to-xbox-one

Sony usually goes for exclusive content over timed DLC though. Like Sony's deal with Assassin's Creed and Watchdogs.

In fact, the upcoming Batman Arkham Knight has EXCLUSIVE content for PS4.

Batman Scarecrow Nightmare content only on PS4.

http://gamerant.com/batman-arkham-knight-ps4-exclusive-content/

“Gotham falls victim to Scarecrow’s fear toxin, transforming the famous city into a twisted, hellish nightmare in the Batman: Arkham Knight Scarecrow Nightmare Pack… Tear through the city in the all-new batmobile and face off against a towering vision of Scarecrow and his undead army as they spread terror on the streets, available exclusively on PlayStation 4.”

As a longtime Batman fan, that extra content is more exciting to me than timed DLC. Sony seems to go for content in SP as a focus and Xbox go for timed DLC for MP, generally speaking.

I rather have exclusive content over timed DLC, but it's all pretty similar tactics to get the consumer to consider that version, besides the technical advantage differences (resolution, effects, polys, textures, performance, etc). Going PC isn't always an option, and then there is the DRM issue for collector's like me to deal with.

Sony generally spends more money on 1st party games development and 3rd party exclusive content here or there.

M$ generally spends more money on timed DLC/timed exclusives with 3rd party companies than Sony ever does (even Plants Vs. Zombies GW was timed), and that results in less 1st party games for Xbox we see every-time an Xbox generation winds down and look back at the retail exclusives.

Obviously Sony ventured into the timed DLC area with Destiny and M$ ventured into the content realm with Dragon Age.

Buying timed exclusive DLC is cheaper than making a whole game...but yeah, everytime they do it, it's like one less game is being made in the world and a demon gets a pitchfork.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Hate's far too powerful (and valuable) to waste on gaming. :p

Nah I know what you mean. Pick MS. I just got a One and picked up MCC and man, I couldn't even tolerate CE. Framerate stutters, buggy, unpolished, changes to perfectly good controls.

It left a bad taste in my mouth. Since my 360 broke I'm just going to have to wait to be reminded of the masterpiece CE really is in capable hands.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44065 Posts

Hate yourself man, MCC is so loaded with content a gamer and fan of Halo which I guess is the reason you bought it right, could play those four masterpiece games off line & online for years plus the other stellar games like FH2 & SO leave you the only one to blame for the X1 collecting dust which I don't even see how that happens as even when not playing games, my X1 is used everyday since it's hooked into my entertainment center and use for TV watching and whatnot so again, if you must hate, hate yourself. :P

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Dont hate anyone, enough hate in the world. Also, Dragon Age Inq. Is so dang long, by the time you finish the game the dlc will probably be available on ps4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#48 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Everyone involved.

They wouldn't do this if they didn't have reason to think there would be some benefit - but that doesn't mean they have to do this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Both Sony and MS try to get it and make the game more appealing for their platform.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Timed DLC sucks, but that's the business these days. It sucked with Destiny and it sucks here, but at least it's coming to PS4 eventually.

As a business, buying timed exclusive content or straight up exclusive DLC is cheaper than buying a full exclusive.

As a consumer, I find that timed exclusive DLC or exclusive DLC is way worse than a game being a straight up exclusive. At least with an exclusive game you'll never get it. With timed exclusive DLC and exclusive DLC you actively get punished for buying a game on a certain system, most of the time: your preferred system.