Who do you hope takes 2ed place

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Shielder7 (4329 posts) 1 month, 30 days ago

Who do you hope takes 2ed place (79 votes)

Xbox One 20%
Wii U 61%
Xbox one or Wii U will beat out PS 4 for first. 10%
9%

Assuming the PS 4 keeps it's lead (since there is no evidence to suggest otherwise) Who do you hope takes 2ed place this gen? Although it appeals to me to have Nintendo IPs come to Sony I don't think it would be good at all for the industry if Nintendo went the way of Sega.

I actually hope the Wii U does, although I've been hard on Nintendo in the past and think the Wiis motion controls were an abomination on gaming, they've since turned their back on the whole motion control thing (unlike Microsoft). Not to mention they do have a few nostalgic IPs I like and with the right innovation it could be good nostalgia and not the bad kind. The last time I think they showed any real innovation was with SMG 1.

I honestly wouldn't miss Microsofts IPs or feel bad for them in the least, not to mention if Nintendo turned themselves around a bit it might motivate some Sheep to come out from under hat rock they've been hiding under.

#1 Posted by millerlight89 (18330 posts) -

The PS4 will come in second. PC will more than likely win.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (41653 posts) -

I don't care. Sony deserve first place this gen, but as long as the other consoles provide good games, I couldn't care less what the sales are.

#3 Posted by Sweenix (5099 posts) -

I don't care. Sony deserve first place this gen, but as long as the other consoles provide good games, I couldn't care less what the sales are.

This, microsoft and nintendo needs to remain competitive, so they can keep sony on their feet. But they do deserve the victory.

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (41653 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@lundy86_4 said:

This, microsoft and nintendo needs to remain competitive, so they can keep sony on their feet. But they do deserve the victory.

I agree with that... Microsoft forced Sony to become competitive with PSN, and we got PSN+... Very nice :P

#5 Posted by inb4uall (4189 posts) -

Nintendo. Nintendo needs to be more with the times, but they don't need a punch in the face quite as badly as microsoft.

#6 Edited by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@lundy86_4 said:

I agree with that... Microsoft forced Sony to become competitive with PSN, and we got PSN+... Very nice :P

The flip side of that coin they also convinced them they could charge for online and people would pay it.

#7 Posted by jake44 (1696 posts) -

2ed?

#8 Posted by lundy86_4 (41653 posts) -

The flip side of that coin they also convinced them they could charge for online and people would pay it.

Pretty much. It seems many positive aspects have detractors.

#9 Posted by Pffrbt (5890 posts) -

"2ed" isn't a word.

#10 Edited by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@jake44 said:

2ed?

Yeah as in the 2nd guy to cross the finish, Silver or Gold if there is a Platinum rank,

#11 Edited by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -
@Pffrbt said:

"2ed" isn't a word.

Yeah the e should be an n

Also there shouldn't be a blank 4th choice don't know what happened there.

#12 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (2194 posts) -

The Wii U. It's a nice little console with some great games, unlike the Shitbone.

#13 Posted by Nengo_Flow (8781 posts) -

the DreamCast 2

#14 Edited by mariokart64fan (19330 posts) -

if the wiiu cant have first it damn well deserves second, why would any body pick up 2 consoles that do the same thing , is beyond me honestly your primary console should be either x1 or ps4 , , your 2ndary should be wiiu because it has more exclusives to offer,

#15 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (11050 posts) -

As much shit as I give nintendo, I'd really like to see them do well.

#16 Posted by Sweenix (5099 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Competition is always good, i mean. If we didn't have microsoft, online mutliplayer would have been years behind, although if we didn't have sony, the gaming market would be way too Americanized and we would have been stuck with an Always online cable machine... *shivers*

I really wish nintendo would make some innovations, i don't want to beat a dead horse, but they are falling far behind.

#17 Edited by Jankarcop (8015 posts) -

PC will be first, like the last 3 gens here at SW.

And "2ed"?, Shielder7 I know you're slow and all, but I didn't realize you were such a fucking idiot.

#18 Posted by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Competition is always good, i mean. If we didn't have microsoft, online mutliplayer would have been years behind,

It would also probably be free.

#19 Edited by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

And "2ed"?, Shielder7 I know you're slow and all, but I didn't realize you were such a fucking idiot.

Says the idiot that hijacks every thread just to go/ PC.....PC PC...........PC PC PC. Like some autistic kid with brain damage.

#20 Edited by Jankarcop (8015 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Says the idiot that hijacks every thread just to go/ PC.....PC PC...........PC PC PC. Like some autistic kid with brain damage.

You made a thread asking which system will be 2nd place, assuming PS4 was first.

But PC is currently first :| , so your thread is illogical.

Please try not to go full retard.

#21 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

PS4 with Steam Machines in first

#22 Edited by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -
@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

You made a thread asking which system will be 2nd place, assuming PS4 was first.

But PC is currently first :| , so your thread is illogical.

Please try not to go full retard.

Anyone who didn't already go full retard would of realized right off the bat I was referring to the console race .

I know it's hard to take that general PCs are getting raped by MACs and even Tablets/ipads now, but that's no reason to try and derail a thread that has nothing to do with PCs.

#23 Posted by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

If Steam Machines even make it to 3rd and last longer than a couple years I'll be amazed.

#24 Edited by lundy86_4 (41653 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Sweenix said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Competition is always good, i mean. If we didn't have microsoft, online mutliplayer would have been years behind, although if we didn't have sony, the gaming market would be way too Americanized and we would have been stuck with an Always online cable machine... *shivers*

I really wish nintendo would make some innovations, i don't want to beat a dead horse, but they are falling far behind.

It sucks that Nintendo aren't making headway. Hell, I don't care if they outright mimic MS/Sony without patent infringements... So long as they catch up, i'm good.

#25 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

If Steam Machines even make it to 3rd and last longer than a couple years I'll be amazed.

get ready to party.

I bet you also think Microsoft isnt going to sell the Xbox Division and that Virtual Reality will just be a gimmick as well.

#26 Posted by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

get ready to party.

I bet you also think Microsoft isnt going to sell the Xbox Division and that Virtual Reality will just be a gimmick as well.

I think it's unprobably Microsoft would sell the Xbox Division at this point and Virtual Reality has been a gimmick came back and went back again.

#27 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

get ready to party.

I think it's unprobably Microsoft would sell the Xbox Division at this point and Virtual Reality has been a gimmick came back and went back again.

I even predicted that!

lol..

I love it VR will fail because they tried in 1994 which was the same year DVDs hit the market which are now basically diying out.

#28 Posted by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

get ready to party.

I even predicted that!

lol..

I love it VR will fail because they tried in 1994 which was the same year DVDs hit the market which are now basically diying out.

k dude whatever I really don't care, I have no interest in VR for the same reason I have no interest in 3D except amplified 100X.

If it makes you feel any better if Steam Machine somehow makes it out of the starting gate without doing a face plant (unlikely ) I'll remake the thread and put Steam Machine as the 4th option/

Happy? Oh and dying only has one I.

#29 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

get ready to party.

I even predicted that!

lol..

k dude whatever I really don't care, I have no interest in VR for the same reason I have no interest in 3D except amplified 100X.

If it makes you feel any better if Steam Machine somehow makes it out of the starting gate without doing a face plant (unlikely ) I'll remake the thread and put Steam Machine as the 4th option/

Happy? Oh and dying only has one I.

1. ok so you dont like 3d games. That is fine but do you honestly think your preference for non-3d games represents most of the gaming market?

2. Valve has a pretty good success rate and knowing the details of what is going on in the gaming industry might help you understand how at min. Steam Machine will not be a fail

#30 Posted by StrongBlackVine (7799 posts) -

Wii U. Xbox sucks.

#31 Posted by -Damien- (4928 posts) -

Nintendo

Microsoft needs to be completely wiped off from the face of gaming industry. They're the absolute worst horse$h!t

#32 Posted by MonsieurX (26982 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

Nintendo

Microsoft needs to be completely wiped off from the face of gaming industry. They're the absolute worst horse$h!t

Not going to happen.

M$ can support with their other division,while Sony can't.

#33 Posted by Cheleman (7491 posts) -

nintendo, but they're still shit though...

microsoft can go to hell, and we all know pc gaming is dead so rofl

#34 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@-Damien- said:

Nintendo

Not going to happen.

M$ can support with their other division,while Sony can't.

so basically

1. the same investors/board members that managed to get Bill Balmer fired and got Gates to drop from board of directors are also the same ones who want the xbox and bing gone.

2. it actually makes a LOT of sense if you know Microsofts core.

3. what people dont know is that xbox has never been a major cash cow for Microsoft

#35 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (15952 posts) -

I hope PS4 takes second because like normal, PC will be taking first.

#36 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (15952 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

"2ed" isn't a word.

And that 4th blank option is what I voted on because it was the closest I was getting to my answer on your poll.

#37 Edited by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

1. ok so you dont like 3d games. That is fine but do you honestly think your preference for non-3d games represents most of the gaming market?

2. Valve has a pretty good success rate and knowing the details of what is going on in the gaming industry might help you understand how at min. Steam Machine will not be a fail

1. Considering everyone I know who has a 3Ds (myself included) turns the 3D off maybe. I really don't care if it is or isn't I don't like it and it gives me a headache, and I don't care enough to even bother checking if that's the general opinion.

2. Well the majority of the opinions I've read both critical and social haven't thought much of it, but we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

#38 Posted by I_can_haz (5708 posts) -

The Wii U. It's a nice little console with some great games, unlike the Shitbone.

#39 Posted by millerlight89 (18330 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

Lol Steam machines will do good to place and not fall flat within the first year or so.

#40 Edited by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
@Pffrbt said:

"2ed" isn't a word.

And that 4th blank option is what I voted on because it was the closest I was getting to my answer on your poll.

That's good to know. The 4th blank is actually meant for people who think all consoles will come out even and PC gaming will transcend to what you get on tablets and phones.

My thread my rules.

#41 Posted by Shielder7 (4329 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

Lol Steam machines will do good to place and not fall flat within the first year or so.

I give it 6 months.

#42 Edited by 4myAmuzumament (1336 posts) -

me. i am second. to no one...

#43 Posted by charizard1605 (52626 posts) -

Don't care as long as PS4 comes in first.

#44 Posted by Jag85 (3983 posts) -

I had no idea PC was a console.

#45 Edited by sukraj (20600 posts) -

PS4

#46 Edited by kitty (113964 posts) -

I always take 2nd place :( that said, it doesn't matter to me, sales are sales. I buy consoles to play games. :P The only sales that matter to me, are game sales, that can hurt the game in the long run.

#47 Posted by sts106mat (17935 posts) -

I dont care about that. i care about what games we'll be getting.

#48 Posted by sukraj (20600 posts) -

nice avavtar

#49 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (23658 posts) -

#MasterRace

#50 Posted by sts106mat (17935 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@sts106mat said:

nice avavtar

thanks, it makes cows mad. I genuinely really like Ryse, especially the character of Marius, the guy who did the mo-cap and voice acting did a superb job.