Who do you hope takes 2ed place

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) 10 months, 7 days ago

Poll: Who do you hope takes 2ed place (79 votes)

Xbox One 20%
Wii U 61%
Xbox one or Wii U will beat out PS 4 for first. 10%
9%

Assuming the PS 4 keeps it's lead (since there is no evidence to suggest otherwise) Who do you hope takes 2ed place this gen? Although it appeals to me to have Nintendo IPs come to Sony I don't think it would be good at all for the industry if Nintendo went the way of Sega.

I actually hope the Wii U does, although I've been hard on Nintendo in the past and think the Wiis motion controls were an abomination on gaming, they've since turned their back on the whole motion control thing (unlike Microsoft). Not to mention they do have a few nostalgic IPs I like and with the right innovation it could be good nostalgia and not the bad kind. The last time I think they showed any real innovation was with SMG 1.

I honestly wouldn't miss Microsofts IPs or feel bad for them in the least, not to mention if Nintendo turned themselves around a bit it might motivate some Sheep to come out from under hat rock they've been hiding under.

#51 Posted by Suppaman100 (3947 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC will be first, like the last 3 gens here at SW.

And "2ed"?, Shielder7 I know you're slow and all, but I didn't realize you were such a fucking idiot.

Says the idiot that hijacks every thread just to go/ PC.....PC PC...........PC PC PC. Like some autistic kid with brain damage.

Indeed, he's probably butthurt that he missed the best games of the last gens, since they were on consoles.

Also were's you PC GOTY Jankarcop? LMFAOOOOOOOOOO! Have fun with your indies though

#52 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@sukraj said:

@sts106mat said:

I dont care about that. i care about what games we'll be getting.

nice avavtar

thanks, it makes cows mad. I genuinely really like Ryse, especially the character of Marius, the guy who did the mo-cap and voice acting did a superb job.

I hear ya I also have the game for my xbox one and I love it too, love the graphics and the animations.

#53 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@sukraj: have you finished it yet? i've been through two times, once on legendary. I finished up collecting the vistas and scrolls last night. considering this game gets bashed for being "linear and corridor" I am having a hell of time trying to find the chronicles. I've started using the smartglass companion on the ipad, it runs along side the game with you and has videos showing you where the collectibles are as you approach them in the game...pretty cool.

#54 Edited by beerm_basic (2488 posts) -

This gen in term of winning in sales it looks like sony 1st... Then x1 2nd and wiiu a distant 3rd.

X1 will sell an respectable amount even thou 2nd however.

As for ninty i love nintendo games but this gen hopefully will be a catalyst to alot of lessons learned and better consoles in future. They are behind the times with online and wat people really want from a console

#55 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@sukraj: have you finished it yet? i've been through two times, once on legendary. I finished up collecting the vistas and scrolls last night. considering this game gets bashed for being "linear and corridor" I am having a hell of time trying to find the chronicles. I've started using the smartglass companion on the ipad, it runs along side the game with you and has videos showing you where the collectibles are as you approach them in the game...pretty cool.

No bro I've just started playing it a few days ago on Recruit and you're right it is linear but so far I'm enjoying it mate better than most games I have played I might use the smartglass feature for my Ipod.

What other games are u playing on your Xbox One?

#56 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2806 posts) -

Ps4 is going to dominate the console race. As for second place it would take God to get Nintendo back on track. Ms is going to win 2nd place by default because Nintendo is so awful this gen.

The real winner every gen is pc.

#57 Edited by blamix99 (2067 posts) -

we can't tell yet which one of X1 or WiiU will win yet, they're both selling slow

#58 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

I don't care. Sony deserve first place this gen, but as long as the other consoles provide good games, I couldn't care less what the sales are.

Pretty much my thinking too. And all 3 will provide sweet games this gen, so all should be good with the World.

#59 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@sts106mat said:

No bro I've just started playing it a few days ago on Recruit and you're right it is linear but so far I'm enjoying it mate better than most games I have played I might use the smartglass feature for my Ipod.

What other games are u playing on your Xbox One?

I think the companion is limited to ipad only, it uses full screen and would be too small for ipad.

This week i have been mostly playing the titanfall beta, Ryse and the lego movie game which if you haven't been to see it yet is fookin phenomenal. i just had to play the game after watching the movie.

#60 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

1. ok so you dont like 3d games. That is fine but do you honestly think your preference for non-3d games represents most of the gaming market?

2. Valve has a pretty good success rate and knowing the details of what is going on in the gaming industry might help you understand how at min. Steam Machine will not be a fail

1. Considering everyone I know who has a 3Ds (myself included) turns the 3D off maybe. I really don't care if it is or isn't I don't like it and it gives me a headache, and I don't care enough to even bother checking if that's the general opinion.

2. Well the majority of the opinions I've read both critical and social haven't thought much of it, but we'll just have to wait and see won't we.

It took me awhile to understand what you are talking about. I thought you were talking about 3D instead of 2D. You are talking about 3D glasses or monitors. My bad.

So yeah..VR is VERY different from 3d monitors...very different

#61 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151504 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

the DreamCast 2

If only.......

Anyway Nintendo.....

#62 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3804 posts) -

X1 will likely take "2nd" place. However... I think all three consoles are nailing it this gen, and I hope they all meet great success. Great games, and decent hardware (by that I mean it is far more responsive with less latency than last gen.).

#63 Posted by pelvist (4873 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

The PS4 will come in second. PC will more than likely win.

This. I would love to see Nintendo in second place though its unlikely to happen.

#64 Posted by Jankarcop (9636 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

And "2ed"?, Shielder7 I know you're slow and all, but I didn't realize you were such a fucking idiot.

Says the idiot that hijacks every thread just to go/ PC.....PC PC...........PC PC PC. Like some autistic kid with brain damage.

trollolololol

No. I'm just saying you can't make a ranking thread and not include the system that ACTUALLY IS first place this gen, and was first place the last 2 gens (factually).

It's disengenous, and you'd have to make a disclaimer saying 'CONSOLE ONLY' for it to make sense in system wars.

#65 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5155 posts) -

Imagine being so desperate for games you have to pretend to like Ryse.

#66 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I want them all to succeed. Only an idiot wouldn't. We need Nintendo to keep doing their thing and Sony and Microsoft needs each other. Because I would not trust either company if they had no competition. Sony's PS3 launch price and little software for the first year? Microsoft dropping first party support cause they had the USA and Great Britian in the bank.......

And even these launches....Microsoft having to do the 180 and launch a system that wasnt ready. Sony again has a shitty first year of exclusives lined up and the PS4 feels cheap.

#67 Posted by Heil68 (45245 posts) -

I'm guessing Xbone will get it with PS4 first and WiiU dead last,

#68 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

@sts106mat: No one really cares.... I thought I'd be the one to tell you

#69 Posted by KBFloYd (13846 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

you are guessing? this thread says...who do you "prefer" to to get 2nd?

now man up and say you want xbox to be 2nd and go against the poll.

#70 Posted by silversix_ (14810 posts) -

Vita.

#71 Edited by Heil68 (45245 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

you are guessing? this thread says...who do you "prefer" to to get 2nd?

now man up and say you want xbox to be 2nd and go against the poll.

I prefer the Xbone to get it, because I prefer their games and appreciate the actual console.

#72 Posted by Alcapello (955 posts) -

Wii U because I like mario.

#73 Edited by cainetao11 (17773 posts) -

@lundy86_4: amazing how many cows don't understand that. Without MS bringing Sony back to earth along with Nintendo, last gen, where would they be ? PS4, $700-800? Nobody knows because of the healthy competition provided.

#74 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

trollolololol

No. I'm just saying you can't make a ranking thread and not include the system that ACTUALLY IS first place this gen, and was first place the last 2 gens (factually).

It's disengenous, and you'd have to make a disclaimer saying 'CONSOLE ONLY' for it to make sense in system wars.

No you're an idiot, what is the PC supposed to be the best in in regards to this thread? Console placement is based solely on instal basis i.e. sales. Anyone with a half a brain would realize the idiocy of trying to place PCs in category since the majority of PCs aren't used for gaming, in fact if we were to add PCs they'd probably lose out to iphones and or tablets.

For instance the Wii won last Gen period. Did it have the most or best games? No in that regards it was probably dead last, but it still won. Regardless of the fact I reject your premise that the PC is number 1 in anything but RTS, DRM BS and shitty broken indies this thread has nothing to do with PCs deal with it.

So either you're trolling and butt hurt that you missed the best games lat gen like Suppaman100 said or you're a complete imbecile that can't grasp a simple concept.

Oh and you spelled disingenuous wrong. Word to the wise if you're going to criticize someones spelling at least make sure yours is perfect in the thread you criticized it in.

#75 Edited by Jankarcop (9636 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

trollolololol

No you're an idiot, what is the PC supposed to be the best in in regards to this thread? Console placement is based solely on instal basis i.e. sales.

You're posting at the wrong site then, over here we use high quality games count whenever making a rankings thread......system sales are worth shit.

You're upset that PC always wins, I'm guessing.

#76 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

trollolololol

No you're an idiot, what is the PC supposed to be the best in in regards to this thread? Console placement is based solely on instal basis i.e. sales.

You're posting at the wrong site then, over here we use high quality games count whenever making a rankings thread......system sales are worth shit.

Actually, and this isn't A guess, No one gives A fuck what you think. Your act is tired. Everyone here has A fucking PC. If we really cared that much about graphics we would just play shit on PC . But most gamers want to play todays best games and not shit from 20 years ago. I know you are to ignorant to understand this but maybe your mother will see this and explain it.

#77 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

Every business in the entire world would disagree with you. Like I said the Wii won last Gen, I hated that thing and IMO had nothing but shit games, however it was the clear winner by a landslid even I have to admit that.

PCs aren't consoles no matter what way you spin it (hence the classical debate PC vs Consoles) and this is a console only debate. Only a complete moron or troll would try to argue otherwise, I'll just assume you're both.

#78 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

trollolololol

Actually, and this isn't A guess, No one gives A fuck what you think. Your act is tired. Everyone here has A fucking PC. If we really cared that much about graphics we would just play shit on PC . But most gamers want to play todays best games and not shit from 20 years ago. I know you are to ignorant to understand this but maybe your mother will see this and explain it.

I doubt she could. To quote Mr. Lahey "The shit apple don't fall far from the shit tree."

#79 Posted by AzatiS (7656 posts) -

Who cares? Only first place matters

#80 Edited by AzatiS (7656 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@sukraj said:

@sts106mat said:

I dont care about that. i care about what games we'll be getting.

nice avavtar

thanks, it makes cows mad. I genuinely really like Ryse, especially the character of Marius, the guy who did the mo-cap and voice acting did a superb job.

Ryse , 6 metacritic ... please explain how on earth a cow can be mad about Ryse !!! 6 !! I repeat ... 6!!! Haha!! Lems , is that all you got to be proud about ?!! A 6 game with nice visuals ?!! Daaaamn!!

#81 Posted by Shewgenja (9637 posts) -

I kinda hope the WiiU makes a comeback somehow.

#82 Edited by Jankarcop (9636 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

1. This is systemwars. When we rank systems we use high scoring games counts. Ever since SW started. Rules are rules.

2. Most gamers today do want to play the best games. Which is why PC is first place this gen and last gen with the most great+ (aaa-aa) games and exclusive total.

3. It's up to the Author of this thread to clarify he's talking about sales, since SW uses high scoring games as its main measurement. I'm going off the default position until he fixes that.

4. LOL Ryse 4.5

(See, I did that without cursing at you or insulting you...Maybe you can do the same?)

#83 Edited by Jankarcop (9636 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Every business in the entire world would disagree with you. Like I said the Wii won last Gen,

Not going by SW.

This forum uses high scoring games count. Sorry dude, you dont make the rules. Keep crying.

Either edit your title or your OP to make it clear you are talking about sales, until you do I can discuss how you are wrong on Wii/PS4 being first.

#84 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Every business in the entire world would disagree with you. Like I said the Wii won last Gen,

Not going by SW.

This forum uses high scoring games count. Sorry dude, you dont make the rules. Keep crying.

Either edit your title or your OP to make it clear you are talking about sales, until you do I can discuss how you are wrong on Wii/PS4 being first.

Says who you? GTFO go troll another thread that has nothing to do with PCs for awhile.

#85 Edited by FinalFighters (1548 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The Wii U. It's a nice little console with some great games, unlike the Shitbone.

#86 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -
@Jankarcop said:

1. This is systemwars. When we rank systems we use high scoring games counts. Ever since SW started. Rules are rules.

2. Most gamers today do want to play the best games. Which is why PC is first place this gen and last gen with the most great+ (aaa-aa) games and exclusive total.

3. It's up to the Author of this thread to clarify he's talking about sales, since SW uses high scoring games as its main measurement. I'm going off the default position until he fixes that.

1. Where are these list of rules you keep referring to? Show me the mode made rule that states System ranking is based solely on high scoring game counts.

2. In that case they should get a Console since the best of the best i.e. GOTY games are all on Consoles.

3. If you're too dumb to figure out the painfully obvious on your own, that's on you.

#87 Posted by Jankarcop (9636 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
@Jankarcop said:

1. Where are these list of rules you keep referring to? Show me the mode made rule that states System ranking is based solely on high scoring game counts.

2. In that case they should get a Console since the best of the best i.e. GOTY games are all on Consoles.

3. If you're too dumb to figure out the painfully obvious on your own, that's on you.

1. We use scores here, so you can't get mad and cry like you're doing in this thread when someone thinks scores rankings. Make it clear you are talking about something pointless as sales.

2. PC won last gen with the most high rated games (by far). Its winning this one with more than all consoles combined - which is a substantial feat. Lying won't save you on this one, its recorded numbers. Skyrim, Gears, mario, zelda best on PC btw. (dem' gotys)

So, either change your title or stop whining.

#88 Edited by Couth_ (10182 posts) -

Definitely Nintendo deserves it. This fucking megatonne console so powerful with a innovative controller, seamless and revolutionary online experience.. And the games omfg can't keep up with all the AAA games they keep releasing. Between the games and multimedia features I never turn my wii u off

#89 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:
@Jankarcop said:

1. We use scores here, so you can't get mad and cry like you're doing in this thread when someone thinks scores rankings. Make it clear you are talking about something pointless as sales.

2. PC won last gen with the most high rated games (by far). Its winning this one with more than all consoles combined - which is a substantial feat. Lying won't save you on this one, its recorded numbers. Skyrim, Gears, mario, zelda best on PC btw. (dem' gotys)

So, either change your title or stop whining.

1. So in other words you're just pulling these rules out of your ass to suite your argument and are completely full of BS? Gotcha.

2. Actually I think Consoles are the ones that took away all the awards last Gen. Skyrim, Gears are multiplats and Mario and Zelda are only for Nintendo consoles unless you pirated them which means you're a thief as well as a dick. But even than it boils down to an opinion so you saying they're the best is completely subjective.

I'm not changing anything stop purposely being stupid. Unless of course you actually do have a mental disability or disorder in that case I'm sorry.

#90 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

PS4 1st followed closely by Xbox One and Wii U way behind... in terms of well, everything.
If we count PC then it wins by default.
Its vital to have a healthy strong competition for new games and new engines.
Casuals, gamers and developers have turned their backs on the Wii U for good reason (Weak hardware, poor online, less content, lack of third party etc) unless you like Nintendo stuff and same old.

Truth be told, PS3 and 360 are still in it, even though a gen old. And most casuals gone onto iOS and Android products.

#91 Posted by stuff238 (722 posts) -

Neither. Microsoft is trying to create a DRM monopoly while Nintendo is constantly 10+ years behind hardware and software wise. They both equally suck. I can't choose.

#92 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25773 posts) -

I really don't care but I suppose Microsoft will.

#93 Posted by aroxx_ab (10127 posts) -

Ps4 and PC is all i really need, i own WiiU to but no games to play on that thing:P

#94 Edited by Jankarcop (9636 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

Opinion noted. But PC actually won the last 2 gens. Just like this one. factually speaking.

The poll opinion should be edited to include PC. Thas all i'm sayin'.

#95 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

The PS4 will come in second. PC will more than likely win.

PC isn't in the console wars race. lol!! Don't really care about hardware race. Just give me some quality games. I'll let Sony, M$ and Nintendo worry about their sales, profits and losses.

#96 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@-Damien- said:

Nintendo

Microsoft needs to be completely wiped off from the face of gaming industry. They're the absolute worst horse$h!t

Not going to happen.

M$ can support with their other division,while Sony can't.

Sony is selling HQ buildings, Stocks and even their PC/Laptop division just so they can make more PS4's and 1st party games. Microsoft doesn't have to do that because most of their other divisions are making them billions every year. I doubt M$ will sell their XBox Division, especially after the XBox 360 has been so profitable. I think they priced the XB1 to high. They should have had a 2nd SKU without Kinect.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marksparrow/2014/02/09/sony-spins-off-tv-business-in-bid-to-reconquer-market/

#97 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

of course Wii U, at least there's a reason to own one, the console is like the alternative option and can work perfectly as a secondary machine. While xb1... I mean really there's no point. Obviously PS4 being the better option I don't really see a reason to own one. Okay okay I know, maybe like 2 actually "good exclusives" but that's it, I'm not paying 500 bucks just for the 2 good exclusives I can't get on PS4.

So Wii U > Xb1

#98 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:

Opinion noted. But PC actually won the last 2 gens. Just like this one. factually speaking.

The poll opinion should be edited to include PC. Thas all i'm sayin'.

PC hasn't won GOTY since forever. This is a console only discussion, you can't include PCs because console ranking is based on units sold. I've been around here since 2006 and it's always been that way. In fact I remember Sheep throwing that in our faces all last Gen.

#99 Posted by Jankarcop (9636 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

PC hasn't won GOTY since forever.

6 Goty's of last gen were on PC. Also, it did win the last 2 gens.

#100 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Shielder7 said:
@Pffrbt said:

"2ed" isn't a word.

Yeah the e should be an n

Also there shouldn't be a blank 4th choice don't know what happened there.

And that 4th blank option is what I voted on because it was the closest I was getting to my answer on your poll.

That's good to know. The 4th blank is actually meant for people who think all consoles will come out even and PC gaming will transcend to what you get on tablets and phones.

My thread my rules.

Sorry kid, life's rules. what you think about life's rules is irrelevant.