Which of these games has best chance of a 10/10 from GS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

It won't be a PC game - GS is way too consolized to properly review a PC game.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I say Skyrim.
hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
I think you'll need some tremendous history/ hype behind a game to get a perfect 10 in gamespot. Just look at GTA4, MGS4 and MG2 for example. On top of that I don't think we ever had a 10/10 shooters before, that is most probably due to the many similar games that are already on the market. RAGE - does nothing new, so no Gears - no BF - too many similar products Uncharted - does nothing new Deus Ex - this one can go either way, but it needs a higher production value before it can touch the best of best Skyrim - does nothing new Skyward Sword - maybe Diablo - i wish it'd flop, in all seriousness, this is probably the least evolved franchise in the last 12 years or so GW2 - if it has a bigger production value maybe it can do it.
TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
In all honesty, the only game that's doing anything remotely worthy of getting a 10 at this point seems to be Bioshock Infinite, and even then I'd be surprised. You could just list a bunch of games that you're excited for and everyone else is excited for that you want to get a 10, but chances are none of them are doing anything that's really worthy of getting that kind of score.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

Diablo - i wish it'd flop, in all seriousness, this is probably the least evolved franchise in the last 12 years or sohoplayletsplay

I'm sort of playing devil's advocate because I'm not that into Diablo, but I don't really think you can say that without playing it, they've changed quite a bit for the third one.

markko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 markko84
Member since 2011 • 212 Posts

I'm afraid i'll stop resisting the urge to buy an a xbox360..

I just can't stay excluded from Forza 4 experience.

hoplayletsplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 hoplayletsplay
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts

[QUOTE="hoplayletsplay"]Diablo - i wish it'd flop, in all seriousness, this is probably the least evolved franchise in the last 12 years or so110million

I'm sort of playing devil's advocate because I'm not that into Diablo, but I don't really think you can say that without playing it, they've changed quite a bit for the third one.

I loved WoW when it was first released because it pushed the boundary of MMO games to a new height, but the same cannot be said for D3. Granted, it has many improvement over the D2 but it lacked the omg factor where the players will be surprised by totally new experience. D3 is not the game that will give me that new experience.

And don't get me started on that auction house crap. If anything this is the game that will ruin the many others. On top of that, why should I have a constant connection to B-net just to play D3? I know it's not Blizzard's fault that I have multiple internet dropouts within a day but everything Blizzard has done so far is nothing more than to take away the "freedom" that pc gamers have always treasured.

Now everything I've said is outside of the actual game, as for the game itself, yes, it'd be fun, but soon you'll realize it's just the same game we've play 10 years ago with a not so pretty, new coat of paint on it.

Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
Most are gonna flop. Some might not even get AAA and I'll get my popcorn ready because I'm not really interested in any except Skyward Sword (and the chances of that flopping are waaaay high).
Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
All of them are gonna get 10's. One might even be so good it'll solve world hunger and get an 11!
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#160 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts
Rage: 9.0 Forza 4: 7.5 Gears 3: 8.5 Battlefield 3: 8.5 Uncharted 3: 9.0 Deus Ex 3: 8.5 Diablo 3: 8.5 Skyrim: 9.5 Skyward Sword: 9.0 Dark Souls: 8.0 Guild Wars 2: ??? (i don't know what that is tbh :P) Where is R3 btw?
fachriunited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 fachriunited
Member since 2010 • 110 Posts

Skyrim IMO,

Uncharted 3 = 9.5

FM4 = 9.0

BF3 = 9.0

Deux Ex = 8.5

Rage = 9.0

Skyward =9.0

Gears 3 = 9.0

Dark Soul =9.0

Diablo 3 = 9.5

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Nah Modern Warfare 3 will.

BluesKing527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 BluesKing527
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts
I'm having trouble deciding between Diablo 3 and Skyrim because both of those games look really good. If I had to choose a flop I would probably lean on dark souls. I dont know just not really feeling that game.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
None... But if I had to choose one would be Deus Ex
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#165 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Only Skyrim. I mean, consider that no less of a reviewer than Greg Kasavin gave Oblivion 9.5. Elder Scrolls games are like Oscar bait.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Forza 4 actually looks so boss.

Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

[QUOTE="110million"]

[QUOTE="hoplayletsplay"]Diablo - i wish it'd flop, in all seriousness, this is probably the least evolved franchise in the last 12 years or sohoplayletsplay

I loved WoW when it was first released because it pushed the boundary of MMO games to a new height, but the same cannot be said for D3. Granted, it has many improvement over the D2 but it lacked the omg factor where the players will be surprised by totally new experience. D3 is not the game that will give me that new experience.

And don't get me started on that auction house crap. If anything this is the game that will ruin the many others. On top of that, why should I have a constant connection to B-net just to play D3? I know it's not Blizzard's fault that I have multiple internet dropouts within a day but everything Blizzard has done so far is nothing more than to take away the "freedom" that pc gamers have always treasured.

Now everything I've said is outside of the actual game, as for the game itself, yes, it'd be fun, but soon you'll realize it's just the same game we've play 10 years ago with a not so pretty, new coat of paint on it.

Wrong. Diablo 3 is the most evolved among the games in the list. The new skill runes system is huge change. Also, Skyward Sword is the least innovative, as always.

Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

[QUOTE="110million"]

[QUOTE="hoplayletsplay"]Diablo - i wish it'd flop, in all seriousness, this is probably the least evolved franchise in the last 12 years or sohoplayletsplay

And Skyrim is less evolved from Oblivion than Diablo 3 is from Diablo 2.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

[QUOTE="hoplayletsplay"]

[QUOTE="110million"]

Ravenchrome

Wrong. Diablo 3 is the most evolved among the games in the list. The new skill runes system is huge change. Also, Skyward Sword is the least innovative, as always.

I don't think any of that is a fair call until people have actually played the game :P

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#170 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
I don't think any of them will get a 10/10.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#171 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9898 Posts
Arkham City will get a 10 but none of those. AC is focused on gameplay and delivering a detailed dense gameworld. Will be very refreshing after years of open world games focusing on quantity. And the reviewers will love it :D!
starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#172 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Skyward Sword or Diablo 3.

Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Laharl5
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

I hope Batman:Arkham City and Bioshock:Infinite will get a 10.

Skyrim will be a flopage.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#174 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Those who think Gears 3 will get 9.5 are pushing it IMO.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Those who think Gears 3 will get 9.5 are pushing it IMO.

jhcho2

I know what ya mean since sure, it has as good a shot at a 10 as any other game listed but a 9.5 is just a safer bet for now - right ? :twisted:

Seriously, it's the third in the trilogy and was given extra time in dev'ing plus Epic me thinks has put a bunch of extra effort in this one so I say AAA and perhaps a 9.5 at that but wouldn't be all too :shock: if Gears 3 took home the 10 and neither should you.

Just sayin. :P

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

[QUOTE="110million"]

Can I bring up the irony about complaining about always-on connection because your internet is not stable, but playing an MMO?

The auction house is a good move when you sit and think about it, its like legalizing pot and selling it through legitimate distributors, eBay STILL has Diablo 2 auctions, and people will sell items or characters for money, and that account may even be disabled after the money has gone through, since it isn't allowed.

I don't see myself using it, but imagine if someone works all day, and comes home to play for an hour or two, while some kid in highschool plays 6 or 7 hours a day and gets lots of rare items, the guy who worked would have the money, and he could match the experiance, trading real money for rare items obtained with a lot of playtime.

The skill trees have been released and there are a lot of fun sounding skills, the classes they've made seem to be som good hybrids of old ones with some new elements as well.

BenGenio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#177 BenGenio
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts

BioShock Infinite.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="hoplayletsplay"]

[QUOTE="110million"]

110million

Can I bring up the irony about complaining about always-on connection because your internet is not stable, but playing an MMO?

The auction house is a good move when you sit and think about it, its like legalizing pot and selling it through legitimate distributors, eBay STILL has Diablo 2 auctions, and people will sell items or characters for money, and that account may even be disabled after the money has gone through, since it isn't allowed.

I don't see myself using it, but imagine if someone works all day, and comes home to play for an hour or two, while some kid in highschool plays 6 or 7 hours a day and gets lots of rare items, the guy who worked would have the money, and he could match the experiance, trading real money for rare items obtained with a lot of playtime.

The skill trees have been released and there are a lot of fun sounding skills, the classes they've made seem to be som good hybrids of old ones with some new elements as well.

Hmm, I actually think that makes some sense and am not as bothered by the A.H. :o but even though I work all day, me myself will not use such a service but cool for others I guess. :)

Umm, I'd just appreciate if some D3 players here who obtain lots of slick rares would just offer to help me out from time to time. :P

Avatar image for MCMXCV-Daedalus
MCMXCV-Daedalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#179 MCMXCV-Daedalus
Member since 2011 • 187 Posts

Skyrim may get it.

Uncharted 3 = 9.o

FM4 = 9.5

BF3 = 9.0

Deux Ex = 8.0

Rage = 8.5

Skyward =9.5

Gears 3 = 8.5

Dark Soul =9.0

Diablo 3 = No idea.

Laharl5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Laharl5
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts

Skyrim will suck. Bioshock Infinite will score a 11/10.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 SecretPolice

Figure I'll update this as the flopzers roll in :P

Deus Ex @ 8.5 is outta here - next ?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#182 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
I think Diablo 3 Zelda skyward sword and maybe Guild wars 2 are near to 10. Also dont forget Last Guardian. Maybe
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#183 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

To score a perfect ten all aspects of the game must flawlessly executed... oh sorry, it's PRIME 10now, how standards change :P

Still, I can't see any of the games listed scoring a 10

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Skyrim or Battlfield 3

GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

Skyward Sword I belive has a chance...really all of those games have a chance.

nadersalem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 nadersalem
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
Uncharted 3
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 SecretPolice

Gears 3 got close with the 9.5 but no cigar. ( GS must be saving that 10 for FM4 ) :o :P

Is your dog still in the fight or were you of those that picked Gears 3, R3, or Deus Ex ?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Pretty much all of those games will get a 9.5. A couple will get 9.0.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#189 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
Skyward Sword is the only game there that has a chance of getting a 10
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

MODERN WARFARE 3

Yeah I went there :o

I thought Deus Ex: HR or Gears of War 3 should have gotten a 10.
But I do think the 360 deserves a 10 somewhere.. and that may be given to Forza 4 now.

BF3 has my vote... 64 player battles with jets, helicopters, tanks, buggys and loads of weapons. Why not.

Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Elitro
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts

Maybe uncharted.

Just because there seems to be alot of fanboyism from review sites towards that game.

dah_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 dah_master
Member since 2009 • 643 Posts

Most prolly Skyrim and/or Battlefield 3 since these are the games that will revolutionize gaming.

Rage also and maybe UC3

Avatar image for FranchiseBoi101
FranchiseBoi101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 FranchiseBoi101
Member since 2009 • 141 Posts

Forza 4, Skyward Sword and maybe Super Mario 3D Land.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and Diablo 3 will most certainly get a 9-9.5 , but not a 10 i don't think so. Skyward Sword could get a 10, maybe...but at the same time i think it's the most likely one to flop. the motion controls can be very hit or miss even if it works perfectly.
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Considering GS's history of 10s, I'd say most of those games OP listed are too good to get 10s.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 SecretPolice

Considering GS's history of 10s, I'd say most of those games OP listed are too good to get 10s.

xLittlekillx

I chuckled and +10 for originality. :P

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#198 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Zelda is a series that always has the potential to score high, but I think Nintendo is mired in some bad game making philosophy at the moment. For Zelda, I have a real problem with Aonuma's direction, going from the incredibly dark and satisfying Majora to progressively easier games in WW, PH, and ST: opting for style over substance (and not great style either). Even Twilight Princess had the potential to be the most amazing game of its time. When I think back to that game it really was incredible in ways, but just held back by some puzzling choices in gameplay.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Uncharted 3 or Battlefield 3.USBxDVD
Couldn't agree more :)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#200 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
*sees deus ex* *runs for OP's posting date* >_______________________________> BF3, diablo, skyward sword, guild wars 2. those are the ones i think have a relatively high chance of scoring a 10. skyrim and dark souls, maybe. and uncharted just because of how overrated it is.