Which is more competitive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZeldaFan091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZeldaFan091
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
Super Smash Brothers Melee or Halo 2. And which game do you believe will be more competitive, Super Smash Brothers Brawl or Halo 3. I believe that SSBM was more competitive than Halo 2 and I think the new Smash Brothers will be more competitive that Halo 3 because of the online. What are your thoughts.
pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 pyoob
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts

You'v obviously never played a game of rumble pit in Halo 2, or for that matter, Halo 3 Beta.

ZeldaFan091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZeldaFan091
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
I've played both and I play the Beta at my friends house but I still think SSB will be a little more competitive.
pyoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 pyoob
Member since 2005 • 443 Posts

Tell me, are you good at Halo? Because that is the deciding factor when hoping for a game to be competitive.

Alls I know is that you can't have a LAN party with all of your buddies playing SSBB.

Logic_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Logic_101
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
One game can't be more or less competitive then the other. It's solely based on the PEOPLE playing the game, hence why the world championship of rock, paper, scissors and other rather ridiculous tournaments exist. But for the sake of this thread I'd go with Halo.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
Professional SSBM is really boring - take a look at the advanced play moves on YouTube. The tournaments are the same four or five characters, and basically they play chicken for a few seconds, and then wham - it's over in a flash thanks to exploiting the movement system for killer combos...

Of course, professional Halo is also absolutely insane, but there's a little more depth to be explored there, and more variations on the matches that can be played.

They're *very different* tournament communities though, it's kind of comparing apples to grapefruit - the fighting scene and the FPS scene aren't directly comparable.
mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts
Halo. It's going to sell a crapload which means there's going to be a lot of competitive jerks, and assh0les in general!
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Both are very competitive. I mean who likes to lose. No body goes into either game and says "gee golly gee guys lets just have fun" No its about beating the other person in a dominating way or just win period. Plain and simple. I dont think one is more competitive than the other. I will say there is alot more to do with Halos multiplayer versus smash bros.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts

Super Smash Bros Melee as a competitive game requires you to mindgame, react and chain. Halo 2 as a competitive game requires you to aim & run as well as memorizing the map and item placement. Some will say that it's harder to compete with one person in a fighting game than a team in a FPS. The luck factor is lessen in a fighting game due to the lack of available movement and weapons. In an FPS, you can get away with running, blind gunning, hiding as well as camping since their success is based on luck. However, it can be said that in a FPS, it's more difficult to coordinate as a team than deal with one person in a fighting game.

Conclusion? Both are competitive. What you get from either games depends on what you are looking for.