which is better? PS4, Xbox one, or Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Poll which is better? PS4, Xbox one, or Wii U? (26 votes)

PS4 54%
Xbox one 15%
Wii U 31%

all of three of these systems have their ups and downs. let's start with Xbox one. Xbox one looks like and is a great system. the graphics are good and the exclusives are awesome. sunset overdrive being one of them. but system has its ups and downs like i said before. a person reported having their Xbox one overheat in 2 hours. nobody wants a game system where you can only play 30 mins at a time. another problem is the complications of buying it online. i was at gamestop once and some guy pre-ordered an Xbox one but he was faced with a hard decision: pay an extra $200 or leave without the Xbox. i didn't know how that story ended.

now the wii u is a great and cheap (cheap for a next-gen system) system. the games that they presented at E3 this year where awesome. hyrule warriors great game and dont even get me started on how awesome super smash bros. is. downside is that the wii u is one of those questionable systems. it a system where "if i get this system will i regret it and should of gotten a PS4 or Xbox one instead?". see, the original wii was a system just like that. i got the wii and regretted it and told myself i should have gotten an X360. but something tells me that the wii u won't be like that. but i know for sure it wont beat X1 or PS4 like the wii did to 360 and PS3.

i've saved the best for last: The PLAYSTATION 4. i do not know where to begin with this system. the graphics, no man's sky, the white PS4 bundle? i dont know. now i'm gonna jump straight into the downside. the X1 has better exclusives for the PS4..........for now. another downsider is that i'm worried that its going to be discontinued right when the PS5 comes out. the PS3 is going to be discontinued after next year which is too soon. where the X360 isn't gonna be discontinued for at LEAST the next 3 years. but other than those, its the best 8th generation console yet.

so which will you choose from these 3 great systems?

• 
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

...another downsider is that [PS4] i'm worried that its going to be discontinued right when the PS5 comes out. the PS3 is going to be discontinued after next year which is too soon. where the X360 isn't gonna be discontinued for at LEAST the next 3 years. but other than those, its the best 8th generation console yet.

Good one, lol. Did you pay attention at ALL to the last few years of the 360's and PS3s 1st Party retail game and 3rd Party game output? I couldn't help but notice it as I've owned all the last gen consoles since their launches and noticed a huge drop off of 1st party content from the Wii then the 360 and then the PS3. I noticed because I buy a lot of these games personally. Somehow you twisted all your facts around.

In fact, many fanboys and critics in SW were complaining Sony made a mistake supporting the PS3 recently (from Sony's GT6 to Sony's Puppeteer to Sony's The Last of Us, etc) as the PS4 has less exclusive games as Sony kept on pouring support into the PS3 as they did the PS2 and PSOne (although it should be noted the PS4 actually has more games than the Xbone). The 360 on the other hand has suffered a massive drought of exclusive 1st party retail games for a long time now, but that was deliberate to help the Xbone. We saw the same thing happen with the Xbox > 360. In contrast, M$ shifted 1st party retail support from their 360 to Xbone.

As I said, good one. Which one is it? Sony made a mistake and shouldn't support their last gen systems so long (and thereby copy the competition's approach) or Sony are killing their machines first and discontinuing them first?

Did you pay attention the the Wii and 360 1st party support at all the last few years? Did you bother to look at the past track records of various consoles from the N64 vs. PSOne vs. Saturn or the PS2 vs. Gamecube vs. Dreamcast vs. Xbox or the current 1st party releases and exclusives for the Wii, 360, and PS3?

---

Anyways, I would say the Wii U is the best machine out currently, but the gap is closing. If I loved Mario Kart, maybe I would feel differently, but I'm not much of a racer guy. I'm getting SSB late this year though.

To be even more honest, I'm playing my PC and PS3 the most as of late, with the Xbox 360 getting more playtime than the Xbone. Last Gen > Current Gen as of right now. The very best titles have been releasing at the tale end of a console for every generation since I can remember. I was playing Genesis and especially SNES when the Saturn/PSOne were launching. I was playing PS1/N64 when the Dreamcast and later PS2 launched. I was playing a lot of PS2/GC/Xbox when the 360 and later Wii/PS3 launched. Sony's God of War 2 released in 2007 for PS2!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

we do this again ?

is it XposBone fail every poll so we keep trying ?

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@SolidTy: see unlike you, i'm not obsessed with video games. and ,i'm just putting what i think, out there. but then you have the creepy obsessed people like you who take video games seriously like come on there just video games not politics. and no i don't go and research every gaming system known to mankind.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SolidTy

@watchdogsrules said:

@SolidTy: see unlike you, i'm not obsessed with video games. and ,i'm just putting what i think, out there. but then you have the creepy obsessed people like you who take video games seriously like come on there just video games not politics. and no i don't go and research every gaming system known to mankind.

Oh, that's easy. Don't lie and make up bull-crap and I you won't have any problems with users. It doesn't have to be about games, it can be sports, movies, music, books, art, science, etc. If you make stuff up in a forum dedicated to a subject, say gaming in this case, people will call you out because they might have an answer. ;)

No need to call people that know more than you on a topic names, lol. I did you a favor, answered your thread and gave you information. Don't be such a sore loser.

Besides pointing out the truth to you, I did answer the question, btw, I said Wii U is better. Eh.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Sorry, but only users with 500 posts and more can make threads here on System Wars. So this is probably going to be locked soon. Again, sorry. That's just how the rules are.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

PS4>WiiU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox One

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SolidTy

@watchdogsrules said:

Lying, being wrong, and spreading misinformation will get you called out. It doesn't matter what the topic is, whether it's politics, science, books, art, music, games, sports, et cetera. There is no reason to be ignorant when posting. Just post on what you know.

You are posting on a forum about games, you are bound to run into gamers that know about the topic at hand, and in this case I suspect I lived through the gaming eras in question giving me a huge advantage in experience.

I answered the thread btw, the answer is Wii U. Largely because Nintendo had an extra year over my Xbone and PS4.

Glitchspot stole my original post...

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 watchdogsrules

@SolidTy: i'll i'm doing is stating my own opinion. is that so wrong? plus the amount of games that comes out for a system and how much these games sell has most of the time has nothing to do with when a system is going to be discontinued.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 watchdogsrules

@SolidTy:

@SolidTy said:

@watchdogsrules said:

Lying, being wrong, and spreading misinformation will get you called out. It doesn't matter what the topic is, whether it's politics, science, books, art, music, games, sports, et cetera. There is no reason to be ignorant when posting. Just post on what you know.

You are posting on a forum about games, you are bound to run into gamers that know about the topic at hand, and in this case I suspect I lived through the gaming eras in question giving me a huge advantage in experience.

I answered the thread btw, the answer is Wii U. Largely because Nintendo had an extra year over my Xbone and PS4.

Glitchspot stole my original post...

how am i lying when i actually went on wikipedia and saw with my own eyes that sony will stop supporting ps3 after next year

RodneyCourts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RodneyCourts
Member since 2014 • 66 Posts

I think PS4 is more better than other game here, now a days it is one of leading PC gaming which charge against Xbox one or other, it makes king to the PC gaming, these gaming hardware will have to double the market value of console.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 watchdogsrules

@SolidTy: biased, fanboy info is not counted as "information".

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Where's the option for "All of thy above"? I'll own them all eventually. All of them are better because they play the exclusive games I like to play. Hardcore gamers worry more about power they the real reason they bought one of these systems for. That would be for the GAMES. The Wii wasn't that powerful, but it did have a large amount of great games. Some were very innovative as well. Even the PS2 wasn't the most powerful, but it sold very well because of the games.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

watchdogsrules i want to humbly welcome you to system wars, this is an excellent thread you've created here, well done!

yeah it's true what you're saying, all the consoles have their ups and downs.

but you know, a good woman goes up and down too.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Wii U

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I'm afraid I have to lock this topic because you don't meet the 500 post requirement right now.