Which game doesn't get enough credit this generation, iyo? *56k, back off!*

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#51 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
Kameo (beutiful with a difficulty curve that's just right), Lumines (still my favourite PSP game. Awesome soundtrack), Valkyria Chronicles (seriously, buy it. Most memorable characters and story I've seen in a long time), MP3: Corruption (I stayed up till 6am solving ONE puzzle. That's now much I love this game :P)
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

A tragedy.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Company of Heroes It's the third highest rated exclusive this gen that's over MGS4, Halo 3, and Crysis. The only 2 games over it are LBP and SMG. No one says a thing about the game aside from PC gamers.
Pariah_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Pariah_001
Member since 2003 • 4850 Posts

The Darkness

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Resistance: Fall of Man

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts

Definately under-rated here.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 clembo1990
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]Company of Heroes It's the third highest rated exclusive this gen that's over MGS4, Halo 3, and Crysis. The only 2 games over it are LBP and SMG. No one says a thing about the game aside from PC gamers.

Maybe because it's a PC exclusive and consolites wouldn't understand awesome if it hit them in they face! *snaps fingers side to side* mmmmhmmmm
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="mo0ksi"]Company of Heroes It's the third highest rated exclusive this gen that's over MGS4, Halo 3, and Crysis. The only 2 games over it are LBP and SMG. No one says a thing about the game aside from PC gamers.

Maybe because it's a PC exclusive and consolites wouldn't understand awesome if it hit them in they face! *snaps fingers side to side* mmmmhmmmm

Probably, or maybe it's just they can't find anything bad to say about it. Next solution to this problem? They bash Crysis again.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
Dark Messiah Of Might & Magic Elements was up for worst game of the year, and people constantly scream about how bad it was...but everyone I know (myself included), who actually has played/owned the game thinks it's at least a good solid game with fun environmental kills and some unique elements to it.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
[QUOTE="clembo1990"]

Under-rated? Are you kidding me? This game was so undeserving of the 9.0 it got. It should be a 7.5, at best.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

far cry 2, it suppose to be the the greatest fps this year, but people hate it, despite that assasin creed had the same repetition issue and worse.Hellboard

Which is why both are terrible imo. You will have to forgive me, it's just I cannot get over what they did to rainbow six vegas and then assassins creed. They could have made those games SO much better I can't get over it.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 clembo1990
[QUOTE="clembo1990"]

lusitanogamer
Under-rated? Are you kidding me? This game was so undeserving of the 9.0 it got. It should be a 7.5, at best.

Why? I seriously don't see it as a bad kind of repetition, it's less repetitive than Halo or Hitman and those games are excellent.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lusitanogamer
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="lusitanogamer"][QUOTE="clembo1990"]

Why? I seriously don't see it as a bad kind of repetition, it's less repetitive than Halo or Hitman and those games are excellent.

AC became a chore to me after a few hours of play. All games have some kind of repetitiveness to them, but AC takes that to an extreme. Every single mission is the same thing over and over again, no variety whatsoever.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts
[QUOTE="lusitanogamer"][QUOTE="clembo1990"]

clembo1990

It's a game about assassinating people, but there is no reward for being stealthy when your health metre get's as big as it can be. The game has no sense of compromise. There isn't even a stealth system in place, just random scripted locations that make you lose whatever is following you in an instant. Why is this do you think? Because Ubisoft can't program AI for ****? I think so going by track record.

clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clembo1990
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="lusitanogamer"]Under-rated? Are you kidding me? This game was so undeserving of the 9.0 it got. It should be a 7.5, at best.lusitanogamer

AC became a chore to me after a few hours of play. All games have some kind of repetitiveness to them, but AC takes that to an extreme. Every single mission is the same thing over and over again, no variety whatsoever.

It's a sandbox game. Did you bother exploring the really really good looking environments? That's the biscuit, you may just have been nomming round the edges with the completionist stuff.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lusitanogamer
[QUOTE="lusitanogamer"][QUOTE="clembo1990"] Why? I seriously don't see it as a bad kind of repetition, it's less repetitive than Halo or Hitman and those games are excellent. clembo1990

It's a sandbox game. Did you bother exploring the really really good looking environments? That's the biscuit, you may just have been nomming round the edges with the completionist stuff.

Actually, i did try to explore, but it all ends up in the same repetitive mess, you trying to pass through guards unnoticed or running away from them.
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts

NWN 2 : Mask of Betrayer (Very minor spoilers)
The game would be my favorite rpg since Bloodlines.
- Premise : It had a original premise like instead of being the chosen one you were the cursed one and instead of saving thousands of people your destiny was to destroy thousands wherever you go and your purpose was not to fulfill you destiny to save the world but to fight
- Characters - One of the most nicely fleshed out characters with a very good backstory and were integrally tied with the main/side quests
- Dialogues - The best in a long long time
- Gameplay - It is the same old DnD which some people love other hate, but it had a spirit eater mechanic which makes the urgency of the situation very clear and allows the player to better associate with it's character.
- Locations - Lots of amazing locations from Shaodw Realms to Bones of Dying God to Witches Covenant etc

A good reivew : http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=159 (a bit of swearing is there)

naval
That premise sounds a lot like Baldurs Gate.
11Marcel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 11Marcel
Member since 2004 • 7241 Posts

Shadowrun. People always complain about how stale the fps genre is. Then an fps comes around that does things completely different, and it works great, and no one gets it because it gets a 6.9. And it has no ladder animations. This was really a gem of a game, and still being played today. Have fun with the same fps every year I quess.

Also Rainbow six vegas was a great game, but hardly ever gets mentioned. The inferior (IMO) gears of war is being talked about all the time though.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#68 PAL360  Online
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts
PGR4
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#69 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts
Dead Rising, Mass Effect, The Darkness and Hitman: Blood Money.
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Silent Hill: Homecoming

What an underrated game! Once you get the wonky combat down, the game is apleasure to play. You can either shoot your mom in the face or watch her be torn to pieces by a torture machine. There's planty of great moments to be had in that game and I just can't sell it back.

Also, as mentioned, the Penumbra games were EXCELLENT! Great fun, cheap... really wish they would made the third installment. Oh well...

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lusitanogamer

Silent Hill: Homecoming

What an underrated game! Once you get the wonky combat down, the game is apleasure to play. You can either ____________. There's planty of great moments to be had in that game and I just can't sell it back.

Also, as mentioned, the Penumbra games were EXCELLENT! Great fun, cheap... really wish they would made the third installment. Oh well...

trollop_scat
Dude, do you know the meaning of SPOILER?!
jbisco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#72 jbisco25
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts
Banjo&Kazooie nuts and bolts, i think that game is so underrated it has so much hidden depth to it.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
[QUOTE="naval"]

NWN 2 : Mask of Betrayer (Very minor spoilers)
The game would be my favorite rpg since Bloodlines.
- Premise : It had a original premise like instead of being the chosen one you were the cursed one and instead of saving thousands of people your destiny was to destroy thousands wherever you go and your purpose was not to fulfill you destiny to save the world but to fight
- Characters - One of the most nicely fleshed out characters with a very good backstory and were integrally tied with the main/side quests
- Dialogues - The best in a long long time
- Gameplay - It is the same old DnD which some people love other hate, but it had a spirit eater mechanic which makes the urgency of the situation very clear and allows the player to better associate with it's character.
- Locations - Lots of amazing locations from Shaodw Realms to Bones of Dying God to Witches Covenant etc

A good reivew : http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=159 (a bit of swearing is there)

Locke562

That premise sounds a lot like Baldurs Gate.

Not really, curse and heritage are a bit different and their path which will lead to evil is different .. that said this game is the best BG's type of experience you can get (beside BG of cousre)

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
The Darkness Folklore Eternal Sonata Zack and Wiki Mirror's Edge Heavenly Sword (though it is short) Overlord
Maxyboy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Maxyboy13
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts
Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#76 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
[QUOTE="clembo1990"][QUOTE="lusitanogamer"] AC became a chore to me after a few hours of play. All games have some kind of repetitiveness to them, but AC takes that to an extreme. Every single mission is the same thing over and over again, no variety whatsoever. lusitanogamer

Actually, i did try to explore, but it all ends up in the same repetitive mess, you trying to pass through guards unnoticed or running away from them.

stop already its the same crap all over seriously i cant believe they really do that to that game.. 8 max
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
Toss up between Sonic Unleashed and Banjo Kazooie N&B
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#78 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts

clembo1990

Underrated my ass its the same thing all over.... jeez i play it right now

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#79 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Boom Blox. ... I love boom blox.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
Lost Odyssey
Kameo
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Assassin's Creed
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
The Witcher
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

games i liked but didnt receive enough credit imo are

The Darkness - nice twist, interesting characters and good story..

Heavenly Sword - (yes its short but had fast/fluid gameplay, action packed, interesting boss battles and great visuals)

SOCOM - great online tactical shooter, unfortunately released with server probs which kept many gamers away from the game.. Still one of the best shooters..

Warhawk - Great game, great community, huge maps, good variety in vehicles and pure fun..

Army of two - might be the only one here, but i really enjoyed the game and co-op was fun..

PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 PoppaGamer
Member since 2009 • 1629 Posts
Warhawk. It got bad reviews because of issues with lag and rank for the first couple weeks. Since it has been one of the smoothest running, action packed, dev supported, fun games to play online this entire generation.
PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PoppaGamer
Member since 2009 • 1629 Posts
[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

games i liked but didnt receive enough credit imo are

The Darkness - nice twist, interesting characters and good story..

Heavenly Sword - (yes its short but had fast/fluid gameplay, action packed, interesting boss battles and great visuals)

SOCOM - great online tactical shooter, unfortunately released with server probs which kept many gamers away from the game.. Still one of the best shooters..

Warhawk - Great game, great community, huge maps, good variety in vehicles and pure fun..

Army of two - might be the only one here, but i really enjoyed the game and co-op was fun..

Heavenly Sword's story is truely on one of the best stories I've ever seen tied to a video game. From the preface anime videos giving the back story to the game itself, it was awesome.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#84 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Chromehounds - One of the best mech sims I've played on a console. It has a deep mech building system and a very dedicated online community. It's not the easiest game to get into but once you do, it's hard to put down.

Crackdown - Yeah, that game that came with the Halo 3 beta. I am one of the few people who bought Crackdown for Crackdown and I was pleasantly surprised with how awesome the game is to the point that I was playing it long after the Halo 3 beta had ended. I wish there was more of a story structure and more varied goals than "find gang generals and kill they ass" but it redeems itself in the fact that you and a buddy can go super jumping across the city together and throw cars at each other for sport.

Mass Effect - Loved it. This game gets a bad rap for its technical shortcomings and repetitive planets and side missions and while I agree that these are valid complaints, I still loved the game enough to play through it twice (bland side missions and all) and start again with an entirely new character and set of abilities.

Heavenly Sword - God of War or Ninja Gaiden it was not but that didn't stop it from being a very entertaining action game.

Forza Motorsport 2 - Best. Racing game. Ever. That's all I need to say.

Project Gotham Racing 4 - Bizarre made the mistake of releasing this around the same time as Halo 3 with little to no marketing. I can't understand what the execs were thinking not delaying this until deeper into the holiday season or even early 2008 but...there's nothing we can do about that now. Project Gotham Racing 4 is one of the best sim-cade racers I've ever played and has one heck of a great soundtrack. Listening to Lupe Fiasco's "The Instrumental" while powersliding around a corner = win.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

The WitcherAljosa23

that game gets exactly the praise it deserves in my opinion

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#86 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Hmm.. Rise of the Argonauts, eh? I was really looking forward to it and gave it a rent, but I only played it a couple times before returning it. Great concepts, but I found the combat to be pretty weak, and overall the game wasn't that interesting up to where I left off. I was at the first island past the starting one when I quit, so.. not really far into the game, but far enough.

I'm going to go with Assassin's Creed. The combat is very entertaining and well done, you always feel like a total badass, but the part I liked about the game most was the free running system. It is truly a revolutionary system to interact with the environment, and it's just FUN. I keep hearing repetitive or shallow being mentioned in regards to AC, but I truly loved that game. It could've had MORE, yes.. more interesting quests, more variety, but the combat and free running, and the overall detail of the cities and outlying areas made it a great game.

Mass Effect, also.. some of the side quests were lame, the planets barren, but there were also lots of other good side quests. Main story was amazing, dialogue system was great, it was pretty cool with the different choices you could make. Lots to like about the game, and it truly drew me in. I played the hell out of that game. It's very rare that I play only one game until I finish it, especially a game that took me 40 hrs to finish, but Mass Effect was that game. AC was the same as well.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
Burnout Paradise. It is simply THE best racer this gen. On top of that it has some of the best free DLC available. And Crackdown.
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts
Condemned 2
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#89 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Yes, I said it - LAIR. I enjoyed the game, and I still until this day... I cant believe how bad reviewers ripped it apart based on it's motion control. It was easy!!! The most ridiculous thing was on the Gamespot review they acted like it was hard to steer the dragon left or right. Unless there was a patch released after launch that made the steering more sensitive that I didnt know about... I have absolutely no idea what they were complaining about. With that said, I dont think it's the best game of this gen, but I think it's a good game... and it's certainly not the worst game. Of course, my opinion. :)
Eyezonmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Eyezonmii
Member since 2008 • 2145 Posts

Yes, I said it - LAIR. I enjoyed the game, and I still until this day... I cant believe how bad reviewers ripped it apart based on it's motion control. It was easy!!! The most ridiculous thing was on the Gamespot review they acted like it was hard to steer the dragon left or right. Unless there was a patch released after launch that made the steering more sensitive that I didnt know about... I have absolutely no idea what they were complaining about. With that said, I dont think it's the best game of this gen, but I think it's a good game... and it's certainly not the worst game. Of course, my opinion. :)carljohnson3456
how are the graphics? they look incredible from shots...what about off-screen?
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#91 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
how are the graphics? they look incredible from shots...what about off-screen? Eyezonmii
They're good graphics, a pretty game, but not as awesome as they look in the pics. And sometimes the character and environment animations look awkward.... and sometimes when you're flying there is a pop in here and there... but over all it's a nice looking game.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Professor Layton, my favorite DS game by far, above TWEWY and any other majorly praised title. The Witcher has been getting better recognition with the console ports, so I won't mention that too much. Valkyria Chronicles, Burnout Paradise.
Raiden1000002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Raiden1000002
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts

shshadow of the colossus

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Metroid prime 3. It's one of the few really great wii games that actually makes great use of the wii-mote...yet it hardly gets talked about :(
JediRiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 JediRiff
Member since 2007 • 2159 Posts
Mass Effect
SeanDiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SeanDiff
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
FolkloreNocturnalNoctis
Agreed, Folklore's a great game.
jharv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 jharv
Member since 2007 • 1774 Posts
World of Goo.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Metroid prime 3. It's one of the few really great wii games that actually makes great use of the wii-mote...yet it hardly gets talked about :(Shinobishyguy
I have a feeling that if Metroid Prime was made for the first time ever on the Wii, and ended up the way it did, it would probably get more recocnition, but since its the third game, most people are just going to assume more of the same with tacked on controls like most games. I can't say since I personally haven't played it, I didn't like MP1/2, though when I get around to buying a Wii, I'll probably pick up MP3 since from what I've seen at an EB, the controls do look good.
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#99 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
GTAIV. Everyone seems to hate it for some reason.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I agree with Team Fortress 2, Heavenly Sword, Lost Odyssey, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Kameo, GTA IV (gets bashed too much), Penumbra (both of them), Mass Effect, Company of Heroes, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, Crackdown, World In Conflict, Virtua Fighter 5, Resistance: Fall of Man, The Witcher, The Darkness, King's Bounty, Dark Sector, Valkyria Chronicles, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: Elements, Sonic Unleashed, Hitman: Blood Money, Dead Rising, Silent Hill: Homecoming, Mirror's Edge, Overlord, Zack & Wiki, Boom Blox, Assassins Creed (gets bashed too much), Chromehounds, Forza Motorsport 2, Project Gotham Racing 4, and World of Goo.

Great picks!

I'd also add...

Blue Dragon - Yes, it's cliche. Yes, it's very old school. But that's what I like about it. It reminds me of the lighthearted games I played as a child. It is cute and fun, imo. The boss battle music with the singer of Deep Purple singing is a bit much, though. :P

ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat - A really fun tactical RPG for the DS. I imported this one on the cheap ($10) and I got many enjoyable hours of playtime out of it.

AWAY: Shuffle Dungeon - One of my favorite DS games of '08. Gamespot absolutely slaughtered it in their review, and to be honest, I don't know why. I'd agree with 1UP's rating of a B-. Really enjoyed this one. I like the world and its characters. Gameplay is addictive and fun.

Too Human - This game is probably the most hated game this generation, other than Lair and Haze, of course. Honestly, while the game has its problems, and the levels do drag on for far too long, and they don't have enough variety, I still enjoyed the characters and the combat. The combat was simplistic, and it could still use some work, but I loved linking together everything while sliding from one enemy to the next. I just found that to be a lot of fun. Here's to hoping Too Human gets a sequel, and also here's to hoping that the sequel can get it all right.

The Last Remnant - Yes, this game has pop-in. Yes, this game has framerate issues. Both of which can be minimized by installing the game to you HDD. It runs much better with it. Anyways, even with its problems, the game itself is actually very solid. The union battle system is completely unique and offers a nice bit of strategy. You really have to think about your next move. And also, unlike the disappointing Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant has a pretty good cast of characters with some solid voice acting.

Prince of Persia - An absolutely beautiful game. From beginning to end, I was hooked. The ending it great, too. I've heard people whine about it, but it's honestly one of my favorite endings to a game this generation. Obviously, I won't spoil it, but it had more of an impact since you had to actually play it out. It was very cute and sweet. Not to mention, the actual gameplay is so fluid and precise. Yes, it's a bit "automatic", but you can't complain when everything gels together so well.

Siren: Blood Curse - Simply put, Siren: Blood Curse is one of the most horrific games I have ever played, and in this case, that's a good thing.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - The camera still sucks, but I enjoyed Ninja Gaiden 2 more than its predecessor. It has more gore, more moves, and it's just more bad***.

Fable 2 - A beautiful WRPG with simplistic combat and great environment interaction. Building relationships, knocking someone up, buying a house, having kids (only if you don't use protection ;)), and then abandoning them all makes this game a winner. :P