Which do you think is the overall best gaming platform this generation?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mikhail

Poll Which do you think is the overall best gaming platform this generation? (107 votes)

3DS 3%
PC 56%
PlayStation 4 20%
Vita 1%
Wii U 13%
Xbox One 11%
Android, iOS, Blackberry, or other troll response 0%

Not which one you have, but the one you think is the best. This could be based on any number of factors that are important to you - exclusives, capabilities, features, value, whatever.

• 
mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Telekill: You should start a poll! Would it be just PS4/Xbone/Wii U?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By mikhail

@FoxbatAlpha: cool just wondering. Personally I think all consoles are equally bad, but it seems like the PS4 has more of a following at this point at least.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

So far 3DS, PS4 will probably beat with Bloodborne though

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

PC is always the best if you keep it upgraded. That doesn't mean the others are 'lesser' there are just less moments of greatness but the ones that are there are really worth having. PS4 Infamous I loved it. X1 has the MCC. Both consoles have loads of stuff to come that you will never see on PC. If you love games you own them all. If you are a bit stupid you buy one then go on the internet and say 'this one is better than all the other ones' because, well, you're stupid and you can't help it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

PC > Wii U > 3DS > rest.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mikhail

@MBirdy88 said:

PC > Wii U > 3DS > rest.

Damn I feel exactly the same way, although for me it's PC > 3DS > Wii U > rest since I don't have a Wii U yet.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

For me its Wii U > PC > 3DS > the rest.

At this point its more about exclusives than 3rd party games. Outside of a critical few I can easly go Wii U only this generation.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 blueinheaven

@MBirdy88 said:

PC > Wii U > 3DS > rest.

PC gamer here who doesn't want to play kids games on the Wii U or 3DS. Done with Mario et al a long time ago. Nintendo almost as unimaginative and repetitive as the whole COD team these days. Unless you're 5 years old.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

The Xbox One does a little more than the PS4 feature wise, but the PS4 is a better gaming console. Then the Wii U actually has quality exclusives which is something the PS4 and Xbox One lack. But as we all know the Wii U lacks power and 3rd party support.

Then as far as PC goes, my rig is a beast and I've had a ton of fun building it. Now I just need a game to come out that can give it a good workout.

IMO it's PC>3DS>WiiU>PS4>XB1>Vita. And I'm not knocking any of them since I enjoy them all. And things could change once games start coming.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts
@mikhail said:

@mr_huggles_dog: I didn't agree with you. I said we "can" do this again, not that doing it now is somehow invalid. The argument you are presenting in this topic is nothing but a logical fallacy.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Well...thats some double talk if I've ever seen it.

Good job mikhail...I guess everyone has their moments....you sorta acknowledged that the poll was flawed and still left the door open to keep the poll going....all with some clever writing.

Nice.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

I have a PC as well as all PS consoles. PC cant be on this list since its technically an open platform with replaceable components which means that PC is always one generation due to not being technically designed for games. Also due to being able to play most games made since old IBM days, you know text based RPG's and all.

Also if every 3DS owner voted, it would go past 100 percent lol, same with PS4 owners.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#62 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I'd say PC or WiiU honestly. I like my X1, look forward to games coming to it; like my PS4 even though I spent the last of this months money on it and couldn't afford a game, but looks like great stuff is coming. But the WiiU is killing it in exclusives and the PC has great exclusives as well. Between those 2 at this point imo.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

PC >>>>>> PS4 >> WiiU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbone

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 cainetao11

@Telekill said:

I'd be interested to see what the general population's perspective of what the best console is at the moment.

You don't think the PS4's sales are an indication?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 cainetao11

@blueinheaven said:

PC is always the best if you keep it upgraded. That doesn't mean the others are 'lesser' there are just less moments of greatness but the ones that are there are really worth having. PS4 Infamous I loved it. X1 has the MCC. Both consoles have loads of stuff to come that you will never see on PC. If you love games you own them all. If you are a bit stupid you buy one then go on the internet and say 'this one is better than all the other ones' because, well, you're stupid and you can't help it.

That cracked me up!!! It seems we on a gaming forum are enthusiasts, and not the average consumer. So it would follow we usually own more than one platform. I do love games, have my preference but do not let that stop me from buying and playing games on others. Well said, your post was.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@mikhail said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@sethman410 said:

PC will always win...

Glorious PC gaming master race.

...for strategy and world of warcraft lovers yeah...lol PC gaming^^

At least there are actually good strategy games on PC....along with games from every single other genre.

Your argument is essentially "Consoles don't have strategy games or MMOs, therefore they are better."

Fail.

I agree, especially considering now Squenix is bringing the FFs over to PC. More and more jrpgs are showing up on PC. Yeah, there's a lot of crap on PC, but there's so many more good games on the platform. Those are joining the already great lineup of western rpgs on the market. Of course, this doesn't take into account all the other great exclusives that are on PC. Then you've got all the multiplats which are just plain superior on PC. Also, a Windows 8 PC will run a game that was released ten years ago. So I don't have to hunt down an old Windows Vista rig in order to run the game. Now I might have to download a patch so the game will run, or I might have to run it in compatibility mode, but it will run. Try running PS3 Crysis on PS4. Ain't happening, but on PC, no problem!

I gotta post it. It needs to be posted.

Bow down console peasants!!! Your PC gaming overlords are here!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

@MBirdy88 said:

PC > Wii U > 3DS > rest.

PC gamer here who doesn't want to play kids games on the Wii U or 3DS. Done with Mario et al a long time ago. Nintendo almost as unimaginative and repetitive as the whole COD team these days. Unless you're 5 years old.

right.... because cheesey b movie first/third person shooters that havn't evolved (infact been watered down) since the early 2000s (PC Shooter MP was better than everything currently with its modes/variation) is sooo pushing the boundaries? Sony/MS are in a far worse state. Sony being the worst because they feed on graphic whoring wannabe "Tech enthusiasts" that want to watch movies more than play games.

The whole age thing is stupid, you sound like a teen wanting to "act more mature".

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

PS4>>XBOX ONE >>PC>>WII-U

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

PC has been the answer forever now. :P

If we are going by console... probably PS4 since it gets the best multiplats and is probably going to have more favorable ip's at least compared to x1 imo. Honestly though a good PC and a WiiU is the best combo for this gen imo if you don't got the scratch for multiple consoles.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44605 Posts

since consoles take about a couple years to really come in full swing I'd say it's way too early to tell

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

PC... I really don't like 30FPS, seriously it makes every game feel better even slow paced RPGs.

I would much rather play a horrible unoptimized port on medium to get 60FPS on a high end GPU that can do much more than play it at 30fps at 1600x900. Seriously its 2014. My phone is 1920x1080.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By mikhail

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@mikhail said:

@mr_huggles_dog: I didn't agree with you. I said we "can" do this again, not that doing it now is somehow invalid. The argument you are presenting in this topic is nothing but a logical fallacy.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Well...thats some double talk if I've ever seen it.

Good job mikhail...I guess everyone has their moments....you sorta acknowledged that the poll was flawed and still left the door open to keep the poll going....all with some clever writing.

Nice.

Don't blame me because of your tendency to jump to conclusions. Face it, you're just looking for a reason to invalidate the poll because you are a raging console peasant the likes of which has never been seen...you hate PC gamers and look for every opportunity to nitpick regardless of if you have any facts or logical arguments to support your position or not.

Work on your reading comprehension and stop trying to redefine others' posts to fit your transparent agenda. PEACE

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

obviously PC is #1, but sports games on it are a no go. Fortunately, its free to play games/RTS games are miles and away better than anything consoles can offer. The second best choice SHOULD be the wii U, but I think sports games are again lacking on it. If were talking about games minus sports genre then the Wii U comes in second easily, 3DS in 3rd, ps4 fourth and xbox one in 5th, vita in last (yeah thats how much the vita sux ass). If you're heavy on sports titles then the Wii U isn't for you.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#74  Edited By elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

only 59% so far?

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts

@psx_warrior: lmfao is that supposed to be Gabe Newell? The fat one? That is just beautiful.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 blueinheaven

@MBirdy88 said:

@blueinheaven said:

@MBirdy88 said:

PC > Wii U > 3DS > rest.

right.... because cheesey b movie first/third person shooters that havn't evolved (infact been watered down) since the early 2000s (PC Shooter MP was better than everything currently with its modes/variation) is sooo pushing the boundaries? Sony/MS are in a far worse state. Sony being the worst because they feed on graphic whoring wannabe "Tech enthusiasts" that want to watch movies more than play games.

The whole age thing is stupid, you sound like a teen wanting to "act more mature".

We don't all play COD and Battlefield 4 I play all types of games but Nintendo well... they have been churning the same stuff out on every system for as long as I can remember and that's fine but on its own it's not enough. The Wii U is technically garbage and as a result third parties avoid it like the plague so unless you are ONLY interested in rehashes of Nintendos own catalogue you're out of luck and yes, those games are aimed at younger gamers. I was a younger gamer once and loved those games, then I grew up. Last Story and Xenoblades do them both in HD and there's your money Nintendo you might sell a few systems despite your ancient hardware.

I hope that clears things up for you.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@sethman410 said:

@psx_warrior: lmfao is that supposed to be Gabe Newell? The fat one? That is just beautiful.

Not necessarily, but he could represent Gabe certainly.