Where does your gamer logic break down?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I hate games with an anime art style.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

My main two of today is

1) Freemium/ free to play: I feel it is just better to pay the full up front cost of a game instead of milking and diming me but with constant DLC always being added to a game. I'm just not sure if there will ever be such a thing as a complete game.

2) Smash Bros being a competitive fighter. It's a fun game don't get me wrong, but the game mechanics just scream this is a causal game. I just can't take it's competitive scene seriously.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

More than anything, games that take control away from you on a frequent basis and over use of QTE's.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@funsohng said:

@inb4uall said:

@funsohng: I'm interested in your opinion on uncharted given how you feel about heavily scripted events and cut scenes.

Do you really want to go there brah

Yes because I fucking hate uncharted and I'm hoping I finally found a like minded individual.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@funsohng said:

@inb4uall said:

@funsohng: I'm interested in your opinion on uncharted given how you feel about heavily scripted events and cut scenes.

Do you really want to go there brah

Yes because I fucking hate uncharted and I'm hoping I finally found a like minded individual.

I agree with you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

PC games my PC can't handle.

Games like Sim City that won't work offline.

Yearly released games are a turn off.

Complicated games like RTS on PC even Tropico is too much.

CoD clones.

The Nintendo DS. I wanna play Pokemon but would feel like a loser caught playing one of those.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@funsohng said:

If video game as a medium wants to be recognized as a legit narrative medium, it needs to use its own specific mechanics to convey story, not imitate another medium.

Yeah, that's why I don't want sound in my games. I hate it when games imitate the music industry.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

COD, I own just about every one released on PC, even though the multiplayer after COD4 frustrates me half the time if not more (looking at you MW3 and Ghosts)

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:Mine is the guys who complain that Nintendo has no games they want. Then when Nintendo gets games that they would love, they complain that its not on their system. After that they then say that the Nintendo system doesn't have enough of the games they want. But will line up for Bloodborne or Halo and only Bloodborne or Halo.

That's like when people call Smash Bros a rehash and then talk about how excited they are for Uncharted 4. The 1st Uncharted came out in 2007. The 1st Smash Bros came out in 1999. People just love to hate Nintendo."I hate Mario games" is another one that bugs me. So do these people not like platformers, fighters, puzzle, kart racer, RPG, arcade sports or party games?

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

I won't play games, and there are a few "reasons" for it:

|--| I'll think, "I have something better to do with my time," but then I'll end up screwing around on the Internet anyway, like I am now with SMT IV sitting between me and the keyboard, in a closed 3DS.

|--| I'll be playing a game that I'm finding difficult at the time, and I suck at video games so this happens a lot, I'll play it continuously for hours, even if I'm stuck. However once I turn it off, I probably won't return to it-- or sometimes any game-- for about a month. I will still want to play it though, I just won't do it.

|--| I also don't finish a lot of games because I start them over before I reach the end... a lot.

None of it makes any sense.

___

Other than that I'll play anything if I have a reason to think it is good, even if the generic anime style is a put-off, like Senran-whatever-the-heck.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I don't like 3D Mario. I thought SM64 was lame back in the day. SMSunshine is LOL worthy. Hated Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 because of the horrid motion controls/camera system. NSMB don't even come close to SMB/SM3/SMW. The only decent mario I liked was SM3DLand/World, but there was still tons of room for improvement.

I don't like Zelda. Too simplistic, boring and I hate the auto-jump it does. I feel like I have no control. It needs voice acting too. I shouldn't have to read 20 pages of text in 2015. The series tends to rely on gimmicks which I end up finding more annoying than fun. The story is basically the same thing for each game. The puzzles are too easy and just insult my intelligence. I don't understand the praise for these games.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@cainetao11: No, it's an example. My point is more on the theoretical side. I'm just simply saying a game needs to be a game and convey story as a game, and not as a movie.

@nethernova said:

Yeah, that's why I don't want sound in my games. I hate it when games imitate the music industry.

Just because it has sound it doesn't mean it's imitating music industry. It's how the medium uses sound.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#63 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@funsohng said:

@cainetao11: No, it's an example. My point is more on the theoretical side. I'm just simply saying a game needs to be a game and convey story as a game, and not as a movie.

@nethernova said:

Just because it has sound it doesn't mean it's imitating music industry. It's how the medium uses sound.

This logic breaks down your own points though. How would games like MGS convey certain story moments without cutscenes?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By funsohng

@Desmonic said:

@funsohng:

The cinematic stuff just gives it more flair honestly. With the right devs it's actually a great tool, with the wrong ones not so much (just like most stuff in gaming).

The essential bit is that the devs must remember, regardless of hour long cutscenes (looking at you MGS4!) , that it's still a game, it still needs to be fun to actually play, it still needs something to be played. Some seem to forget that important bit. *coughTheOrdercough* >.>

Well maybe so, but it needs to phase out because of the reason I said. Will probably take a long time to do so, really, as a gamer, I hate it when a game limits itself to imitate a medium it can never fully replicate.

Also cutscene-gameplay alternation breaks pacing for me, in terms of narrative progress. Because you have to have a gameplay segment, narrative segment which is only progressing in cutscenes are broken up and feel distanced from one another. This causes less fluid storytelling, and is ultimately detrimental to the whole narrative process.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#65 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@funsohng said:

@nethernova said:

Well being that the industry became a multi billion dollar one as it is, I think its doing what it "needs" to do just fine. The very fact the word 'game' is in its name means it probably will never be regarded as high as literature or novels. Nor must it in order to be enjoyed and respected by me.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 funsohng

@Blabadon said:

@funsohng said:

@nethernova said:

This logic breaks down your own points though. How would games like MGS convey certain story moments without cutscenes?

For a start, it can try using codec without cutting off the gameplay. Though not sure whether it's like that in GZ already.

I think this was in MGS1, where you use the high sensitivity mic to eavesdrop. Little stuff like that. You are at least doing something yourself.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 funsohng

@cainetao11 said:

@funsohng said:

Well being that the industry became a multi billion dollar one as it is, I think its doing what it "needs" to do just fine. The very fact the word 'game' is in its name means it probably will never be regarded as high as literature or novels. Nor must it in order to be enjoyed and respected by me.

Movies were like that too back in 1910s. Then it started to change.

Just because it's making money doesn't mean it needs to stay stale.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By cainetao11

@funsohng said:

@cainetao11 said:

@funsohng said:

Movies were like that too back in 1910s. Then it started to change.

Just because it's making money doesn't mean it needs to stay stale.

but the fact that it is making money is proof someone is enjoying gaming in its current state.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#69 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It doesn't, I'm pretty consistent in my likes and dislikes :P

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#70 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Anything made by platinum games I avoid it like a disease.

Zombie theme games gets no love from me either.

Over sexualize Japanese games are not my thing.

Fps in general bore me to tears so I'm picky which one I play.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@funsohng said:

@Desmonic said:

@funsohng:

The cinematic stuff just gives it more flair honestly. With the right devs it's actually a great tool, with the wrong ones not so much (just like most stuff in gaming).

The essential bit is that the devs must remember, regardless of hour long cutscenes (looking at you MGS4!) , that it's still a game, it still needs to be fun to actually play, it still needs something to be played. Some seem to forget that important bit. *coughTheOrdercough* >.>

Well maybe so, but it needs to phase out because of the reason I said. Will probably take a long time to do so, really, as a gamer, I hate it when a game limits itself to imitate a medium it can never fully replicate.

Also cutscene-gameplay alternation breaks pacing for me, in terms of narrative progress. Because you have to have a gameplay segment, narrative segment which is only progressing in cutscenes are broken up and feel distanced from one another. This causes less fluid storytelling, and is ultimately detrimental to the whole narrative process.

Disagree fully. The franchises I mentioned initially make heavy use of it and to a greater or smaller degree they have fluid storytelling (some amazing cases like TLOU and some meh-ish cases like most AC games for example).

You may not enjoy it, which is perfectly fine, but the current method of storytelling when used correctly is very effective. Games like say Fallout, in which 99% of the story elements are told through gameplay elements (quests, in-game conversations, itens one picks up, the actual environment, etc) works great but only for a few genres. If the game requires fast pacing/action, then searching for the story elements (instead of presenting them in quick or long cutscenes at certain specific points) will work against the game itself.

That is not to say that games can't do both. For example Naughty Dog has said they will try to populate UC4's world with "optional" story elements which the player will have to search. We also know they won't drop their now "iconic" (using the word loosely) storytelling style, so at this point in time they will try to implement both methods.

If anything I agree that games should do that. Have bits and pieces of the story for the player to discover but also present it in focused way with the cinematic (or regular) style (if the devs want to, of course).

In any case, agree to disagree :P

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm not a big fan of anime style in my games. But, I wouldn't ding anyone who likes it. If that's what they like, so be it.

Come to think of it, I don't really force my preferences on others. No need to. Gamers with similar preferences will flock together.

As an example:

Flight sims is my favorite genre. Most flight simmers I know are in aviation-related fields or used to be in one such as pilots/aircrew, air traffic control, aviation weather (me), aircraft maintenance, etc. Probably not the typical crowd you'll see here at GS because there hasn't been a flight sim review by GS since what? FSX?

If flight sims was my only genre, I wouldn't be here (at GS) either. I also play a lot of games in other genres which is why I'm here. But, I spend more time at flight sim specific sites.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Ill never understand people that either praising or bashing games they havent even see out of fanboyism alone. Its literally insane and there are aloooot of them around.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I dont like most Japanese games unless they're from Platinum or NIntendo. Japanese devs usually suck ass at UIs and a bad UI is one of my biggest pet peeves(dragons dogma, dark souls). Also, anime sucks and anime-like graphics are a turn off and thats most Japanese games.

Hiring foreigners to do American accents, looking at you David Cage

I fucking hate QTEs. Nothing breaks up a cut scene or awesome moment like a QTE

Pretentious bullshit that looks nice but barely counts as a game(Journey)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I kind of agree with the anime point, though it really depends on the style. Some can look fine and be perfectly fine, but when you start reaching NIS levels of style, then yeah I'm not touching that shit with a 10-foot pole.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#76 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I don't like games that rely on over-sexualized lolis, but I like anime art styles in general. I guess that's not irrational though.

I also disliked Star Fox 64 because of it being on rails. I plan to give it another shot sometime and maybe try the Wii U game because at least, I enjoy the characters (Falco being the best).

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#77 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Hmm... I'm having trouble thinking of something specifically. I guess I have trouble gaming at a PC? There are a bunch of games I want to play from PC, a lot of older RPGs, but I have trouble getting into playing with KB/M or on a computer screen. I love handheld gaming, I love gaming on a couch. So I dunno.

I've been thinking about downloading Baldur's Gate 2 though since I'm interested and its available on mac. May have to try that.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

I tend to not like games that are overly violent (gore for the sake of having gore), or games that have use excessive language like San Andreas (though I do like San Andreas).

I'm not a big fan of most open world GTA style games, I find most of them to be rather boring.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Any game with any amount of quick time events are a No. I find them lazy and insulting.

I find the majority of FPSs as boring as watching paint dry. I usually turn my head up at them these days.

Heavily story driven games with mediocre gameplay, don't interest me. Sorry, Sony.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

I can't do MMO'S.... I've never played one, unless you count Destiny. For some reason, in my head MMO'S are an unnecessary offshoot of the hobby...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#81  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

First Person Shooters for me I think. I have a hard time enjoying their style of gameplay and end up writing them off in general. I feel I haven't given the genre much of a chance.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#82 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

I hate MOBAs, does that count?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I believe Adventure games are games despite having no game play and on top of that I don't consider Heavy Rain and TWD to be games.....

I hate RPGs.... I own 3 of them and am currently still playing one of them...... you may have heard me furiously bitching about them

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#84 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I have zero interest in "e-sports" (the name is stupid too).

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#85 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@Kevlar101:

Well games like The Walking Dead by Telltale sure it has a very good story but it is more of a very very long cut scene filled with QTE. Not Worth a second play through.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I love all games for the most part, but there are three games I will not touch no matter how good they are:

MMO or anything like them

RTS games

Puzzle games ( I never played Tetris and never will)

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@funsohng said:

@blueinheaven said:

@funsohng said:

Anyone who thinks using cinematic cutscenes or overusing heavily scripted event to convey narrative in gaming is beneficial to the medium.

What would you rather see instead? I used to love it in Morrowind when I was constantly coming across random books that related little stories about the gameworld or the people in it. I like cinematic cutscenes but reading material has always been a source of great excitement for me when I come across it in games. Stopping the game for a minute to get into what almost feels like a secretive piece of info is just the best thing for me.

I always use New Vegas for example. Vault 11 to be exact. But that game has so many other examples. It tells you about the characters and the world through character inventory, stats, questlines (not the dialogues but how questlines progress), etc.

Another good example is Metroid Prime.

If video game as a medium wants to be recognized as a legit narrative medium, it needs to use its own specific mechanics to convey story, not imitate another medium. Especially movies, because films became art when Griffith started using cinematography and editing as the chief means to convey narrative. Those two things are exactly the things that gaming lacks (you can't edit a gameplay segment because fluidity is required for a game, while camera control is also directly linked to making the game work, especially in a game like FPS). So using cinematic techniques to convey a game story can only end up restrictive and inferior.

that's all well and good in new vegas but you want that done in EVERY game? **** that noise, i'll keep the cut scenes

same here.

A game made by funsohng is something I would avoid at all cost. Especially when all my most fav games are very heavy on cut-scenes and story and I love it. Through every MGS or Yakuza 10-20 minutes cut-scene I remain just as engaged as if I were playing it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#88 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I haven't played a sports game since NHL Face Off 2001 on PlayStation. Not because I don't like them, it's just because I have no interest in playing them. I'd rather watch the professionals play it, or play it myself in real life.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

My video game selection remains principled; I greatly prefer conscientious game design focused on the actual gameplay, Everything else is supplementary (including role-playing elements, art style etc.), but other characteristics may add to the appeal. Games which reward players for play time solely via progression are a huge turnoff (most rpgs including turn based and open world usually have this at their core; unfortunately what accounts for 'action' in the blockbuster realm are based off of this as well).

Solving more difficult problems, increasing score beyond your last play, improving your execution or strategy etc. are what I prefer.

@ConanTheStoner said:

@inb4uall:

I feel ya man, I really do. Even if the gameplay is deep and engaging, I just can't get past the surface. I see the error in my ways, I'm usually all about the gameplay no matter what. I just can't overcome this bias.

You miss out on a vast library of great games due to staying away from certain art styles. I recommend suspending it immediately.

@Cloud_imperium said:

I don't like Japanese storytelling. Too slow paced for me. I think most of them (including Kojima) think that more writing = better writing. Well that's not true. Zzzzzzzzzz

Kojima didn't even focus on writing until MGS3. It never was really his best facet. Ex: MGS2 doesn't need good writing to do what it is intended; it has a boat load of unbelievable lines, outrageous plot points etc.

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

@inb4uall: I feel tye same way about the anime designs. Sometimes they are overly silly and borderline pedophile. Most Jrpgs today care more about silly looking characters than interesting stories and epic quests.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@360ru13r said:

My main two of today is

1) Freemium/ free to play: I feel it is just better to pay the full up front cost of a game instead of milking and diming me but with constant DLC always being added to a game. I'm just not sure if there will ever be such a thing as a complete game.

2) Smash Bros being a competitive fighter. It's a fun game don't get me wrong, but the game mechanics just scream this is a causal game. I just can't take it's competitive scene seriously.

More on 2. It is very fun and it can be very technical, but it is not competitive on the level of say, Marvel vs Capcom 2. Nintendo actually put mechanics into brawl to discourage competitive play. They've done a 180 on some of these in their recent smash release though, and now they're embracing the marketing from EVO (Nintendo money -> 2 smash games at evo).

The fact that competitive smash involves changing the game settings and limiting stages etc. (not based off of performance issues e.g. Birdie or Rolentos stage cause lag in alpha 2 arcade) to make it resemble a fighting game is part of this.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#92  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I can't think of anything, it seems I can enjoy pretty well everything. I've got a wide variety of games in my collection too.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 cainetao11

@Gue1:

Hey I hear ya. I complained on the MGS4 cut scene lengths but Kojima himself admitted he went to far on that one. My point is gaming is big enough that we don't have to have just one type of story telling in games. We can have the cut scene ones, and then the ones where @funsohng can stop and read his little heart out. I know in Elder Scrolls sometimes I spend hours just reading the books. But to say it has to be don't ONE way for gaming to be a real story telling medium is stupid.

Guess what? Gaming already is a story telling medium. Stories are being told in games.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Console vs PC: I cannot for the life of me beat any game on a console as opposed to its PC counterpart. Case in point, Mass Effect.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@flashn00b said:

Console vs PC: I cannot for the life of me beat any game on a console as opposed to its PC counterpart. Case in point, Mass Effect.

See I find it the opposite in cases like this. Mass Effect requires a large amount of time. No way am I sitting at a ms/kb for a few hours. If I'm going to be that lazy with a videogame I am going to lay on my ass for these few hours and relax, as well.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Competitive games that require 10's to 100's of hours just to get the mechanics down. If that's the case, then I will just never bother with it.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@soulitane said:

Competitive games that require 10's to 100's of hours just to get the mechanics down. If that's the case, then I will just never bother with it.

Ha, it's kind of the opposite for me. I'm much more likely to sink a hundred hours into a MOBA or fighter than I am to play a 4 hour action game. I've found myself incredibly bored by most of the current releases over the past few years and the most satisfying games to me have been titles like CS GO, LoL and Dota 2.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@funsohng said:

@nethernova said:

I really do think the term "video game" needs to change. Video games are so much more then just games these days. They can be interactive experiences without having to be games. Lots of people write off stuff like Gone Home for not being gamey enough. That sort of mentality is what restricts developers. They feel the need to shove in video gamey elements when their experience doesn't need them. For example, The Last of Us does a great job of absorbing you into its world, but it also has a lot more combat then it really needs. There are times when I was completely lost in the experience, but then I would run into an out of place combat secnario that only served to remind me that I was just playing a game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#99 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Despite recognizing it as the greatest game ever made...I don't actually own Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker yet.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cainetao11

@JangoWuzHere said:

@cainetao11 said:

@funsohng said:

@nethernova said:

I really do think the term "video game" needs to change. Video games are so much more then just games these days. They can be interactive experiences without having to be games. Lots of people write off stuff like Gone Home for not being gamey enough. That sort of mentality is what restricts developers. They feel the need to shove in video gamey elements when their experience doesn't need them. For example, The Last of Us does a great job of absorbing you into its world, but it also has a lot more combat then it really needs. There are times when I was completely lost in the experience, but then I would run into an out of place combat secnario that only served to remind me that I was just playing a game.

Good points made dude. Its funny how many people my age (42) and younger think I shouldn't be playing games anymore. Its like there is this invisible line where games can only be about playing in the bedroom when you're an adult. Enjoying Books is held in high regard, film buffs are to some extant as well, but a gamer? No we are supposed to out grow that at some point.