when will the ps3 compete graphically with the 360

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fruity_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Fruity_Fantasy
Member since 2007 • 778 Posts
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.Adrian_Cloud

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

Which aren't games that aren't out, go figure, and GTHD is a demo, I see no point adding it,by the time those come out 360 will have better looking games already, and Lair doesn't look better than those game, neither heavenly sword, but then again they aren't out and MGS4 is not even ready to show itself I can't count it in either.

Metal Gear Soilid 4: guns of the patriots gameplay was already shown and looks better than mostly anything out on either PS3 or 360.

So you can definately count it.

If you haven't played it or the game hasn't been released yet we don't know what that crap is ^. They are keeping way too much under raps with the Ps3, Warhawk being only a multiplayer game and you would of thought it was suppose to be  released like now?

Don't give me, bu bu the Kojimmmma is the trusted developer that loves us crap

Fruity_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Fruity_Fantasy
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.Adrian_Cloud

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

Which aren't games that aren't out, go figure, and GTHD is a demo, I see no point adding it,by the time those come out 360 will have better looking games already, and Lair doesn't look better than those game, neither heavenly sword, but then again they aren't out and MGS4 is not even ready to show itself I can't count it in either.

Metal Gear Soilid 4: guns of the patriots gameplay was already shown and looks better than mostly anything out on either PS3 or 360.

It doesn't, are telling me that looks better thn GeOW?, it probably WILL but right now I can't count it in cuz it lookslike CRAP.

Better texture, better character models, greater destrucatable enviroments, as time goes on so will the list in where MGS4 passes Gears. Regardelss of which one looks better, thos graphics are a ten; no doubt about it. Those screens are alpha, just like Lair and they already crush the major competition on Ps3 and 360. I'm sorry, buts its not really a competition when games that are just alpha look just as good, or come very close to matching 360 graphical show piece. 

Maybe when Alan Wake comes out then this topic will be valid. 

What games have you played on the Ps3 that look better than GeOW? or what games have been reviewed yet that look better? And Lair has horrible looking character models and I don't see anything that can't be done on the 360. GO play Lost planet, it has tons of big monsters(some all over the screen) and snow that looks great and plenty of physics to make you a happy boy.

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

It doesn't, are telling me that looks better thn GeOW?, it probably WILL but right now I can't count it in cuz it lookslike CRAP.

Better texture, better character models, greater destrucatable enviroments, as time goes on so will the list in where MGS4 passes Gears. Regardelss of which one looks better, thos graphics are a ten; no doubt about it. Those screens are alpha, just like Lair and they already crush the major competition on Ps3 and 360. I'm sorry, buts its not really a competition when games that are just alpha look just as good, or come very close to matching 360 graphical show piece.

Tell me u are joking:lol:,those are horrible textures, that game is on works, it looks horrible, your standards must be dowstraight lowwwww if u are gonna give those graphics a 10 

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.Fruity_Fantasy

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

If you haven't played it or the game hasn't been released yet we don't know what that crap is ^. They are keeping way too much under raps with the Ps3, Warhawk being only a multiplayer game and you would of thought it was suppose to be released like now?

1.Its Alpha gameplay - confirmed
2.It looks really good, better than most  360 and PS3 titles.  You can use your eyes for that.
3. Its single-player gameplay.
4. Warhawk is SOny, and not Konami. That arguement is irrelavant.
5. For someone hyping Too Human, i'm suprised your such a doubter, considering  how bad that game looks. Why not hype Mass Effect, or Bioshock?

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.-KinGz-

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

Tell me u are joking:lol:,those are horrible textures, that game is on works, it looks horrible, your standards must be dowstraight lowwwww if u are gonna give those graphics a 10

I'm not joking?

Just look at the buildings, great bump-mapping. The only negative to the textures are the ground textures. thats about it. I'm not sure where you were at TGS when the gameplay trailer was shown, but it was praised for its great textures, and physics. Gears and MGS4 could go side by side, and the only areas at the gears could possibily  beat MGS4 in graphics are lighting, shadowing, and over-all polish. 

BrokenDreams13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#56 BrokenDreams13
Member since 2004 • 1206 Posts

PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the power25-Automatic

Lol.  Does he know what he's talking about?

StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts
When Grand Turismo HD comes out.
tomertr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tomertr
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts

[QUOTE="25-Automatic"]PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the power-KinGz-

WTF....? are u serious? first of all 360 gpu > ps3, 1gbGPU? do u know how a gpu works? my god... 

i sure LOLed at him!!!

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.Fruity_Fantasy

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

What games have you played on the Ps3 that look better than GeOW? or what games have been reviewed yet that look better? And Lair has horrible looking character models and I don't see anything that can't be done on the 360. GO play Lost planet, it has tons of big monsters(some all over the screen) and snow that looks great and plenty of physics to make you a happy boy.

Played Lost Planet, can't even compare to the enviroments that are in LAir. Didn't get a 8 out of then in graphics?  Its really a fun game, haven't played it online though. But the single-player for the most part was a blast. But what does that have to with lair...which has  2500+ soldiers on ground, and then over 100 enemies in the air.  I know Lost Planet had those flying things that looked like fish in high numbers but that doesn't even compare to what LAir is offering.

Fruity_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Fruity_Fantasy
[QUOTE="Fruity_Fantasy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

If you haven't played it or the game hasn't been released yet we don't know what that crap is ^. They are keeping way too much under raps with the Ps3, Warhawk being only a multiplayer game and you would of thought it was suppose to be released like now?

2.It looks really good, better than most  360 and PS3 titles.  You can use your eyes for that.
5. For someone hyping Too Human, i'm suprised your such a doubter, considering  how bad that game looks. Why not hype Mass Effect, or Bioshock?

I'm not hyping Too Human but I think it looks good and should be a lot of fun compared to any Ps3 game that has online support. Lost Planet has more going on , on the screen than MGS4 , a old dude sneaking around with his diapers full to the brim doesn't look too impressive at all, and who knows what part was "just the in-game movie portion". I guess you know though.

MGS4 has nothing on Gears from what I seen. I have to see actual gameplay , not some fly together stuff Kojimma stuffed togehter to sells Ps3s to the naive 

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
the ps3 will never compete with the 360 graphicaly.....well unless the cell is really good at rendering graphics,,which i doubt!
ASKLEIPIOS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ASKLEIPIOS
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts

PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the power25-Automatic

xbox 360 is a better machine overall.more ram,better gpu in everything ang a very good cpu.

also cell doesn't help rsx that way it helps him with the problem of having only 8 vertex shaders

pipelines or in other words in rendering verticles.You sould know that only 6 ''cells'' are left for the devs

not 8 and if you count out the sound one their only 5 left.only xbox can have more video memory

cause of the u.m.a.plus 160sops >>> 130 ,500 million triangles/s >>> 333.3 ,shader model 3.0+ > 3.0

48x4 ops >> 32x5.7ops . You sould now that when devs come to a point that they need all (only) 5 spe's

for AI(biosock/UT3) and physics(alan wake) the rsx gpu will be all alone for the grfx infront of the beast

named xenos.OH,DID I METION 10MB OF EDRAM >>>>>> NONE.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 daveg1
Resistance looks better than Call of Duty IMO.  And also, I don't understand why people don't think Heavenly Sword looks amazing.  I just don't get it.  The animations, effects, physics, textures, everything.CR00K
sorry but resistence doesnt look much better than black let alone call of duty!
Avatar image for PS4ItachiUchiaS
PS4ItachiUchiaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PS4ItachiUchiaS
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

*See's lair, Rachent and clant and MSG4 alpha and nods*

Alpha version of Lair alone is to make people say Wow

SEE KILLZONE 2 NOT CGI

Fakeboy

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="Fruity_Fantasy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

2.It looks really good, better than most 360 and PS3 titles. You can use your eyes for that.
5. For someone hyping Too Human, i'm suprised your such a doubter, considering how bad that game looks. Why not hype Mass Effect, or Bioshock?

I'm not hyping Too Human but I think it looks good and should be a lot of fun compared to any Ps3 game that has online support. Lost Planet has more going on , on the screen than MGS4 , a old dude sneaking around with his diapers full to the brim doesn't look too impressive at all, and who knows what part was "just the in-game movie portion". I guess you know though.

MGS4 has nothing on Gears from what I seen. I have to see actual gameplay , not some fly together stuff Kojimma stuffed togehter to sells Ps3s to the naive

1.  THIS IS ACTUAL GAMEPLAY- :lol: but its still  fly.
2. There alot of  fun  PS3 games with  online support. :lol: that just sounded childish.
3. MEtal gEAr solid 2 and 3 were both impressive games graphically and2 even got a ten in that area, so you may not find it impressive but other people certainly do.
4. No the only in-game movie portion was the close-up of young snake, yes the story is better than Gears.
5. Metal GEar solid 4 looks better than Lost Planet, i've played the game and it looks great. But Metal GEar Solid 4's physics blow Lost Planets out of the water. Adding the to fact that there is just as much going on in Metal GEar solid 4 that in Lost Planet, once you consider the huge battle your in when 2 armies are fighting. Its that simple.
6. Too Human,  :(. Well  hopefully it wil turn out  to be another great SK game.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 daveg1
[QUOTE="Fruity_Fantasy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="Fruity_Fantasy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

2.It looks really good, better than most 360 and PS3 titles. You can use your eyes for that.
5. For someone hyping Too Human, i'm suprised your such a doubter, considering how bad that game looks. Why not hype Mass Effect, or Bioshock?

MGS4 has nothing on Gears from what I seen. I have to see actual gameplay , not some fly together stuff Kojimma stuffed togehter to sells Ps3s to the naive

1.  THIS IS ACTUAL GAMEPLAY- :lol: but its still  fly.
2. There alot of  fun  PS3 games with  online support. :lol: that just sounded childish.
3. MEtal gEAr solid 2 and 3 were both impressive games graphically and2 even got a ten in that area, so you may not find it impressive but other people certainly do.
4. No the only in-game movie portion was the close-up of young snake, yes the story is better than Gears.
5. Metal GEar solid 4 looks better than Lost Planet, i've played the game and it looks great. But Metal GEar Solid 4's physics blow Lost Planets out of the water. Adding the to fact that there is just as much going on in Metal GEar solid 4 that in Lost Planet, once you consider the huge battle your in when 2 armies are fighting. Its that simple.
6. Too Human,  :(. Well  hopefully it wil turn out  to be another great SK game.

sorry but when have you played mgs4???
iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67 iMacBot
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

[QUOTE="25-Automatic"]PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the power-KinGz-

WTF....? are u serious? first of all 360 gpu > ps3, 1gbGPU? do u know how a gpu works? my god...

KinGz: This idiot forgot that the Cell Broadband Engine calculates graphics instantly as well, no need for mem. Get your info next time!

PS3 is better than XBOX 360 case closed. Just give it some time. The 8 processors are really flexible to do anything. PS3 will also outlast XBOX 360, that's what matters! 

Avatar image for PS4ItachiUchiaS
PS4ItachiUchiaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PS4ItachiUchiaS
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.-KinGz-

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

HAHHA you you 360 fanboy wow don't even bother with ths guy.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?vidiofreak

Liar does look good, but its no Gears of War. Gears of war's draw distance is alot better. And the wave effects on Liar arent so good. If you watch the new gameplay footage for it you'll know what I'm talking about. Yes Liar does look great, but Gears looks better.

Draw distance. That's a funny thing to say. 

SilverGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SilverGamer99
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
[QUOTE="BackFlip101"][QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?MTBare

Liar does look good, but its no Gears of War. Gears of war's draw distance is alot better. And the wave effects on Liar arent so good. If you watch the new gameplay footage for it you'll know what I'm talking about. Yes Liar does look great, but Gears looks better.

And whats great is that Lair is still in its Alpha stage

Rofl no it's not. 

Rofl yes it is:|

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Redfingers

Resistance looks better than Call of Duty IMO. And also, I don't understand why people don't think Heavenly Sword looks amazing. I just don't get it. The animations, effects, physics, textures, everything.CR00K

My PC sports a better looking Call of Duty 2 image than the 360. My PC has 3.0 ghz P4 with 1 gig of RAM and a 7800 GS AGP. Therefore, Call of Duty is nothing to be excited about on the 360.

Resistance, which I played yesterday, eats that game, as well as Call of Duty 3, alive. No FPS on the 360 matches it. 

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

[QUOTE="CR00K"]Resistance looks better than Call of Duty IMO. And also, I don't understand why people don't think Heavenly Sword looks amazing. I just don't get it. The animations, effects, physics, textures, everything.-KinGz-

Thats call of duty 2, but COD3>Resistance (Except multiplayer) 

Your joking right? Ive played COD3 on every system and its crap. A few levels look good, but there are some that look like its being play off an xbox or ps2. COD2>COD3

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Redfingers
[QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="BackFlip101"][QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?SilverGamer99

And whats great is that Lair is still in its Alpha stage

Rofl no it's not.

Rofl yes it is:|

He is correct. According to IGN, Lair is in Alpha and so is Ratchet and Clank according to an interview with Insomniac done by PSU.com.

Let me cite these figures again, for monotony's sake.

Lair's maps are 32x32 kilometers large with 25,000 soldiers with progressive mesh and fluid dynamics. According to the developer, there are "so many animations and so much physics" that it would be impossible on any other platform. Additionally, progressive mesh and fluid dynamics are impossible on any other console than the PS3.

And somehow Gears beats it? Especially with regards to....DRAW DISTANCES? All right, maybe you could have made a case for textures (if you were speaking of character models specifically) but considering that Lair compares to and often surpasses Gears even in that respect and bends it over and penetrates its bum with regards to draw distances, map size, various physics features and Cell-based calculations, and number of units on screen along with AI...

You cannot even speak of Gears comparing to Lair. Especially because the Lair developer considers Unreal Engine 3 "limited." LOL. 

Avatar image for Radeon_X1950XTX
Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Radeon_X1950XTX
Member since 2006 • 1055 Posts

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
first of all Cell on PS3, 1 SPE get deactivated and 1 is reserved for OS, meaning 6 SPE is for games,
also 360 GPU>>>>PS3 GPU and thats without the EDRAM,
also if cell helps with graphics, than its going to comprimise on physics, ai, ect

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Redfingers
Look above you for some specs that clash with your understanding of the PS3.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

:lol:

yes, watch the new gameplay footage pls.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts
[QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?SambaLele

:lol:

yes, watch the new gameplay footage pls.

also, lair is on alpha stage. doesn't lemmings like to use this to help Halo 3 from being a deception? so, why isn't it a valid argument to say that Lair is probably going to look a lot better when released? 

Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Radeon_X1950XTX
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="25-Automatic"]PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the poweriMacBot

KinGz: This idiot forgot that the Cell Broadband Engine calculates graphics instantly as well, no need for mem. Get your info next time!

PS3 is better than XBOX 360 case closed. Just give it some time. The 8 processors are really flexible to do anything. PS3 will also outlast XBOX 360, that's what matters! 

ps3 only has 6 SPE's for games,

ps2 had 1 year headstart, when xbox launched, xbox had better graphics since

if cell helps with graphics, than cell will be weaker as a cpu 

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Why do people insist on posting pictures of games running on their TV?  It's pointless.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Teuf_

if cell helps with graphics, than cell will be weaker as a cpu

Radeon_X1950XTX

The Cell has enough power to help with graphics  and do more CPU functions.  One SPE has as much floating point power as a single core of the Xenon.

Radeon_X1950XTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Radeon_X1950XTX
[QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"]

Teufelhuhn

The Cell has enough power to help with graphics  and do more CPU functions.  One SPE has as much floating point power as a single core of the Xenon.

LOL
20% of game calculations is floating point pwerformance,
Xenon  1 Tflops
cell       1.5Tflops
cell 6SPE

your telling me 1 spe has as much floating point than 1 core on xenon

lol!

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Teuf_

yeah thats why other developers are using unreal engine 3 for its ''limits'' right. :roll:

venture00

Devs don't use UE3 because its amazing in every way, they use it because it lets them get a game off the ground quicker without having to spend a year or so developing a graphics engine.  Any game that uses a custom engine designed specifically for either the 360 or the PS3 will be capable of a lot more.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts
never, the console is much newer, the game designers have had there chance to impress with all the release games and they havent at all.you can all wait for mgs4 to come out and compare it to halo or freaking hitman 2, but for a console that expensive and late i'd expect those AAA games on release day.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Teuf_
[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"]

Radeon_X1950XTX

The Cell has enough power to help with graphics and do more CPU functions. One SPE has as much floating point power as a single core of the Xenon.

LOL
Xenon 1 Tflops
cell 1.5Tflops
cell 6SPE

lol!

WTF, where did you get any of those numbers from?  They're all wrong. 

And yes, an spe has as much fp power as a Xenon core.  That's what they're designed to do: fp calculations.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
these threads bring out all the ignorant hillbilly folks.. always good for a laugh.
iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 iMacBot
[QUOTE="iMacBot"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="25-Automatic"]PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the powerRadeon_X1950XTX

Dude, are you retarded? Each processor has a clock frequency of 3.4Ghz. Most games use no more than 2 processors, except for the Sony ones. That allows so much power. Visit www.us.playstation.com to get educated. 

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="Fruity_Fantasy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="Fruity_Fantasy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.daveg1

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

1. THIS IS ACTUAL GAMEPLAY- :lol: but its still fly.
2. There alot of fun PS3 games with online support. :lol: that just sounded childish.
6. Too Human, :(. Well hopefully it wil turn out to be another great SK game.

sorry but when have you played mgs4???

I haven't, thats why were talking about the TGS GAMEPLAY TRAILER........

your telling me you read the whole convo, and thats the best you could come up with?

BrownWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 BrownWalrus
Member since 2005 • 3467 Posts
Hasn't the PS3 already proven to be extremely powerfull with Oblivion/Lair? Especially considering that it has still only been out for a couple of months.
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts

Hasn't the PS3 already proven to be extremely powerfull with Oblivion/Lair? Especially considering that it has still only been out for a couple of months. BrownWalrus

Well if your saying that Lair shows off the PS3's power. Than the PS3 isnt very powerful. Gears of War looks so much better than Lair. And Yes Oblivion does look amazing, but its also been in the works for a year longer than the 360 version. And with the update that came out for the 360, they are about even now. Your saying lair shows off the PS3 power. No one has played it yet. PS3 fanboys used that arguiment with Motorstorm. "OMG LOOK AT THE VIDEOS, PS3 OWNS 360's GRAPHICS!!!". After motorstorm came out, The fanboys stopped talking about it because it wasnt that great of a game. PS3 fanboys make me very angry because their arguiments are always so wrong

And for the xbox 360 fanboys who said MGS4 looks like crap. yeah, your also an idiot. Those screens arent as good as Gears of War. But even if the game isnt the greatest game graphically, the storyline will be insane. Gears of war didnt even have that in depth of a storyline. Yes GOW's story and single player was crazy. But compare it to he storyline of MGS. Doesnt stand a chance.

See, I'll argue with what I dont agree with. I cant stand fanboys. You have to be open minded about everything. If I said Lair looks like crap. I'd be lying. But if I said Lair's graphics were better than Gears. I would be lying. If Lair has a great story behind its single player. Then it'll probably be better than Gears. Gears was an amazing game. But single player lacked an amazing story.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#92 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

Naw, Gears looks good to be sure... but Lair is already looking better if you watch the new vids in HD. This thread is kind of stupid though as there are already plenty of games on the PS3 that look as good or better than the majority of games on the 360.

iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 iMacBot
[QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?Sgt_Hale

Naw, Gears looks good to be sure... but Lair is already looking better if you watch the new vids in HD. This thread is kind of stupid though as there are already plenty of games on the PS3 that look as good or better than the majority of games on the 360.

Agreed. Standing ovation! 

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 vidiofreak
Plenty of games look better than 360's games? Name 5?  Other than Oblivion, all multiplatform games look better on the 360. Resistance does look good, but not compared to GeOW. What else is there?  Motorstorm?  Theres really nothing to compare it to. It looks good, But it recieved average reviews. And no one talks about it anymore, so it obviously wasnt that great of a game.
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
Plenty of games look better than 360's games? Name 5?  Other than Oblivion, all multiplatform games look better on the 360. Resistance does look good, but not compared to GeOW. What else is there?  Motorstorm?  Theres really nothing to compare it to. It looks good, But it recieved average reviews. And no one talks about it anymore, so it obviously wasnt that great of a game.vidiofreak
true. oblivion and fight night look better than the 360 counterparts because of longer dev times. everything else looks a bit worse on ps3. lair is looking good so far but other than that nothing else comes close to gears
dumfart66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 dumfart66
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts
[QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="iMacBot"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="25-Automatic"]PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the poweriMacBot

Dude, are you retarded? Each processor has a clock frequency of 3.4Ghz. Most games use no more than 2 processors, except for the Sony ones. That allows so much power. Visit www.us.playstation.com to get educated.

Your a complete and utter moron. IBM itself has said the cell will not do as good as sony said it did, and its all theory. Why, OF ALL THE REASONS, would i go to sony's site for how the thing works when it has been shown they have no idea what they are talking about. And don't "sony made the software lolz, they knowz how it works" because they don't and didn't. IMB made the cell, sony uses it. Its like if you said since you had a nuclear bomb you would know how it works, just because you have it does not mean you know **** about it.

shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

I hate getting into these arguments because graphical superiority is both purely opinionated and circumstantial. What I mean is whether or not a game looks better is a question of perception or preference (opinion). Saying that a game looks better than another game as fact is like saying a color is better than another color or a woman is more beautiful than another. Halle Berry might be ranked one in the "100 Most Beautiful Women" article of some magazine, but I still believe Salma Hayek is miles above her. It's not something to fight or flame someone over.

Graphics are also very circumstantial. Not every game is on the same scale. A game like Lair shows off miles of terrain and soldiers on each level from thousands of feet in the air, to 10 feet off the ground. Gears of War shows at most seven guys in a hallway. Both games look realistic and make what they show believable, but the scales are totally different.

In response to the question of the thread, I think the only game on 360 that looks better than anything on PS3 is Gears of War. Resistance, the videos I've seen of Lair, and especially Motorstorm look better than everything I've seen on 360 currently or on the horizon. Again, this is just some guy's opinion, so you can't get bent over my personal thoughts.

ASKLEIPIOS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ASKLEIPIOS
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts
[QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"][QUOTE="Radeon_X1950XTX"]

Teufelhuhn

The Cell has enough power to help with graphics and do more CPU functions. One SPE has as much floating point power as a single core of the Xenon.

LOL
Xenon 1 Tflops
cell 1.5Tflops
cell 6SPE

lol!

WTF, where did you get any of those numbers from?  They're all wrong. 

And yes, an spe has as much fp power as a Xenon core.  That's what they're designed to do: fp calculations.

the mumbers are very true.but the 1.5 Tflops are only achivable by using all 8 spe.ps3 uses only 5 spe's for gaming physics, AI and visuals.Also how can you say that something that does 1 thread is better than something that does 2(remember that each core of xenon is dual threated).Another thing that you dont anderstand is that cell won't always be able of asisting rsx because games will need more spe's for physics and AI(about 2 for each) and then only one will be there asisting rsx for visuals and then things will be bad for rsx alone.in the other hand we have a gpu that it doesn't need that much the asist of the cpu(xenos+xenon) but xenon is still able of asisting with one full core(2 threads not 1) for visuals (lightning etc.) and still having 2 cores (4 threads )for AI and physics.cell it's not dual threated xenon is,that's something that lots of people dont know and they think like that 6cores>3 but it's like 6=6 or even better for 360.

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 vidiofreak

I hate getting into these arguments because graphical superiority is both purely opinionated and circumstantial. What I mean is whether or not a game looks better is a question of perception or preference (opinion). Saying that a game looks better than another game as fact is like saying a color is better than another color or a woman is more beautiful than another. Halle Berry might be ranked one in the "100 Most Beautiful Women" article of some magazine, but I still believe Salma Hayek is miles above her. It's not something to fight or flame someone over.

Graphics are also very circumstantial. Not every game is on the same scale. A game like Lair shows off miles of terrain and soldiers on each level from thousands of feet in the air, to 10 feet off the ground. Gears of War shows at most seven guys in a hallway. Both games look realistic and make what they show believable, but the scales are totally different.

In response to the question of the thread, I think the only game on 360 that looks better than anything on PS3 is Gears of War. Resistance, the videos I've seen of Lair, and especially Motorstorm look better than everything I've seen on 360 currently or on the horizon. Again, this is just some guy's opinion, so you can't get bent over my personal thoughts.

shady_825

I agree with what you say... kinda...

I think saying one game looks better than another is speaking the truth. That is only if theres no fanboyness blocking your perception. Liar looks good in terms of depth and what goes on, on the screen at once. But if you compare the graphics of one single thing to one single thing on gears. Its easy to see that gears of war has the better graphics. If you compare Lair's graphics to Ninety Nine Nights in terms of graphics + enemies on screen at once. Lair will win. And Lair would even beat Gears in that category because Lair didnt focus on Draw distance, and the graphics of a single character model. Gears of war only had your right, 7 enemies or players on the screen at once depending on the enemy type. Which lets them focus on draw distance, the graphics of every character model and the graphics of the entire enviroment. If gears of war wanted to have hundreds of enemies on the screen at once, I know the graphics wouldnt of been as good.

So saying a game has better graphics, and theres no fanboyness blocking your perception, then your probably right.

In responce to Resistance, Lair, and Motorstorm. Call of duty 2, if you compare graphics, would beat out Resistance. I dont think you can compare Motorstorm to anything on the 360. Theres no game like it. If you just want to compare racing games. Then PGR3's graphics on the car models are much better. But theres a reason behind this. Motorstorm focus's on alot of the enviroment, and damage to cars. PGR3 has to only focus on the set course of the track, and the cars. No damage. And I believe in Motorstorm, you can kinda choose your own path. But if you want to compare it to offroad games, Motorstorm has no competition. And with lair, if you want to compare it to games of flight. It also has no competition.

Opinion on graphics plays a big part. But if someone looks at a PS2 game, and sais it looks better than an Xbox 360 games. Sometimes opinions are biased and dont look at the truth.

I'm not trying to diss Lair, I think in terms of what goes on at once, it definatly beats Gears. Single player will probably be more detailed in terms of story than gears. But just character models and the graphics of the draw distance. Gears would win. And honestly, if Lair is as good as everyone is saying it will be. I might have to get a PS3 once it drops down in price. I wont have to wait for MGS4.