when will the ps3 compete graphically with the 360

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

carsales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 carsales
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

I have a ps3 and I love it. IT makes a great blu rya player. But there's no game graphically better than what's on ps3

25-Automatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 25-Automatic
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the power
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
This thread is stupid, it is, not 100% but who the **** cares? ooooh some textures are blurred on that segment of grass...NOOOO!
vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vidiofreak
Member since 2003 • 427 Posts

Lair?Wanderer5

Liar does look good, but its no Gears of War. Gears of war's draw distance is alot better. And the wave effects on Liar arent so good. If you watch the new gameplay footage for it you'll know what I'm talking about. Yes Liar does look great, but Gears looks better.

B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
Ever heard of motorstorm?
CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 CR00K
Member since 2006 • 2657 Posts
Resistance looks better than Call of Duty IMO.  And also, I don't understand why people don't think Heavenly Sword looks amazing.  I just don't get it.  The animations, effects, physics, textures, everything.
BackFlip101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BackFlip101
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?vidiofreak

Liar does look good, but its no Gears of War. Gears of war's draw distance is alot better. And the wave effects on Liar arent so good. If you watch the new gameplay footage for it you'll know what I'm talking about. Yes Liar does look great, but Gears looks better.

And whats great is that Lair is still in its Alpha stage

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

bad wave effects? lair as the best wave effects on any CONSOLE. how could gears have better draw distances? lair has enormous enviroments with no pop up form what i can tell. ontopic it already is competing and will start surpassing soon

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the power25-Automatic

WTF....? are u serious? first of all 360 gpu > ps3, 1gbGPU? do u know how a gpu works? my god... 

MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
[QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?BackFlip101

Rofl no it's not. 

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CR00K

Are you serious?  Maybe there's something I've been missing out on.
silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts
PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the power25-Automatic
  WoW :? dude the 360's GPU is more powerful. Cows tell your fellow cow that he's really wrong. :P 
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -KinGz-

Resistance looks better than Call of Duty IMO. And also, I don't understand why people don't think Heavenly Sword looks amazing. I just don't get it. The animations, effects, physics, textures, everything.CR00K

Thats call of duty 2, but COD3>Resistance (Except multiplayer) 

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
[QUOTE="BackFlip101"][QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?MTBare

Rofl no it's not. 

rofl yes it is

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -KinGz-
[QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?BackFlip101

A game coming in 8 weeks alpha?... pretty fishy. 

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CR00K

Rofl no it's not. 

Yeah, you're right.  The devs are lying to us.
silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts
i did not notice how good PGR 3 looks. i might pick it up, it looks comparable to GT HD :D
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MTBare
[QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="BackFlip101"][QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?CR00K

Rofl no it's not.

Yeah, you're right. The devs are lying to us.

Link me to where the devs are saying that lair is still in it's alpha stage. If it indeed is in it's alpha stage, then you're definitely not going to be seeing that game released in two months.. 

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CR00K

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?-KinGz-

A game coming in 8 weeks alpha?... pretty fishy. 

Well maybe there are some HUGE finishing touches they will be doing that we don't know about.  You never know.  We'll just have to see when the game comes I suppose.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Here...let your blindness be cured

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

You have no idea what you're talking about.
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts
wow thats some awful screens you showing.lol..im glad ps3 is more capable of doin better..a million times better..i remember when lemming got owned when oblivion for the ps3 runs and look better then 360 version..oh yeah and kameo sucks lol
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about. The Cell helping out the GPU won't allow it to act as if it has any more memory. At all. Ghz and GBs are two completely different things. 

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CR00K
[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="BackFlip101"][QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

Rofl no it's not.

Link me to where the devs are saying that lair is still in it's alpha stage. If it indeed is in it's alpha stage, then you're definitely not going to be seeing that game released in two months.. 

I didn't feel like looking for it but you can see clearly in this link that it was said. 
jsnepo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jsnepo
Member since 2003 • 1593 Posts
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.
NamanOWNSyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NamanOWNSyou
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts

Well, given time, PS3 games will look surpass what X360 has to offer, you can't look at graphics just by taking a look at a screenshot.

Graphics depend on how big a level is, what is going on, AI, this and that, physics, etc.  Of course, you can have one single room rendered with AMAZING graphics, but that is cramming the potential of a fair looking bigger map.  

And when someone says X360 GPU > PS3 GPU, you do know that that is only for games that use certain technologies (nvidia vs ati)?  If we just switched it to a Nvidia specific game, the PS3 GPU would render something better than an ATi GPU.

Overall, we can't compare GPUs, nor graphics.  Programming is too different.  Hardware is different.  Games are different.  

Live and learn.  /thread 

CR00K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CR00K
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.jsnepo
  Agreed.  Especially MGS4.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts

:roll: :lol:
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MTBare
[QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="BackFlip101"][QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]Lair?CR00K

Rofl no it's not.

I didn't feel like looking for it but you can see clearly in this link that it was said.

Lol no I can't.. That's just talking about random pictures. Lair is not in it's alpha stage. 

NamanOWNSyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NamanOWNSyou

[QUOTE="25-Automatic"]PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU. MGS 4 and Lair will show the powerTheSystemLord1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Here...let your blindness be cured

The Inquirer is a terrible source, and Evil Avatar is a forum.  Provide better links next time.  Some with actual specified engineers talking big--oh wait, they don't.  They know forums are nonsense. 

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
PS3 GPU is better than 360. Do you know why PS3 GPU is 256MB ? because 8 cells can help the GPU and it can be like 1GB GPU.r25-Automatic
That's the most insane thing I've ever read.  Seriously, where did you come up with that?
BackFlip101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BackFlip101
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="BackFlip101"][QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

Rofl no it's not.

http://www.psu.com/node/9743

Teh ownage!!1!

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vidiofreak

wow thats some awful screens you showing.lol..im glad ps3 is more capable of doin better..a million times better..i remember when lemming got owned when oblivion for the ps3 runs and look better then 360 version..oh yeah and kameo sucks lol
elementz28

If there were a game for the PS3, that came out on the 360 a year later. If it didnt look better on the 360, I'd be dissapointed. Oblivion was in the works for the PS3 a year longer. Im glad it looks better on the PS3. Its had more time.

Rifle76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rifle76
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts
[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="BackFlip101"][QUOTE="vidiofreak"]

Rofl no it's not.

Lol no I can't.. That's just talking about random pictures. Lair is not in it's alpha stage. 

From IGN:

One of the biggest lingering questions about Lair right now is its current status and expected release date, so we'll get that right out of the way. The version we saw was an alpha build, but it sounds like the game is pretty close to making it to beta. Factor 5 says that its development process makes for a quick progression from the "first alpha" to the final finished form, and that we can expect to see Lair on store shelves this July. Indeed, dragon battles on our PlayStation 3s are a mere three months away.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/780/780120p1.html

iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 iMacBot
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

It does already. Game corporations are too lazy to understand how to adapt their games to the Cell Broadband Engine. Look at the Sony games and PlayStation exclusives, their graphics own XBOX 360 by a milestone! It's just a matter of time for the multi-platform guys to get the graphics better.

Remember the graphics of the first PS2 games? Compare them to the later PS2 games. Exactly. They keep getting better! Now take the XBOX 360 which was realeased a year before the PS3... Even as the graphics are getting better on XBOX 360 since it's realease, the PS3's lauch titles outperformed the XBOX 360 graphics and sound one year after its realease. The problem is Blu-Ray. Adapting games to Blu-Ray is very expensive AT THE MOMENT, so many game have to be multi-platform in order for the video game corporations to actually make profits. Eventually, on the long run, PS3 will beat XBOX 360, no doubt about it. Remember PS2 vs. Dreamcast a decade ago? Everyone was getting the Dreamcast but eventually the PS2 "boomed" its sales.

Nintendo has a complete different market than Microsoft and Sony. PS3 will surpass XBOX 360 before 2010 for sure. People like games with technological gameplay advancements, which the 7 alternate processors of the PS3 can support. Blu-ray will gain more market share also over HD-DVD becausae companies like Apple, Sony, Panasonic, Paramount, Universal (music), MGM, Alliance Atlantis, and many more are supporting the technology. HD-DVD is only supported by Microsoft and Toshiba.

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vidiofreak

Ever heard of motorstorm?B1ACK_MAGE

Yeah, played it 2. The problem is, it wasnt so great

Fruity_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fruity_Fantasy
Member since 2007 • 778 Posts

Ps3 is obviously not easy to program for, SO when they spend a whole lot of time with it, it will most likely get better. But who other than first party software will want to do that if the Ps3 don't start selling more.

Motorstorm is not a awful looking game, but it gets boring pretty quicky as do Resistance and it looks like Lair will be the same. There obviously is more of a learning curve involved with making for the PS3 than the 360.

NamanOWNSyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NamanOWNSyou

It does already. Game corporations are too lazy to understand how to adapt their games to the Cell Broadband Engine. Look at the Sony games and PlayStation exclusives, their graphics own XBOX 360 by a milestone! It's just a matter of time for the multi-platform guys to get the graphics better.

Remember the graphics of the first PS2 games? Compare them to the later PS2 games. Exactly. They keep getting better! Now take the XBOX 360 which was realeased a year before the PS3... Even as the graphics are getting better on XBOX 360 since it's realease, the PS3's lauch titles outperformed the XBOX 360 graphics and sound one year after its realease. The problem is Blu-Ray. Adapting games to Blu-Ray is very expensive AT THE MOMENT, so many game have to be multi-platform in order for the video game corporations to actually make profits. Eventually, on the long run, PS3 will beat XBOX 360, no doubt about it. Remember PS2 vs. Dreamcast a decade ago? Everyone was getting the Dreamcast but eventually the PS2 "boomed" its sales.

Nintendo has a complete different market than Microsoft and Sony. PS3 will surpass XBOX 360 before 2010 for sure. People like games with technological gameplay advancements, which the 7 alternate processors of the PS3 can support. Blu-ray will gain more market share also over HD-DVD becausae companies like Apple, Sony, Panasonic, Paramount, Universal (music), MGM, Alliance Atlantis, and many more are supporting the technology. HD-DVD is only supported by Microsoft and Toshiba.

iMacBot

Thank you.   

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
elementz28

what do u mean with so much better? a little bit better textures and drawdistance?,for a year of extra development should look a lot more better but i doesnt :roll: , not even on par with the medium setting on pc.. shivering isles(xbox360) looks so much better than the ps3 version..
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MTBare
WTF?!? That doesn't make sense, 2 months from alpha to gold? We'll see.. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed.
Endfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Endfinal
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
Why are you posting pics of offscreen VGA HD pics?
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -KinGz-

[QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.CR00K
Agreed. Especially MGS4.

Which aren't games that aren't out, go figure, and GTHD is a demo, I see no point adding it,by the time those come out 360 will have better looking games already, and Lair doesn't look better than those game, neither heavenly sword, but then again they aren't out and MGS4 is not even ready to show itself I can't count it in either.

vidiofreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vidiofreak

iMacBot

Well the PS3's launch wasnt good at all. And the PS3 vs Xbox 360 is alot different than the PS2 vs Dreamcast. The 360 has better graphics so far. And better games. Developers are going Multiplatform because staying with the PS3 wouldnt be good for the game. Not dissing the PS3, because I will eventually get one when it goes down in price. But right now, it is getting beat by the 360 and the wii.

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -KinGz-

iMacBot

360 will always have a year over the ps3, and no playstation or sony games look better than the games listed, and by the way Kameo and PDZ >>>>>>>>>>>>> Resistance. (graphic wise)

mis3ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mis3ry
Member since 2004 • 5664 Posts
Dude, don't use offscreen shots. You're self-owning yourself.. everyone knows offscreen shots look way better than actual shots.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.-KinGz-

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

Which aren't games that aren't out, go figure, and GTHD is a demo, I see no point adding it,by the time those come out 360 will have better looking games already, and Lair doesn't look better than those game, neither heavenly sword, but then again they aren't out and MGS4 is not even ready to show itself I can't count it in either.

Metal Gear Soilid 4: guns of the patriots gameplay was already shown and looks better than mostly anything out on either PS3 or 360.

So you can definately count it.

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 -KinGz-
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.Adrian_Cloud

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

Metal Gear Soilid 4: guns of the patriots gameplay was already shown and looks better than mostly anything out on either PS3 or 360.

It doesn't, are telling me that looks better thn GeOW?, it probably WILL but right now I can't count it in cuz it lookslike CRAP.

Fruity_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fruity_Fantasy
Member since 2007 • 778 Posts

iMacBot

Isn't it wonderful to have a opinion?

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="CR00K"][QUOTE="jsnepo"]Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction comes to mind. Add to that Lair, Heavenly Sword, GTHD, and of course MGS4.-KinGz-

Agreed. Especially MGS4.

It doesn't, are telling me that looks better thn GeOW?, it probably WILL but right now I can't count it in cuz it lookslike CRAP.

Better texture, better character models, greater destrucatable enviroments, as time goes on so will the list in where MGS4 passes Gears. Regardelss of which one looks better, thos graphics are a ten; no doubt about it. Those screens are alpha, just like Lair and they already crush the major competition on Ps3 and 360. I'm sorry, buts its not really a competition when games that are just alpha look just as good, or come very close to matching 360 graphical show piece. 

Maybe when Alan Wake comes out then this topic will be valid.