What's your biggest gaming disappointment this year?

• 97 results
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58971 Posts

Hello. Bought this game "Fallen Order", heard everyone fippy-fapping to it furiously as Starwars games back on point, up there with the best.

Upon playing it, been deeply underwhelming, choc-a-block full of bad design, poor engine optimization and more bugs than, something.

The story is Rebels, and doesn't actually equate to anything in the end, huge waste of time.

The Joker actor is good though.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Doom Eternal forced QTE kills, out of place platforming ect.. I miss old Doom without stupid glory kills.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Easily TLOU2, yikes.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

RE3R. What a mess of a game. Literally unplayable garbage.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#6 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Probably Fallout 76 Wastelanders. Granted, the bar was very low but they still managed to deliver a subpar experience.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24923 Posts
@warmblur said:

Doom Eternal forced QTE kills, out of place platforming ect.. I miss old Doom without stupid glory kills.

come on my friend, you were never a Doom fan. i never seen you praise older Dooms anyways.

anyways, my biggest disappointment this year is Half life alyx itself instead valve should have made traditional Half life 3 we fans have been waiting for it. Half life 2 still talked to this day and Alyx is forgotten.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Final Fantasy Dissidia NT.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

No E3

Every game show apart from MS July show has been bang average

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

E3 getting cancelled. It just hasn’t been the same without it. 😞

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

XCOM: Chimera Squad. Wasn't really expecting much, being a budget game, but they stripped some of the best elements of XCOM out of it.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3056 Posts

@Archangel3371: agreed. And the online only showcases are terrible. Give me a live crowd, live presentations, and the possibility for disaster or glory to occur...or don't bother.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

@ghosts4ever: please your potato pc can’t run Alyx, so stop talking like you have played it...

As to the question, I will also have to go with doom... really don’t like the extreme ammo/health/armor management they introduce and yeah qte kills get old fast...

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Guessing we're bound to see trolls bring up the likely GotY, TLoU2...

My personal biggest disappointment is all of the next-gen reveals. With every new gen, the leaps become less and less. It's understandable, but still sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@joebones5000 said:

The xbox one itself.

Facts. Mine is in my shelf on top of some cardboard boxes its not even hooked up right now get a game **** microsoft.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

AAA industry tripping over themselves to find the next big 'gold mine'. They are no longer interested in making games fun, which really is the essence of video games.

Epic games going: "Hey, here is this free game, aren't we super cool guys?" and then a day after giving a free game they are back to taking games away from us.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

How the hell was it unplayable???........Elaborate.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

TLOU2, without a doubt.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen  Online

@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:

How the hell is it unplayable??? Elaborate......

Unplayable in a sense that its not Resident Evil, but RE6, which is CoD in third person.

1- The dodge mechanic does not belong in a RE game. It fucks up tension when you're surrounded, and that's not good.
2- You had so many bullets on Hardcore that it felt like playing Gears of War. Wtf happened there? RE2R on Hardcore was so much better in the inventory management.
3- Those frogs with claws that jump on you should be an enemy in Gears, not RE. Again, a spammy new enemy designed around the dodge mechanic.
4- All nemesis fights were trash. He was more annoying constantly attacking you when you're just exploring. Mr X was so much better to build tension, and he wasn't annoying.
5- Huge red barrels placed all over the game felt like Lost Planet. Another thing that doesn't make sense in a survivor horror series. Yes, i am aware that they went more action on this one, but here lies the problem.
6- Trash story, characters, bosses and environment.

Coming from RE2R which was my fav game of 2019, we have this abomination that i would rate in the same ballpark as Andromeda. I didn't enjoy a single thing from this game. All of it was a forgettable garbage that isn't even worth $10 on sale.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#22 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I cant really think of anything.

the few games I was looking forward to this year that already released met or exceeded my expectations.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Cant say i was disappointed, but i only stuck with my main games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-63181ff40994a

@hardwenzen said:
@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:

Unplayable in a sense that its not Resident Evil, but RE6, which is CoD in third person.

1- The dodge mechanic does not belong in a RE game. It fucks up tension when you're surrounded, and that's not good.

2- You had so many bullets on Hardcore that it felt like playing Gears of War. Wtf happened there? RE2R on Hardcore was so much better in the inventory management.

3- Those frogs with claws that jump on you should be an enemy in Gears, not RE. Again, a spammy new enemy designed around the dodge mechanic.

4- All nemesis fights were trash. He was more annoying constantly attacking you when you're just exploring. Mr X was so much better to build tension, and he wasn't annoying.

5- Huge red barrels placed all over the game felt like Lost Planet. Another thing that doesn't make sense in a survivor horror series. Yes, i am aware that they went more action on this one, but here lies the problem.

Coming from RE2R which was my fav game of 2019, we have this abomination that i would rate in the same ballpark as Andromeda. I didn't enjoy a single thing from this game. All of it was a forgettable garbage that isn't even worth $10 on sale.

Are you f'en serious?.......the dodge mehanics is what made the game fresh and realistic at the same time. It was rewarding trying to successfully dogde a zombie/dog, while saving ammo, etc. As for the tension, it isn't always easy to dodge.

As for RE2:R.....i'm the complete opposite....i couldn't stand that game. Leons persona was completely ruined in the remake compared to the original, he was more of a pussy that just didn't take charge as a cop.....they ruined his looks too.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

How badly some of the manchildren acted towards The Last of Us Part II leaks and some of the events in the game. You always expect a certain level of sexism , homophobia , anti-SJW , immaturity , toxicity , spoiler-culture , cancel-culture , death threats from gamers and internet dwellers sadly ..... but yikes ..... The Last of Us Part II really exposed a lot of dumbasses and crybabies to a great extent.

What happened to reason , logic , empathy , understanding , fair criticism , and civil discourse?

I mean , part of the fun of System Wars is seeing all the bad takes and immaturity to laugh at it ... but what happened on youtube and twitter and to people that worked on the game (or like the game) was absolutely ridiculous and really sad. It almost doesn't seem real.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69480 Posts

Doom Eternal hands up and down. I couldn't force myself to finish this game.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5251 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

E3 getting cancelled. It just hasn’t been the same without it. 😞

There is something that is missing in virtual or pre-recorded presentations that is found in live presentations. It is just soul-crushing and I pray that things go back to normal by next year.

Modern technology at time can be dehumanizing and the coronavirus pandemic has multiplies it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Damn it I just typed up some shit on two relatively disappointing games this gen, before realizing you said this year lol. This years been great for me, games either met or far exceeded expectations.

Anyways, my ramble.

Was a smooth gen for me in general, much better than last gen as far as disappointments go. Most of the games I was looking forward to turned out good, many even better than I anticipated.

Still, had a couple.

Metal Gear Solid V - Great game, love the mechanics, systems, and level design (for the bases). Marred by structure and balance issues, bloat, lack of difficulty settings and a largely wasted/tedious open world. And while the game most definitely delivers on the open ended sandbox gameplay, there's always that pressure to just knock everyone out and fulton everything that isn't nailed down due to the base building system that has you seeing soldiers as currency. Could have been so much better of a game, and the most frustrating part is that everything is already there. Just needs a different composition. Ground Zeroes serves well as proof of what could have been.

Super Mario Odyssey - Again, great game. My favorite set of mechanics in a 3D Mario game. Might be my favorite mechanics in any platformer. And even the sandbox spaces are great, once you have a thorough knowledge of those levels it's amazing what you can pull off. But the game needed far more of those linear obstacle courses that truly test the player. As great as it feels to freestyle in the sandbox spaces, the mechanics almost feel wasted when there's not enough high pressure challenges. And yeah, no need to pad the game out with a million moons. I'd love to see a Super Mario Odyssey 2, pretty sure we'd have an all time great if they addressed those issues.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen  Online

@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:
@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:

Are you f'en serious?.......the dodge mehanics is what made the game fresh and realistic at the same time. It was rewarding trying to successfully dogde a zombie/dog, while saving ammo, etc. As for the tension, it isn't always easy to dodge.

As for RE2:R.....i'm the complete opposite....i couldn't stand that game. Leons persona was completely ruined in the remake compared to the original, he was more of a pussy that just didn't take charge as a cop.....they ruined his looks too.

Fresh? You must be kidding. In TLOU2 it was well done and an excellent addition. In RE3R it felt like playing an arcade game. What are they gonna bring next? Being able to ride zombies? This is dumb af. Has no place in anything RE. I hated this addition, but even if it wasn't present, the poor level design, so short that it felt like a dlc, no inventory management, etc completely ruined the game for me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Nike_Air said:

How badly some of the manchildren acted towards The Last of Us Part II leaks and some of the events in the game. You always expect a certain level of sexism , homophobia , anti-SJW , immaturity , toxicity , spoiler-culture , cancel-culture , death threats from gamers and internet dwellers sadly ..... but yikes ..... The Last of Us Part II really exposed a lot of dumbasses and crybabies to a great extent.

What happened to reason , logic , empathy , understanding , fair criticism , and civil discourse?

Haha, yep.

Someone legit left the forum over this, twice.

Mean, holy fucking shit. Get a grip.

Like, get it if legit think the game itself is shit, but yea, a lot of them are badly hiding the real reason they hate it hoping you'll be too thick to see through the facade and give them an ounce of credibility.

Having said that no one here, myself included, really had any to begin with, which is great.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen  Online
@vl4d_l3nin said:

XCOM: Chimera Squad. Wasn't really expecting much, being a budget game, but they stripped some of the best elements of XCOM out of it.

Felt to me like a game that was made for phones, and then ported on consoles for some reason.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ConanTheStoner: Eh, just a shitty thread man, wanna rant about MGSV/Odyssey knock yourself out.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

@warmblur: you do realize you can turn glory kills off right? And doom has always had some platforming, how else would you traverse the level?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-63181ff40994a

@hardwenzen said:
@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:
@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:

Fresh? You must be kidding. In TLOU2 it was well done and an excellent addition. In RE3R it felt like playing an arcade game. What are they gonna bring next? Being able to ride zombies? This is dumb af. Has no place in anything RE. I hated this addition, but even if it wasn't present, the poor level design, so short that it felt like a dlc, no inventory management, etc completely ruined the game for me.

It was rushed....it only came out a year after RE2:R........I do agree with some of your points, but hey hopefully RE4:R turns out to be better....

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen  Online

@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:
@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:
@fastnslowww said:

It was rushed....it only came out a year after RE2:R........I do agree with some of your points, but hey hopefully RE4:R turns out to be better....

Yea, but ask yourself this simple question, do we really need a RE4R? They have remastered this damn this one million times across multiple generations. Its perfectly playable as is. Its a waste of time and resources on the Capcom part. Of course its gonna be good. Of course it will sell and get high scores. Of course i'll get it. But its not a needed remake. I would take RE1R in third person any day, especially if they were to add new levels, enemies, bosses so the game doesn't feel too short.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-63181ff40994a

@hardwenzen said:
@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:
@fastnslowww said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yea, but ask yourself this simple question, do we really need a RE4R? They have remastered this damn this one million times across multiple generations. Its perfectly playable as is. Its a waste of time and resources on the Capcom part. Of course its gonna be good. Of course it will sell and get high scores. Of course i'll get it. But its not a needed remake. I would take RE1R in third person any day, especially if they were to add new levels, enemies, bosses so the game doesn't feel too short.

I know i know...but RE4 is such a good game, who doesn't want it with better graphics and new additions, etc. Hopefully Capcom don't **** it up, since the original director isn't a part of the remake. I would kill for a RE1 remake in third person (have you seen the RE4 mod for it? so cool).

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#37 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@hardwenzen:

Resident Evil 3 Remake was great in my opinion. The dodging mechanic was more than welcome and was a key mechanic in the original RE3. Sure, they powered it up a bit more but it actually made the game more fair to play. It might've been short but for the most part, it lived up to what made the original what it was. Which was basically an expansion of RE2 with ties that weave it into the RE2 storyline. I'd hardly put it in the same light as RE6. RE6 didn't just have dodge, you could literally run circles around zombies and do wrestling moves on them. Jill wasn't anywhere near as nimble.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-63181ff40994a

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@hardwenzen:

Resident Evil 3 Remake was great in my opinion. The dodging mechanic was more than welcome and was a key mechanic in the original RE3. Sure, they powered it up a bit more but it actually made the game more fair to play. It might've been short but for the most part, it lived up to what made the original what it was. Which was basically an expansion of RE2 with ties that weave it into the RE2 storyline. I'd hardly put it in the same light as RE6. RE6 didn't just have dodge, you could literally run circles around zombies and do wrestling moves on them. Jill wasn't anywhere near as nimble.

Well said.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11095 Posts

The multiple Cyberpunk delays

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen  Online

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@hardwenzen:

I never played the original, so i came in virgin. It was an abysmal experience from the second Jill leaves her appartment.

RE6 might've had dumbass looking moves, but in RE3R you slow down time after a successful dodge. I mean, how dumb is that for a survival horror game? To me this makes zero sense. Infected parts of TLOU2 (especially the ground zero level) made RE3R look like a low budget indie game with no direction.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

@warmblur: you do realize you can turn glory kills off right? And doom has always had some platforming, how else would you traverse the level?

Doom 1, 2, and 3 had minimal, if any, platforming.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Metro Exodus for me. Despite the early gameplay footage putting me off a bit I was still REALLY looking forward to it as I am a fan of the first two games. It turned out to be a very underwhelming game.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#43 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@hardwenzen:

The original RE3 reused alotta assets from RE2 but you could always tell that it wanted to be something more action-packed. But you know, (hardware limitations) yada, yada, yada.... The end result was something still great but mostly feeding off from RE2's content. Though despite reusing RE2's assets, RE3's story was pretty fast-paced for an old Resident Evil game. From the derailment of the train...to Jill getting infected....fighting Nemesis so many times and Nikolai blowing up the gas station... It was pretty hectic. And of course, Resident Evil was never really known for its storytelling. But there's just something very appealing about zombie games and Resident Evil was still great at building tension and being fun to play.

The new RE3 remake was an aggressive re-imagining and almost completely abandoned the original source material. For purists, it SOUNDS like a nightmare. But after playing the original, I honestly don't blame them for it. If it stayed more true to the original, it would've been more boring and even less memorable than before. You might've still liked it though but apparently current-day Capcom doesn't. When thinking about what direction RE3R took, keep in mind that Jill's storyline starts from the beginning of the Raccoon City crisis and jumps towards the end. So it's only natural that the final moments would end in a bang. Literally.. Sure it would've been scarier if it took its time to flesh out everything but it ultimately would've felt anti-climactic.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By uninspiredcup

Resident Evil 3's remake was bad imo. When remaking a game, generally, at the very least, you want to match or exceed it. This done neither, in fact, it straight up is missing content on an alright tight game.

If anything argue this more so than 2 was deserving a remake.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

Resident Evil 3's remake was bad.

When remaking a game, generally, at the very least, you want to match or exceed it.

This done neither, in fact, it straight up is missing content on an alright tight game.

I think you're being damn generous by just calling it bad. Its a damn abomination. I am so glad i skipped it at launch. Imagine paying $60 for THIS. Sweet Jesus.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 uninspiredcup

@hardwenzen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

When remaking a game, generally, at the very least, you want to match or exceed it.

This done neither, in fact, it straight up is missing content on an alright tight game.

I think you're being damn generous by just calling it bad. Its a damn abomination. I am so glad i skipped it at launch. Imagine paying $60 for THIS. Sweet Jesus.

Mean, subjective here, but if a game has replay value, and most RE games do, generally don't mind if it's 4-5 hours long.

Take that over some padded repetitive Ubisoft shit any day.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen  Online

@uninspiredcup said:
@hardwenzen said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Mean, subjective here, but if a game has replay value, and most RE games do, generally don't mind if it's 4-5 hours long.

Take that over some padded repetitive Ubisoft shit any day.

Well, of course, but nothing felt like that in a good Capcom game, so why can't they just make a quality long RE title? Hopefully RE8 will be just that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@joebones5000 said:

The xbox one itself.

Facts. Mine is in my shelf on top of some cardboard boxes its not even hooked up right now get a game **** microsoft.

What's your gamertag for the 17th time?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

For me no Forza or E3 this year, the internet shows sucked the big one.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1239 Posts

Lets see ...

Mario Odyssey. Mario has never ever controlled better but the cappy gimmicks ... i mean captures... do nothing for me.

Days Gone - what a tedious game. It's basically typical Ubi style game but with zombies and a bike that you can't drive more then 10 feet w/o having to repair/refuel it.

Trover Saves the Universe - it's funny but not very fun to play. I saw some people compare it to the greatness of Astrobot - they should be banned from the internet.

Gears 5 - disappointing on launch, feels like updates have made it worse.