What's the point of buying the xbox one?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CallOfDutyRulez
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CallOfDutyRulez
Member since 2013 • 1602 Posts

It's obvious all the multiplatform games will look and run better on the PS4. Hell, SONY executives had to punch their own nutsacks so that they didn't end up blurting it out and ruining their relationship with 3rd party devs.

Lems: BUT... BUT... BUT HALO, GEARS AND FORZA :cry:

You know what? Every single exclusive game this gen barring the Last of Us sucked massive donkey balls. They all sucked shit. Uncharted, InFamous, Killzone, Forza, Halo, Gears, Alan Wake, LBP, and every other exclusive I haven't mentioned SUCKED ASS. Exclusives are just a piss-poor reason for lems and cows to justify their purchases. It'll be a multiplatform war like this gen. You know it and I know it. 

That said, the PS4 is technically superior while being $100 less. The choice is obvious.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
For your gambling addiction. Ms has had serious hardware troubles with its 2 consoles, Zune flopped and now we have to bite our nails and hope Ms didnt screw up again.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Cool opinion.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
For your gambling addiction. Ms has had serious hardware troubles with its 2 consoles, Zune flopped and now we have to bite our nails and hope Ms didnt screw up again. Heil68
The first XBox was built like a tank. I've never seen one fail...
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Games

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CallOfDutyRulez

Games

dommeus

Inferior multiplats.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

[QUOTE="dommeus"]

Games

CallOfDutyRulez

Inferior multiplats.

Well that pretty much describes the ps3 this entire generation and most of the people here seem to be fine with that. So why is that going to change next gen?
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Eh. Not as funny as your other work. 

Digital Foundry will analyse the multiplats for us down the line. 

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]For your gambling addiction. Ms has had serious hardware troubles with its 2 consoles, Zune flopped and now we have to bite our nails and hope Ms didnt screw up again. superclocked

Power brick had a recall.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

No reason now that they backpedaled.  Was going to be amazing.  Now it's just as trashy as the PS4.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 superclocked
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="Heil68"]For your gambling addiction. Ms has had serious hardware troubles with its 2 consoles, Zune flopped and now we have to bite our nails and hope Ms didnt screw up again. Heil68

Power brick had a recall.

The first XBox didn't have a power brick. I still have my launch XBox in the other room...
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CallOfDutyRulez

[QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

[QUOTE="dommeus"]

Games

Overlord93

Inferior multiplats.

Well that pretty much describes the ps3 this entire generation and most of the people here seem to be fine with that. So why is that going to change next gen?

Because people now realize exclusives mean jackshit. 

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dommeus

[QUOTE="dommeus"]

Games

CallOfDutyRulez

Inferior multiplats.

Games
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Says the guy who supposedly has MS shares :roll: What an idiot :lol:
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CallOfDutyRulez

[QUOTE="dommeus"]

Games

dommeus

Inferior multiplats.

Games

Less games, inferior multiplats AND $100 more expensive. :cry:

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]For your gambling addiction. Ms has had serious hardware troubles with its 2 consoles, Zune flopped and now we have to bite our nails and hope Ms didnt screw up again. superclocked

My xbox 1, the first generation 1 died, it proceeded to shut off during PGR2, i was gutted, i however did buy another one.

Still got it to this day.

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CallOfDutyRulez

Says the guy who supposedly has MS shares :roll: What an idiot :lol:RR360DD

I still do have MS shares. Doesn't mean I'm not a gamer. I buy whichever console suits my needs. I'm gonna buy mostly multiplatform games next gen so I'll pick the console that has superior versions of multiplats.

I know that with lems like you who will take anything microsoft shoved up your rectum, my stocks will be fine.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
to watch you make more post being a butthurt cow
Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Says the guy who supposedly has MS shares :roll: What an idiot :lol:CallOfDutyRulez

I still do have MS shares. Doesn't mean I'm not a gamer. I buy whichever console suits my needs. I'm gonna buy mostly multiplatform games next gen so I'll pick the console that has superior versions of multiplats.

I know that with lems like you who will take anything microsoft shoved up your rectum, my stocks will be fine.

You're not a gamer. 

Wiiyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wiiyou
Member since 2012 • 650 Posts

If only play multiplat...just stick to PC :lol:

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Most multiplat games looked and ran better on the 360 this gen, and plenty of people still bought a PS3.
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

currently more and better games on xbox one then ps4 

xbox live >>> psn sony still can't get that right bricking consoles 

better controller HD RUMBLE >>> Blue Light 

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

The controller, I guess, but that's about it. The PS4 is probably going to get the best multiplat versions.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

It's obvious all the multiplatform games will look and run better on the PS4. Hell, SONY executives had to punch their own nutsacks so that they didn't end up blurting it out and ruining their relationship with 3rd party devs.

Lems: BUT... BUT... BUT HALO, GEARS AND FORZA :cry:

You know what? Every single exclusive game this gen barring the Last of Us sucked massive donkey balls. They all sucked shit. Uncharted, InFamous, Killzone, Forza, Halo, Gears, Alan Wake, LBP, and every other exclusive I haven't mentioned SUCKED ASS. Exclusives are just a piss-poor reason for lems and cows to justify their purchases. It'll be a multiplatform war like this gen. You know it and I know it.

That said, the PS4 is technically superior while being $100 less. The choice is obvious.

CallOfDutyRulez

Whats the point of ANY of your threads?:?

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dommeus

[QUOTE="dommeus"][QUOTE="CallOfDutyRulez"]

Inferior multiplats.

CallOfDutyRulez

Games

Less games, inferior multiplats AND $100 more expensive. :cry:

hahahaha Games
deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

If all you care about is the better multiplats, then why not buy a pc?

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Optical_Order

You know what? Every single exclusive game this gen barring the Last of Us sucked massive donkey balls. They all sucked shit. Uncharted, InFamous, Killzone, Forza, Halo, Gears, Alan Wake, LBP, and every other exclusive I haven't mentioned SUCKED ASS. Exclusives are just a piss-poor reason for lems and cows to justify their purchases. It'll be a multiplatform war like this gen. You know it and I know it.

OneInchMan99

Whats the point of ANY of your threads?:?

He just wants attention because he has no friends and his parents never interacted with him. 

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CallOfDutyRulez

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Says the guy who supposedly has MS shares :roll: What an idiot :lol:Optical_Order

You're not a gamer. 

youfail

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Optical_Order

Still not a gamer. 

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CallOfDutyRulez

Still not a gamer. 

Optical_Order

lol... How so?

CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CallOfDutyRulez

The controller, I guess, but that's about it. The PS4 is probably going to get the best multiplat versions.

Renegade_Fury

Sorry, but people have reported that the DS4 feels like touching boobies. No such praise for the ONE's controller. Unless you're gay, the PS4's controller will be better.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

CallOfDutyRulez

You're not a gamer. 

youfail

I can't see anything in that blurry ass picture.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
This topic applies to any system during a generation. What's the point of buying "X"? With this generation X would be the new Xbox, PS4 or WiiU. What's the point? For me, the reason to get a system is to play games, and if I feel there are enough games compelling enough on a particular system that it's worth the 'price of admission' then I'll choose to get it. If I like Halo and Forza and Gears and the new games look like they've made enough improvements, then why wouldn't I get the system that it takes to play them? If I think DriveClub, Infamous Second Son, or Killzone look good, why wouldn't I get a PS4. If I've been a fan of Mario, Zelda and Metroid games since the NES, why wouldn't I get a WiiU?
CallOfDutyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CallOfDutyRulez

This topic applies to any system during a generation. What's the point of buying "X"? With this generation X would be the new Xbox, PS4 or WiiU. What's the point? For me, the reason to get a system is to play games, and if I feel there are enough games compelling enough on a particular system that it's worth the 'price of admission' then I'll choose to get it. If I like Halo and Forza and Gears and the new games look like they've made enough improvements, then why wouldn't I get the system that it takes to play them? If I think DriveClub, Infamous Second Son, or Killzone look good, why wouldn't I get a PS4. If I've been a fan of Mario, Zelda and Metroid games since the NES, why wouldn't I get a WiiU?Stinger78

Jesus... Do you people NEVER learn? Exclusives are crap. Every single one of them except the Last of Us is utter horse crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
For your gambling addiction. Ms has had serious hardware troubles with its 2 consoles, Zune flopped and now we have to bite our nails and hope Ms didnt screw up again. Heil68
I own a zune...I was young and foolish then :(
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
LOL SO FUNNAY U SAYIN FINGS DAT PEOPLE DISAGREE WIV HAHAHA SO GOOD TROLLING!!!
crazyguy111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts
I don't plan on buying an Xbox one, but multiplatform games will all have about the same graphics next generation (unless its on Wii U.) We have about hit our max potential in terms of graphics. Its hard to determine if a game is on ps3 or ps4, because they both look so good. Ps4, xbox one and even PC gaming will probably all have about the same graphics.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 superclocked

[QUOTE="Stinger78"]This topic applies to any system during a generation. What's the point of buying "X"? With this generation X would be the new Xbox, PS4 or WiiU. What's the point? For me, the reason to get a system is to play games, and if I feel there are enough games compelling enough on a particular system that it's worth the 'price of admission' then I'll choose to get it. If I like Halo and Forza and Gears and the new games look like they've made enough improvements, then why wouldn't I get the system that it takes to play them? If I think DriveClub, Infamous Second Son, or Killzone look good, why wouldn't I get a PS4. If I've been a fan of Mario, Zelda and Metroid games since the NES, why wouldn't I get a WiiU?CallOfDutyRulez

Jesus... Do you people NEVER learn? Exclusives are crap. Every single one of them except the Last of Us is utter horse crap.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I love the exclusives for all systems. From Halo to Starcraft 2, I love them all...
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

No reason now that they backpedaled.  Was going to be amazing.  Now it's just as trashy as the PS4.

GOGOGOGURT
I like this answer
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

X360 dominated ps3 in multiplats and xbl dominated psn in online gaming. xbl is getting massively better (allegedly) and sony added some streaming features but haven't really spoke about psn that much. so what makes u think this gen will be any different. everyone who is getting both consoles r clearly getting the x1 for the only gaming.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#41 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

CallOfDutyRulez

Coolyfett has questions? Are you getting a PS4? If so are you trying to convince MS fans to switch over the Playstation Family??

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AD216

Coolyfett

Coolyfett has questions? Are you getting a PS4? If so are you trying to convince MS fans to switch over the Playstation Family??

did u just refer to urself in the 3rd person??? (rhetorical question) wow
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

[QUOTE="Stinger78"]This topic applies to any system during a generation. What's the point of buying "X"? With this generation X would be the new Xbox, PS4 or WiiU. What's the point? For me, the reason to get a system is to play games, and if I feel there are enough games compelling enough on a particular system that it's worth the 'price of admission' then I'll choose to get it. If I like Halo and Forza and Gears and the new games look like they've made enough improvements, then why wouldn't I get the system that it takes to play them? If I think DriveClub, Infamous Second Son, or Killzone look good, why wouldn't I get a PS4. If I've been a fan of Mario, Zelda and Metroid games since the NES, why wouldn't I get a WiiU?CallOfDutyRulez

What am I supposed to learn? That different people might find entertainment in different games? My point was that if I see something in a game that appeals to me, I don't like to limit my options. Just this past generation, of which I own all 3 systems, I've enjoyed games on my android tablet and a PC - which the majority of multiplatform games get played on.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

turns your livingroom onto always on massive intergrated gaming on the cloud goodness. dealwithit or just get the console, Im getting that POS PS4, hate it, but i wont deprive myself.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#45 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
You're trying too hard, lad.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

OP loves driveclub, he was showing gifs of it right after the PS4 announcement :lol:

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Coolyfett

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

AD216

Are you a new student?

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AD216

[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]Coolyfett has questions? Are you getting a PS4? If so are you trying to convince MS fans to switch over the Playstation Family??

Coolyfett

Are you a new student?

nah, i'm just not on here that often.
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Coolyfett

OP loves driveclub, he was showing gifs of it right after the PS4 announcement :lol:

Mr720fan

That is very interesting.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

You know what? Every single exclusive game this gen barring the Last of Us sucked massive donkey balls. They all sucked shit. Uncharted, InFamous, Killzone, Forza, Halo, Gears, Alan Wake, LBP, and every other exclusive I haven't mentioned SUCKED ASS. Exclusives are just a piss-poor reason for lems and cows to justify their purchases. It'll be a multiplatform war like this gen. You know it and I know it. 

CallOfDutyRulez

I know you have an infatuation with TLOU, but seriously, this is the most absurd statement you've ever made. And that's saying a lot :|