What's the most disappointing game this generation and of all time?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

This generation:

CoD2 or Hellgate London

All time:

Kings Quest: Mask of Eternity

Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts

Chromehounds, Prey. the Tenchu 360 game...

but all time worst...? hmm....

I'll get back to this.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Halo 3 for me.

Game was set to deliver so much, and was hyped way to much (especially on these forums).

Then it was released and the realistation sunk in it was almost exactly the same as Halo CE, and was missing a huge amount of awesome features and design ideas that Bungie said they would implement.

Oh it was also underwhelming in Bioshock that exploration was so limited. You really got the impression before the game came out you could wander around rapture and it was a bit more non linear.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

Liar could be an above avarage game if they released a patch for normal controlls.

graphics and sound are great. Gameplay craptastic

Andrew_Xavier

They all ready did release a patch for normal controls...

Yep, infact i really enjoyed the game with normal controls.... the game is not bad as many state, imo if this game was released with optional analog controls it would have received much less criticism...

This generation the most disappointing games for me were NFS:PRo Street, Timeshift & Enchanted Arms..

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

This generation the worst I ever played would have to be, "Hour of Victory". This was a game I was hoping Midway would deliver and u would think this game would be awesome but damn it had to be the worse game that I played not only this next gen but I think ever. Even Lair was a bad game but Lair would be considered AAA if u were to compare Lair to Hour of Victory and that is a very bad thing.

Nolan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 Nolan16
Member since 2006 • 4022 Posts

id have to say biggest dissapointment is Madden 08 for the PS3 this generation that version was crappy and uncalled for.

of all time i gotta say Starwars galaxies the NGE.

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

Nothing beats PDZ.

It was awesome on the 64 and it turned out crap (9/10 - lol) this gen. If Rare make another one, they need to work from the original, and not make a crap game that annoys everyone.

All time - probably FFX2. I was excited for it thinking it'd be a real FF.

the-very-best

And that's not going to happen since the team behind the original is now Free Radical studios.

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

PDZ, Halo3 and in some ways GTAIV because they took so much out of it.

All time would prolly be Motorstorm IMO. The E3 trailers was so amazing and the final product was a huge letdown.

SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

Bioshock was a good game, but it wasn't the second coming. Ken Levine said that we would have to conserve ammo, build traps and that the Big daddies would be tough to take down.

I stumbled on ammo and health packs everywhere I went, most of the plasmids were useless and I was able to kill a Big daddy my first try, which was disappointing since I expected them to be extremely powerful.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 skrat_01

Bioshock was a good game, but it wasn't the second coming. Ken Levine said that we would have to conserve ammo, build traps and that the Big daddies would be tough to take down.

I stumbled on ammo and health packs everywhere I went, most of the plasmids were useless and I was able to kill a Big daddy my first try, which was disappointing since I expected them to be extremely powerful.

SpinoRaptor

Yea hear hear, and you would be killed by Big Daddies and simply respawn in a Vita chamber and continue hacking away at it. Heck the rench + tonics/perks took them down easily. And the shotgun.

A huge contrast to that epic 'hunting the big daddy' E3 video....

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
Oblivion and BioShock for both.
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
The Creed's Assassin takes the price from me. Game started out good but became dull after the third-fourth mission.
blizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 blizzle
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts
Bioshock. They tried to tell us it would be like system shock, yet left out the fact there would be absolutetly no RPG elements. So it turned out to be another dumbed down console FPS. Sure it's got atmosphere but what a massive dissapointment. Wish I hadn't wasted my $$ on the pos. I've learned now and will never buy a game from 2k again.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#64 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

@Deathscape666's sig: My most recent review: There was no point in remaking Final Fantasy III and making another generation of gamers suffer. (Nintendo DS) (1.0/10)

Were u stoned when u wrote that?

Cajun_Catfish

No, I was not. Why?

The game is absolutely awful.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Hellgate London and Oblivion.
richest_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 richest_boy
Member since 2006 • 155 Posts

this gen = lair

all time = Devil may cry 2 for me (f***ing deisel advert)

DMC2 still makes me mad. all that wasted content

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I'm scared for Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway.

I dl'd the new trailer and it looked horrible, I think they just upped the resolution on the old engine and left it at that. If BiA:HH does not deliver that will be my biggest dissapointment so far.

Hopefully the great gameplay will still be intact I guess when it comes right down to it that more important to me than the visuals.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

Perfect dark 0

Assassins creed

GTA4

Avatar image for insanewolfninja
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#69 insanewolfninja
Member since 2005 • 4919 Posts
The orange box. after what I heard about that for the pc I always wanted that game badly rented for 2 days on my 360..... end result I was depressed thus started my do I even like games anymore phase cause assaisns I didint like gta 4 was VERY dsipponting to me, and was staring to wonder do I like games anym,ore..... then a little game I shouldeve bought instead of AC came along on may 1 2008 I bought MASS EFEECT and thus found out how mutch I have a psassion for games. I guess the moral of the story is 1 game might not live up to expectations but theres always another 1 out there thats amazing.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#70 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I'd have to say Haze. Who would have thought Free Radical could have got it so wrong?

Of all time? Hm... Syphon Filter 3, or Crash Bandicoot 4, when it went multiplat and bought by another company. :(

manny280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 manny280
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

This gen: CoD 4

All Time: SMS

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

This gen. I still Love Ninja Gaiden 2 but there are some parts of the game that just need to be cut like all of the bow sequences.

All time I remember when Fable was supposed to be the absolute most amazing thing ever with an open evolving world with quests that would generate by themselves and it would have amazing animation and so on. That's why I'm not getting hyped for Fable 2.

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
[QUOTE="Cajun_Catfish"]

@Deathscape666's sig: My most recent review: There was no point in remaking Final Fantasy III and making another generation of gamers suffer. (Nintendo DS) (1.0/10)

DeathScape666

No, I was not. Why?

He may be getting it confused with Final Fantasy VI which was amazing. But III sucked hard. All you did was run through a dungeon, die at the boss level, level up twice go fight him agian, and win not because you are stronger now but because he didn't do "X" attack that does "Y" amount of unrealistic damadge to the entire party.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

This Gen: Red Steel (It looked great in the previews but it sucked) and Assassin's Creed (It was fun but it was too tedious) and Bioshock (I was just too hyped for it if I wasn't that hyped for it it might not of been Dissappointing)

All Time: Red Steel

I haven't been Dissappointed in a game until Red Steel.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 skrat_01

I'm scared for Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway.

I dl'd the new trailer and it looked horrible, I think they just upped the resolution on the old engine and left it at that. If BiA:HH does not deliver that will be my biggest dissapointment so far.

Hopefully the great gameplay will still be intact I guess when it comes right down to it that more important to me than the visuals.

Riverwolf007

The latest Trailer was indeed terrible.

It was like watching a crappy 1940s propaganda film.

And the last line... with the German soldier being thrown off the rooftop... Ugh.

Have the developers been playing Turning Point too much or somthing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#76 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"][QUOTE="Cajun_Catfish"]

Sparky04

No, I was not. Why?

He may be getting it confused with Final Fantasy VI which was amazing. But III sucked hard. All you did was run through a dungeon, die at the boss level, level up twice go fight him agian, and win not because you are stronger now but because he didn't do "X" attack that does "Y" amount of unrealistic damadge to the entire party.

Yeah, exactly! I find it hard to believe that people can actually have fun playing that game. It was forty dollars when it first came out, too. Are you kidding me? Five dollars higher than regularly priced DS games.

Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

This gen: BioShock.

All time: Final Fantasy VIII

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

gundam for the ps 3. my poor son cried for hours because he wanted this game so bad and he hated it.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#79 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

This gen: Hmm... I did find bioshock disappointing, but not to the point that I'd put it high on a list like this (it is overrated though). I think I'd go with Supreme Commander. I still really like it, but it such a performance hog that I just can't get the scope of battles I want out of it. Still, that's mostly because my expectations were very high for it.

All time: Doom 3. So much potential, so little delivery. Certainly not the worst game out there, but pretty weak generally, and I had very high expectations for it.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts

I remember being really, really disappointed with Starfox: Assault... I bought it at launch, thinking it would be another Starfox 64, and it wasn't even close.

I wouldn't say I was really "disappointed" with it, but after playing a little Oblivion, I couldn't see why it was so highly regarded. It's a technically impressive game, but for some reason the gameplay didn't hook me. Maybe I'm just biased.

After reading about how amazing Super Metroid was, I got it on VC... another technically impressive game that I just didn't find to be all that fun. I don't hate it, though--I actually did take the time to finish it.

Finally, though I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this, SMG was not exactly what I had hoped for, although it's still a great game. It's just that some of the levels seemed to be a compromise between the open worlds of SM64 and the action-based platforming of the 2D titles--they came off as overly simplistic.

SSBR_WILL_PWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SSBR_WILL_PWN
Member since 2005 • 1104 Posts

GTA 4 by far.

I've never played a GTA game before 4, and while it's definetly a great game, I quickly got bored with it. The story was average, and the characters were flat out stupid. From Manny and his worthless ranting to Brucie and his ridiculous Beaver Teeth, I was not having fun.

The other day, I picked up the original GTA trilogy on PS2, and San Andreas itself already kicks the crap out of IV. The setting is better, the story is great and I actually CARE about the characters, the soundtrack is better, and most importantly, there's MORE STUFF TO DO.

GTA 4 does have MUCH better shootouts, I agree, but San Andreas beats it in every other category, sans graphics and city detail, and that's pretty sad....

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#82 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

I remember being really, really disappointed with Starfox: Assault...

--ProtoMan--

*bleep*, okay, now you reminded me of my true all time most disappointing game, way worse thatn doom 3, namely STAR FOX ADVENTURE. I had nearly bloated it out of my mind, but damn did it suck and I thought it would be awesome. *shutter* bad memories.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

Anyone who started Lair, heard that soundtrack and saw those visuals, and then felt anything less than thrilled at the controls (I know I was getting mighty mad at the game) can explain disappointed.

The soundtrack is great, the visuals are top notch, and it controls worse than a car with 4 square, flat tires. That first level felt like such a punch in the gut after all those production values just passed before your eyes. I could feel the potential burst into flames in my psyche.

SpruceCaboose
You are flying a dragon not a helicopter. The SIXAXIS controls work really well, the only real problem is that they don't really add much to the game (IMO), certainly not enough to force each and every player to use them.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
Oblivion
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 skrat_01
OblivionMTBare
Damn cant beleive I forgot Oblivion...
Abstract_Choas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Abstract_Choas
Member since 2008 • 466 Posts

I highly disagree with both of your game choices.

I really dont see why there is so much hate for Super Mario Sunshine. I thought it was a really fun game.

For this gen Im going to have to go with Assassins Creed. When I first heard about this game forever ago I was so excited, i thought it was going to kick boneified a$$. It did but only for like half an hour then go dreadfully repetitive and boring...