Whats the best coop of this gen?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

[QUOTE="Lable1985"][QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="Lable1985"] Of course not. Why on earth would halo ever be on any of my polls unless the polls are about the worst games that everyone seems to like for some reason that I myself cannot comprehend.walkingdream
It's called opinions, and learning to accept other peoples views.

You cant tell someone to accept other peoples view, all you can do is tell them to tolerate them. Now I know the game isn't broken, and its gameplay is perfectly functional, but there's so much I hate about it. It feels like it doesn't have a soul, and it feels artificial. Playing it is like watching a Micheal Bay, or Rolland Emmerick movie if that makes any sense. Now truthfully I didn't hate the first game because it actually felt like it had a soul(you know, the human element) Now lets do an exercise, lets compare the two games(Halo, and halo 3) as two different kind of cakes. Imagine the developers as an ambitious Master chef devoting all his abilities into baking a really awesome cake that everyone loves when he serves it to them, but then someone tells him to bake the same kind of cake over, and over again while each passing cake losing more of the tender loving care due the Master chefs ambition dying, and being replaced by a machine like state where its only desire is reduced to just mimicking how the original cake was made(and this is were we get to halo 3), and merely adding more, and more icing everytime he baked a new cake....... And personally too much icing makes me sick.

Theres been 3 halos of the main franchise that have been different from the one before.

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 jet052006
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

I would personally choose Halo 3.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#103 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

Realism - Expert, 4-Player Online Co-op:Left 4 Dead 2

BTW, I would replace Gears 2 with Halo 3. Much better co-op, and game.

Norfliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Norfliver
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts

Ah, don't we all love going split screen or online with a buddy in a game, and kicking arse? Going coop is more fun in this generation than any other generation before it, and I dare you to proove me otherwise! So, this brings up a question. Whats the best?

Boarderlands coop: Going up against a bass arse scags, and Jason Voorhees with four friends, and crazy weapons is one of this gens coop gems, and without the coop the game is a boring tedious mess.

Resistance 2 coop: Say what you want about R2(anonymous troll "its graphics are awefull, the animations are bad, it wants to be halo!") Whatever the bollocks you want to say you cannot ignore how awesome its coop was. It was very tight, and original(for a shooter) and most of all addictive. Heck some ppl just played that part of the game, and ignored the rest.

Left 4 Dead 2 coop: Zombies + shooter action + 4 desprite survivors with big guns = ZOMG!!!!!! This was the coop game to play when you absolutely positively need to shower your self in blood without worrying about the clean up. Seriously though,do I need to explain why this game is awesome?

Rock Band 2 coop: Yea I can hear a lot of ppl complaining about this being here, but hear me out. This is the one coop game on this list that can be a big social event at parties that don't just include your group of dnd friends(dont worry I'm making fun of my self to). Its one of those few games that gets just about everyone togather to have fun with, and that in my mind is what makes it a great coop game. Simply because it gets everyone togather to play it.

Gears 2 coop: Ahh, this is an insainly fun game to play through with a friend, and horde mode is the icing on the cake for this amazing game.

btw I'd be perfectly happy switching out any of these games this time if there was a huge one a missed.

Lable1985

An elitist poll forgot Monster Hunter 3 !

The fanboy is forgiven

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
i haven't played borderlands, but outside of that l4d2 easily. A game where skill actually matters in the campaign.
Avatar image for deactivated-58e10fda5672e
deactivated-58e10fda5672e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-58e10fda5672e
Member since 2005 • 295 Posts
Off that list gears of war 2 co-op, but RE 5 was my favorite co-op game this gen. Never understood the hate RE 5 gets.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
Off that list gears of war 2 co-op, but RE 5 was my favorite co-op game this gen. Never understood the hate RE 5 gets.justin28107
it was i guess the worst of the re series (the main story, not the spin offs like dead aim etc) but i did think overall it was still good.
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
I'd have to go with Resident Evil 5, because it supports both offline and online coop play. It wasn't the great RE title since RE4 (or RE2 for the old schoolers), but it is one of the only full-fledged retail HD games supporting dedicated cooperative multiplayer.
Lable1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 394

#109 Lable1985
Member since 2008 • 1046 Posts

[QUOTE="Lable1985"]

Ah, don't we all love going split screen or online with a buddy in a game, and kicking arse? Going coop is more fun in this generation than any other generation before it, and I dare you to proove me otherwise! So, this brings up a question. Whats the best?

Boarderlands coop: Going up against a bass arse scags, and Jason Voorhees with four friends, and crazy weapons is one of this gens coop gems, and without the coop the game is a boring tedious mess.

Resistance 2 coop: Say what you want about R2(anonymous troll "its graphics are awefull, the animations are bad, it wants to be halo!") Whatever the bollocks you want to say you cannot ignore how awesome its coop was. It was very tight, and original(for a shooter) and most of all addictive. Heck some ppl just played that part of the game, and ignored the rest.

Left 4 Dead 2 coop: Zombies + shooter action + 4 desprite survivors with big guns = ZOMG!!!!!! This was the coop game to play when you absolutely positively need to shower your self in blood without worrying about the clean up. Seriously though,do I need to explain why this game is awesome?

Rock Band 2 coop: Yea I can hear a lot of ppl complaining about this being here, but hear me out. This is the one coop game on this list that can be a big social event at parties that don't just include your group of dnd friends(dont worry I'm making fun of my self to). Its one of those few games that gets just about everyone togather to have fun with, and that in my mind is what makes it a great coop game. Simply because it gets everyone togather to play it.

Gears 2 coop: Ahh, this is an insainly fun game to play through with a friend, and horde mode is the icing on the cake for this amazing game.

btw I'd be perfectly happy switching out any of these games this time if there was a huge one a missed.

Norfliver

An elitist poll forgot Monster Hunter 3 !

The fanboy is forgiven

how is that fanboyish?
SgtKevali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 SgtKevali
Member since 2009 • 5763 Posts

I thought SCC had really good coop.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts
[QUOTE="Brainhunter"]I'd have to go with Resident Evil 5, because it supports both offline and online coop play. It wasn't the great RE title since RE4 (or RE2 for the old schoolers), but it is one of the only full-fledged retail HD games supporting dedicated cooperative multiplayer.

L4D and L4D2 allows this also. It even works on PC, you just need a 360 controller for the 2nd player.
yanbuco2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 yanbuco2712
Member since 2006 • 456 Posts

Little Big Planet.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

Nazi Zombies, Demon Souls and MH3

and best local coop is NSMB

Pbjb989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Pbjb989
Member since 2010 • 250 Posts

Little Big Planet.

yanbuco2712

I can't believe I didn't think of this. I remember playing 9 hours straight with 3 other random players. We all got Platinum that night.

Other than that, WaW.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Splinter Cell Conviction should be on that list

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
Nazi Zombies, Crackdown, Halo 3, Gears of War 2, L4D2
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

Saint's Row 2 and its not even close. You could do every main mission, side mission, mini-game and general jackassery co-op. There wasn't anything else you could ask for.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

Saint's Row 2 and its not even close. You could do every main mission, side mission, mini-game and general jackassery co-op. There wasn't anything else you could ask for.

hellhund
Ahhhhh yes, forgot about SR2, awesome co-op game, more than made up for the crappy multiplayer
Lable1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 394

#119 Lable1985
Member since 2008 • 1046 Posts

[QUOTE="walkingdream"][QUOTE="Lable1985"] It's called opinions, and learning to accept other peoples views.Cloud567kar

You cant tell someone to accept other peoples view, all you can do is tell them to tolerate them. Now I know the game isn't broken, and its gameplay is perfectly functional, but there's so much I hate about it. It feels like it doesn't have a soul, and it feels artificial. Playing it is like watching a Micheal Bay, or Rolland Emmerick movie if that makes any sense. Now truthfully I didn't hate the first game because it actually felt like it had a soul(you know, the human element) Now lets do an exercise, lets compare the two games(Halo, and halo 3) as two different kind of cakes. Imagine the developers as an ambitious Master chef devoting all his abilities into baking a really awesome cake that everyone loves when he serves it to them, but then someone tells him to bake the same kind of cake over, and over again while each passing cake losing more of the tender loving care due the Master chefs ambition dying, and being replaced by a machine like state where its only desire is reduced to just mimicking how the original cake was made(and this is were we get to halo 3), and merely adding more, and more icing everytime he baked a new cake....... And personally too much icing makes me sick.

Theres been 3 halos of the main franchise that have been different from the one before.

By difference you mean each one was slightly more shiny right?