What will be the best game releasing this month?

• 72 results
Edited 11 months, 15 days ago

Poll: What will be the best game releasing this month? (90 votes)

Watch Dogs (XB1, PS4, PS3, X360, PC) 31%
Wolfenstein: The New Order (XB1, PS4, PS3, X360, PC) 12%
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) 57%

May looks to be a great month for owners of all systems- but which game releasing this month do you think will be the best? This isn't a question about which will score the highest, just a simple question for you, the gamer: which of these three games will eventually come out as the best of the month?

#1 Edited by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -

Mario Kart 8.

Wolfenstein looks cool, but I wonder if it'll be legitimately cool. Mario Kart will be Mario Kart.

#2 Edited by SolidTy (45719 posts) -

I'm not interested in any of those games, unfortunately.

The one I have a passing interest in is Mario Kart 8, but I'm not a huge fan of that particular franchise. I like a lot of Nintendo franchises, but the Kart Racing ones weren't my faves, although I own them all. I'm not into racers, but if I was forced to play a racer, it would be a Kart racer like Mario Kart. I'm not into Ubi games (except for Ancel's) and I'm not big into sandbox games. I already got burned by Wolfenstein a few times, and this game has a new developer MachineGames, which I don't ever trust new devs straight away. They could surprise me (Yes, I know of the Starbreez talent), but we'll see.

If I was going to guess scores, I would think Mario Kart would win...with Watchdogs also a contender. I have no hope for Wolfenstein to beat the other two, although I loved the id developed FPS PC games way back in the Shareware days.

#3 Posted by _Matt_ (9329 posts) -

Tough one. I'm most excited about Wolfenstein at the moment so I voted that.

Mario Kart 8 was almost chosen though.

#4 Posted by blackace (21319 posts) -

I'd take Mario Kart 8 over the other 2 games if I had a Wii U.

#5 Edited by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@blackace said:

I'd take Mario Kart 8 over the other 2 games if I had a Wii U.

I thought you were a a manticore?

#6 Posted by Heil68 (46722 posts) -

Watch Dogs, I love open world games. Mario Kart will have the highest score out of all 3 games though.

#7 Edited by AdobeArtist (23025 posts) -

C'mon. Watchdogs is the only fresh new IP coming this month.

#8 Edited by Bigboi500 (30962 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

#9 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3767 posts) -

Definitely not Wolfenstien or Watch Dogs.

#10 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

This month is super boring. Next month is even more barren. Disappoint.

#11 Edited by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

*stein

#12 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3767 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

*stein

No, it's stien.

#13 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26220 posts) -

Watch Dogs, because let's get real here, Mario Kart 8 is launching at the END of May so it's really a June game.

#14 Edited by charizard1605 (60807 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

It may be the only new IP, but functionally it is no fresher than Mario Kart.

#15 Edited by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

No, it's stien.

Such a SNIPER thing to say.

#16 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3767 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

No, it's stien.

Such a SNIPER thing to say.

PrincessSNIPER.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

PrincessSNIPER.

That's just wrong.

#18 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3767 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

PrincessSNIPER.

That's just wrong.

You're wrong.

#19 Edited by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

You're wrong.

I'm always right, except when I'm wrong.

#20 Posted by stereointegrity (10817 posts) -

mario cart might be the reason i buy a wii u

#21 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3767 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

You're wrong.

I'm always right, except when I'm wrong.

I'm always right.

#22 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9262 posts) -

Which games does SNIPER hate? I choose those ones.

#23 Edited by charizard1605 (60807 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

So... Kart?

#24 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9262 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

So... Kart?

Yes.

#25 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9864 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

The one I have a passing interest in is Mario Kart 8, but I'm not a huge fan of that particular franchise. I like a lot of Nintendo franchises, but the Kart Racing ones weren't my faves, although I own them all. I'm not into racers, but if I was forced to play a racer, it would be a Kart racer like Mario Kart. I'm not into Ubi games (except for Ancel's) and I'm not big into sandbox games. I already got burned by Wolfenstein a few times, and this game has a new developer MachineGames, which I don't ever trust new devs straight away. They could surprise me (Yes, I know of the Starbreez talent), but we'll see.

If I was going to guess scores, I would think Mario Kart would win...with Watchdogs also a contender. I have no hope for Wolfenstein to beat the other two, although I loved the id developed FPS PC games way back in the Shareware days.

You are a cool chap, and it makes me wonder - what are you looking forward to this year in particular? I mean, technically I'm just curious about Wolfenstein as potentially awesome B-movie kind of a game I'd pick for half price by the end of the year...and maybe minimal interest in Watch Dogs but also after price reduction and if the reviews will be really good and prove it's not about gimmicks. And I wouldn't play those games anyway since I don't have a next-gen machine yet, and I'll only have it around October, but then I'd get Alien: Isolation or new Batman first.

#26 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 by far. Watch Dogs looks good, but I feel like I still need to see more on it before saying it'll be great, I'm not even sure why Wolfenstein is on that list pretty sure the only thing that game has going for it is the Doom Beta key....

#27 Posted by SolidTy (45719 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy said:

You are a cool chap, and it makes me wonder - what are you looking forward to this year in particular? I mean, technically I'm just curious about Wolfenstein as potentially awesome B-movie kind of a game I'd pick for half price by the end of the year...and maybe minimal interest in Watch Dogs but also after price reduction and if the reviews will be really good and prove it's not about gimmicks. And I wouldn't play those games anyway since I don't have a next-gen machine yet, and I'll only have it around October, but then I'd get Alien: Isolation or new Batman first.

I have left the door open to Wolfenstein being a nice surprise hit (for me), much like Batman AA did when Rocksteady released that. I would LOVE for it to be fun, but I just have low expectations.

I do want the New Batman game which allows Batmobilin' & wheelin', that's on my list and I'm waiting for E3 to pin a tail on the games that are releasing this year since it's all sort of up in the air. I know of upcoming games I want (Like Remedy's latest, Insomniac's Sunset I'm Intrigued, The Order has my interest, Black Tusk's new GeoW I'm hoping is good, Uncharted 4 I'm willing to try, New Zelda if that's due, 343's second try at Halo 5, Mikami's new Horror game, Alien Isolation, and a few others.), but I have no idea of their actual street dates.

#28 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9748 posts) -

Mario Kart 8, but the other two should be good too, especially Wolfenstein.

#29 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9748 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

It would be easier to answer the question, "What games doesn't SNIPER hate?"

#30 Posted by lostrib (41948 posts) -

I hope its watch dogs

#31 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (972 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 is king. Nintendo has been working on that for like 5 years.

#32 Posted by AdobeArtist (23025 posts) -

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

This month is super boring. Next month is even more barren. Disappoint.

I thought you were looking forward to Bound By Flame ;P

#33 Posted by Ballroompirate (23667 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

New IP doesnt mean better :P

But I do have to say Watchdogs looks tempting while Mario Kart is the same shyt but with HD graphics and Wolfenstein is gonna be good or just suck horribly.

#34 Posted by mems_1224 (48339 posts) -

I really hope its Watch Dogs

#35 Posted by Zethrickk382 (299 posts) -

I'm actually looking forward to "H1Z1 alpha" It should be releasing this month.

#36 Edited by Basinboy (11374 posts) -

No Transistor?

God dammit @charizard1605

#37 Edited by cfisher2833 (2150 posts) -

Mario Kart 8. I just don't think Wolfenstein is gonna be that good. It just doesn't seem to have anything going for it.

#38 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29714 posts) -

Really hoping Watch Dogs ends up being great.

#39 Edited by lamprey263 (25254 posts) -

well, as far as I'm concerned it's Mario Kart 8, I've no desire to get the others until I get an X1 or PS4

#40 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

Hopefully Watch Dogs. It looks like the delay really helped it because it looks 10x better and more interesting than it did last year.

#41 Posted by Slashkice (13591 posts) -

Drakengard 3 > Soul Sacrifice Delta > Transistor > Wolfenstein > Mind Zero > Monster Monpiece > Mario Kart 8 > Watch_Dogs

That's my take on the month, though I'm probably forgetting something.

#42 Posted by Big_Pecks (5575 posts) -

Mario Kart 10/10.

#43 Edited by charizard1605 (60807 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

Drakengard 3 > Soul Sacrifice Delta > Transistor > Wolfenstein > Mind Zero > Monster Monpiece > Mario Kart 8 > Watch_Dogs

That's my take on the month, though I'm probably forgetting something.

Mario Golf and Kirby? D:

#44 Edited by StrongBlackVine (9467 posts) -

Transistor...scumbags.

#45 Posted by silversix_ (15813 posts) -

There's no good games released this month. My game this month is the same game last month. Dark Souls 2 up in this bish!

#46 Posted by Slashkice (13591 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

Mario Golf and Kirby? D:

Oh right, thought those were April games for some reason. I guess I'd have it as Golf > Kart > Kirby in my list.

#47 Posted by toughtrasher (253 posts) -

WATCH DOGS! Eternally excited for this game.

#48 Posted by RR360DD (13018 posts) -

Ill take a guess and say Mario kart.

Really don't know what to think of watchdogs anymore.

#49 Edited by finalstar2007 (25842 posts) -

Mediocre list is Mediocre.. was this thread just a reason to mention Mario kart tc? wouldn't be surprised if so

anyways not interested in any of those.. what im very interested in is Drakengard 3 and thats the only game to deserve a purchase from me

#50 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6942 posts) -

I think MK8 will get the highest score, but I personally think Watch_Dogs will be the best. I also have a good feeling about Wolfenstein too actually.